Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #16
PennyLane1084
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing to this TR. Your kids are adorable. I love Shae's red hair? It goes very well with the princess ears. I can't believe your kids get along so well at Disney! That amazes me. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
2013-DISNEYMOON! - Coronado Springs
DH - Steve Me - Kristin
Old 12-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #17
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Yah for an update

How sweet that your son was the one who wanted to push the stroller...that is too cute!

Mmm i agree that the costa rica fanta is the best at club cool...which i had it now.

And wow 30 minutes for Spaceship Earth...that's crazy!!

Looking forward to more
We are so lucky... he LOVES pushing his sister in the stroller! And, of course, she loves having him push her!

Wow, now I'm craving the Costa Rica Fanta! Maybe they could bottle it for us so we could take it home?

The good thing about the wait for SE is that it never stops moving. It went really quickly!

Working on an update... stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane1084 View Post
I'm subbing to this TR. Your kids are adorable. I love Shae's red hair? It goes very well with the princess ears. I can't believe your kids get along so well at Disney! That amazes me. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Aw, thanks for subbing! I think my kids are pretty adorable, too!

We LOVE Shae's red hair. Both Matt and myself have red in our family, but we NEVER expected it to show up in one of our own children. It's amazing how we can't go anywhere without someone commenting on her hair. It's great!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #18
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Epcot, cont'd

We had a lovely ride on Spaceship Earth. The two kids sat in the front of the car and Matt and I got to cuddle in the back seat. I really think I could ride SE 5 times in a trip and not get tired of it.... Thank the Phoenicians!

When we got off, we decided to get check out the Mission: Space/ Test Track area and see how brutal the crowds were. As we approached Mission: Space, we noticed it wasn't bad. I told Matt and Ty they could ride while Shae and I browsed the gift shops (something she LOVES doing!). Tyson said, "Let's see if Shae is tall enough for Mission: Space!!!"

Me: "Buddy, there is no way she's tall enough!"
Ty: "Let's just TRY!"

Well....

Yeah.. This girl has grown 4 INCHES since spring break!!! That is crazy! So, even though we know she's tall enough, would she even want to ride?

Yep! She wanted to! Green side, of course! We had a VERY short wait and we were soon in the room with Gary Sinise. Shae didn't bat an eyelash. She seemed super ready to go. Tyson was pumping her up the whole time about all of the buttons she could press in the capsule and going to see the moon and Mars, etc.

DH looks more apprehensive about it than Shae does!

She even listened so intently to all of the directions:

Then we got into the capsule, strapped her in, lowered the restraints, let the control panel lower down.... and realized she was too small to reach any of those buttons that Tyson was so excited about... So, that made Shae mad, and probably didn't set her up for the best experience. Then... the ride started... and Matt and I quickly realized that the volume of the soundtrack and sound effects was SUPER loud. Then Shae realized how loud it was... and began to cry.. and cry hard. It was the LONGEST Mission: Space ride EH.VER. She wasn't upset by the simulator, she was upset with the sheer LOUDNESS of it all!!

We finally got off of the ride and tried to get her excited about the fact that it was over, and that she DID IT!! She didn't buy it. It took a while for her to recover. We decided to walk her in the stroller for a while and try to calm her down. Wouldn't you know it? We ended up at the American Pavilion in World Showcase.

Well, heck, since we're here, how about a round of Voices of Liberty?!!

Shae took a picture of Matt and Me:

And a closer version:

See Tyson behind us? That's where he sits when we go see VoL. Wanna know why? One time, during a wonderful version of "Skip to My Lou", one of the lovely ladies of VoL targeted Tyson, sang to him, made him stand up in front of the crowd and answer questions, and basically scarred him for life! So he sits behind us so that never happens again! (Secretly, I think he LOVED it... but he's got to protect that 10-year-old-too-cool-for-fun reputation.)

So, the first song the sing? "Skip to My Lou" Here's the poor boy they tortured for this one:

Here's a video clip of the Voices of Liberty awesomeness. I recorded it because "You Are My Sunshine" is a family tradition with my mom, sisters, and me!

Earlier in our walk around WS, we stopped for a Kim Possible Mission. Tyson just ADORES these! We had an awesome CM who asked us if we had done them before (Yes, we have) and then asked us which countries we hadn't done yet. Tyson almost screamed "GERMANY!!!" He has been dying to do the Germany mission since he fell in love with that country a few trips ago. (He had done a research project on Germany as part of a family heritage unit, so now he's in love!) The CM promptly gave us the Germany mission, and after VoL, it was time to get our leiderhosen on!

Matt got into the spirit:

I won't give it away, but as part of the mission, these mugs do something hilarious!

Tyson laughing because he kept making the mugs do it, over and over again:

After helping Kim Possible save the world, we ran over to the new caramel shop in Germany. Wow oh wow... this is heaven in a gift shop. Awesome!

I could watch this all day:

I mean, really?

We waited in line for quite a long time, then took our yummy goodies out to a bench and went to TOWN!!

Matt got a peanut butter/ caramel cookie:

Shae got a caramel/chocolate pretzel log:

Tyson and I shared a caramel apple:

(I love Matt in the background of this picture! He looks ready to devour that cookie!)

We were in heaven on our first day, enjoying delicious sweet treats, and watching the sun start to go down over the German skyline:

But the night was STILL young, and we had much more to do!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 12-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #19
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow that carmel shop looks delicious...did the treats taste as good as they looked?

Your TR's have made me really want to try and take in the Voices of Liberty on our next trip, we just never seemed to find the time for it before

I'm loving your TR and can't wait to hear more
Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #20
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing! We were there over Thanksgiving too.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #21
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Wow have your kids grown! Loving all the pictures of the yummy treats at the new shop in Germany. Their caramel corn is very good too.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #22
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your TR! You have such a lovely family!

Your caramel treats look so yummy! I can't wait to stop in there on my next visit.

Looking forward to reading more!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #23
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Wow that carmel shop looks delicious...did the treats taste as good as they looked?

Your TR's have made me really want to try and take in the Voices of Liberty on our next trip, we just never seemed to find the time for it before

I'm loving your TR and can't wait to hear more
Ha! I guess that would've helped if I told y'all how it tasted, eh?

The caramel apple= AWESOME! They also cut it up and put it in a container, so it was easy to eat and store the leftovers!
The pretzel rod= DELICIOUS! You can't go wrong with chocolate, caramel, and pretzel
The peanut butter/caramel cookie= MEH. A little too dry and not enough caramel
We also bought a bag of caramel corn with nuts/chocolate= FABULOUS!!

Sure hope you try out Voices of Liberty. They only sing for about 10 minutes so if you DON'T like them (which I just can't imagine you wouldn't), it doesn't last too long! And if you DO like them, you can catch them several times throughout the day. Just amazing talent and beautiful sounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm subbing! We were there over Thanksgiving too.
Thanks for subbing! Looks like I may need to check out your TR and see how our whirlwind Thanksgiving trips compared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Wow have your kids grown! Loving all the pictures of the yummy treats at the new shop in Germany. Their caramel corn is very good too.
Haven't they, though? I love looking back at my earlier TRs and seeing the changes... scary! We did get some caramel corn and enjoyed it when we returned home... probably the most delicious of all of our treats from that store. YUM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdragon View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR! You have such a lovely family!

Your caramel treats look so yummy! I can't wait to stop in there on my next visit.

Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks so much!! We are always much more lovely when we are in Disney and have the 'glow'

Hope you get to try some caramel goodness... it really is worth the wait!

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #24
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Then Shae realized how loud it was... and began to cry.. and cry hard. It was the LONGEST Mission: Space ride EH.VER. She wasn't upset by the simulator, she was upset with the sheer LOUDNESS of it all!!

We finally got off of the ride and tried to get her excited about the fact that it was over, and that she DID IT!! She didn't buy it. It took a while for her to recover.
Oh my gosh, do I ever understand this entire scene... just went through it ourselves! Poor Shae. She'll give it a try again someday, though!

Quote:
Earlier in our walk around WS, we stopped for a Kim Possible Mission. Tyson just ADORES these! We had an awesome CM who asked us if we had done them before (Yes, we have) and then asked us which countries we hadn't done yet. Tyson almost screamed "GERMANY!!!"
LOL, another Borg moment... we only had one KP mission left to do, and yep - it was Germany! That was a fun one, wasn't it? Methinks Tyson and Leo would get along famously.

What an amaaaazing first day! Can't wait to read more.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #25
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Oh my gosh, do I ever understand this entire scene... just went through it ourselves! Poor Shae. She'll give it a try again someday, though!
Hmmmmmmmm.... Space Mountain
She is already talking about riding it again. She's such a brave girl!

Quote:
LOL, another Borg moment... we only had one KP mission left to do, and yep - it was Germany! That was a fun one, wasn't it? Methinks Tyson and Leo would get along famously.

What an amaaaazing first day! Can't wait to read more.
ME thinks we need to get Leo and Tyson together ASAP!!!

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 12-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #26
Sooze
DIS Veteran

The day was almost over and we hadn't split up the family yet. What is THAT about you ask? Those of you who have followed my TRs for a while know that we ALWAYS split up so that Tyson can enjoy his thrill ride stuff and Shae can get her little-kid thrill on! It was time...

The boys went off to do the orange side of MS while Shae and I headed to the Living Seas. On our way over, we stopped to smell the roses:

and to wave at the monorail:

We had to WAIT for the Nemo ride, which isn't too bad since the queue keeps moving (and it is designed phenomenally!) The ride was great, and we immediately headed into Turtle Talk with Crush. There was no one waiting and we walked right up to the 'rope' at the entrance. We spent time visiting with the fish:

While we were waiting, a MOB of people formed behind us. I have NEVER seen so many people waiting to get into this show. As soon as they let us in, Shae grabbed a spot right in front of Crush's screen.

I was secretly hoping her pretty princess ears would make her stand out to Crush, like they did last time. Of course, LAST TIME, there were only about 12 kids on the floor. This time?!?! HOLY COW!!! THere had to have been 50! It was SO SO crowded!!

The show was fun, though... it had a cool energy with so many people in the room, even if Shae didn't get to talk to Crush this time!

We hung out with the marine life until Matt and Tyson texted us and said, "Let's go to MK!" We were just dying to show the kids the beautiful Christmas castle, and to see Wishes. This is not our normal first-night routine. We are DIE HARD Illuminations lovers and always start AND finish our trip with this favorite show. But since this trip was so short, we had to redo our normal plans. Off to MK for us tonight!

We enjoyed the sidewalk lights on the way out:

Then headed to the monorail... oh, excuse me, TRONORAIL line!! YES!!! We got a Tronorail!

The kids were so happy to see the unique monorail!

Our first order of business was to walk down Main Street and take in all of the amazing Christmas magic. The kids' eyes truly sparkled when they first took in the castle. It was breathtakingly beautiful, and as I've said before, pictures can NEVER capture the beauty of the Christmas Castle, even with the BEST camera!

Our next order of business was to EAT!! It was quite crowded, but we made our way to Pinnochio's eatery in Fantasyland. I knew it would be near impossible to score a table by the "It's a Small World" window, but we meandered that way just in case. Of course, it was packed full. But, wait... what is this? There's a family getting up and leaving?! SCORE!!!

The kids were so happy that they'd be able to eat and wave at the same time!

Uh... Shae? I said the kids were so HAPPY!!!

SHAE?! Really?

This, my friends, is the result of waiting until after 7 to eat. Not only that, but having to wait another 15-20 minutes at the table while Daddy stood in line to get the food. Waving at the IASW boats helped, but only for a bit. She started getting downright CRANKY. This breaks one of the CARDINAL rules at Disney:

NO BOO-BOO face at Disney.... EVER!!

Look... even when the tray of steamy-hot, yummy Disney food got to our table, she was still being stubborn about her boo-boo face:

It was okay... once the food was in her belly, life was good again! We decided to ride IASW, just to experience going in the exit! For those of you who may not know, after the refurb they just did on IASW, they switched the entrance, exit. It actually makes so much more sense! Another measure of the crowd situation was how long we had to WAIT for IASW. Yes... I said WAIT!!

GAH!!!

What do you think of this WAIT for IASW, Ty?

What do YOU think of this WIAT for IASW, Daddy?

(Cont'd next post)

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 12-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #27
Sooze
DIS Veteran

So, we kept ourselves entertained by finding lightbulbs that were out:

Can you see it?

This is DH's reaction when he sees lightbulbs out at Disney:

Come ON, people.... no lightbulbs out at Disney!

Can you tell we were bored waiting in that long IASW line? FINALLY, we were on board the boat:

We sang our way through the whole ride, and tried to find little 'extras' that the refurb may have added. I swore I saw new things, so I pointed them out. For example, I noticed clouds/fog in the Great Britain scene that I had never seen before, so I assumed they may have been added. Matt then began to make fun of me, and pointed out the most ridiculous 'extras'. For example, "Hey... look at that guy's sombrero. I think it used to have a blue band around it, now it's red!" He kills me!

After the ride, we started walking around through Frontierland to Adventureland for a quick ride on Pirates. There was no line at all (especially on the LEFT side!) We were disappointed, though, because the fake waterfall with Davy Jones was NOT there!!! Does anyone know if that's temporary or permanent? We missed it a lot!!

After our encounter with Captain Jack Sparrow, we decided it's time to start tackling the crowds and trying to find a spot for Wishes. I was DREADING this. I despise battling for a viewing spot for Wishes... despise it!!! As we crossed the bridge from Adventureland into the Hub, it really wasn't too bad. There was still a good 30 minutes before Wishes was to start, and there was plenty of room in the hub. So we quickly grabbed a spot, and sat down for the wait. Cell phones helped pass the time for both the grown ups and kids, and, before we knew it, the show was beginning!

I tried to capture a few pictures, some came out better than others:

It was a beautiful show, and we had a magical time enjoying it! When it was over, we also enjoyed watching the crowds battle it out trying to leave. WOW! It was crazy!! We were right in the middle of the hub, so we didn't even move for a good 15 minutes!! We were able to catch this photo of Ty and Shae pretending to be the Walt and Mickey statue:

Once the crowds thinned, we made our way over to Tomorrowland. Ty shocked us all when he announced that he wanted to ride Carousel of Progress. I could hear DH's groan a mile away!! But we ventured over to the classic attraction and immediately got on!

20 minutes and a few naps later, we emerged, and Tyson announced that he LOVED it! We managed to squeeze in a few more rides (TTA and BLY) before our exhaustion got the better of us. We trudged back to the Contemporary, found the car, drove back to POFQ, and stumbled into our beds. What an AMAZING first day!!!

Tomorrow = TSM or bust!

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #28
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I love your waiting in line pictures for Small World. Thanks for posting about the change of the entrance and exit line. At Disney I am on autopilot and sometime miss new signs, and changes.

The pictures from wishes were great. I will be there in two more months I can't wait.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 12-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #29
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmm.... Space Mountain
LOL, you know it!
Quote:
ME thinks we need to get Leo and Tyson together ASAP!!!

Quote:
On our way over, we stopped to smell the roses:

Aw, love this!

Quote:
Then headed to the monorail... oh, excuse me, TRONORAIL line!! YES!!! We got a Tronorail!
Sweet! Wanna hear something funny? I can't remember if we did or not. I distinctly remember saying "Hey look - Tronorail!" But have no idea if we actually boarded it!

Quote:
Our first order of business was to walk down Main Street and take in all of the amazing Christmas magic. The kids' eyes truly sparkled when they first took in the castle.
Awesome!
Quote:
It was breathtakingly beautiful, and as I've said before, pictures can NEVER capture the beauty of the Christmas Castle, even with the BEST camera!
SO true - I've quit trying!

Quote:
So, we kept ourselves entertained by finding lightbulbs that were out:
Too funny!

Quote:
After the ride, we started walking around through Frontierland to Adventureland for a quick ride on Pirates. There was no line at all (especially on the LEFT side!) We were disappointed, though, because the fake waterfall with Davy Jones was NOT there!!! Does anyone know if that's temporary or permanent? We missed it a lot!!
Temporary - it seems to go on and off with some regularity; there've been days when we rode POTC twice and it was there once but not the second time.

Quote:
I tried to capture a few pictures, some came out better than others:
They're really, really good! And no tripod?!?! I'm not that steady, lol!

Quote:
Once the crowds thinned, we made our way over to Tomorrowland. Ty shocked us all when he announced that he wanted to ride Carousel of Progress. I could hear DH's groan a mile away!!
But, but... it's a great big, beautiful tomorrow!

Quote:
20 minutes and a few naps later, we emerged, and Tyson announced that he LOVED it!
Yay, that boy has good taste!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #30
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I love your waiting in line pictures for Small World. Thanks for posting about the change of the entrance and exit line. At Disney I am on autopilot and sometime miss new signs, and changes.

The pictures from wishes were great. I will be there in two more months I can't wait.
I think we get the most interesting pictures when we are the most in need of entertaining ourselves!! Glad I could help out with the IASW change!

You are going at such a GREAT time of year!! I'm jealous... Happy Planning!

ME DH DS 13 DD 8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: