Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #31
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

We like to check in way early and drink, too Particularly nice at Yachtsman and Jiko.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #32
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

This is horrible to hear because we have breakfast reservations there. I hope we don't have this problem! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #33
NMW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
We like to check in way early and drink, too Particularly nice at Yachtsman and Jiko.
The Crews Cup Lounge is one of our favorite places to drink, before dinner at Yachtsman, or just anytime. One night we were there waiting for dinner and people were there for a convention and they were having an Indiana Jones themed costume party. It was so much fin to watch them come in the bar in costume. The bar tenders are awesome there as well. We have had so much fun there over the years
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #34
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
This is horrible to hear because we have breakfast reservations there. I hope we don't have this problem! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them.
In 2009, we didn't have the problem with breakfast. We had 2 breakfasts there at about 8:30am and the restaurant was not full at all but that was a slower time of year -- end of October. Stitch, Lilo, Mickey, and Pluto were great there.
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
Old 12-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #35
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post

We've been to both breakfast and dinner there, and the check-in fiasco is far worse at dinner.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #36
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Omgosh... the last time I ate here was Dec 2006 and we waited 60 minutes after our ADR to be seated. They even told us that we were late check-in for our ADR but the line was sooooo long. We were there 15 minutes before too. So, basically we waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for our table. They tried to blame it on our large party of 7 people and they couldn't get a table together. Anyways, never again. We haven't gone back and never will. I'm just appalled that it is still an issue. They really need to get their act together.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #37
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
We've been to both breakfast and dinner there, and the check-in fiasco is far worse at dinner.
I can't imagine how much worse. We've been to breakfast 2x, and both times were total chaos.

Tiger
Old 12-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #38
C&B Young
www.canadisney.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
When we were seated, there were many empty tables in the restaurant. So, what's going on? Do they seat in waves or something?
We ate at 'Ohana Dec. 1 and experienced much of the same frustrations as you. Our ADR was for 8:10pm, when checking in there was a huge line-up (as always) and the CM's at the podium said they were having computer problems. We eventually got our pager and had a seat. We were getting a bit nervous (knowing the "system upgrades" that were going on) & checked back with the podium at 8:30 to make sure we were still in queue for a table. They said that we were, and would get the next table for 2 (one CM said that the computer had been assigning some people with ADR's as walk-ups instead!).

We eventually were seated around 8:45, and were surprised to find ourselves at the rear of the restaurant (by the windows) in a SEA of empty tables. Didn't make sense at all given that the lobby was jam-packed with people waiting for tables. Service was pretty slow, and by the time we eventually ate & got out of there it was around 10:30 pm. We had to cab it back to our resort because the buses & monorails from the MK had stopped running. We love 'Ohana, but it's not going on our ADR list for next time unless they get their act together.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #39
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran

I totally agree that there is a huge check-in problem at 'Ohana

If you don't get there 30-45 min before your ADR, you may be considered late. Our ADR was for 5pm and folks started lining up at the podium before 4:30!

It is a zoo on the 2nd floor around 5 pm, with the line going well past Kona. On our last trip, by 5 PM, the line was almost out the door to the Monorail! I commented to DH that thank goodness we are ALWAYS very early otherwise we would have truly missed our ADR through no fault of our own.

I'm not sure what the solution is. But I do think that they need to have a CM there well before the first ADR to at least get the ball rolling. Then, as soon as the crowds start rolling in, they need to have MULTIPLE CM's checking people in.

I agree w/ the PP. DH and I will not be back unless they get their act together. It was way too crazy!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #40
NMW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
I can't imagine how much worse. We've been to breakfast 2x, and both times were total chaos.

Tiger

We have never had an issue with breakfast. However, we do breakfast around 7:30 AM. It may get crazier as the morning goes on.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #41
tanyaandallie
DIS Veteran

Wow! Reading this makes me far less sad that I was unable to get and ADR at O'hanas on our next trip! I have no desire to wait insane amount of time just to check in! OP your experience at O'hana's is simply unacceptable. The managers behavior is unacceptable. But, folks keep going back so there is little reason for the restaurant to make changes.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #42
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyaandallie View Post
Wow! Reading this makes me far less sad that I was unable to get and ADR at O'hanas on our next trip! I have no desire to wait insane amount of time just to check in! OP your experience at O'hana's is simply unacceptable. The managers behavior is unacceptable. But, folks keep going back so there is little reason for the restaurant to make changes.
ITA. I had Ohana on my list for our next trip, but this thread reminded me of our last experience there in '05... it was crazy then too. I think I blocked out the memory

So, I'm not going to cry if I don't get a ressie there. Probably won't try. Might try Kona though - that's one we've never done.

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
Old 12-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #43
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

The hassle of checkin, the anger of the guests around us waiting waiting waiting, the hard to peel 'crunchy' shrimp (who doesn't devein? Seriously??) and dry meats and the cost of the meal had we not been on the dining plan for such sub par service has convinced me to cancel our reservation here for March. I'm glad I tried it on the 'free' dining plan with my folks first so my fiance and I do not waste our money when we could spend a tad more and have a signature meal.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #44
coconutprincess
DIS Veteran

For whatevr reason - I ALWAYS end up with a 5:00 reservation for when they open. The first problem is they don't start the checkin process until 5:00. Yet you have check in times from 5:00- 5:20 waiting in that line since they say get there early. There's a massive line just to check in.

I've also seen people turned away shocked they couldn't get a table when they just opened. I think If they would have someone start check in, at like 4:45 but don't seat you until 5:00 (when they open), it would go much more smoothly.

That being said - I have another 5:00 reservation for our trip in May

Trips:
Grand Floridian (1980's) - Swan (1993)- Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1995) - Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1997) - Embassy Suites(1997) - OKW (2000) - Carribbean Beach (2001) - POR (2006) - POR (2009) - POR (2010) - WL (2011) - WL (2013)
Old 12-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #45
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

They were having computer trouble when I was there on November 28th. I was the 4th in line and it took 30 minutes for her to get to me and another 10 minutes to check me in.

That being said, it was one of the best meals we had. Our waiter was not the best, but we had no complaints about the food.

Tags
check-in, checkin, late, ohana, reservation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: