DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #76
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

(drumming fingers on desk)
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #77
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

(twiddling fingers)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #78
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

(counting ceiling tiles)
Old 02-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #79
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
(counting ceiling tiles)
You should sharpen all of your pencils, throw them into the ceiling tiles and see how long they stick.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #80
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:

(drumming fingers on desk)
Quote:
(twiddling fingers)
Quote:
(counting ceiling tiles)
I could get all territorial and mad and say, "Hey...wait a minute...he's MY Nemisis!!!"

But nah...go ahead...Pirate away!!!

Maybe I should decorate the stopher mancave...like I did for Don!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #81
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
You should sharpen all of your pencils, throw them into the ceiling tiles and see how long they stick.
13 so far. I'm running out of pencils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
I could get all territorial and mad and say, "Hey...wait a minute...he's MY Nemisis!!!"

But nah...go ahead...Pirate away!!!

Maybe I should decorate the stopher mancave...like I did for Don!!!

We definitely need a stopher man cave! I figured you were busy giving Don grief, and we couldn't just let stopher skate by.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #82
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
13 so far. I'm running out of pencils.

We definitely need a stopher man cave! I figured you were busy giving Don grief, and we couldn't just let stopher skate by.
Perhaps I'll just send you a box of pencils Mark...

I know, I know - I have thought about getting both reports updated a lot lately - but several other projects have slipped up to the top of the list, taking away from writing time. But something will be up soon. So go away s and I'll be back at it shortly.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #83
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Part VI Partying like it’s 1986… We Are Here to Change the World…

Ok, it’s been a little while since I last updated this story…over a month in fact, as I began to be reminded of such from my fun-loving, trip report hacking DIS Pirat….I mean DISDad’s Club friends. So shoo shoo little s. (for those of you who don't get it... the DISDad's - myself included - have fun hijacking each other's TR's and taking them off into completely different and sometimes insane directions when one gets a little stale with no further updates forthcoming. Just our fun little way of making sure the reports get completed. )

We were last together, at least virtually, since honestly we weren’t REALLY together – honestly, I’ve only personally met a handful of you readers who have actually posted on this report, though many of you we’ve gone back and forth on this and other online sites – but many readers just browse and move on, so I have no idea who they are. But I digress…

…when were last together, this was the concluding statement of the previous installment

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
The next day would once again be filled with fun and surprises – I wonder what they might be. Stay tuned to find out…
so without further adieu, let’s get rolling and see what kind of surprises there might be in store.

It was now Tuesday, and our final full day at the World. This was, once again, a short trip, only 3 nights, with part of 4 days to enjoy the World. The alarm went off early, but this time there was no breakfast in the room. We were headed out and planned on eating in the park today. This was surprise number 1, although just a small surprise really. It was an EMH Morning at Epcot – and that was our destination of choice. My DD has never eaten breakfast inside Epcot before, and so she was EXCITED! We both love Soarin’ and wanted to be able to get on it a few times – so being there for rope drop was definitely on our agenda (surprise #2 – she’s never experienced rope drop at Epcot before). We got ready quickly, and were downstairs waiting for the bus at about 7:15. The bus showed up about 5 minutes later and we were off on our way over to Epcot.

Nate – a fellow DIS Dad Club pal (and my nemesis on that thread) – had planned on meeting up today in Epcot. We’d been talking beforehand about our schedules and meeting up, since he and his family were vacationing in the World the same time my DD and I were there. He works for Siemens, the sponsor of Spaceship Earth and Illuminations, and he was going to show me the special corporate lounge inside the SE building… it was going to be epic, and actually had a couple of the other DDC dads jealous. I had started to communicate via text with Nate to let him know that we were at Epcot, but my text went unanswered. Hmm – I would have to try again later.

Here’s my DD upon entering the park.

The crowd wasn’t enormous that morning, but there were certainly people there to enjoy EMH with us. We worked our way up to the central area and the rope drop, and waited for 8 am to arrive. I didn’t get any pictures of the characters that morning, but I remember Mickey, Minnie, & Goofy were on our side. I think Donald and Chip & Dale were on the Test Track/Mission Space side – but I could be wrong. It was nearly 6 months ago! (And I need to wrap this TR up… so I can finish my other active one too. We’ve got a trip coming up in April, and I don’t want these to drag out that long )

As soon as the rope was dropped, we followed the nice CM’s over to The Land, and worked out way in to the building and down to the lower level. Another text to Nate telling him we were getting on Soarin'. We quickly got FP’s, and then jumped in to the line. Soon we were in flight once again, soaring over my native state. Ahhh. There’s just something about Soarin’ – I’ve loved it since it first opened up at DCA 10 years ago. I was so thrilled when it was announced back in 2003 that it would be coming to WDW, and finally opened in 2005. I love the visuals, the music, the whole experience. It is one of my favorites, definitely.

Here we are after enjoying our breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, after sending another text to Nate that we were having breakfast.

After breakfast, we were able to enjoy ride #2 on Soarin’, and grabbed another FP after we got off. Cool!... Soarin’ three times in one day at Epcot; that’s never happened before on a family excursion (typically only of my solo trips, if at all) so needless to say, we were both pretty stoked.

After our earthbound flights, it was time to head out to the neighboring pavilion to the south, one that is home to two crazy characters – both of whom I really like (unlike some of my DISDad’s buddies). One is small and purple, the other a former pop teen idol – both fantastic in their own way. Ready to go back to 1986? We sure were. And I recall sending off another text to Nate letting him know what our current destination was.

I was pretty excited to be able to see Captain Eo again. I know that many adore the film, many abhor the film – I fall more in the I really like it, but don’t love it camp. I have fond memories of it from my Disneyland youth and CM days. I loved the 60 Hour Party that DL hosted when it premiered - I was there. It was really cool. What crazy, heady days those were. I loved it. There's just something so cool about partying all night long in Disneyland when you're a teenager - just hangin' out with your friends, and nary a parent (of yoursor theirs) in sight. Needless to say, since it was removed from the Disney parks years ago – my DD had never experienced it. She was nervous at first, but in the end, she really enjoyed it. For the next hour or more she simply couldn’t stop singing and humming that “we are here to change the world…”

About this time (it was now around 9:30 or so), I got my first response from Nate (of many more to come) – except, the VM that I got after calling or texting him (I don’t recall which now), basically said that they aren't morning people and hadn’t left their resort yet – and it might be a while before they got to Epcot. Oh well – so much for epic. But I wasn’t going to give up on connecting. It was going to happen. So in the meantime – we headed over to the Character Spot to get some signatures to fill up that brand new autograph album I’d purchased a couple of days prior. Sadly, because we chose to go do other things first, the line for the characters was LOOOONG. Ugh. But DD wanted to see the fab five up close and personal – so we got in line. Nearly 50 minutes later (and I believe another text to Nate) we were up to the front and the line and about to see the big cheese himself.

By the time we were done at the Character Spot, I recall receiving a VM back from Nate that said that they were getting on the bus headed over to Epcot, but since they weren’t there yet, and we had a lunch reservation in World Showcase (could it be, surprise #3) we started to head that way texting back that we could meet up after lunch, hopefully.

Will DD get to meet more characters? Will Stopher and his DD make it to lunch on time? Will Nate ever appear? These questions and many others will be answered in the next installment of this Daddy-Daughter Adventure.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 02-13-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #84
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

First off...Hidden Mickeys...Goofys...etc...

Second...my Epic non-appearance...if you remember...the day before we had the down poor of rain...well my Family had a late reservation at CRT in the MK...well when we got out from Dinner...the park was still open...but basically empty...and the rain had stopped... My family had an EPIC Night at the MK with no lines for anything...including Peter Pan...which always has a line. We did everything in Fantasy land 2-3 times (including the HM in Liberty square...Tomorrowland we did Buzz...TTA...and DS16 did Space Mt. 2 times...then we headed to Frontierland...and finished in Adventureland where we closed down Pirates....last boat. By the time we got back to the room...showers...I was the last one to bed @ 2AM.

Hence multiple text from me...cause I didn't wake up until almost 10AM...and my family was Comatose.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #85
stopher1

Quote:
Second...my Epic non-appearance...if you remember...the day before we had the down poor of rain...well my Family had a late reservation at CRT in the MK...well when we got out from Dinner...the park was still open...but basically empty...and the rain had stopped... My family had an EPIC Night at the MK with no lines for anything...including Peter Pan...which always has a line. We did everything in Fantasy land 2-3 times (including the HM in Liberty square...Tomorrowland we did Buzz...TTA...and DS16 did Space Mt. 2 times...then we headed to Frontierland...and finished in Adventureland where we closed down Pirates....last boat. By the time we got back to the room...showers...I was the last one to bed @ 2AM.

Hence multiple text from me...cause I didn't wake up until almost 10AM...and my family was Comatose.
I have not said that you did not make it. I also didn't say that you did make it. I just said what you told me - your family wasn't a morning family. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next installment, nemesis. But really - closing down down the joint is no reason not to be up early the next day - is it? .

Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #86
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
I have not said that you did not make it. I also didn't say that you did make it. I just said what you told me - your family wasn't a morning family. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next installment, nemesis. But really - closing down down the joint is no reason not to be up early the next day - is it? .
Yes...yes it is! We are lazy people who tire easily.

Actually we find it easier to take advantage of the Late EMH's. We only made one park opening the whole trip...most days we didn't leave the resort until late.

Also...I wasn't implying you were saying anything negative about me...I was just explaining to your readers why my family was sleeping in...and my many text.

Not only did we sleep in...but we ate lunch at our resort. Which put us at Epcot about the time for your Reservation at...that resturant over in...
Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #87
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
So shoo shoo little s. (for those of you who don't get it... the DISDad's - myself included - have fun hijacking each other's TR's and taking them off into completely different and sometimes insane directions when one gets a little stale with no further updates forthcoming. Just our fun little way of making sure the reports get completed. )

Quote:
(And I need to wrap this TR up… so I can finish my other active one too. We’ve got a trip coming up in April, and I don’t want these to drag out that long )
Why? That doesn't seem to bother Don.

Quote:
Soon we were in flight once again, soaring over my native state. Ahhh. There’s just something about Soarin’ – I’ve loved it since it first opened up at DCA 10 years ago. I was so thrilled when it was announced back in 2003 that it would be coming to WDW, and finally opened in 2005. I love the visuals, the music, the whole experience. It is one of my favorites, definitely.

Great ride. Period.

Quote:
Cool!... Soarin’ three times in one day at Epcot; that’s never happened before on a family excursion (typically only of my solo trips, if at all) so needless to say, we were both pretty stoked.
That's pretty cool. No, wait: that's awesome.

Quote:
After our earthbound flights, it was time to head out to the neighboring pavilion to the south, one that is home to two crazy characters – both of whom I really like (unlike some of my DISDad’s buddies).
Gee, who could you be talking about there?

Quote:
I had started to communicate via text with Nate to let him know that we were at Epcot, but my text went unanswered.
Quote:
after sending another text to Nate that we were having breakfast.
Quote:
And I recall sending off another text to Nate letting him know what our current destination was.
Quote:
Nearly 50 minutes later (and I believe another text to Nate)
Quote:
Will Nate ever appear?
Wake up Nate! Wake up!!! There's no sleeping at Disney World!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #88
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Ya know, I almost had to send someone out to find you on those SSR rockers, left us hanging But I see I don't ever have to worry about not reading the end because there is a "crew" looking out for us trip report readers. And what a "crew"!!! You all have the pirates song as your ring tone?

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #89
stopher1

Quote:
Yes...yes it is! We are lazy people who tire easily.
Nah!

Quote:
Also...I wasn't implying you were saying anything negative about me...I was just explaining to your readers why my family was sleeping in...and my many texts.
And I was certainly having fun TALKING about your many texts! I think the next installment might just have a few more too!

Quote:
Not only did we sleep in...but we ate lunch at our resort. Which put us at Epcot about the time for your Reservation at...that resturant over in...
Now that part, I did not remember. You probably told me that in your VM or in a text - but I can't say.

Quote:
Why? That doesn't seem to bother Don.
And to that I agree 100%! But I am not Don... which is also why I enjoy dishing, but not receiving. I love being a myself

Quote:
That's pretty cool. No, wait: that's awesome.
I know, huh?!!

Quote:
Gee, who could you be talking about there?
Hmmm, I just don't know.

But I do know this .... one little spark of inspiration, is at the heart of all creation ...

Quote:
Wake up Nate! Wake up!!! There's no sleeping at Disney World!
Are you using your best Stitch voice there, like the wake-up calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
Ya know, I almost had to send someone out to find you on those SSR rockers, left us hanging But I see I don't ever have to worry about not reading the end because there is a "crew" looking out for us trip report readers. And what a "crew"!!! You all have the pirates song as your ring tone?
Oh yeah, the guys (including me) love to keep each other on their toes when it comes to TR's. Normally I get mine done pretty quickly, but with two active ones, family birthdays, family medical stuff going on, a surprise party I'm planning, along with that stuff I fill my days with called work - I'm swamped. So I let it linger a little bit too long and..... whammmy... these guys move on in

Old 02-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #90
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Here we are after enjoying our breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, after sending another text to Nate that we were having breakfast.
I love that place! So much better than standard "fast food" counter service available at other places..

Quote:
After breakfast, we were able to enjoy ride #2 on Soarin’, and grabbed another FP after we got off. Cool!... Soarin’ three times in one day at Epcot; that’s never happened before on a family excursion (typically only of my solo trips, if at all) so needless to say, we were both pretty stoked.
Wow, the rest of the day could pretty much suck and it would still be a pretty good day, just because of that!

Quote:
After our earthbound flights, it was time to head out to the neighboring pavilion to the south, one that is home to two crazy characters – both of whom I really like (unlike some of my DISDad’s buddies).
You know, I really don't mind Figment. I know it's just a mirror, but that disappearing butterfly blows my mind every time.

Quote:
I was pretty excited to be able to see Captain Eo again. I know that many adore the film, many abhor the film – I fall more in the I really like it, but don’t love it camp.
If I did see it, I don't remember it. And I don't really have any drive to see it. My question is - how did the film hold up over 24 years? Did they convert it to digital or otherwise restore it? I would imagine there had to be some degradation of the film if it was sitting on a shelf somewhere...

Quote:
Nearly 50 minutes later (and I believe another text to Nate) we were up to the front and the line and about to see the big cheese himself.
Yup, I've stood in that line before. Luckily, we did Chef Mickey's our first night on our last trip and saw just about all of those characters there. So when we walked past that spot, the kids didn't even ask to wait in line.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: