Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #31
Sooze
DIS Veteran
 
Sooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Avon, IN
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
LOL, you know it!
YES!!! I'm a winner! Can't wait to hear all about it


Quote:
Aw, love this!
Thanks! She's such good little model... especially at Disney!


Quote:
Sweet! Wanna hear something funny? I can't remember if we did or not. I distinctly remember saying "Hey look - Tronorail!" But have no idea if we actually boarded it!
That's funny, but I completely understand random memory lapses like this! I was looking ahead at the pictures for the next day of the trip and had to call in the family to help me remember what most of them were about!!


Quote:
SO true - I've quit trying!
Don't get me wrong.. I've seen quite a few AMAZING Christmas Castle pics (and I'm sure you could get some of those!) But, you know what I mean... you just can't capture that feeling you get when you see them.



Quote:
Temporary - it seems to go on and off with some regularity; there've been days when we rode POTC twice and it was there once but not the second time.
Whew! Good to hear!!


Quote:
They're really, really good! And no tripod?!?! I'm not that steady, lol!
Thanks, V! It's me holding as still as I can with my crappy point and shoot. I keep thinking about retirement, when Matt and I move down there.. my #1 priority (after securing employment at WDW) is to get me a REAL GOOD camera and take up a new hobby!


Quote:
But, but... it's a great big, beautiful tomorrow!
According to Matt, it's a great big, beautiful waste of time! He just doesn't get the classics...


Quote:
Yay, that boy has good taste!
Well, I guess SOMEBODY has to like that attraction. I'm glad to know there are at least two...
__________________
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only


ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Sooze is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #32
mermaid764
DIS Veteran
 
mermaid764's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,016

What an awesome ending to your first day...scoring a table by IASW, and getting a great spot for wishes=awesome!

Love the pic of your kids in front of the statue...too cute!!

Yikes about the crowds....that's insane

Looking forward to more
mermaid764 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #33
JenSop
DIS Veteran
 
JenSop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)
Posts: 1,916

Subscribing! I'm just joining in - can't wait to read about it!
JenSop is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #34
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

OMG, Sooze!! I swear I subscribed to this TR!! Apparently I haven't been getting the updates in my "subscriptions". BOO!!! Ok, going back to read all that I've missed!
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #35
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

The kiddo's are getting so big!!! Tyson is handsom as ever and Shae is so adorable!! I love the pic of him pushing her in the stroller. Brought tears to my eyes.

I love starting Epcot off with Spaceship Earth! Although, our last trip (June) was SO busy and the line was I swear 10 miles long! We had to wait till later.

Ok, going back to read more.........
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #36
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Oh no!! Poor Shae on Mission Space. I forgot how loud it was. I've only ridden it once but I bet our next trip will be the one when DS is ready to ride for the first time. He also says he's going to ride BTMRR for the first time too! We shall see.

I love the VoL!! I'm so glad I read your TR's because we had been passing this up and finally I told DH we were going in! I told him Sooze said we HAVE TO SEE THIS. And yes, of course he was like "who's sooze?" Before I could get the word "DIS" outta my mouth he had already figured it out....sooze must be another one of my "imaginary" friends.

That Kim Possible mission in Germany is SO MUCH FUN!! We really enjoyed that and laughed a lot in that shop.

Ok, going to read more.........
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #37
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Wow, what an awesome first day!!! You guys did a lot. Especially considering the crowds! That's how it was in June plus the heat!! We were definitely out of our planning range. We had to really plan and work those fastpasses each day.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #38
JenSop
DIS Veteran
 
JenSop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)
Posts: 1,916

Loving your TR so far!!! I can't believe how much Shae grew in just a few months!

(One of the ways we've been getting my oldest niece to eat more - she's super tiny - is to tell her that she'll be tall enough to go on all the big rides at Disney on our 2012 trip. It totally works - and she talks about it all the time, apparently!)

I just love hearing about surprise Disney trips!

By the way, I think I missed it as to why you guys were staying at POFQ instead of a DVC?
JenSop is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #39
Sooze
DIS Veteran
 
Sooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Avon, IN
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
What an awesome ending to your first day...scoring a table by IASW, and getting a great spot for wishes=awesome!

Love the pic of your kids in front of the statue...too cute!!

Yikes about the crowds....that's insane

Looking forward to more
It's always fun to do these TRs, look back on the days you spent there, and realize how VERY MUCH you actually did each day! Sometimes it feels like we are spending all of our time waiting in lines, eating, or traveling from place to place. I love seeing how much we truly did!

The crowds were definitely THICK! We were expecting large crowds, but had also heard it didn't start getting crowded until AFTER Thanksgiving... I'm saying the crowds DID NOT wait!
__________________
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only


ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Sooze is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #40
Sooze
DIS Veteran
 
Sooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Avon, IN
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Subscribing! I'm just joining in - can't wait to read about it!
Thanks for coming over... hope I didn't beg too badly! And I've been reading your Girls-only report... just need to go back and reply!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Loving your TR so far!!! I can't believe how much Shae grew in just a few months!

(One of the ways we've been getting my oldest niece to eat more - she's super tiny - is to tell her that she'll be tall enough to go on all the big rides at Disney on our 2012 trip. It totally works - and she talks about it all the time, apparently!)

I just love hearing about surprise Disney trips!

By the way, I think I missed it as to why you guys were staying at POFQ instead of a DVC?
I tell Shae every day to STOP GROWING! It's crazy how fast it goes.

I love the story about your niece... that is a GREAT way to get her to eat!

We stayed at POFQ because this trip was a last-minute thing. We had airline vouchers we realized we needed to use, and we had already used up our points for the year on our big Grand Gathering next June. So we found a good AP rate at a resort we had never visited! It all worked out great!
__________________
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only


ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Sooze is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #41
Sooze
DIS Veteran
 
Sooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Avon, IN
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
OMG, Sooze!! I swear I subscribed to this TR!! Apparently I haven't been getting the updates in my "subscriptions". BOO!!! Ok, going back to read all that I've missed!
No sweat, Cherie! That happens to me all of the time. Especially when I'm reading several TRs at once, and then people start NEW TRs... so I miss out on the switch. I'm just glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
The kiddo's are getting so big!!! Tyson is handsom as ever and Shae is so adorable!! I love the pic of him pushing her in the stroller. Brought tears to my eyes.
Aw.. thanks! They have such a happy glow about them in these pictures.. for some reason....



Quote:
I love starting Epcot off with Spaceship Earth! Although, our last trip (June) was SO busy and the line was I swear 10 miles long! We had to wait till later.

Ok, going back to read more.........
We usually come in from International Gateway, so SE is not usually our first ride at Epcot... I think it will be from now on... it was the PERFECT way to start off the trip. But, yeah... waiting in line for it? UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Oh no!! Poor Shae on Mission Space. I forgot how loud it was. I've only ridden it once but I bet our next trip will be the one when DS is ready to ride for the first time. He also says he's going to ride BTMRR for the first time too! We shall see.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I look at Ty now... riding EVERYTHING at WDW with no fear... and I think back to those days when we had to bribe him onto rides by promising him pins for his lanyard. It's a distant memory now!! (Kinda like potty training!!)

Quote:
I love the VoL!! I'm so glad I read your TR's because we had been passing this up and finally I told DH we were going in! I told him Sooze said we HAVE TO SEE THIS. And yes, of course he was like "who's sooze?" Before I could get the word "DIS" outta my mouth he had already figured it out....sooze must be another one of my "imaginary" friends.
OMG!!! My husband gives me the SAME spiel whenever I mention DIS friends!! That is so funny! But I'm glad you thought of me. Did you enjoy VoL?!

Quote:
That Kim Possible mission in Germany is SO MUCH FUN!! We really enjoyed that and laughed a lot in that shop.

Ok, going to read more.........
Loved the Germany mission, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Wow, what an awesome first day!!! You guys did a lot. Especially considering the crowds! That's how it was in June plus the heat!! We were definitely out of our planning range. We had to really plan and work those fastpasses each day.
Thanks again for jumping on board! I'm sure we will be experiencing that June heat and crowds in the new year. I'm trying to be extra excited about it... I may be contacting you for advice!!
__________________
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only


ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Sooze is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #42
jwwi
DIS Veteran
 
jwwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,662

That is so cute that you and Matt split up the kids so that they can each enjoy their favorite things to do while at WDW. I think some first timers make the mistake of thinking everyone will love the same things, which can really make touring difficult. I am sure that is one of your tips for anyone who asks you for advise.

I really agree with you about the Christmas Castle, it is so absolutely beautiful. Worth the trip alone. I do like the Osborne lights, but the castle is my favorite holiday decoration.
Happy New Year!
__________________
Next trip??
jwwi is offline  
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #43
Sooze
DIS Veteran
 
Sooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Avon, IN
Posts: 2,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
That is so cute that you and Matt split up the kids so that they can each enjoy their favorite things to do while at WDW. I think some first timers make the mistake of thinking everyone will love the same things, which can really make touring difficult. I am sure that is one of your tips for anyone who asks you for advise.

I really agree with you about the Christmas Castle, it is so absolutely beautiful. Worth the trip alone. I do like the Osborne lights, but the castle is my favorite holiday decoration.
Happy New Year!
You are exactly right! That IS my number one tip! That, and "go back to the resorts in the afternoon for nap/pool time".

And I agree about the castle as well.... Osborne lights are fantastic... but the castle is PURE MAGIC!

Thanks for your comments!
__________________
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only


ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Sooze is offline  
Old 01-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #44
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Aw.. thanks! They have such a happy glow about them in these pictures.. for some reason....


I can't imagine why!

We usually come in from International Gateway, so SE is not usually our first ride at Epcot... I think it will be from now on... it was the PERFECT way to start off the trip. But, yeah... waiting in line for it? UGH!

We are staying at BCV for 3 nights before our Cruise this June. It will be our first time entering from the International Gateway. It's going to swap everything that we are used to around on us. That's okay though...we love to experience it all in different ways!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I look at Ty now... riding EVERYTHING at WDW with no fear... and I think back to those days when we had to bribe him onto rides by promising him pins for his lanyard. It's a distant memory now!! (Kinda like potty training!!)
Oh I know!! It's very bittersweet. We want them to try new things and to have fun but then when we get there and look back it's almost like...."where did my little baby go?" That's funny about the pin bribes because that is what we do too!!


OMG!!! My husband gives me the SAME spiel whenever I mention DIS friends!! That is so funny! But I'm glad you thought of me. Did you enjoy VoL?!

VoL is AMAZING!!!! It is a must do on my list from now on. I think the blonde in your pictures is the same in my pictures from last June. She was pregnant when we went. She must of had her baby!


Thanks again for jumping on board! I'm sure we will be experiencing that June heat and crowds in the new year. I'm trying to be extra excited about it... I may be contacting you for advice!!
Can't wait to read more! As far as June, just drink lots of water and take a break mid-day to hit the resort pool. We had to do that every single day to make it bearable! By noon we were on our way back to the pool. Stayed until around 3 or 4 then headed back to the room to change and hit the parks again at night when it was a LITTLE cooler. Definitely not the touring style we have been used to by going in February.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 01-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #45
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!
 
Lovemy3babes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN -- 1,638 miles from WDW -- too far
Posts: 3,747

Do you mind another reader? I stumbled across your report today and am really enjoying it so far.
__________________
Kelli, mom to four awesome kids! (14, 13, 10 & 7)
Nov '06: Pop Nov '08: POFQ Dec '09: OKW Sept '10: AsMo Oct '12: POR

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.