Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #121
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Hi Readers! Thanks for hanging in there and being patient with me!

I'm crazy - it's 1:18am and I'm jumping in to my update! It's gotta get done sometime, and apparently, I just work better at night.

So, it has come.
Our last day.

We were up at 7:00 and out the door by 8:00, after doing some last minute packing stuff. First we checked out, then returned the movie we rented, gave our bags to bell services, and did our resort airline check-in.

Here are some quick pics we took before heading out - we each had our new stuffed animals! (Yes, I'm a grown-up....)

And some last pics of our view outside our room that morning:

Our first stop after leaving Jambo that morning was the Poly! We were going to have breakfast with my former student Lindsey (who we briefly saw the other day). But I feel like such a loser - no pics with Lindsey! What the heck! I feel like a total dufus! Sorry Lindsey!

Anyway, we were meeting up with her to have breakfast at Capt. Cook's over at the Poly, so that we could head over to MK right after. I believe Megan got the famous Tonga Toast. (I had some on a previous trip and found it to be a little too sweet, so I got my usual Mickey waffle.)

Lindsey told us some cool info about the costumes at WDW. (If you recall from the other update, she was doing the college program and working in the costume dept.) Did you all know that the bell hop costumes at ToT are actually real vintage pieces from the era? And very expensive!

After a nice breakfast, we all headed to MK (Lindsey was headed there too to meet a friend.) Here's a lovely view of the Grand Floridian after getting off the monorail....

I can't remember exactly where Megan and Andi went when we first got in the park, but I know that Megan snapped some pics...

I headed over to Splash Mountain and happily saw there was no wait! So I waited for them to catch up with me and it was Splash Mountain time, baby! Oh yea! And my last time on it lap bar-free. (As I hear that the lap bars are all installed now....)

Of course, I got wet - I was especially not happy about getting wet on my head. Enough to soak the front part of my hair and make it lay funny the rest of the time at MK. :-/

After Splash, we headed to BTMRR. There was only a ten minute wait and we thought it would be a good way to get dried off.

It was a short morning, and we knew we had to stay focused and do specific things with the time we had.

Our next stop - Jungle Cruise!

Anyone who thinks Jungle Cruise is lame because of the cheesy fake animals is totally missing the point. It might have been about the plastic critters YEARS ago. Now, it's all about the delivery of the jokes and comic timing of the CM boat driver.

And our CM was freakin' fabulous! His name was Devin and we think we saw on his name tag that he was from Northern Illinois University. He was just awesome!

After Jungle Cruise, we had to use up some snack credits - so it was off to get Dole Whip Floats!!!! mmmmmmmmm..........

Andi and I got Dole Whip pineapple floats and Megan got a root beer float.

So, while we're there at the Dole Whip stand, I happen to see three women walking along in our direction - and I immediately knew that they were us many years from now - down to the matching shirts and all!

(Megan got the shot and used her artistic skills to add detail...)

LOVE IT! We are so going to be them one day!!!! Whoever these ladies are, we love you guys! :-)

While in Adventureland, we got some more pics....

continued......

Last edited by JenSop; 03-03-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #122
JenSop
DIS Veteran

....continued....

There was no time to spare and we headed from Adventureland over to Fantasyland. We wanted to see Philharmagic!

Some pics from along the way....

After Philharmagic, we took the long way around the castle and headed back to Main Street.

And it was also time to get lots of Photopass pics!

We basically decided to stop at SEVERAL of the photopass CM's along Main Street, as most were just standing there. We also ducked into the shops along the way, as we had some last minute stuff we needed to pick up. I got an adorable pink Mickey tote bag!

And more Photopass!

Then at the bottom of Main Street, we got some more shots ourselves just before the parade was starting....

Alas, there was no more time to spare. We had to head back to Jambo to get our un-Magical Express back to the airport.

We headed out and JUST caught the bus out of MK in time - actually, we had to run - but we made it!

After picking up our carry-on bags at bell services, we headed to the rest rooms to get changed.

Here we are with our sad faces waiting to leave Jambo House....

UGH!!!!! Get this - Photobucket is doing a site maintenance update! Right this very second! So I can't post any pictures..... I might have to keep this TR hanging a little bit longer!

I'll do the finished update tomorrow (er, today, since it's already after 2am...)

And... I'm back! (At a reasonable hour!) Didn't want to have to put Andi's sad picture all by herself in a new post....

Last edited by JenSop; 03-03-2011 at 11:31 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #123
JenSop
DIS Veteran

....continued....

So before long, we were back at the airport. Our flight was slightly delayed, but we still got back to Philly airport a little earlier than scheduled. My mom picked us up and we were headed back home.

And now I sit here counting down to our next trip. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we will be driving down just like 2009. (Shoot me now.) The plan is now to leave the evening of Friday, June 17th and arrive the afternoon of Saturday, June 18th. I was originally looking for off-site accommodations that first night before we check into Old Key West on Sunday, but now I'm holding out for AP rates to see if we can try out one night at another on-site property. Here's hoping!

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed the TR. I'll definitely be writing one for this June's trip and I'll have even more pictures! My new idea is to do short video segments to post on my travel agent FB page to give helpful tips and such for people going to Disney! I hope the idea works out well!

Thanks again everyone!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #124
Beka
Goes to 11

Great TR! Sad it's over though but looking forward to the next one! With us having a little one on the way, we're gonna wait a little while before we head back. Of course, since Conner got his 1st haircut at WDW, Declan will have to get his 1st haircut there too. Right? Right. All in the name of fairness.

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 03-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #125
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
Great TR! Sad it's over though but looking forward to the next one! With us having a little one on the way, we're gonna wait a little while before we head back. Of course, since Conner got his 1st haircut at WDW, Declan will have to get his 1st haircut there too. Right? Right. All in the name of fairness.

Thanks again for reading along! And of COURSE you must be fair and get his first haircut in WDW too!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #126
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Loved your TR - sad to hear it was your last day

Love the stuffed animals and the animal pics before leaving Jambo! How cool to find that out about the bell hop costumes at ToT!

It's great that you got to spend some time at MK before leaving and ride two of the three mountains! And that dole whip sure looks yummy

Wow on seeing yourselves at MK in 40 years time!! Love all the photopass pictures and boohoo on it being time to go.

Have loved your TR and look forward to hearing about your June trip at Disney World! May give me some pointers for our trip in September. Fingers crossed that you get an additional night onsite
Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #127
MEK
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed your TR and I am sorry to see it end. Looking forward to the June TR. Are you staying OKW the whole time? I have not stayed there yet, but I really want to try it.

Thanks again for the fun read!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #128
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wait? what's this about lap bars on splash mountain?????

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 03-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #129
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Loved your TR - sad to hear it was your last day

Love the stuffed animals and the animal pics before leaving Jambo! How cool to find that out about the bell hop costumes at ToT!

It's great that you got to spend some time at MK before leaving and ride two of the three mountains! And that dole whip sure looks yummy

Wow on seeing yourselves at MK in 40 years time!! Love all the photopass pictures and boohoo on it being time to go.

Have loved your TR and look forward to hearing about your June trip at Disney World! May give me some pointers for our trip in September. Fingers crossed that you get an additional night onsite
Thanks for reading along!!! I have to say I am REALLY feeling my Disney withdrawal right now. I Dole Whip would be heavenly right about now!

Keep your fingers crossed that we can get an AP rate for the extra night in June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I really enjoyed your TR and I am sorry to see it end. Looking forward to the June TR. Are you staying OKW the whole time? I have not stayed there yet, but I really want to try it.

Thanks again for the fun read!

It'll be our first stay at OKW. We've eaten at Olivia's twice, but never actually stayed at the resort. We'll be there Sunday through Friday. Still up in the air as to where we'll stay on that first Saturday night. I'm hoping for a really good AP rate to come out so we can stay on site, but there's still a chance we'll just stay somewhere off-site if need be. (Although I REALLY don't want to stay off-site!)

Thanks for reading along with my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wait? what's this about lap bars on splash mountain?????
Yeah - during the winter refurb they added lap bars to Splash Mountain. Some love it, some hate it. I see the lap bars as unnecessary, but apparantly there were a LOT of people getting out of the boats during the ride. (People are really stupid sometimes....) All it takes is a few idiots to ruin it for the rest of us....
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #130
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I have to say, I find it awesome that you ladies took your stuffed animals with you into the park. You're never too old for that!

The last day is always so sad....
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #131
Sparkles2613
EngagedinDisneyLand

And because you showed me the wonder on the Poly I will be there in 245 days ... i'm not counting at all

** 12/05 - 1st Disney Trip; New Years ** 05/07 - Disney Land; Perfect Proposal ** 10/08 Yacht Club Wedding, Disneymoon ** 02/09 ESPN The Weekend SSSR ** 10/09 AKV 1st Anniversary ** 03/10 VBR Family Vaca ** 10/10 GIRLS AKV Trip! ** 09/11 SSSR BabyMoon ** 10/12 Land & Sea - Disney Cruise Through Hurricane Sandy /BLT **02/13 Disney's HHR ** 08/13 Labor Day Weekend Disneyland California ** 03/14 DLRP Sequoia Lodge

Old 03-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #132
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I have to say, I find it awesome that you ladies took your stuffed animals with you into the park. You're never too old for that!

The last day is always so sad....

Well, we didn't actually take them into the park. They all went in our respective carry-on bags and were left with bell services. But I'm SO not above taking one into the park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles2613 View Post
And because you showed me the wonder on the Poly I will be there in 245 days ... i'm not counting at all
I am also on countdown mode! 114 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come ON June!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #133
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Dude! Now the Disney site is telling me 107 days! Even better! I'll take it!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:16 AM   #134
Snow_Princess
Earning My Ears

You finally updated! I really liked your TR, thanks for sharing it with us!

The last day is always so sad, luckily you have your next trip already on the works, I will definitely be reading you TR for that one as well!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #135
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Princess View Post
You finally updated! I really liked your TR, thanks for sharing it with us!

The last day is always so sad, luckily you have your next trip already on the works, I will definitely be reading you TR for that one as well!
Thanks so much for reading! Yes - planning the next trip always makes it a little easier - but it feels like June is forever away!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: