Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #16
arielrebornxoxo
Earning My Ears

Awww your baby Preston is just too cute in his dumbo suit.
arielrebornxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

:)

Thanks for the compliments guys. Preston is just a big ol' ham these days...He'll be 8 months old tomorrow and I'm wondering where time has gone What is odd is that I NEVER "wanted" a boy, just a healthy baby essentially. I guess I was afraid of boys after two girls but my oh my...I LOVE HIM TO PIECES and can't imagine my life without him being in it now

Speaking of Preston! BOY needs to grow him some hair so we can actually attend our appointment at Harmony Barber Shop during our visit

Onto the game plan!

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Our Schedule :)

In a nutshell (I'll try lol).

We will be leaving the 28th but have roughly a 2 hour drive to DTW as well. Our flight leaves at 10 am which means that we probably should be up around 5:30 and be pulling out of our driveway by 6:30. The night before I will be sure to have everything loaded and ready to go! I really am hoping for an easy departure and safe arrival. IDK why but I am still slightly paranoid about flying with the kids. I guess if the plane is going to crash at least wait for us to go to Disney first and do it on its way back home LOL, sorry...sorry...that's kinda morbid but its just a valid fear of mine. ANYWAYS....

We should arrive @ MCO around 12:30 and hopefully be to POP by 2. I'm sure we'll be really hungry by this point so after check in we'll grab something small to eat and then let the kids relax, go swimming, etc...We'll have to head over to MK to grab the boat to GF by 6ish for our 7:30ADR at Narcoossee's. I'm excited about eating here. I know this gets some mixed reviews but DANG it I don't care! The way I look at it their lobster has to be better than the Red Lobsters piece of rubber I was served last week right?? Geez I hope so I really think the kids are going to enjoy dinner here as well, esp with the water light show. Not sure if we will stay for the fireworks as it will be getting late by that point but we'll see I guess. Back to the hotel after to rest up for our day at DHS!

Last edited by lilandvisma; 03-04-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #19
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Continued from above...(had to leave for some last minute Christmas shopping!)

March 29 Our 10 year anniversary and day at HS!

While we love HS this will be our only full day here. I went ahead and made an ADR for Hollywood & Vine for DD and DS. Violette loves her some Oso and DS seems to like Handy Manny so far. I know the food is just so so here and am really going for the characters. Our ADR is for 8 am and HS doesn't open until 9 so I'm hoping we'll get FP early and be able to ride the more popular rides with this advantage of basically being some of the first ppl. in line for the park. RnRc and TOT is my DD's fav and DH likes TSM. Me? I just like the pixar stuff in the park. I like HS, its just not my fav. and I'm pretty sure I speak for my whole family on that one

We also made sure to take advantage of the Fantasmic package and scheduled an ADR for Brown Derby @ 3:30. We all were just blown away from Fantasmic our last visit. I'd recommend this show to ANYONE who is going to WDW. It is a must see! LOVE IT! It's great for the adults and the kids as well.

One thing I simply MUST do while in HS is get these cupcakes I see on the dining review thread YUMMMM! Our last visit I got this INCREDIBLE brownie from a shop there and wished I had gotten some for our trip back home. I was NOT sharing that thing no matter how hard the kids pleaded LOL.

Back to the hotel after Fantasmic and on with the next day of our trip!

Last edited by lilandvisma; 03-04-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Trip plan continued...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Ours was nice I'm sure time will fly by and it will be March before I know it, especially with DD's bday in between now and then.

Onto...

March 30

Back to Magic Kingdom w/ A LOT of "to do's". Breakfast will be short and sweet, preferably something sweet and covered in frosting (perhaps a MSB cinnamon roll? YUM!). First off we have a 9am reservation for the Barber Shop for my DS and DH. A surprise to DH and DS, well..might not be able to keep his appointment unless he grows a wee bit o' hair LOL. Poor guy is pretty bald. I wonder if they'll maybe just do a style for him then?

We have a BBB appointment at noon as well. The girls do NOT know about that so it should be exciting. They are going to LOVE getting all fixed up Following this we have a CRT lunch ADR for 2 pm. We have never been here before so of course we are excited. I'm cautiously excited due to the reviews on here. We do love Akershus but really want to dine in the castle. I keep reading do it at least once so here we are, going to give it a fair shot ! I hope we love it I've also ordered 2 chocolate slippers to eat here as well!

After this LOOOONG day we might head back to the resort and relax a bit and then come back. Depending on how PJ does we might just stay in the park. I plan on using my MOBY wrap a lot while there as well so as long as I'm comfortable I know he will be right with mama wearing him.

We also have a late ADR for Ohana at 8:40 this night. Mmmmm....pot stickers and bread pudding......ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my!!

OK I JUST HAVE TO SAY I AM GETTING SUPER EXCITED about things just in writing this out

Last edited by lilandvisma; 03-04-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

March 31

Animal Kingdom! We have ADR's for Tusker House at 8 am ! Come hungry for this BF, they have SOOO many different foods and everything was sooo fresh when we went last year I knew we just had to go back. The kids loved it here as well. Plan on riding safari ride right after we eat (yea...lol, not such a good choice but it didn't bother us last time !). I'd like to see both Nemo and Lion King shows and spend a little more time doing something other than walking (which is what we seemed to do a ton of during the last visit here at AK). I love that Dinosaur ride there so that will be a must do. I'm hoping that since we know our way around AK now that we will be able to better navigate and use our time there more wisely than before (which was all of ours first visit there).

For lunch we have Yak & Yeti and then dinner at Jiko. We plan on leaving the girls at Simbas @ AKL and having our anni dinner this night ! 10 years...WOW, I can't believe where time goes guys. I guess that means I'm OLD! lol.

April 1

Sleep in/DTD Day. WPE when we get hungry and then Epcot this evening for LeCellier and EMH.

April 2

Epcot (again!)

So I've said it before and I will say it again. WE LOVE EPCOT! Right down to my young DD. We just love everything there, sooo much to do and see We plan on getting there early enough, no big rush really. We have ADR's for Akershus (lunch) which we really enjoyed for Breakfast last year. I'm pretty sure the food there was some of the best we ate during our trip. So FRESH. And the princesses there are lovely! I know the lunch/dinner menu is a bit...different for most American tastes but frankly we are usually up for trying new things! Bring on the Norwegian food right? You aren't gonna get any where we live, that's for sure!

For Dinner we have Garden Grill planned for the kids mostly but also for me...my Thanksgiving turkey this year was a FLOP (don't ask, don't tell hehe). I've been craving me some turkey and dressing

As for when our night will end I will once again let the kiddies lead the way on this one. If they are getting cranky, tired, etc..then bye bye they will go. I'm not one to make myself or anyone else around me miserable just because I want to stay in the parks.

April 3

Magic Kingdom

We'll have to get up for our ADR @ Ohanas today. This is yet another one for the kids, mainly Lily. You know, the more I think about it...I might just make an adr for me and and PJ @ Kona while DH and the girls go to Ohanas. Some Tonga Toast and Macadamia nut pancakes sounds Deeeeelightful right about now and I don't think I'd find one thing to consume at the other place

Soo, after BF we'll head to the MK via monorail from the Poly(and pretend we are actually staying there LMAO). Hopefully accomplish a few things and then probably head back to POP mid afternoon for a break. We'll have to head back to MK around 4:30 for our ADR @ Cali Grill at 5:30. This is another one we are all looking forward to! I cannot wait to try the filet and sushi there. EMH @ MK this evening as well and I'm sure we'll be taking advantage of this. If we aren't dead by this point then I'm assuming we will be going back to the hotel to catch some ZzzZzz's.

April 4

EPCOT

Our last day for Epcot *SOB*. I just love it there....I'm actually surprised the kids do as well since most would rather be in the MK it seems. I guess I'm thankful they are into it as much as I am cuz if they weren't there could be some problems hehe.

We will probably hit up the Patissere in France upon arrival and get some things with SC's. (Did I say probably? Ummm, let me rephrase that...we will FOR SURE hit this place up!). We have Lunch @ France on the schedule at noon and then Flying Fish at 6. I think this is the #2 place on my list of being most excited to try! I cannot wait to order the snapper dish there and crab cake!

April 5

(our last day, pass the kleenex please!)
MAGIC KINGDOM

Wrap things up. We have lunch @ Crystal Palace before we leave as well. I'm sure I'll either be depressed or itching to get home for whatever reason by this point too. I can never understand why either ??? Our flight departs at 6:45 this evening so we'll have to be back at pop around 3 I'm thinking.

NOTE TO SELF...Start planning next Disney trip as soon as we get back home :D

Write more later, baby is paging me

Last edited by lilandvisma; 03-04-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #22
akkascott
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
I wonder if anyone is really reading this? lol.
I'm reading too! Your PTR looks great so far.

Karen from the March 2011 group

Beach Club - March 2011
Caribbean Beach - December 2007

akkascott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

A little update for you all !

I'm thinking about changing resorts and upgrading to AKL?? Or going on the DxDP over the DDP. Ughhh decisions decisions!

Either way I'm getting totally excited! In less than 3 months we will be in our favorite place I think I'll go and check out dresses for our BBB day. Poor Preston is still showing no signs of hair growth LOL. I want so badly for him to be able to go to HBS during our visit but I'm not sure that is going to happen this time

Old 12-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #24
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Your plans are looking great! I hope PJ gets some hair for you. I know how you feel though. I want to surprise my neice with BBB and poor girl has not too much hair. What hair she does have is just in the back. She still has that baby hair. I called her fuzzhead for the longest time. No way it could get the princess bun I want her to have!

Debating on upgrades is so fun! I am dreaming of monorail resorts but just can make myself decide to spend the money. I keep thinking I would rather spend that money on other things!

Keep up posted on the BBB dresses and your upgrading thoughts!

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
TeaForTulips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #25
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Strange thing...

Just checked wdw to see about upgrading and its showing NO availability for ANY of the resorts with the discounted rate Guess we are staying at CBR.

Last edited by lilandvisma; 12-31-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #26
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Joining in...my sister and I will be there the same time as you guys. Yay for March trips! Your plans look great so far!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #27
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Just added another day onto our trip!

I really (and I mean REALLY) want to go and check out Big Cat Rescue in Tampa while we are down there so I've decided to add a day to our visit On our "off" day mid week the plan is going to be to drive out to Tampa in the morning so I can finally see these gorgeous babies and all that BCR does! (Yes, I'm a crazy cat lady lol)

I'm also trying to make more specific plans in place for our visit, which has proven to be difficult these days with three little ones running around I do plan on being much more laid back this time around but am still concerned that we will miss something somehow. I think I'll make a list of things that we didn't do our last visit but would like to get accomplished this time around

Oh, and Happy NEW YEAR everyone!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #28
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Wow, major change ahead ;)

Well it looks as though we are going to be flying down now! I'm not sure how to feel about this at the moment because I really do enjoy driving, however with the price of gas @ $3.20 already and predictions of it hitting $4 by the Summer, airfare is just cheaper! We were planning on renting a vehicle so it wouldn't cause wear and tear on ours, add that in with gas, extra travel days as well as hotel fees along the way...we just wouldn't come out ahead

Also, I am contemplating switching over to POP and saving over $500 with the kids play free deal, still not sure if it would benefit us over the room only discount though as I have been told two different prices by two different CMs when I called yesterday :confused

I have never flown with my kids and I am really not sure how things work with strollers so we probably will just rent one for when we are down there. Wish me luck to find a good price on airfare!! PIXIE DUST NEEDED

Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #29
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Well it looks as though we are going to be flying down now! I'm not sure how to feel about this at the moment because I really do enjoy driving, however with the price of gas @ $3.20 already and predictions of it hitting $4 by the Summer, airfare is just cheaper! We were planning on renting a vehicle so it wouldn't cause wear and tear on ours, add that in with gas, extra travel days as well as hotel fees along the way...we just wouldn't come out ahead

Also, I am contemplating switching over to POP and saving over $500 with the kids play free deal, still not sure if it would benefit us over the room only discount though as I have been told two different prices by two different CMs when I called yesterday :confused

I have never flown with my kids and I am really not sure how things work with strollers so we probably will just rent one for when we are down there. Wish me luck to find a good price on airfare!! PIXIE DUST NEEDED

I have been reading you PTR and enjoying it. We did the kids stay and play free that was the better deal than the room only discount. My suggestion is to go to www.disneytravel.com. Price out your vacation under the promo and print it off then call. Sometimes I find that works better for me. If not I end up paying for things like travel insurance and diffrent tickets I didn't want. We have stayed at pop 2 times and going on a 3rd we love it. I would pefer to stay at a moderate but flying takes a big chunk out of the vacation budget.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #30
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I have been reading you PTR and enjoying it. We did the kids stay and play free that was the better deal than the room only discount. My suggestion is to go to www.disneytravel.com. Price out your vacation under the promo and print it off then call. Sometimes I find that works better for me. If not I end up paying for things like travel insurance and diffrent tickets I didn't want. We have stayed at pop 2 times and going on a 3rd we love it. I would pefer to stay at a moderate but flying takes a big chunk out of the vacation budget.
Long story short, after calling 4 times to try and change our reservation and after being told that our dates were blacked out from the kids play free deal we finally switched over to POP, preferred with ground level, 60's or 70's requested. We ended up saving around $500 this way and added a day onto our trip as well I told DH to look at this way. We stay at a Mod and and spend the extra $500 OR we get a new laptop and go to POP w/ an extra day added With us flying now there was no way I was going to attempt CBR w/o our own car My kids are so young they are more attracted to the Values at this point anyhow. Hopefully in the end it all works out!

I'm so happy to read that you enjoy POP so much! We stay at Sports our last visit and I have no complaints. We were hardly ever in our room and it did its job!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: