Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #91
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
I agree. We went to Toon town since that was the only place designated on the map as having characters. Not sure why the Dwarves weren't listed as a character meeting place. By the time I got there saw the Princesses I asked where the Dwarves were. I was a bit annoyed that they weren't displayed on the map since I went through FantasyLand to get to ToonTown, I wasn't that far from the Dwarves. By the time I got to the Dwarves the line was rediculous. I even checked after the second parade since it looked like 125,000,000 people left after the Fireworks, and another 250,000,000 people left after the parade I thought it would be empty. No such luck.
I didn't even realize they weren't on the map! I knew from the DIS they were going to be in the stroller area right at 7pm.

That explains why the guy behind George in line was so impressed we were there early. While the rest of us were off on Fantasyland rides, he'd asked George how he knew the Dwarfs would be there and George told him I was on "a board or something". When I got back and said it was the DIS boards the guy nodded knowingly and said he was with Tour Guide Mike.

George thought he was Mike.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #92
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love the dwarves picture. That is awesome
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #93
jerlove
Hello

Mickey Mom.... I am so excited I started reading your report and instantly recognized your family.

I have not read past your first post so not sure if you have told the story yet but my family was on the stairs in Canada with you for Illuminations when the inconsiderate person decided to put his child on his shoulders blocking the view for all of us. I love what your hubby did it was priceless but I will not let the cat out of the bag and allow you to save that for your story.

This is the first time in the last 3 years that I have been reading these boards that I saw someone's trip report that I saw in the parks

And we are all from Canada.
Jan 12-CBR
Nov 12-POR
Jan 15- AKL and BC

Last edited by jerlove; 12-23-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #94
patches07
DIS Veteran

Love the Dwarfs picture

Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #95
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love the dwarves picture. That is awesome
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlove View Post
Mickey Mom.... I am so excited I started reading your report and instantly recognized your family.

I have not read past your first post so not sure if you have told the story yet but my family was on the stairs in Canada with you for Illuminations when the inconsiderate person decided to put his child on his shoulders blocking the view for all of us. I love what your hubby did it was priceless but I will not let the cat out of the bag and allow you to save that for your story.

This is the first time in the last 3 years that I have been reading these boards that I saw someone's trip report that I saw in the parks

And we are all from Canada.
NO WAY!!!! Hello there and !!!

I haven't told the story yet but I can't WAIT to share it -- we laughed all night about it and he still gets an evil grin when we bring it up. How awesome is it that you found me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches07 View Post
Love the Dwarfs picture
Thanks!! And !! Glad you're following along!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #96
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh man, those people at the Haunted Mansion that loudly talk along with the spiel are annoying........

...........wait, I think it was me........nope, we weren't there yet!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #97
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh man, those people at the Haunted Mansion that loudly talk along with the spiel are annoying........

...........wait, I think it was me........nope, we weren't there yet!
Nah, they weren't annoying. Honestly I couldn't figure out at first why I was hearing an 'echo' - that's why I was distracted. It did actually make me listen a bit more.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #98
jerlove
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Thanks!!

NO WAY!!!! Hello there and !!!

I haven't told the story yet but I can't WAIT to share it -- we laughed all night about it and he still gets an evil grin when we bring it up. How awesome is it that you found me???

Thanks!! And !! Glad you're following along!
I was the bigger guy standing in front of the stroller who thanked you for saying something to him. Not sure if you remember me or not. My wife was sitting on the stairs in front of the stroller and my oldest was trying his best not to fall asleep beside her.
Jan 12-CBR
Nov 12-POR
Jan 15- AKL and BC

Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #99
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #100
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlove View Post
I was the bigger guy standing in front of the stroller who thanked you for saying something to him. Not sure if you remember me or not. My wife was sitting on the stairs in front of the stroller and my oldest was trying his best not to fall asleep beside her.
I do remember! I told George earlier today about your post and he laughed with the memory. Small world eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Heidi that's awesome! Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #101
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I bought this shirt in green!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #102
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay! I love POTC!!! I still can't believe that it took us four trips before we rode it!

Your Splash Mountain picture turned out great!!!! So cool that you were able to find Mr. Toad at the HM. Hmmm....I still haven't found him yet.

Wow! Beautiful pic of Dumbo, the Carousel and the Castle!! It would make a great screensaver!!

So glad that you got to meet the seven dwarfs. DH would be so jealous! He's been wanting to meet them since our first trip!! Love the picture!!!

If I don't get a chance to pop back in.... Merry Christmas!!!!

Old 12-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #103
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I bought this shirt in green!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay! I love POTC!!! I still can't believe that it took us four trips before we rode it!

Your Splash Mountain picture turned out great!!!! So cool that you were able to find Mr. Toad at the HM. Hmmm....I still haven't found him yet.

Wow! Beautiful pic of Dumbo, the Carousel and the Castle!! It would make a great screensaver!!

So glad that you got to meet the seven dwarfs. DH would be so jealous! He's been wanting to meet them since our first trip!! Love the picture!!!

If I don't get a chance to pop back in.... Merry Christmas!!!!
That Splash Mountain picture is definately another favorite and you so have to meet the Dwarfs, they were a lot of fun.

Merry Christmas to you too Angie!! All the best for the New Year!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #104
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Just the line up. Oh and the clock I took a picture of. We didn't remember that, was it always there?

We were thrown because where we usually go for the alternate entrance was now the area for the regular lines. We were going to stick it out and wait but Ariana started to become agitated and a bit disruptive so we turned around to ask a CM where to go. Basically the lines reversed but I didn't notice any other changes.
I heard that the entrance had changed, it's a shame that its not like the Disneyland one, they have Ariel and Lilo & Stitch in the different countries in their one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: