Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #76
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
WE have to sleep in too. Well not me, but my other 2 do. LOL!

I love the Move it shake it parade too. Last trip we saw it a few times and really enjoyed it. I have a thing for parades. I think years ago when I tiik my older 2, we never once saw a parade, and now we make it a priority when we go. Espeically the AK one. I LOVE that one.
The window decorations are beautiful. I wish I could've been there to see them in person.
I love stopping for the parades too. We used to plan them in firm to our days but then seemed to get away from them for a bit. Its been a while for some of them, they'll feel brand new again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I love it! It's what works best for your family.
It does So much will be new for me on the Spectrum Moms trip -- early mornings, park hopping, tiaras
Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #77
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Sunday, November 28th
Day 2 – MK Day & Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Day
Weather: high of 77 degrees, low of 53 degrees
What we wore: pants and t-shirts

What is it about Pirates of the Caribbean that I like so much? The easy drifting boat ride? The dip at the beginning I always forget about? The fact that I find a new detail everytime I ride? Or maybe it’s a secret wish that Johnny Depp would walk out of one of the scenes and finish the ride next to me on the boat? Hee hee.

Our boat stopped a few times and a few people were taking flash pictures. No one minded so I snuck in two myself. Shhhh!

The dump shop for Pirates is usually a store we like to look around in at least a little bit, but after just a quick sword fight…..

…. we moved on towards Splash Mountain – it was next in our circle!

One small problem. As we went past the drop point, Demetri noticed a boat was sitting up at the top not going anywhere. Can you imagine getting all the way to that part of the ride and coming to a halt? I would think it wouldn’t be any fun to climb out of the boat and make your way back down. We double checked by approaching the CM standing at the entrance and yes, the ride was currently down so we moved on to Big Thunder Mountain.

A blast as usual!

Splash was back up and running so we headed over.

Ariana’s princess hair before…..

…. and after

I LOVE this bootleg picture of our first Splash ride. Huge smiles all around, Demetri looks absolutely thrilled and even Kathryn has a touch of oh-my-gawrsh on her face.

Can you believe this is our fifth trip but only the first time I have these pictures?

Approaching Columbia Harbour House, I renewed my request to eat here sometime on this vacation. It was a little early for dinner yet though so we moved on, but not before the bell ringer outside the place let the kids ring the bell. Personally, I’m not sure how long I’d be able to stand there and ring a bell all day long.

Moving on to the Haunted Mansion, the lines were moving steady so for the first time we didn’t use the GAC to go through the alternate access.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 12-23-2010 at 07:06 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #78
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Of course it figures we’d get to the front of the line and they closed the doors but luckily Ariana was OK with the short wait.

When it was our turn we headed through to the stretching room where the familiar spiel started. There was a couple standing right next to us that were reciting the lines right along – loudly. Very loudly. Gotta say, it was really distracting but they were having fun, so whatever.

My first time finding Mr. Toad!

Making our way to Fantasyland, we got in line for Peter Pan’s flight but it too had broken down so we crossed over instead to It’s a Small World.

Notice the time? We didn’t.

There is just one moon and one golden sun…. (The where were we sneak peak picture!)

These have always been my favorites.

Gotta get the traditional photo of the greek “goodbye”.

Peter Pan was back up and running so we hopped on for a quick visit to Neverland….

Ariana and I rode together and we had such fun putting our arms out as if we were flying!

As we departed Peter Pan, we realized it was very close to the time to start lining up for the Seven Dwarfs character meet. All the strollers had already been moved out of the stroller parking area to get it ready and we’d been planning on lining up at 6pm to be one of the first to meet them at 7pm. The Dwarfs were a must do and then we’d have the rest of the night to do anything else in the party we could get to.

One problem with this plan. We hadn’t yet gotten our party wristbands and after a quick check with a CM on where to go to get them, she let us know we couldn’t wait in line for the Dwarfs without having them and everyone in our group had to go to the designated area to get them. In other words, we had to boot it from Peter Pan’s Flight to Stitch’s Great Escape and back before we could get in line.

First super important thing forgotten!

So off we went to get our wristbands. I liked the system they’d set up designed to keep the lines moving and they had several CMs that quickly put the bracelets on you once you’d confirmed earlier in the line you had purchased tickets. Heading back to Fantasyland, we got in a line that had maybe ten people in front of us…..

George volunteered to stay in line while the rest of us headed back out for some more rides – no sense all six of us waiting an hour – and he liked having the quick rest time to himself. We headed on over to Dumbo and I opted out so the kids could ride together.

Standing in the exit waiting, I had another moment to myself when I just looked all around me with a wistful smile on my face soaking everything in. I tried to get all artsy and snap a picture of the Castle in the background of the Carousel….

But I wasn’t quite satisfied with the picture and zoomed out to try and include the Dumbo’s ‘zooming’ by in the shot.

I got what ended up to be one of my favorite shots but soon realized the Castle had significantly changed in the moments it took me to zoom out and snap another picture. We’d missed the Castle lighting! I’d completely forgotten about it. Waaaa! I sucked it up knowing there were to be other MK days.

Time to introduce one more new ride to Kathryn before heading back to rejoin George in line, and we chose Mickey’s Philharmagic. The next show was just starting and as we ran through the queue section we paused long enough for one quick pic….

….. before running straight into the theatre to sit down. I LOVE Philharmagic. We softly sing along and reach out for the jewels. We laughingly jump at the champagne corks and smell the delicious smells. Always a favorite!

Heading back to the Dwarfs meet, I got out the Santa hats for the kids and we all eagerly awaited seeing the characters.

Ariana was beside herself with excitement and after a short wait, out they came. In character they took their time getting all set up and I took a few test shots with my camera to see which setting worked best. I really, really wanted this picture but nothing seemed to be working. It was finally our turn and the kids moved in to say hello to each of them. Time for the photo..... and I couldn’t be happier. My absolute favorite picture from the entire trip!

We spent an inordinate amount of time visiting the Dwarfs at the CMs encouragement. George and I moved in for a picture too but the person who used my camera unfortunately didn’t focus first so we’re waiting for the Photopass pics to come in for that one. It takes a long time for six people to meet seven Dwarfs but we loved every moment of it.

Next up - Just what exactly is the pickle barrel? You want to ride what ride right now? And what does it take to make six people breathless? Hope you continue along…. for now, here’s a sneak peak at my next update.

Please proceed toward final boarding….. See you then!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #79
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

AAwwwww....what a great update!!! YAY for meeting the 7 dwarves!! That is so cool and you are right that is a great picture!!!!!

Your Dumbo and Castle picture is gorgeous!!! Very nice!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #80
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Love the Dwarfs pic!!! Nice job with the flash shots on pirates! I took a lot in there but only a few turned out good

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #81
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I KNOW WHERE THAT IS! Hahaha. Would you believe I never get to play the game? I finally got to play today, it was fun!

I never met the Dwarves either, for all the parties that I went to. Your shot turned out great, that's a wonderful photo.

Also, I went down Main Street yesterday and looked at the Scrooge windows - they're really cool!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #82
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Awesome pic with the dwarfs! We only got to meet Snow White and the Prince when we went.

I am guessing you are heading to Space Mountain next...
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #83
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Great update

Love the Dwarfs pic, so cute

Did you notice any changes to IASW? It was closed when we were there and me and Dave were wondering if they had added subtle Disney Characters to the line up
Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #84
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Our boat stopped a few times and a few people were taking flash pictures. No one minded so I snuck in two myself. Shhhh!
You aren't allowed to take flash pictures? Oops, hope the Mickey Photo Police don't come knocking on my door.
I took a picture in the Monster's Inc. Laugh Factory before the show started of the cylinder and had a CM come up and tell me pictures weren't allowed. He was nice about it, I had no idea. But I got the picture I wanted, nothing else in there is really photo worthy anyway.

Quote:
Doesn't she know how a bell works?

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #85
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm so jealous you got to meet the 7 Dwarfs! That was one thing I really wanted to do, until of course our party plans disappeared and we didn't go, but there is always next time! I can't wait until Olivia hits the magical 40 inch mark and can ride BTMRR and Splash! I love your bootlegged pic, everyone looks so excited!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #86
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

GREAT update!!! The Christmas party seems like so much fun! I really want to get there during the Christmas season one of these years.

Sorry you missed the castle lighting - I would have been bummed, but hopefully you got to see it later in the week.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #87
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
AAwwwww....what a great update!!! YAY for meeting the 7 dwarves!! That is so cool and you are right that is a great picture!!!!!

Your Dumbo and Castle picture is gorgeous!!! Very nice!!!
Thank you! I bought a really nice frame and have the Dwarfs picture hanging in my office at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Love the Dwarfs pic!!! Nice job with the flash shots on pirates! I took a lot in there but only a few turned out good
Thanks! I was in line for a better Pirates shot at the end there when Jack is singing, but our boat suddenly jerked forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I KNOW WHERE THAT IS! Hahaha. Would you believe I never get to play the game? I finally got to play today, it was fun!

I never met the Dwarves either, for all the parties that I went to. Your shot turned out great, that's a wonderful photo.

Also, I went down Main Street yesterday and looked at the Scrooge windows - they're really cool!
The games ARE fun! A lot of times people weren't moving forward because they were still playing. (Including us once or twice!)

Oh you so have to meet the Dwarfs if you can.... they were fun and it makes a really great picture.

So jealous you can just go down Main Street whenever you want to. How soon after your home are you booking your next trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Awesome pic with the dwarfs! We only got to meet Snow White and the Prince when we went.

I am guessing you are heading to Space Mountain next...
Thanks! The Prince was on my objective list too.

Good guess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update

Love the Dwarfs pic, so cute

Did you notice any changes to IASW? It was closed when we were there and me and Dave were wondering if they had added subtle Disney Characters to the line up
Just the line up. Oh and the clock I took a picture of. We didn't remember that, was it always there?

We were thrown because where we usually go for the alternate entrance was now the area for the regular lines. We were going to stick it out and wait but Ariana started to become agitated and a bit disruptive so we turned around to ask a CM where to go. Basically the lines reversed but I didn't notice any other changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
You aren't allowed to take flash pictures? Oops, hope the Mickey Photo Police don't come knocking on my door.
I took a picture in the Monster's Inc. Laugh Factory before the show started of the cylinder and had a CM come up and tell me pictures weren't allowed. He was nice about it, I had no idea. But I got the picture I wanted, nothing else in there is really photo worthy anyway.
Ahhh, you're one of those people are you?

The first time we were in the Laugh Floor I wanted to take a picture, without the flash, of George up on the screen but I too had the same friendly request from a CM. It must be the technology they use - they don't want anything revealed to chip away at the magic.

Quote:
Doesn't she know how a bell works?
She does. She's always wanting to see every part of objects like that and would take it apart if she could too. The CM chuckled when she did that and told us almost every single person that rings the bell always tips it up and looks underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
Great update! I'm so jealous you got to meet the 7 Dwarfs! That was one thing I really wanted to do, until of course our party plans disappeared and we didn't go, but there is always next time! I can't wait until Olivia hits the magical 40 inch mark and can ride BTMRR and Splash! I love your bootlegged pic, everyone looks so excited!
I'm sorry you had to change your plans like that but yay for next time! How much longer for Olivia to grow? We totally used that as motivation to Demetri to eat all his vegetables!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
GREAT update!!! The Christmas party seems like so much fun! I really want to get there during the Christmas season one of these years.

Sorry you missed the castle lighting - I would have been bummed, but hopefully you got to see it later in the week.
Next time around Christmas, I'm absolutely going to two parties. There's just too many things I want to do! I really hope you get there - soon!

We had two more days at MK to see the Castle lighting so while I was giving my head an imaginary 'doh!' slap at the time, I wasn't too disappointed.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #88
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

[QUOTE=Mickey_Mom;39292984]Next time around Christmas, I'm absolutely going to two parties. There's just too many things I want to do! I really hope you get there - soon!QUOTE]

Two parties is a great, albeit expensive idea.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 12-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #89
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Two parties is a great, albeit expensive idea.
Yeah, very true. But seriously, we were criss crossing the park several times just to get to things and there was a LOT we didn't do. I'd rather shell out the extra bucks and enjoy myself much more.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #90
Daddy_of_Princesses

Quote:
Yeah, very true. But seriously, we were criss crossing the park several times just to get to things and there was a LOT we didn't do. I'd rather shell out the extra bucks and enjoy myself much more.
I agree. We went to Toon town since that was the only place designated on the map as having characters. Not sure why the Dwarves weren't listed as a character meeting place. By the time I got there saw the Princesses I asked where the Dwarves were. I was a bit annoyed that they weren't displayed on the map since I went through FantasyLand to get to ToonTown, I wasn't that far from the Dwarves. By the time I got to the Dwarves the line was rediculous. I even checked after the second parade since it looked like 125,000,000 people left after the Fireworks, and another 250,000,000 people left after the parade I thought it would be empty. No such luck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: