Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #31
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Long story short, after calling 4 times to try and change our reservation and after being told that our dates were blacked out from the kids play free deal we finally switched over to POP, preferred with ground level, 60's or 70's requested. We ended up saving around $500 this way and added a day onto our trip as well I told DH to look at this way. We stay at a Mod and and spend the extra $500 OR we get a new laptop and go to POP w/ an extra day added With us flying now there was no way I was going to attempt CBR w/o our own car My kids are so young they are more attracted to the Values at this point anyhow. Hopefully in the end it all works out!

I'm so happy to read that you enjoy POP so much! We stay at Sports our last visit and I have no complaints. We were hardly ever in our room and it did its job!
I'm sure it will all work out. Glad to see you got your reservation fixed the way you wanted. The extra money we save by staying at pop we do things like T-rex and build a dino. One of my girls requested to do BBB and the other be a pirate. Pop has a great pool for the kids and Goofy pop up jets. I wanted to go back to a modeate but my girls were asking for pop. We fit in the room fine right now. But when they get older I can see up going back to a moderate or one of the new suites.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #32
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Uggh the obsession is really taking over now I have fallen asleep 3 nights in a row looking over the menus LOL. This is why I love the Dis! I know that in these obsessions I am not alone hehe.

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #33
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

All caught up now! March isn't too far away.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #34
juliebean
Mouseketeer

Your children are darling! I have 2 girls (3rd grader and preschool)
and a boy too...but our baby boy is 14 and like 5'8". However, there is a lot of similarities between teenagers and babies...

Can't wait to see if you enjoy the choices for meals - we are doing the deluxe in April and picked many of the same places - CRT, askerkus, Le Cellier.

Beautiful kids and pics!
juliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #35
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Totally been slacking here guys, sorry Lot's of things have changed and I'm gonna go ahead and edit that first page with the updates. We are doing the DxDP now ! Woooo Hoooo for food LOL.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #36
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Following!! Looks like your trip is super close, yay!!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #37
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Welcome :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Following!! Looks like your trip is super close, yay!!
Ughh I know...so close and yet SOOOO far away, especially when its FREEZING out and we have snow everywhere

Seriously though, I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! I'll have to come by and check out your TR! We went in June 2009

Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #38
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Updated INFO

So we are 24 days away from Disney World now and MY how time has gone by. I cannot believe we are almost there! I have the girls costumes bought and ready for BBB! Lillian decided upon Jasmine and Vi choose Cinderella again(shocking, I know lol). They still do not know they are going to BBB OR eating in the castle. I've also ordered the chocolate slippers for the girls for when we go to CRT for lunch.

I'm still debating upon ordering a cake. The practical side of me screams NO because I know we are totally going to have WAY too much Disney Desserts on the DxDP BUT the curious side of me is screaming YES to compare them to the cakes back home Need to make up my mind soon here!

I think I am most looking forward to getting away from the snow at this point I've been going to the tanner this past week and totally dream of FL when I feel the heat from the bulbs frying..I mean, tanning my skin I'm not one who is into this sort of thing but I know that IF I don't do this back home then I will totally be paying for it down there and who wants to spend their trip miserable and in pain from being burnt? At least I will avoid it this way. Which reminds me I need to pick up some baby sunblock from the store for the baby and kids.

Ohhh the baby! I have to give ya'll an update on PJ. HE IS WALKING now Just turned 10 months and is into everything and goes EVERYWHERE. He also says a TON of words. I just can't get over how much he has grown. This trip will be bittersweet since afterwards he will be turning a year

I've started packing bags as well Still have to make up our lists but we are pretty much ready to roll here!

Old 03-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #39
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

23 days!!!! Wooooo Hooooo

Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #40
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
23 days!!!! Wooooo Hooooo
Old 03-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #41
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Down to 22 days now! I had a totally WILD dream last night and guess what it was about?? MmmHmm, Disney I'll fill ya'll in on the gorey details later on. I'm in the process of trying to clip coupons. Yep, gotta start saving money somehow right?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

There's nothing wrong with coupons! I've been coupon crazy for the last few months, trying to save as much as I can!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #43
amyb9
My boys rock!

Going in three days.... obsessed SAHM too! Worried about crowds and cheerleaders! Excited about our yearly visit to Ohana's!!!!
1983 First trip to MK- rained all day and still loved getting my ears 1989 First FULL WDW trip with all 13 in my extended family- nuts and fun. Offsite stay....we did not know any better!!! 2000 Finally back with DS6 and had a whirlwind of fun at AS Sports. 2007 JW Marriott stay with DS 12 and DS 2- yikes. 2008 Fell in love with Swan/Dolphin and the BW area. DH convention so I spent lots of time with DS3 and DS13 who brought a friend. Awesome time.... 2009 Convention time for me- how lucky. My first solo trip, no parks but all the DD, resort and BW fun and food I never get to experience.2010 January wknd trip DH, DS4 and me. A trip to focus on Star Wars and Legos.... Perfect! 2010 Back for a long trip at Bonnett Creek...2011 Unexpected conference- Between BC and Gaylord Palms- beautiful week! Jan 2012 Thank you DH for taking us away again! BC here we come! Doing it all this time! Mar 2012 Fun trip for spring break to CA! DL for first time ever- loved it! Amazing....Jan 2013 Watch out BC....we have more days to use and we are bringing friends!
amyb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #44
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

hi! Where in Michigan are you? My moms side is in Marshall and battle creek.
haircut- we last took my ds at 9 months. U wanted to get his hair cut but he didt have any. So now he is 2 years and I am still saving his first haircut for harmony. Thankfully we are just a couple months away. And thankfully his hair is curly because this haircut is long overdue
he was our easiest last trip. I have a Moby too and it definitely was helpful at times. I'd consider taking a stroller from home. It really made the airport easier. You've got carryons and jackets and bags to entertain the kids and tickets out and it's just easier not to have to carry the kids too. You can roll your stroller all the way down the gate ramp and the agents them put it under the plane as you board and it's back out there waitin for you when you step off.

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #45
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Yay our trips are getting so close now! Only 20 days for me. I know what you mean about clipping coupons, I'm going to have to start doing some serious coupon clipping what with our trip to Disney, college tuition next year, and that new laptop I'll need for college as well! Can't wait to hear about your wild Disney dream! lol
Vwdiva93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: