Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Christmas Dinner . . .

. . . okay, so we've been to the grocery store three times in the past two days, and Christmas is still almost a week away. We'll still need to hit the store on Christmas Eve morning to pick up the perishables etc. But I think we've got everything else covered.

Anyway, looking at the different things in people's baskets and the different options at the meat counter, I got to thinking about the various things people do for Christmas Dinner.

I know some people do turkey, some do ham, and others do prime rib or roast beef.

So, let's talk about it. What are you doing for Christmas dinner this year?

We typically do fondue on Christmas Day, and that's not changing this year. It's a family favorite, one of my personal favorites and a great excuse to have friends over to join us.

On Christmas Eve, I'll be making homeade sauce with Italian sausage over fresh pasta and we'll do a stuffed artichoke, bacon wrapped greenbean bundles to go with it.

So, what about everybody else? What's for dinner?
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
STOCKYJIM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
. . . okay, so we've been to the grocery store three times in the past two days, and Christmas is still almost a week away. We'll still need to hit the store on Christmas Eve morning to pick up the perishables etc. But I think we've got everything else covered.

Anyway, looking at the different things in people's baskets and the different options at the meat counter, I got to thinking about the various things people do for Christmas Dinner.

I know some people do turkey, some do ham, and others do prime rib or roast beef.

So, let's talk about it. What are you doing for Christmas dinner this year?

We typically do fondue on Christmas Day, and that's not changing this year. It's a family favorite, one of my personal favorites and a great excuse to have friends over to join us.

On Christmas Eve, I'll be making homeade sauce with Italian sausage over fresh pasta and we'll do a stuffed artichoke, bacon wrapped greenbean bundles to go with it.

So, what about everybody else? What's for dinner?
We've just changed our plans, we are coming to yours!!!!!

Seriously though we have just had major plan changes. We were going to have a romantic meal with just the two of us based on my families traditional xmas meal - Lobster to start followed by Turkey with the trimmings and ending with xmas pudding.

As of yesterday, thanks to way too many cocktails, I invited my SIL and her family over for dinner with my usual cry of "the more the merrier" (Damn those mojito's!!)

This was great till I woke up this morning and realised that 2 have become 8 (+ 3 dogs!!) so have now upgraded the turkey to a "plus size" full bird and downgraded the lobster to smoked salmon and Shrimp, all still followed by christmas pudding with a cheese board for munchies later.

itll be great as we will have the kids there, which I think will make christmas, and we only have to convert our spare bedroom into a dining room for the occassion which should be a snap!!!

Hope everyone else has a great time!!
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
DVCDan36
Mouseketeer

This year we are doing small snacks and hors d'oeurvres. Nothing fancy, family can come and go, enjoy some company, enjoy some food, and hopefully some laughs.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

We always do Chinese take-out and snacky-food for Christmas eve. Christmas day varies, but it looks like we are heading to Sea World this year
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Christmas Eve we go to my DH's Aunt's house. His family is Armenian so they tend to have all different foods...string cheese, stuffed grape leaves and some other things I don't eat! This year they will also be having a pork loin and spicy baked beans. Before we go to their house at 7pm (once they get home from church) we are going to a friends house and they will be having a traditional dinner and 'picky' foods.

To his Aunt house I will bring beer bread, dip, spinnach florientine ring and homemade creamy corn. To our friends house I will bring bacon wrapped hot dogs in brown sugar, andscallops wrapped in bacon.

Christmas Day we have brunch here at our house with the in laws then for dinner we will be having steaks (good steaks!) and some fixings

The day after New Years we will go to NY to my mom's house for a full turkey and ham dinner, along with Italian stuff (her BF is Italian).

I'm pretty much betting I'll gain several pounds these next few weeks.
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
BigTiggerGuy
HHN Here We Come Again!!!!

This is my first Christmas in Florida and since I was just back home for Thanksgiving I can't get the time off work to go back. Luckily, my DP is flying in tonight to stay for the week. We are having homemade baked ziti(I even made my own gravy), caesar salad, meatballs, italian bread, and homemade cheesecake for dessert. Christmas Day will be a traditional turkey dinner with TONS of leftovers! Luckily I have some friends flying down for New Year's Eve so hopefully they like turkey!
Happy Holidays to everyone!
HHN Oct 1-3, 2008
Oct 31, 2008 2 Weeks in Africa!
Feb. 16-19, 2009 Disneyland!
October 27-30, 2009 HHN Here we come...again!
Dec. 13-19, 2009 Coronado Springs
October 2010- Moved to Davenport, FL- 15 minutes away! Time for the Annual Pass!!!!
BigTiggerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
jjjmranch
Mouseketeer

Christmas Day is spent with my inlaws. Curried chicken, garlic rice- the same thing every year. Gets boring. If we go to my folk's house, it's all polish food with a big ham.

I'm trying to bake a leg of lamb for Christmas Eve. First time. We'll see if the kiddos like it.

New Years Day is always at the inlaws again (notice a trend?). Beef stew with all the fixings.

We're not big partiers on New Years Eve, so I need some good ideas!

jjjmranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

We take our traditions from DPs family and mix in our own. I'll start on the night of the 23rd making dough for Apple Kuchen. It's a recipe from my FIL's mother that my MIL took on and is passed on to us. I will get up early on the 24th to cut the apples and make the kuchens. Lots of butter, cinnamon and sugar. The kids and I will then deliver them to friends and relatives.

DP will start in. We've decided on a roast this year. Usually we do turkey but there's a story about my 93 yo mom making the gravy for Thanksgiving this year, burning it and turning us off turkey for awhile.

We'll also make pigs, another German influence from DFIL's mom. Her version had pork and beef mixed with rice, wrapped in cooked cabbage leaves, covered in sauerkraut and baked. Ours is made with ground turkey which is how DP's mom makes them. We'll also have snacky stuff.

Christmas morning we'll make a breakfast casserole and that's it for our cooking. We'll spend the day grazing on what we've made the last couple of days. Except for the years we go to Myrtle Beach to spend with DPs family it's just the 4 of us (we like it that way) and we spend the whole day in jammies and opening presents.

On the 27th it's a whole new menu for "issue free" Christmas something we started years ago with a group of friends that DP has known for 20 years and me for 15. There will be lasagna, greens and beans, anti-pasto etc.

And of course. "Leave your issues at the door, you can pick them up on the way out"

"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

We go to a differant Aunt's house each year but the menu is always Turkey and Ham with all the usual trimmings. Depending on which Aunt (or my Mom) is hosting determines the stuffing concoction that year.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

Crown Roast.
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Apparently we're having fried chicken this year? For the first time... I'm sure there will be potatoes and gravy, green beans, dinner rolls, cranberries, and some form of dessert as well.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:47 AM   #12
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post
Apparently we're having fried chicken this year? For the first time... I'm sure there will be potatoes and gravy, green beans, dinner rolls, cranberries, and some form of dessert as well.
Forgot to mention that when we go to my grandparents for "Christmas" the 2nd week in January, we'll likely end up having sloppy joe's, lutheran-style hotdish, homemade pickles, sharp cheddar on rye bread, some form of potatoes, several different vegetables, and about 30,000 different kinds of cookies, candies, and desserts.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:42 AM   #13
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post
, and about 30,000 different kinds of cookies, candies, and desserts.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #14
M4travels
DIS Veteran

This will be our first Christmas as expats. There will be a group of about 14 - 16 of us with the host house providing the roast turkey (would LOVE a prime rib roast but that would be a stretch down here!!) and the rest of us bringing the trimmings. It'll be a very relaxing day with lots of food, drink, and just great company!

33 is my favorite number!
M4travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #15
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4travels View Post
This will be our first Christmas as expats. There will be a group of about 14 - 16 of us with the host house providing the roast turkey (would LOVE a prime rib roast but that would be a stretch down here!!) and the rest of us bringing the trimmings. It'll be a very relaxing day with lots of food, drink, and just great company!
Sounds perfect!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: