Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #61
princessjv
DIS Veteran

ACK! No TSM fast passes! Was everyone shocked and stunned in line?

Who knew a little coin could be so much fun! I love it!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #62
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Love your pics with Lotso!!

How strange about the FP's...

However, I'll disagree with you on this one. I really like having FP's. I spent all my childhood trips without it - waiting in REALLY long lines.

I love being able to go to WDW and use FP. If you know how to work the system, you'll never wait in a long line again. Love it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #63
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

we always use the secret one as well. but glad to hear there is an express line to skip the movie at the start.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #64
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
We slept in just a bit, and didn't kill ourselves trying to get there for rope drop.
But, but....
Quote:
Of course, the LONGEST wait time was for this:
ACK!
Quote:
You know what?! The standby line was MOVING and MOVING FAST!!! All because there were no FP people butting into line.... the standby was flying!!
Y'know, I don't think we've ever used FP's for TSM. We've either been there at rope drop and hit it right away, or we were so late arriving that the FPs were gone or too late for us to use, or I sat on a bench with a latte while Leo and Gramma waited 3 hours in line.

Quote:
After getting Toy Storied up, we decided to venture over to Lotso. We were surprised that they stopped us in the animation dump shop, our usual "back way" into the character meet and greet area. They made us go in through the main entrance, but they had set up an 'express' line that bypassed the movie and went right into the meet and greet area.
I noticed that on our Dec. trip, too! We were there for the animation thingy, but once we all got in, they siphoned off the meet-n-greeters from the animation tour folks.

Quote:
Shae and I broke the cardinal rule of not saving tables. Don't bash us... it was a necessity... it was such a zoo!
I won't bash. If every busy CS place did what they were doing at WWOHP, we wouldn't need to save seats!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #65
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

100 minutes?! Eek! But I'm glad it was really only 45. That's much doable. Glad you had a fun time in line. Lotso is pretty cute, for a bad guy.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #66
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Great update! I agree about the FP's but we still use them too.
Looks like you guys had a great start to this day. Love the funny faces with you and Shae. She is getting SO BIG!!! I can't get over it.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #67
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I missed an update!

I know what you mean about fastpasses. We went on TSM many times without fastpasses and it wasn't completely unbearable.

I love the silly faces. My family is notorious for those.......

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #68
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
ACK! No TSM fast passes! Was everyone shocked and stunned in line?

Who knew a little coin could be so much fun! I love it!
It was very surreal. I didn't hear anyone talking about it! We didn't hang out very long out front. We hopped into line and just buzzed right along (no pun intended!) Still don't know what was going on with the fast pass thing. Strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Love your pics with Lotso!!

How strange about the FP's...

However, I'll disagree with you on this one. I really like having FP's. I spent all my childhood trips without it - waiting in REALLY long lines.

I love being able to go to WDW and use FP. If you know how to work the system, you'll never wait in a long line again. Love it!
We got so many GREAT Christmas pictures during this trip! Of course, I had already made the Christmas cards by the time we left for this trip, so we didn't use any of the Disney ones! Bummer!

I love FPs too.... when I use them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
we always use the secret one as well. but glad to hear there is an express line to skip the movie at the start.
I'm glad they did this too! I always felt 'sneaky' going in through the exit! Now I feel like a good Disney rule follower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Y'know, I don't think we've ever used FP's for TSM. We've either been there at rope drop and hit it right away, or we were so late arriving that the FPs were gone or too late for us to use, or I sat on a bench with a latte while Leo and Gramma waited 3 hours in line.
Seriously.. unless you are there 30 minutes before rope drop, your chances of getting a FP are slim to none! (Especially during busy times... which, nowadays, is always!!)

Quote:
I won't bash. If every busy CS place did what they were doing at WWOHP, we wouldn't need to save seats!
Surely, Disney has spies at WWoHP, don't you think? Maybe they'll get some good ideas... fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
100 minutes?! Eek! But I'm glad it was really only 45. That's much doable. Glad you had a fun time in line. Lotso is pretty cute, for a bad guy.
It was the most enjoyable TSM wait we've ever had! And we didn't take out our iPhones once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Great update! I agree about the FP's but we still use them too.
Looks like you guys had a great start to this day. Love the funny faces with you and Shae. She is getting SO BIG!!! I can't get over it.
It's scary how they are growing right before the DIS community's eyes, isn't it?!? Soon we will all be posting graduation trips and our children's Disney honeymoon pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I can't believe I missed an update!

I know what you mean about fastpasses. We went on TSM many times without fastpasses and it wasn't completely unbearable.

I love the silly faces. My family is notorious for those.......
They are easy to miss when they are so few and far between!!! I apologize!!

I think for my next trip report, the theme is going to be SILLY FACES!! Wouldn't that be fun?
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 01-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #69
Sooze
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed WAY too much food at Pizza Planet and then decided it was time to split up... again. Matt so graciously offered to take Shaelyn so that Ty and I could ride Tower of Terror. YAY!!!! He had gotten Fast Passes early that morning, so Tyson and I walked right on in!

I can't get enough of this ride. If I even begin to think it might be getting old, I just remind myself of that pure joy I feel when I'm being thrown up and down that elevator shaft at full speed!! You know what that joy looks like??

.... it looks like this:

My self portrait. Thanks for enjoying! Here was the view I was screaming at:

And here's my ghetto ride picture of me holding my camera!

I absolutely LOVE the family next to me... just trying to hold their daughter together. They were awfully quiet compared to my screams of terror and joy!!

So what did Matt do while Ty and I were being terrorized? He granted Shae's wish and took her to see VotLM. Awwwww.... poor guy. He had to sit through that miserable, outdated show. Tyson and I wandered over to the dump shop. Tyson had a great time making fun of all of the Playhouse Disney 'baby' toys:

As he was ridiculing poor Handy Manny, the REAL Handy Manny walked by:

It's a good thing his hat was covering his eyes... he didn't see Tyson's disrespect for his stuffed doll. Whew!

Detail in the dump shop:

Matt and Shae emerged (Matt with a giant eye roll) and we quickly switched children and split up again. This time, Matt and Ty were off to see LMA, while Shae and I were going to spend time window shopping. This girl LOVES gift shops, especially ones filled with Disney goodness. She found these adorable Disney pets and played with them for a full 20 minutes!

You could put different accessories on these cute little animals. Very cute!

Loving the princess displays:

She fell in LOVE with this Ariel baby:

But as soon as she was done cuddling and singing to Ariel, she put her back:

This is a true blessing, I know, but Shae is a TRUE window shopper. She VERY RARELY asks me to buy anything. She just has fun playing with the things, then puts them right back with no complaints.

I know... I count those blessings often.

While we were on this trip, Tangled was being released in theaters. We had not yet seen it, but Shae was already in LOVE with Rapunzel.

After spending quite a while in the shop, we noticed the Little Einsteins were across the way, with very small lines. So we hopped on over to say hello. Shae was especially happy to see June, since she is the DANCER!

Look how HAPPY she is in this picture. She just LOVES meeting characters:

We killed all sorts of time with the gift shop and Playhouse Disney characters. We decided to stroll over to the LMA area to wait for the boys. On our way, I noticed that there was an adult beverage stand near the Backlot tour. They were offering holiday specials. One was called a 'snowball'. I don't usually EVER do adult beverages in the middle of the day, while hanging out at a park, if ever! But it just sounded so perfectly good! I went for it!

I have seen all kinds of drink recipes online that are called "snowballs" and none of them match what I had that day. I am terrible with cocktails and what's in them. All I know is that this was creamy, kahlua-y, and fabulously delish!!!

We met up with the boys and just took some relaxing time on the Streets of America.

Kids playing together (me love!!)

The time had come for the boys to use their Rock N Roller Coaster Fast Passes. Shae and I were ready to experience some more of the DHS's fabulous performances. Guess we'll split up again!!

More to come...
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 01-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #70
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Great update! I totally agree with you about ToT!!!!! I simply can't ever get enough. I LOVE that free-falling feeling.

And dude, no shame in the ghetto ride picture. I totally take pictures of my ride pictures all the time now - and I learned it from you!

I'm never opposed to an adult drink in the middle of the day, so I will totally be looking for that yummy drink you got!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #71
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Look of joy and terror on ToT.....priceless.

I love going to ToT with newbies. I just love listening to their screams of pure terror and how they say they'll never do it again.

Um, I totally would have been playing with the stuffed animals and dressing them up too!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #72
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

The Disney pets with accessories were so cute. I can see why Shae enjoyed playing with them.

It is great that Shae enjoys window shopping. I can see alot of Disney window shopping in her future.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 01-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #73
JenSop
DIS Veteran

I just have to add that you ARE totally lucky that Shae is a true window shopper. My eldest niece is anything but. She always asks if we can buy things. I haven't been out "shopping" with my youngest niece enough yet, so we have yet to see how she fairs in that kind of environment.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #74
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

those were some good on ride shots, at first i was wondering how did she get those good shots, then i figured it out.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #75
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Matt so graciously offered to take Shaelyn so that Ty and I could ride Tower of Terror...
I can't get enough of this ride. If I even begin to think it might be getting old, I just remind myself of that pure joy I feel when I'm being thrown up and down that elevator shaft at full speed!!
I haven't been on it since last summer - I miss it! Can't wait for the day Leo either gets brave enough to go with me... or is old enough to leave in the dump shop while I ride, lol!

Quote:

Love it!

Quote:
As he was ridiculing poor Handy Manny, the REAL Handy Manny walked by:
D'OH!

Quote:
After spending quite a while in the shop, we noticed the Little Einsteins were across the way, with very small lines. So we hopped on over to say hello. Shae was especially happy to see June, since she is the DANCER!
Aw, I miss those guys! Are they still on TV? LE was my favorite of little-kid programming.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: