Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #136
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR today and read through the whole thing, I loved it! I'm so sad it's over already! I'll be going the same time this October, 9/30-10-8, so I'll be there for the opening weekend of Food and Wine! Any advice? I'm already planning on avoiding Epcot that Saturday, but I have to go to Epcot on Friday when we arrive!

Congrats on your June trip! I alway say I'd like to drive, but the thought of losing almost 4 days just to drive (I live in CT, so we would have to drive, stop for a night, and then drive some more ) when you can just fly and be there in less than 3 hours is too much to think about!

Oh, and I love Illuminations and am not really all that impressed by Fantasmic! It's ok, but I've only seen it once, in 2008, and have never made any attempt to see it again since, so I guess I don't like it that much!

Anyway, loved the TR!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #137
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I just found your TR today and read through the whole thing, I loved it! I'm so sad it's over already! I'll be going the same time this October, 9/30-10-8, so I'll be there for the opening weekend of Food and Wine! Any advice? I'm already planning on avoiding Epcot that Saturday, but I have to go to Epcot on Friday when we arrive!

Congrats on your June trip! I alway say I'd like to drive, but the thought of losing almost 4 days just to drive (I live in CT, so we would have to drive, stop for a night, and then drive some more ) when you can just fly and be there in less than 3 hours is too much to think about!

Oh, and I love Illuminations and am not really all that impressed by Fantasmic! It's ok, but I've only seen it once, in 2008, and have never made any attempt to see it again since, so I guess I don't like it that much!

Anyway, loved the TR!
Thanks so much for reading!

It sounds like we have some common interests in evening Disney entertainment!

As far as advice for F&W - just know that it'll be crowded. The locals will be out on the weekend and especially the evenings on the weekend. Try to do F&W during the week.

And trust me, I don't go into the driving decision lightly. Ugh. I SO don't want to drive. But flights for then have gone up SO much. At this point, we'd be spending $650 -$700 to fly, and only around $300 to drive. (And I especially want to fly as I got that Silver Status on USAirways until next February, then it's gone!) *sigh*

Thanks again so much for reading my TR!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #138
Sooze
DIS Veteran

I'm still very jealous of this girls-only trip! So glad you got to enjoy time with your friends. You have the BEST pictures... they really capture the fun you were having!

How long are you guys staying in June? We will be arriving early Sunday morning (after an all-night drive) June 26.

Thanks for a wonderful report!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 03-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #139
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
I'm still very jealous of this girls-only trip! So glad you got to enjoy time with your friends. You have the BEST pictures... they really capture the fun you were having!

How long are you guys staying in June? We will be arriving early Sunday morning (after an all-night drive) June 26.

Thanks for a wonderful report!

Speaking of pictures, I was over at my parents' house tonight digging through old boxes of pics and found some hard core old school Disney pics - from my first two trips when I was 8 and 9! I can't wait to get them scanned into the computer!

Last edited by JenSop; 05-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #140
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Jen, I love your TRs more than anyone else's I've read so far! Can't wait for the next one! I have to live vicariously through TRs until I get back to my happy place! :D
Old 03-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #141
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Jen, I love your TRs more than anyone else's I've read so far! Can't wait for the next one! I have to live vicariously through TRs until I get back to my happy place! :D
Aw, shucks! Thanks so much! So glad to have you as a reader!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #142
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Wow - I am SO missing WDW right now!

Just seeing pics from my own TR are making me SO impatient for June's trip!!!! We leave in 96 days. I know it'll be here soon enough, but I'm chompin' at the bit for it to be here now! Just feels like a really long winter, I guess.

Over the weekend, I found some old Disney pics from the 80's and posted them. I started a thread here on the DIS, but the threads fell further down. Also put some up on my blog. Just go to jensop.wordpress.com! (I don't want to get in trouble by posting a link!)
Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #143
eeyoremagic
Earning My Ears

Hi Jen,

I just found your first TR today and spent the bulk of my day reading all three of your TRs. You had me hooked with your self description as my DD15 is wanting to major in music performance and/or education. She takes private voice and piano and is very involved in music (Madrigals/Vocal Jazz/theater) in school. We are also "Disney Dorks" and her perfect dream job would be something that marries Disney and performing. We have been DVC members since 2008 (SSR) but have recently fallen love with AKV. I have been known to choke up for no apparent reason during Spectromagic and Wishes.

I have really enjoyed my day with you and can't wait for your next TR. I have only recently re-discovered the dis board and registered tonight so I could type this message to you. I can't wait for DD to read through your posts - she has a play this weekend and got home late from practice and so I just told her about you and had her listen to a clip of one of the songs from your holiday cd. She was just as impressed as I am. You remind me very much of her voice coach who was an opera major (and is a Disney lover.)

I have lots of comments in my head from all your posts but I will try to limit myself.

We drive 17 hours every year with myself, DH, DD15 and DD10 from IL. It can be done & it will get better. We always drive 10-11 hours first day and then get a good night's sleep so we arrive well rested and ready to go.

I would start your trip at Universal not end it there - keeps the anticipation of Disney coming. My family would not survive leaving to Disney to go there, but we have done the reverse with much success.

Our next trip to AKV is in 34 days and we already have our ADR and I am very glad to say we were already planning on O'hana because now I can't WAIT to see Poly in person! And I sure hope they have plenty of pineapples when I arrive.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #144
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoremagic View Post
Hi Jen,

I just found your first TR today and spent the bulk of my day reading all three of your TRs. You had me hooked with your self description as my DD15 is wanting to major in music performance and/or education. She takes private voice and piano and is very involved in music (Madrigals/Vocal Jazz/theater) in school. We are also "Disney Dorks" and her perfect dream job would be something that marries Disney and performing. We have been DVC members since 2008 (SSR) but have recently fallen love with AKV. I have been known to choke up for no apparent reason during Spectromagic and Wishes.

I have really enjoyed my day with you and can't wait for your next TR. I have only recently re-discovered the dis board and registered tonight so I could type this message to you. I can't wait for DD to read through your posts - she has a play this weekend and got home late from practice and so I just told her about you and had her listen to a clip of one of the songs from your holiday cd. She was just as impressed as I am. You remind me very much of her voice coach who was an opera major (and is a Disney lover.)

I have lots of comments in my head from all your posts but I will try to limit myself.

We drive 17 hours every year with myself, DH, DD15 and DD10 from IL. It can be done & it will get better. We always drive 10-11 hours first day and then get a good night's sleep so we arrive well rested and ready to go.

I would start your trip at Universal not end it there - keeps the anticipation of Disney coming. My family would not survive leaving to Disney to go there, but we have done the reverse with much success.

Our next trip to AKV is in 34 days and we already have our ADR and I am very glad to say we were already planning on O'hana because now I can't WAIT to see Poly in person! And I sure hope they have plenty of pineapples when I arrive.
I am SO glad to have you as a reader of my TR's!!!

And I really appreciate the kinds words today (singing and TR'ing). After working a LONG and busy retail shift today, it's a welcome bright spot!

I am super jealous that your trip is only 34 days away!!! I just can't wait for our trip!!!!!!!! (Haha - impatient much?! )

We are doing our drive similar to the one in 2009. We'll leave Friday evening and drive straight through to Disney. It's rough, but the getting there isn't as bad as the coming home. And we've decided to bag the Universal idea - we have Victoria and Albert's booked for our anniversary, so that's more than enough extra spending. But thanks for the advice. When we do finally get around to doing it, it'll definitely be at the beginning of the trip!

All the best of luck to your daughter! It's a rough road, but when it truly calls you, you have to do it. My best advice (and what I tell ALL my students who end up going into music in college) is to take some business and marketing classes! I can't stress this enough! So many of us come out of multiple degrees in music and have no clue what to do next. We can sing and perform wonderfully, but don't know how to handle the business side of it all - which is a bigger aspect to the career than I ever would have suspected.

Thanks again for reading my TR's and I hope you'll have a Lapu Lapu for me on your trip!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #145
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Last edited by JenSop; 05-05-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #146
JenSop
DIS Veteran

By the way all, here are some of my childhood pics at Disney!

In MK with our matching Epcot shirts! 1985

View of the castle from the old Sky Ride: 1985

Our parents did like to put us in matching outfits.... 1985

Posing in Epcot with our mom and grandmother - 1985:

A band in Epcot... 1985

Hula Minnie! And I'm wearing the same shirt from the year before! 1986:

A visit from Goofy - 1986:

Posing with the castle - 1986:

Back when you could get meals on Tom Sawyer Island! - 1986

Hanging out with Minnie - 1987

MK in 1987:

MK in 1987:

I THINK this was Diamond Horseshoe Review area? Please someone help me out. (1987)

I'm on the search to find more old Disney pics! Hoping to find some from some of my school trips. Stay tuned!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: