Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #16
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

Although we woke up at 6:00am and planned to get right over to the park it was still 8:30am by the time we arrived. The sun was already feeling pretty warm and I knew my son would be miserable in long sleeves. So I stopped In Disney Clothiers and found a cute baseball Mickey baseball t-shirt for Awsumb. This store always had great finds and a different selection that The Emporium.

We ran through Space Mountain a couple times with only 5 minute waits. Then over to Buzz Lightyear, Matterhorn and finally to see Small World Christmas. We had hoped Monday would be slow, but it was still super crowded, evidenced by the lines in Fantasyland. So we chose Peter Pan and Snow White before heading over to Pirates! DH decided to make quick reservations at Cafe Orleans this day because they have some of the same menu items as Blue Bayou. This is the second time I have been there and once again the service was terrible. DH never even received his soup and was served the wrong entree. There was no attempt to make things right and well, next time we will just go back to our usual Blue Bayou tradition. THEY did give us a pewter Nightmare befor Christmas figure and I will have to get a photo of it... I guess they have a new one each week during Christmas? I didn't know anything about this.

DS wanted to see Pooh & Friends, so we headed over there while Kenneth picked up some Fast Passes. We made it through just before they closed off the line to see Pooh and Tigger. Back over to Thunder Mountain Railroad x2 and over to play at the shooting gallery.

The crowds were pretty thick as we headed over to Indiana Jones & The Jungle Cruise. The line to get a dole whip was nuts and I was about ready to start thinking about making our way too the airport. The cool treat refreshed us and DH talked us into one last trip through Space Mountain so we could use Fast Passes we had picked up that morning. By the time we got back to the hub we caught the end of the Christmas Fantasy Parade. DH put DS on his shoulders and we followed the last parade float down mainstreet! What a fun way to say goodbye to Disneyland and all our fun last minute Christmas visit!

Although it was only 5:30 the park was closing at 6pm for a special evening event. Half the exit gates were closed as they set up for the next event... So it was a major bottle neck to get out of the park. 5 minutes after we left the park the magic was over and the craziness of the lasty 72 hours caught up with me. I was super tired and well, DONE! A limo service responded to our taxi request and our driver took us to the airport in record time just before the main evening traffic. We made it home and were all sleeping snuggly in our beds by midnight...dreams of Dole Whips and Mickey Bars dancing in our heads!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:01 AM   #17
where's_my_prince
DIS Veteran

yeah another duffy fan!!! the way your son loves his duffy warms my heart

where's_my_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

Oh, my thread seems to have been moved?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #19
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amommy21 View Post
Oh, my thread seems to have been moved?
Yes. It's a trip report so it has to go in the Trip Report section of the DL forum. Only the planning-related threads stay in the main DL forum. Many other thread topics get split up into the different sub-forums.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #20
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

I LOVE your son and his Duffy together...adorable!
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: