Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #106
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I heard that the entrance had changed, it's a shame that its not like the Disneyland one, they have Ariel and Lilo & Stitch in the different countries in their one.
That would be cute! We were watching the Disney Christmas parade yesterday and Demetri loved seeing the two different parks. He was constantly asking is that Disney World or Disneyland?? George was too funny - he still hesitates before he can answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hope you had a great Christmas!!
Thanks Amy, we had a wonderful Christmas and I hope yours was too!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #107
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I hope you and your family had a great Christmas!

A pickle barrel, huh? That sounds a bit

The 7 Dwarves picture is fantastic! It turned out just perfectly. And how nice that the CM's encouraged people to truly meet/interact with the Dwarves versus being rushed through!

I really like your Dumbo/Castle shot too, it completely sets the mood. Sorry to hear you missed the Castle lighting, I hope you got to see it later in the trip!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #108
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
That would be cute! We were watching the Disney Christmas parade yesterday and Demetri loved seeing the two different parks. He was constantly asking is that Disney World or Disneyland?? George was too funny - he still hesitates before he can answer!

Thanks Amy, we had a wonderful Christmas and I hope yours was too!
Some people really need to learn about Disney. They should teach this stuff in school. MK has Cinderella's castle, while DisneyLand has Sleeping Beauty's castle. They don't look much alike either.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 12-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #109
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Some people really need to learn about Disney. They should teach this stuff in school. MK has Cinderella's castle, while DisneyLand has Sleeping Beauty's castle. They don't look much alike either.
It can be hard to tell sometime if you don't see the castle in the shot.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 AM   #110
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Wow I got behind again! Your first day at MK looks fantastic you got so much done right away. Thats great Ariana got her hair done! I'm so happy for you that she's getting it done at the salon at home now too. Way to go

Looking at your pictures reminds me of our 2 trips that we went the same time as you and did the Christmas parties. I only had the disposable cameras back then and didn't get hardly any pictures. Now I take 2,000.

I love your pictures with the 7 dwarves. I never wanted to wait in that long line so all my pictures of the dwarves are with other peoples families!

I'm loving your report so far and can't wait to read more.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #111
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
If there wasn't a shot of the castle, I just looked at the host who introduced the scene. Also, the DisneyLand shots usually included a store front that said DisneyLand.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 12-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #112
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I hope you and your family had a great Christmas!

A pickle barrel, huh? That sounds a bit

The 7 Dwarves picture is fantastic! It turned out just perfectly. And how nice that the CM's encouraged people to truly meet/interact with the Dwarves versus being rushed through!

I really like your Dumbo/Castle shot too, it completely sets the mood. Sorry to hear you missed the Castle lighting, I hope you got to see it later in the trip!
We did have a great Christmas, thank you! I hope you did too

It was a lot of fun meeting the Dwarfs and yes, nice to not have to rush through. I was thinking of LL when I was trying to get the Dumbo shot .... not quite the same but I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Wow I got behind again! Your first day at MK looks fantastic you got so much done right away. Thats great Ariana got her hair done! I'm so happy for you that she's getting it done at the salon at home now too. Way to go

Looking at your pictures reminds me of our 2 trips that we went the same time as you and did the Christmas parties. I only had the disposable cameras back then and didn't get hardly any pictures. Now I take 2,000.

I love your pictures with the 7 dwarves. I never wanted to wait in that long line so all my pictures of the dwarves are with other peoples families!

I'm loving your report so far and can't wait to read more.
Ariana has definately found her inner diva lately She's loving getting dressed up and now getting her hair done....

Aren't digital cameras fantastic?? I still have to learn how to use mine better though.... I did the same thing with other characters we couldn't wait in line for. I have a really good Pirate Goofy with another family's little girl.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #113
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Quote:
If there wasn't a shot of the castle, I just looked at the host who introduced the scene. Also, the DisneyLand shots usually included a store front that said DisneyLand.
I would LOVE to have a class in school just on Disney. I'd go to night school for that.

Demetri didn't always see the Castle when he asked, nor did he even wait to see it, he'd just ask. What made me laugh was George having to look for the differences. After five trips, he still occasionally tells people tips on what to do at Disneyland.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #114
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
What made me laugh was George having to look for the differences. After five trips, he still occasionally tells people tips on what to do at Disneyland.
my family does that all the time too, I have to yell IT'S NOT LAND IT'S WORLD

I still don't think they get the difference

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #115
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

My DH always calls it Disneyland too. Yesterday he told me a neighbor was leaving for "Disneyland" today, and I siad land or world, and he said ahhhh world. He just can't get it right for some reason.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #116
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
my family does that all the time too, I have to yell IT'S NOT LAND IT'S WORLD

I still don't think they get the difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My DH always calls it Disneyland too. Yesterday he told me a neighbor was leaving for "Disneyland" today, and I siad land or world, and he said ahhhh world. He just can't get it right for some reason.
Too funny. George would rather say 'Florida' or 'California' than Disney World or Disneyland.

I'm posting an update shortly but I wanted to say a quick HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone first. May 2011 find you healthy and happy all the year through!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #117
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Happy New Year to you too Tracy!! Hope 2011 brings many good memories, love, and happiness to you and your family!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #119
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Happy New Year to you too Tracy!! Hope 2011 brings many good memories, love, and happiness to you and your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Thanks ladies!!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #120
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Sunday, November 28th
Day 2 – MK Day & Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Day
Weather: high of 77 degrees, low of 53 degrees
What we wore: pants and t-shirts

As we left the Seven Dwarfs Mine, we realized we hadn’t eaten anything since Ohana that morning and though I didn’t want to lose precious MVMCP time, I admitted we needed to grab something quickly. We checked which counter service places were open with the CM guarding the exit and made a quick decision to head over to Pecos Bills. And so George’s love affair with the Pickle Barrel began! He loved this counter service but for the life of him, he could never remember its name and so he deemed it the Pickle Barrel. The toppings bar, specifically the fried onions, was what made it his place of choice. So much so that for the entire trip, our old favorite Cosmic Ray’s – never made it there! There was no correcting him on the name. He just couldn’t remember so the Pickle Barrel it was.

Trying to eat as quickly as we could, we studied the map to see where we should head next. I really wanted to see as many characters we hadn’t met before as we could…. not an idea that went over well with George. Though he’d wanted to wait in line for the Dwarfs while the rest of us toured Fantasyland, he wasn’t too keen on doing that the rest of the night. Course, he didn’t pipe up and say anything at that point, so onto Toon Town we went to meet the Princesses with their respective Princes. When playing, Ariana always matches her Princess dolls up with a Prince and has them dance together. I knew she’d love it and I was really looking forward to her meeting them. Looking at the map during dinner, we saw we’d have to criss-cross the park quite a bit to do the things we wanted to do and we wondered if the WDW train was going. That would have been perfect to just hop onto the train where we were at the Pickle Barrel and get off in Toon Town. We checked with a CM and she said it was going for the party so we headed off to the station. Unfortunately when we got there, a sign said it was closed for the night so with a bit of grumbling for a bit of wasted time, we headed off by foot through Fantasyland.

Going back past the Dwarfs, the line was incredibly long and the crowds outside Small World and Peter Pan were just insane. It felt like a mad dash to get to Toon Town and heading past the Carousel and around the Speedway, it was starting to wear our patience a little thin bobbing and weaving amongst people. Reaching the Judge’s Tent, the line for the Princesses showed a 15 minute wait. Bonus! That wasn’t bad at all considering how crowded everywhere else seemed to be. Despite the crowds and close quarters with everyone, Ariana seemed to be hanging in there OK so we didn’t request special assistance from a CM. A television was playing snippets of movies right where we’d stopped in line so while no one was behind us, Ariana had the freedom to dance around without disturbing anyone.

After twenty minutes of not moving at all, Ariana was becoming increasingly agitated and we soon realized we’d need the CM’s assistance after all. We were taken to the exit and after a short wait were led into the room to line up for our turn. A quick look around and we noticed Snow White and her Prince were not there. Ariana was too happy to seem to notice and when it was her turn, she hugged everyone so tightly! She loved meeting each Prince and Demetri loved the extra attention he was getting too.

First was Aurora and her Prince Philip.

Then Belle and the Beast in their Christmas best!

This time Demetri wasn’t afraid of the Beast and got right in there for a hug. He did stick close to Belle though for the rest of the pictures!

Next was Cinderella and her Prince Charming and we intentionally held Ariana back for a moment to let Demetri go first. He was thoroughly enjoying himself with each character and we wanted to give him a bit of time to have a meet before Ariana would join him and completely take over. Cinderella and the Prince were just chatting up a storm with Demetri asking him all about his pins and he was loving it!

Ariana then joined and they asked her about a few of her pins before posing away.

All throughout the character meets, I was frequently glancing at George trying to gauge his patience level. He loves to see the kids interact with the characters and understands how much they love to meet them, he just doesn’t like AT ALL waiting in line for them and considers it a giant waste of time. I thought all was fine seeing the smiles beaming from his face, but once we left the greet area and were trying to decide where to head next, his temper flared through at the suggestion of trying to meet the Toy Story characters.

Demetri had asked to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway since we were right there but I’d been unsuccessfully trying to explain to him that we had lots of time to come back to the Speedway on another day but that the Christmas Party was only on tonight. George baulked at the character suggestion, overruled me and off we headed to the Tomorrowland Speedway leaving me annoyed. Wasn’t I the planner extraordinaire of these trips? The “as long as I have a good steak honey, you plan all you want” person? Humphf and a bah humbug to you too!

I stewed a bit longer in a car of my own and only took one picture in protest, lol.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST......

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 12-31-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: