Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2010, 01:06 AM   #31
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Mnsshp!!!!!

It's time!!! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

I was starting to get really excited for MNSSHP, especially now that we were in our awesome costumes! And headed to MK!!!

We got to MK and started to get great reactions to our costumes right away! We were hoping it was a sign of things to come.....

When we arrived, it wasn't going to be long before the parade. So we got some spots at the bottom end of Main Street facing the castle - on the little island there in the middle.

We took some pictures of ourselves in costume....

.......and before long, it was time for the parade!

Let me say that the parade was REALLY cool. MY only little gripe would be the repetitiveness of the music. Perhaps a bit more of a bridge section, or an alternate theme?

(Dude, I can totally see how Megan will be reacting to me saying that....

......but, hey, music is important to me!)

Anyway, it was still WAY fun. I'm just being picky.

Here's a bunch of pics from the parade. (Some may be out of order.)

We were a BIG hit with the CM's playing Peter Pan characters!!! Peter Pan ran right up to us and let out a big yell. Megan tried to get a picture really quick, but was only successful at getting a shot of his armpit. Oh well.

Tigerlily and her father.....

After the parade, we started walking up Main Street.....

.....then decided to go Trick or Treating!

Yes, we are adults. Yes, we went Trick or Treating.

(But we're only adults legally on paper. Everyone's a kid at Disney!)

We got a little bit of candy, (although Megan said it was set up a bit different than when she had done MNSSHP previously.) But I hadn't been back to the Toon Town area since I was kid myself, so it was kind of cool to see it!

Before long, it was time to watch Hallowishes fireworks!

The castle really turned some AWESOME colors during the display!!!

continued.......
Old 12-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #32
JenSop
DIS Veteran

.....continuing.....

During this whole time, we got some great photopass shots too!

And did a quick character meet and greet.....

After Hallowishes, we decided to head over to Pirates! I LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean. This has been a fave since I was a little girl!

There was no wait and we walked right on!

After that, we were off to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I also LOVE BTMR!!! (I'll try to not get too redundant with the MK ride Love, but I make no promises.) This ride was my very first roller coaster ever. I believe it was Megan who had not ridden this ride before? Or was it Andi? Help me out ladies! Anyway, there was NO ONE here! We only had to wait through one car (and that's because I insisted on the back car). We even got to ride again without even getting out of the train! Oh yeah!

Although I will say that it was a little tricky to ride rides, with a wing contraption on my back. I had to sit leaning a little forward so it didn't push into my back weird.

After BTMR, we were off to Haunted Mansion. First, some Photopass fun!

The opera lady was out in the grave yard in front of the house...

I always like to tell the story of the first time I rode HM. I was SO scared! Especially of the hitchhiking ghosts at the end! I really thought they were going to follow me home! I left tiny little nail marks in my Daddy's arm on that first ride!

Such an awesome ride!!!!

We had a little time before the second showing of Villians, so I needed one thing. One thing that I had waited for for months. Must have it.....

..... a Dole Whip!

Mmmmmmmmm........ Dole Whip float......*drooling*........

We DID have a mission in MK tonight.... we HAD to get our picture taken with a Peter Pan character. We had REALLY hoped for Peter, but we found out he wasn't in the park for pictures that night. BUT, Captain Hook would be around after the Villians shows for pictures! Oh yeah, we were all over that.

After the show, we made a beeline to Hook's line.

And we did it! We got our pic with Hook. And so did everyone else waiting in line! We are in dozens of people's family photos now!

Just indulge us for a moment and check out how awesome we rocked this look!

After that, we got in Cruella Deville's line. What an AWESOME character actress this woman was!!!! LOVE her!!!

Okay, dear readers, I am going to take a brief break to go watch the lunar eclipse!!!! But I'm posting this 'cause I'm too lazy to save it!!

Last edited by JenSop; 12-21-2010 at 01:43 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2010, 01:40 AM   #33
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Okay, so as much as I'm really into space and astronomy, I am not a scientist. It's going to take awhile for this baby to go totally dark, (I didn't realize how long. Duh. I really do know better - just not when I'm this tired) and I won't be back for the rest of the update afterwards tonight. I think I'll finish getting ready for bed, then see how long I can last watching nature's awesome show.

I promise I'll work on finishing up Day One this week!!!

FYI - for those of you in the Philly and Allentown areas, you can hear me sing with my group Olde Towne Carolers twice in the next week! We'll be singing on the radio - 98.1 WOGL on Thursday morning between 7:30am and 8:40am. We'll sing about 4 or 5 songs spread out throughout that time frame.

Then we'll be featured on the Music Monday segment on the Channel 69 morning news next Monday, the 27th. We'll be on somewhere between 8:30am and 9am!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #34
redlight
DIS Veteran

Awesome. The costumes look great and figure flattering. How comfortable were they?

You are right - Everybody's a kid at Disney.

Amy
Old 12-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #35
jpmandan
DIS Veteran

No more Dole Whip float pictures, now I have to go see if we have any Pineapple in the house. I like the costumes.

Our WDW trips 2002,2003,2006,2007,2008,2009,2011
Old 12-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #36
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Your photopass pictures were all awesome! I was cracking up at your scared ones at HM. Such good actresses!

I have only gone to MNSSHP once, but didn't stay for Hallowishes. I've heard that it's great.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #37
pookersmom
Mouseketeer

LOVE your costumes! You girls all looked awesome.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #38
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
Awesome. The costumes look great and figure flattering. How comfortable were they?

You are right - Everybody's a kid at Disney.
Thanks! Mine was pretty comfortable, although I had to walk around really straight because of my wing contraption, which started to get a bit uncomfortable after awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmandan View Post
No more Dole Whip float pictures, now I have to go see if we have any Pineapple in the house. I like the costumes.
Well, there will be more Dole Whip pictures coming, but not until later in the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Your photopass pictures were all awesome! I was cracking up at your scared ones at HM. Such good actresses!

I have only gone to MNSSHP once, but didn't stay for Hallowishes. I've heard that it's great.
Haha! Thanks! The special photopass pics were really fun to do! Although we need to work on mixing up the expressions - our 'scared' faces are the same in each pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookersmom View Post
LOVE your costumes! You girls all looked awesome.
Thanks so much! We really enjoyed the great reactions from everyone while we were walking around the park that night!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #39
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Day One Conclusion!

After our Villians encounters and awesome pics, we decided to head over to Space Mountain. It was getting near the end of the park being open, so we figured the line couldn't be too long.

Yeah, we were wrong. I think the wait was posted at about 15 minutes or so? It was more like a half hour. I could tell things were not going to be quick when I saw how far back the line went in the tunnel. But we wanted to do Space Mountain, so we stuck it out.

I thought I'd snap a pic of the queue art...

And we snapped a pic of our ride photo...

Again, very tricky to ride a roller coaster with wings on your back. Oh, and I forgot to mention - my wings had twinkle lights in them! So cool. But I had to have Megan turn my wings off and on when we went on rides where it would have been a distraction.

After an awesome ride through Space Mountain, it was time to call it a night. We were tired!

I got a few pictures on the way out....

When we got back to our room, Megan and Andi passed out. But I decided I wanted to do my shower tonight instead of in the morning.

Our LONG day was finally at an end - but what a great day it was!

Next up - Rope drop at Animal Kingdom! And a good AK day it was!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #40
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas dear readers! May you have a wonderful night tonight and a beautiful day tomorrow!

More updates coming next week!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #41
Beka
Goes to 11

Joining in! DH & I were there Oct 7-14 I had started a TR while we were there, but when I realized it was going to be a report about my morning sickness, I decided to spare the Dis )

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #42
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
Joining in! DH & I were there Oct 7-14 I had started a TR while we were there, but when I realized it was going to be a report about my morning sickness, I decided to spare the Dis )
Hi and welcome to my TR!!! So sorry to hear about your morning sickness at Disney! I hope you were still able to have a good trip!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #43
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Day Two! Multiple Park Madness!

Day Two! Multiple Park Madness!

It wasn't long before it was time to get up for our next day of Disney! We were up at 7am to get ready. I had to handle a client call, as their deposit was due that day, so that ate up a bit of time.

I believe Megan snapped this shot outside our room in the morning...

But we got to Animal Kingdom around ten minutes to 9:00am. We were a bit confused, as it seemed that Rope Drop had already happened. ?????? I knew it wasn't an EMH morning. What was going on?

We figured they did it early??? So we stuck with our plan - we headed to the Safari. Only there was quite a bit of a wait for first thing in the morning. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't super long or anything - just kind of long for that time of day.

But our wait was WELL rewarded. (With what I can only believe was much discontent for the people who were waiting to get on several minutes after us.) When we got to the open savannah area, our vehicle was held up for quite some time by momma giraffe and her young one. And they were happy to just take their time and NOT get out of our way. And we were cool with that!

All the safari vehicles were getting completely backed up behind us. After a few minutes, the giraffes moved and we got by, BUT they then blocked the vehicle behind us. D'oh!

We also got a great view of the rhino family...

After our safari voyage, I did the Fast Pass run to Expedition Everest and met the girls back in Pangani Trail. Maybe, just maybe, we would see the baby gorilla on this trip! Oh, I wanted to see her so badly!

Megan got a shot of one of the gorillas playing with a blanket...

But no luck - the baby was nowhere to be seen. :-(

After coming out of Pangani, we decided to head out to Rafiki's, since we were right there. I was excited to see if there would be any other Vet visits like on my summer trip.

And we were certainly in luck on that front!

There was a rat getting surgery to have a growth removed from its back!

See the bump right behind it's head - on the top of it's neck?

There's the little guy in surgery...

Here are some of the residents of Rafiki's - on the path to get to the main building...

We spent a good bit of time at Rafiki's. I finished watching the surgery, while the girls went out to the petting zoo. And we learned all kinds of interesting animal facts! CM Patrick let us know that all elephants have their own unique voices - just like humans! And did you know that tarantula venom is sometimes used in heart attack victims to keep their hearts beating until they can get more help? How cool is that?!

The elusive Jiminy Cricket was there and we totally got our pictures taken with him! "When You Wish Upon a Star" is my all-time favorite Disney song ever! Ever!

And here are some shots from the petting zoo....

After leaving Rafiki's, we decided to head over to Asia - but not without a few pictures (or more!) along the way...

And I have to say, the Photopass CM's were fabulous on this trip. Maybe there's something about a group of friends traveling together? Maybe a group of girls traveling together? Who knows, but we certainly got a TON of shots!

It all started with Ron from Brooklyn (at least we think that's what we read on his name tag....) He was taking pictures near the spot not far from Africa - in the tree covered area - where you get the good view of the Tree of Life. He took so many pictures of us!

continued...
Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #44
JenSop
DIS Veteran

....continuing....

When we got to Asia, we decided to ride Kali River Rapids. However, Andi decided to sit this one out. I was wearing my "okay to get wet" outfit, so I was all set to go!

We put Andi on picture duty to get a shot of us in our raft.

We didn't get too wet. Can't say the same for all the people on our raft. The one guy seemed to get the brunt of it at every turn.

After Kali, we went through the Maharajah Trail....

Check out the awesome tiger shot!

Then we were on to Expedition Everest. I can't say it enough - I love this ride!!! LOVE IT!!!! And of course, we had to ride it from the back two cars!

After that, I had a special request....

Could we please go back to Pangani to see if the baby gorilla was out?

The girls were cool with it, so we were headed back to Pangani!

Were we going to get to see the baby???? And who would we see at Camp Minnie Mickey???

You'll have to wait for my next update to find out!!! (I need to go get some sleep! )

Until next time!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #45
redlight
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of the the three of you together & the one with the gorilla and the blanket!

Amy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: