Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #151
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

(Continued from Previous Post)

Soarin’ towards Lunch

After seriously putting the Duck's beak out of joint, we made our way over here….

…and we were stopped at the Fast Pass entry by the Cast Member.

Turns out Mickey had a chore to do…

..He knew exactly what to do with the plastic!

We dropped it off at the end of the line….er….space….er…..empty….queue…to the other Cast Member.

I wonder how they update the ride times for a wait time of 45 seconds?? And that was with me stopping to take pictures!

Whilst no photography is allowed while you are soaring, I made sure I grabbed these on the way out.

Next time, I might just ignore that rule!

When we finished, it was getting close on lunchtime. So, we started to make our way out….

…via CarsLand 2011….as it is now (not in 2012).

Someday in the future, this shot may be a CLASSIC Remember When? on the DisBoard.

We didn’t even stop for the Green Army Men and marched straight past them..

..as it really was time to head out of DCA.

A great morning!

Up Next – Across the Promenade to DisneyLand for lunch

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #152
shushh
DIS Veteran

Love DSs T-shirt! And congrats on making rope drop AND the high score!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #153
shushh
DIS Veteran

A great morning indeed! Is Soarin at the land different to the world?
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #154
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

What tips did you follow for TSM? Aiming high? I absolutely LOVE the pictures of Donald, especially the one where he butts in with the chipmunks.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #155
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Great Pictures! I'm glad you directed me to your trip report! It looks as if there simply must be a DL trip in the future with our family!

Bobbi
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #156
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I love your pics. Even though it is crisp outside you all look so happy and enjoying each other. Cant wait to hear about lunch.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #157
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I love your pics and even though it is crisp out side you all look happy and enjoying each other. My stomach would have been dropping on the big wheel. Cant wait to hear about lunch. Keep it coming.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #158
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

But at $10 for the mix, I think I might just google a recipe at home and make it myself!
No need, I was watching the Food Network this morning and one of my favorite chefs made them.

Beignets by Anne Burrell
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #159
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
No need, I was watching the Food Network this morning and one of my favorite chefs made them.

Beignets by Anne Burrell
Who made them?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #160
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Beignets by Anne Burrell
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Who made them?
Is this PIO's TR or the Old Fogie Thread?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #161
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Love DSs T-shirt! And congrats on making rope drop AND the high score!
Thanks! I didn't think I was going to make rope drop....imagine my surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
A great morning indeed! Is Soarin at the land different to the world?
Soarin' is the same at the land and the world. I think the land came first and then they moved it to the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
What tips did you follow for TSM? Aiming high? I absolutely LOVE the pictures of Donald, especially the one where he butts in with the chipmunks.
Aim high and keep pullin'. Yes - Donald and the chipmunks were just so much fun that day. I'm glad I pulled the boys to go in and see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Great Pictures! I'm glad you directed me to your trip report! It looks as if there simply must be a DL trip in the future with our family!

Bobbi
Hi Bobbi! Glad to see you made it over here. I still have the rest of the one day to get through on DL (and then the road trip and Silicon Valley)....hope you'll keep stopping by.

Quote:
I love your pics. Even though it is crisp outside you all look so happy and enjoying each other. Cant wait to hear about lunch.
Thank you. We had a great day.....in fact it was a great holiday all round!

Quote:
I love your pics and even though it is crisp out side you all look happy and enjoying each other. My stomach would have been dropping on the big wheel. Cant wait to hear about lunch. Keep it coming.
You know - I love the big wheel....my stomach doesn't.

Quote:

Beignets by Anne Burrell
Thanks! Perfect!

Quote:
Who made them?
Quote:
Is this PIO's TR or the Old Fogie Thread?
I'm going to leave this one well alone! You two old fogies (and Anne Burrell) can sort it out!

A short update coming up first....before we hit lunch a bit later!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #162
PrincessInOz
in

Disneyland….at LAST!

Across the Promenade into Disneyland and Score Two to ME!

One of the things I love most about being at the Disneyland Resort is the close proximity of both parks and DTD. Everything is walkable and there is no need to worry about Disney Transportation to get from one park to another or to a resort. And because bag check happens before the main promenade area, there is no need for another round of zipper teeth attacks.

Providing you have a Park Hopper ticket, getting from one park to another is as simple as out one gate, stopping to get your hand stamped by a Cast Member, and walking across the promenade to the other gate. Once at the other gate, you pass your Park Hopper ticket through the feeder and walk through. If there is any regular Disneyland AP reader lurking on this TR, can you please tell me if the CM EVER checks the hand stamp?

Thanks to the clock at the railway station, I can tell you that we’d pretty much moved out of DCA and headed towards DL close on noon.

On first entry into Main Street I was again struck by the sheer amount of Pixie Dust excuses that was around Disneyland. Perhaps it was because it was off-season or because of the amount of change planned, it just didn’t seem like Disneyland to me. It was a complete reconstruction zone. Even the Castle was boarded up and the normal feeling of excitement that hits me when I look down Main Street to the Castle…well, there was an abnormal feeling of disappointment instead. Don’t get me wrong….I am always delighted to be at a Disney Park; no matter what state it is in…and I knew that there was reconstruction occurring – it has to happen sometime – but knowing that it is going on before you get into the Park and seeing it in reality are two completely different things. One you reason in your mind; the other you cannot reconcile with your heart. I haven’t told DH this but seeing the park in this state…I made a decision there and then to return after the 2012 CarsLand opening so that I could immerse myself in pure Disney magic again. At this point, I didn’t even have the heart to take any pictures…and I am so regretting that decision right now.

I reminded myself that this trip was going to be special, nevertheless. Thanks to franandaj, we had a lunch invitation at Club 33. To me, this was like finding the Holy Grail for Disneyland. Lunch was at 12.30 pm; so we had a bit of time up our sleeves.

Just as well we did…

Perhaps to make up for the over-Pixie Dusting excuses, there just seemed to be more characters out and about in the Main Square than normal.

And DS was in the mood to catch up with a couple of friends he hadn’t seen in a while.

I did mention that we had Bad Line Karma at LAX….well, it seemed like we had our allocation in the one hit there. We happened to be standing at exactly the right spot when the Mouse came (back) out….

…..and we were first in line for the meet and greet.

Mickey was suitably impressed with DS attire and attachment…

…and we all got in on the act for this family and friend photo.

DS then casually walked across the square and somehow managed to walk straight into the arms of an obliging Pluto.

We also saw the Queen of Hearts…and DS showed no interest in making her acquaintance; despite the fact that there was no one else arund.

I think maybe she was rather perplexed by his reaction.

I dashed into the Halls of President, in search of a presidential related photograph.

I wonder if my shot of Capital Dome would do instead?

By this stage, our window of opportunity for meandering slowly towards Club 33 was diminishing…

….but I still pushed the boys down Main Street for another one of those detours….

I know this one was on the list! I had noticed that stand-by wait time was 5 minutes; which meant that it was walk-on.

We waited for the crowd to disembark…

…before we got on.

Did I mention that I’m the reigning queen ...er...princess of this attraction in my family? And that my highest score is in the region of 665,000? This time, I was determined to shoot…..pictures!

As I was sitting behind the boys, I could see their scores. Even when we got round to the second Zurg, they still hadn’t broken 50K. I just couldn’t help myself at this point. I gave in, picked up the ray gun and fired off about 20 shots.

I still whooped the boys and maintained my Princess reign for this attraction with a score of over 275,000. The boys couldn’t believe it either….neither broke the 6 figure mark.

Score TWO to me!

We had just enough time left to grab FP for Indiana Jones on our way over to Club 33.

Up Next – Lunch at Club 33. Yes, that Club 33

(I make no apologies for the detailed account of my time at Club 33 and it is likely to cover a few posts…I took quite a few photos and thought you might be interested to see them. So, I’m gonna pause here and come back shortly with the next update, which I am still working on...Not too long now.)

Old 02-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #163
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:

Beignets by Anne Burrell
I leave you a note on your TR about ann
Old 02-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #164
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Across the Promenade into Disneyland and Score Two to ME!

One of the things I love most about being at the Disneyland Resort is the close proximity of both parks and DTD. Everything is walkable and there is no need to worry about Disney Transportation to get from one park to another or to a resort. And because bag check happens before the main promenade area, there is no need for another round of zipper teeth attacks.

Providing you have a Park Hopper ticket, getting from one park to another is as simple as out one gate, stopping to get your hand stamped by a Cast Member, and walking across the promenade to the other gate. Once at the other gate, you pass your Park Hopper ticket through the feeder and walk through. If there is any regular Disneyland AP reader lurking on this TR, can you please tell me if the CM EVER checks the hand stamp?

Thanks to the clock at the railway station, I can tell you that we’d pretty much moved out of DCA and headed towards DL close on noon.

On first entry into Main Street I was again struck by the sheer amount of Pixie Dust excuses that was around Disneyland. Perhaps it was because it was off-season or because of the amount of change planned, it just didn’t seem like Disneyland to me. It was a complete reconstruction zone. Even the Castle was boarded up and the normal feeling of excitement that hits me when I look down Main Street to the Castle…well, there was an abnormal feeling of disappointment instead. Don’t get me wrong….I am always delighted to be at a Disney Park; no matter what state it is in…and I knew that there was reconstruction occurring – it has to happen sometime – but knowing that it is going on before you get into the Park and seeing it in reality are two completely different things. One you reason in your mind; the other you cannot reconcile with your heart. I haven’t told DH this but seeing the park in this state…I made a decision there and then to return after the 2012 CarsLand opening so that I could immerse myself in pure Disney magic again. At this point, I didn’t even have the heart to take any pictures…and I am so regretting that decision right now.

I reminded myself that this trip was going to be special, nevertheless. Thanks to franandaj, we had a lunch invitation at Club 33. To me, this was like finding the Holy Grail for Disneyland. Lunch was at 12.30 pm; so we had a bit of time up our sleeves.

Just as well we did…

Perhaps to make up for the over-Pixie Dusting excuses, there just seemed to be more characters out and about in the Main Square than normal.

And DS was in the mood to catch up with a couple of friends he hadn’t seen in a while.

I did mention that we had Bad Line Karma at LAX….well, it seemed like we had our allocation in the one hit there. We happened to be standing at exactly the right spot when the Mouse came (back) out….

…..and we were first in line for the meet and greet.

Mickey was suitably impressed with DS attire and attachment…

…and we all got in on the act for this family and friend photo.

DS then casually walked across the square and somehow managed to walk straight into the arms of an obliging Pluto.

We also saw the Queen of Hearts…and DS showed no interest in making her acquaintance; despite the fact that there was no one else arund.

I think maybe she was rather perplexed by his reaction.

I dashed into the Halls of President, in search of a presidential related photograph.

I wonder if my shot of Capital Dome would do instead?

By this stage, our window of opportunity for meandering slowly towards Club 33 was diminishing…

….but I still pushed the boys down Main Street for another one of those detours….

I know this one was on the list! I had noticed that stand-by wait time was 5 minutes; which meant that it was walk-on.

We waited for the crowd to disembark…

…before we got on.

Did I mention that I’m the reigning queen ...er...princess of this attraction in my family? And that my highest score is in the region of 665,000? This time, I was determined to shoot…..pictures!

As I was sitting behind the boys, I could see their scores. Even when we got round to the second Zurg, they still hadn’t broken 50K. I just couldn’t help myself at this point. I gave in, picked up the ray gun and fired off about 20 shots.

I still whooped the boys and maintained my Princess reign for this attraction with a score of over 275,000. The boys couldn’t believe it either….neither broke the 6 figure mark.

Score TWO to me!

We had just enough time left to grab FP for Indiana Jones on our way over to Club 33.

Up Next – Lunch at Club 33. Yes, that Club 33

(I make no apologies for the detailed account of my time at Club 33 and it is likely to cover a few posts…I took quite a few photos and thought you might be interested to see them. So, I’m gonna pause here and come back shortly with the next update, which I am still working on...Not too long now.)

Really looking forward to your Club 33 pics! You are a great photographer, and that's a place I'll never get to.

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 17/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #165
JH87
DIS Veteran

I am loving your TR!!! Great pictures! Can't wait to hear about Club 33!!!

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: