Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #91
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

on booking the June trip! Love the new dress.

How cool getting to meet your former student and finding out all that info...she must love her job!

Am looking forward to the F&W festival when we visit.

Looks like you had another enjoyable experience at Le Cellier and - you got extra drinks for free...definitely could not let them go to waste!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #92
MEK
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your add on contract. I can't wait to buy an add on, but we just had our kitchen remodeled, so we have to wait. That's OK though because my new kitchen is fabulous and I have get to see that every day.

Congrats on the June trip. driving - boo! I have never done it. But someday I hope to when we are not pressed for time. Usually my trips are get there....stay 5 nights.....get back. In and out!

Your dress is very pretty and you guys look great with your wings. I love Le Cellier. The filet is amazing. Those martinis look so yummy and so do the slushies. I have to go during F&W to get one of those slushies!

And - yes - playing the flute is cool. I quit for a few years, but play regularly now. I really enjoy it and wish I had never stopped. I play at church and weddings and memorial services. Basically I'll play wherever and whenever I get asked. And it certainly doesn't hurt when I get paid for it! When I first started playing in public I was really surprised how many people really liked it. I think its because they hear piano and organ and vocals all the time, so to them the flute is a treat.

Very cool that you teach voice. I would love to take vocal lessons again. I think there is so much out there to learn.

Anyway - great update! Looking forward to more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #93
shelby101301
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your report!

Me(43)DH(39) DS(10) DD(8) DS (5)

Old 01-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #94
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
on booking the June trip! Love the new dress.

How cool getting to meet your former student and finding out all that info...she must love her job!

Am looking forward to the F&W festival when we visit.

Looks like you had another enjoyable experience at Le Cellier and - you got extra drinks for free...definitely could not let them go to waste!
Yeah, my former student was already a Disney addict, so it was awesome for her to be able to spend a semester working there. Now that she's back to the "real world" of being a college student, I've noticed her facebook status talking about getting down to Disney again! I just thought it was so cool that she was working on my favorite parade!

And I was definitely not complaining about the free extra drink - no sir-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Congrats on your add on contract. I can't wait to buy an add on, but we just had our kitchen remodeled, so we have to wait. That's OK though because my new kitchen is fabulous and I have get to see that every day.

Congrats on the June trip. driving - boo! I have never done it. But someday I hope to when we are not pressed for time. Usually my trips are get there....stay 5 nights.....get back. In and out!

Your dress is very pretty and you guys look great with your wings. I love Le Cellier. The filet is amazing. Those martinis look so yummy and so do the slushies. I have to go during F&W to get one of those slushies!

And - yes - playing the flute is cool. I quit for a few years, but play regularly now. I really enjoy it and wish I had never stopped. I play at church and weddings and memorial services. Basically I'll play wherever and whenever I get asked. And it certainly doesn't hurt when I get paid for it! When I first started playing in public I was really surprised how many people really liked it. I think its because they hear piano and organ and vocals all the time, so to them the flute is a treat.

Very cool that you teach voice. I would love to take vocal lessons again. I think there is so much out there to learn.

Anyway - great update! Looking forward to more!

Thanks! We've been planning this add on for awhile in preparation for the big 2012 trip. It'll be here before I know it! And after this trip, I really would recommend everyone going during F&W - just a fabulous experience!

Sigh - perhaps I should get my flute out again - it's been SO long! But the good thing about starting an instrument at a young age - you never forget how to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby101301 View Post
Enjoying your report!

Thanks so much!!! Glad to have you along!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #95
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post

Sigh - perhaps I should get my flute out again - it's been SO long! But the good thing about starting an instrument at a young age - you never forget how to play!

Exactly! Everything I know how to do on the flute I learned before I was 18. Once you lay down the pathways, they are always there. I stopped playing for a really long time (I don't even want to say how long) and I was completely shocked at how I picked it back up. It took time to get to my current comfort level, but I am playing things I never thought I would play again. The amazing thing is now I have a certain maturity and discipline that I didn't have as a teenager. That makes me practice the same tough parts over and over again until I am completely confident.

Think about it. There are plenty of flute teachers out there and with your love of classical music and your diaphragm control from singing you might really enjoy it. I have always loved classical music, so I love to play it. I especially love when I get accompanied by, or get to play with, musicians who can "really" play. It just pulls me right up another notch. It can only make you more marketable as a vocalist because you have that extra something you can offer for weddings and other events.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #96
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Mmmm, adult beverages at F&W! Can't get any better than that!

The Cosmo slushies look really good, and so did the other drinks at Le Cellier.

About your comment regarding Sleeping Beauty Castle, it is absolutely right that it was built as a "preview" so to say, which is why there was a walkthrough. Disneyland opened in 1955, but Sleeping Beauty didn't come out until 1959. Yup, I'm a plethora of useless knowledge....
Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #97
redlight
DIS Veteran

I love your dress! Where did you get it! Score on the "free" drinks.

Amy
Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #98
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Exactly! Everything I know how to do on the flute I learned before I was 18. Once you lay down the pathways, they are always there. I stopped playing for a really long time (I don't even want to say how long) and I was completely shocked at how I picked it back up. It took time to get to my current comfort level, but I am playing things I never thought I would play again. The amazing thing is now I have a certain maturity and discipline that I didn't have as a teenager. That makes me practice the same tough parts over and over again until I am completely confident.

Think about it. There are plenty of flute teachers out there and with your love of classical music and your diaphragm control from singing you might really enjoy it. I have always loved classical music, so I love to play it. I especially love when I get accompanied by, or get to play with, musicians who can "really" play. It just pulls me right up another notch. It can only make you more marketable as a vocalist because you have that extra something you can offer for weddings and other events.
I think I will definitely get my flute out again! But I have to say, my next musical goal is to learn to play the ukulele. Kind of random, I know, but I think it has such a Happy sound to it. And I have short fingers, so this could be a good substitute for learning to play guitar - I always wanted to do that, but I have trouble making some of the chords with my puny fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Mmmm, adult beverages at F&W! Can't get any better than that!

The Cosmo slushies look really good, and so did the other drinks at Le Cellier.

About your comment regarding Sleeping Beauty Castle, it is absolutely right that it was built as a "preview" so to say, which is why there was a walkthrough. Disneyland opened in 1955, but Sleeping Beauty didn't come out until 1959. Yup, I'm a plethora of useless knowledge....
Disney knowledge is NEVER useless knowledge!!

Adult beverages and Disney just pretty much go hand in hand for me now that I'm "grown-up". Adds a whole new level of relaxation and fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
I love your dress! Where did you get it! Score on the "free" drinks.
Thanks on the dress! I saw it on our Animal Kingdom day at that stand in Asia near Yak and Yeti.

Haha! I was very glad for my free drink! The error was definitely in our favor!

Last edited by JenSop; 01-28-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #99
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Day Four Continues.....

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to anyone who is still reading! You are wonderful and appreciated!!!
:-)

On my last update, we had just enjoyed a fabulous meal at Le Cellier. Again, I know some people don't think it lives up to the hype, but every visit there has been just awesome for me. Love, love, love!

But, it was time to move on and get out there!

Which meant silly hat pictures!

We first visited some more of Canada....

Yeah, I don't know if you can read what my hat says....

(If you knew how old I really was, you'd get the joke...)

Still in Canada....

We slowly made our way over to the UK Pavilion. Now, bear in mind that I've had three mixed drinks already. And I'm a lightweight. I'm guessing the other girls were feeling it too, but I can only speak for myself.... and I was feeling it....

(ahem, can't you tell?)

Our salute to Guinness.... with genuine Guinness accessories!

(I was kind of going for the Sherlock Holmes look there...)

We wanted Andi to try on the Alice costume, but she wouldn't. So we made her hold it up so it looked sort of like she was wearing it. (Hey, it made sense when we were tipsy! Haha!)

And then I, um, slayed a dragon....

(I was going for the 'tough' princess thing there... but just succeeded in looking like crazy drunk princess....)

And at the very back of the store, we had a great surprise! Tigger and Pooh!!!!

Back outside, we HAD to get a phone booth pic!

...Continued.....
Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #100
JenSop
DIS Veteran

.....Continued......

And outside, we had another great surprise... The British Invasion Band!

Clearly, we were having a bit too much fun in the UK, and it was time to keep moving along.

Our next stop was Morocco.

Of course, we tried on hats....

Some other fun Morocco pics...

As we moved along, I got a great shot of the Illuminations globe sitting at dock...

Then we headed inside Japan for a quick browse and possible photos. But time was of the essence - it was getting dark and we had snacks to eat! And drinks to be had!

We got this shot, and for the life of me I can't figure out why I didn't just have someone else take the shot so that Andi could be in the pic with us. Then we could've been the Three Little Maids! Dude! (Hey, I do ALOT of Gilbert and Sullivan operettas and just did Mikado last year, so this is the dorkiness that ensues....I can hear the music now!)

I got this pic while waiting outside the restroom in Japan....

Before we knew it, we were starting to lose daylight... and we hadn't used any snack credits yet for Food and Wine! It was time to start crackin' on those snack credits! Stop one for food was Japan. In our pre-F&W planning, we had studied the food/menu map to see which countries and snacks/drinks we were all interested in. Andi wanted sushi....

(That was the spicy tuna roll.)

Next, we were on to Germany. Not only did I want the Spaetzle Gratin, but I had two other missions here as well - get a new Germany hat for Daddy and get some Mozart Kügeln. If you didn't read my last TR, Mozart Kügeln are these awesome German chocolates that I enjoyed when I was in Austria last March. And they sell them at Epcot, so I can't go without getting some!

While I went in to look for my goodies, Megan got in line to get the food. She was going to get the sausage in the pretzel roll for herself.

I first went to look for a hat, and had success within a few minutes. Of course, I had to practice some German with the CM at the register! Then I went to where the candy shop had always been in Germany..... and it wasn't there! Somewhere in those two months between trips, they had opened the new Karamell-Küche shop and everything had been moved around. Karamell-Küche was insanely packed, but even peaking in, I saw NO Mozart Kügeln - just Werther's candies. So I had to go back into the clothing shop and ask the CM for help. Luckily, they still sold my precious Mozart Kügeln, but not the variety they had at the old place. I'll have to check on my next trip to see what the current selection is.

Once I got out, Megan had just gotten out of the food line.

Here were our yummy dishes....

Spaetzle Gratin:

And the sausage:

That darn Le Cellier meal had filled us up pretty well, so it wasn't taking much extra food to start to fill us up. We knew we couldn't eat everything on our plates, so we did what we could knowing that there was more food to be had down the line.

Our next stop around World Showcase was China. We were interested in the Green Tea Plum Wine Cooler and I wanted to get the Pepper Shrimp with szechuan noodles.

And you KNOW we had to get some hat pictures...

Next stop - MEXICO!

Andi and I got Passion Fruit Margaritas. They were okay. Not my fave drink of the day. BUT - it matched my dress! Haha!

Ah - Epcot at night....

Continued......
Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #101
JenSop
DIS Veteran

.....continuing.....

So we had pretty much made it all the way around World Showcase. And we were getting really uncomfortably full. Ugh.

But we had all wanted to try the dessert trio at the special dessert stand. It just sounded so good: Chocolate cake, Pear Streusel, and Strawberry Parfait thingy! (The 'thingy' part is my own addition, since I can't remember the name of the exact dessert! I don't want anyone to think that Disney would get that lazy...)

We got our desserts and headed over to find a spot for Illuminations. We picked a spot right at the front of World Showcase where a whole bunch of other people had taken a seat on the concrete.

Here's a pic of the dessert trio:

At this point, I knew that I needed to find a restroom after all those drinks. So I foolishly went to the one near the entrance to WS - you know, the one before you get to Canada. What was I thinking?! This bathroom has TWO stalls. Just two. So the line was pretty bad. But at this point, I thought it would take too long to walk to another. So I waited. And waited.

Finally I made it back to our spot on the ground and basically had ONE bit of each dessert because I was so super full. Ugh. Uncomfortably full.

Then, a little before 9pm, some CM's came over to the gate in front of us and announced that anyone entering that area would have to SIT - no standing. We were a bit confused, as we had no idea what she was talking about. But then they opened the gates, and everyone started walking onto the platform area really quickly. So we did the same! We were right next to the bars overlooking the water! Great spot! The only down-side is that there are bars in the pictures....

I absolutely LOVE Illuminations!!! I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more! The music for this show is SO great!!! (If you haven't figured out so far, music is an integral part of every show for me. haha!)

I love that so much of Illuminations is an orchestral score and I love the chorus at the end!

Here are some Illuminations pics!

And remember how Andi and Megan were in love with Fantasmic and I was just kinda "meh" about it? Megan snapped this pic - the roles totally reversed!

Clearly I am having a grand time watching Illuminations! And Andi's kind of "meh."

After Illuminations, we started to move our tired bodies to the front of the park. But we got a few pics on our way out at the last gift shop...

We headed back to AKV. At our gift shop, we took advantage of our free DVD rental (yay DVC!) and headed up to our room. Megan and I wanted to enjoy the pool one last time, so we headed down for some hot tub and pool time. There were a few people in the hot tub, but we had the pool to ourselves. Before long, though, it started to get a bit chilly. (SO not something I'm used to on my summer trips!)

We headed back to the room and started to pack, while watching "Up". (Our rental.) Fortunately, Andi can sleep through anything, so she was konked out while we packed. Of course, I was the last one ready for bed. It was going to be another early morning!

Up next - our last day!!!! What Disney magic was left in store for us?!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #102
Sooze
DIS Veteran

I LOVE this update! To me, this epitomizes EVERYTHING about an all-girls' trip: Food, fun, drinks, fun, laughter, fun, craziness, drinks, food, fun, food!! LOVE IT!!

Gift shop pictures are the best. I really need to do more of those. My favorite is you as a princess slaying the dragon. Awesome!

You KNOW I'm completely on your side about Illuminations. That sound track pierces my core!! Fantasmic definitely has that "Disney" magic with the characters, special water effects, story line, etc. Wishes has the familiar music and character voices. But Illuminations is pure ART... music, concept, story line.. and just think a lot of people don't get it. But I'm still sticking to it... I will be a ball of tears the day they decide to change the Epcot night show, for sure! (Oh.. and the picture of you watching Illuminations is PERFECT!! It soooo captures what you are feeling!)

Good times... thanks for sharing!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #103
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post

I must say that you girls totally know how to rock those hats, but this is my favorite because it would be the perfect prize for the game I found here:

http://partythroughtheparks.squaresp...-showcase.html

I think we may try this in May when the East meet West girls hit the world. As you can see by the score card, I think all of you would have racked up some serious points!

I have watched Illuminations from the same spot and I agree that the views are great but the bars are distracting.

What a fun and full day you had in Epcot!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #104
MEK
DIS Veteran

BTW - I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed that pic for my TR because I had just finished posting about drinking around the world, complete with a beer mug hat. I thought those glasses would accompany the whole ensemble nicely!

Old 02-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #105
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow you sure managed to get a lot done in World Showcase...love all the pics! on getting through all the snacks and drinks you wanted to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: