Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #61
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

OK, I'm in. Read all the PTR's now I get to read all of the TR's.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #62
20thingamabobs
DIS Veteran

Aw, I'm so glad Ariana got her hair cut! I hope she lets you have it cut at home now too!
Past Trips:Summer '87: Don't know the details - I was one..., Summer '90: CBR, Summer '95: Dixie Landings, Summer '00: Dixie Landings, Summer '03: AKL, August '05: Offsite, March '07: POR, March '08: POFQ, May '08: SSR, October '08: ASSp, March '09: POFQ, April '10: Poly, June '10: ASMo, November/December '10: CSR, January '11: BLT, March '11: Offsite/Disney Dream/Boardwalk, May '11: AKL-Kidani, DL Sept '12: Offsite, Sept/Oct '11: ASMu, Dec '11: Offsite, WDW Jan '12: Caribbean Beach , DL Jan '12: Offsite, Feb '12: Beach Club , May '12: AKL, June '12: 1 Day Disneymoon, Sept '12: offsite, Oct '12: Pop, Dec '12: Offsite, DL Jan '13: GC, Feb '13: PO-R
Upcoming Trips:WDW July '13, DL Sept '13: GC

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #63
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Great Update!!! That parade always seems to pop up whenever I enter MK too.

That's great that she let them do her hair and she looked beautiful!!!
Thanks The 'princess hair' reference seemed to be the trick we needed - I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh, the princess hair was so cute! I totally wish I could do that with mine!
The sparkles and confetti were so much fun for her. Little bits fell out here and there but they lasted the rest of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
Another awesome update! So glad to hear that Ariana went through with her haircut!!!! It's amazing what Disney will do to/for a child! Would you believe that in all the time we have spent at MK we have never seen the Move it Shake it Celebrate it parade either?! I think we have only seen the 3:00 parade once! Doesn't it feel great to finally get that first ride of a trip in? After that ride I really feel like the trip has begun. Can't wait to see what else the first full day had in store for you guys!
I'm so glad we went thru with the appointment! If you remember from my PTR, I'd considered it when I first heard the Barbershop was taking appointments but then decided against it, only to change my mind again when I saw on another PTR they'd booked it. I took Ariana this weekend to a salon to see if she'd do it again -- and she did!!

I'm glad the parade popped up when it did, otherwise we may have missed it again this trip. I think we saw the end of it one more time. It's fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great update! Glad to see the hair cut went well!!!
I was super close to tearing up when she sat in the chair like a 'big girl'. Huge step for her and something I wouldn't have thought possible not that long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT WOOT!!!! YAY for Arianna getting her haircut, her hair looked gorgeous!!

I love all the window decorations!!! Mickey's Christmas Carol was one of my favorite movies of all time!!!

Jungle Cruise is such a great ride!!!!
I kept telling her how beautiful she was.... The window decorations were very cool - parts moved too, like when he was sitting in the chair and ghost Goofy was visiting, he was shivering in the chair from fright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay!! Another great update!! I love all the Christmas decorations at MK!! They are sooooo pretty!!

Wow! I can't believe all that you saw...and you just arrived. So glad that you got to see the Move it Shake it Celebrate it parade!!! Wasn't it cute?

I'm so happy that Ariana decided to get her haircut! It turned out so good!! She looks like a princess!!

You got some really amazing pictures!! The boys looked at them with me and they were oohing and ahhing. I (we) can't wait to see and read more!!!
I'm estatic she lets the professionals do her hair now! Hey I'm glad you guys enjoyed the pictures. I've got TONS more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Nice update. Even though you only got in one ride so far it sure seems like got to see a lot! Looking forward to more!
That's pretty much how we felt too, we'd done so much already but had only gone on one ride. We definately had an emphasis on character meets this trip, much to George's grumbling displeasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Your welcome, hope the coins didn't break or break the card

Finally up to date, sorry it took so long.

I lol'd at George wanting to make detours, didn't he do something similar on your last trip when he went to get the rental car?

Loving all your photos, looks like you had a blast at Ohana too, Stitch is so much fun isn't he

Loving MK all decked out for Christmas, esp the Christmas Carol window display, so cool

Looking forward to more
Last year worked out well when George got the rental car from the airport instead of Magically Expressing in, but he did get lost then too.

Stitch is a lot of fun, one of our favorites to meet. We had a chance meeting with him on another MK day and he pulled a stunt that had the entire line laughing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Yay for Arianna & her princess hair!!

The Christmas Carol windows are great!! And Santa looks so tan!
Santa was awesome. In Alex's picture he's laughing -- Santa was telling us stories of all the big burly guys he's had on his knee over the years. Alex had been concerned he would be a bit heavy, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
OK, I'm in. Read all the PTR's now I get to read all of the TR's.
Helloooo and Now we all get to relive our trips -- can't wait to read yours too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thingamabobs View Post
Aw, I'm so glad Ariana got her hair cut! I hope she lets you have it cut at home now too!
She does and I couldn't be more thrilled! The hairdresser was wonderful with her and kept praising her for doing so well.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #64
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Your MK day was awesome, you sure had some pixie dust hitting Santa, the parade, and the castle show so quickly.

I am so happy Ariana let the barbershop cut her hair . It looks great!

We love the Jungle Cruise, I am really enjoying your pictures they are so vibrant!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #65
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Great start to your trip! Ohana breakfast sounds fabulous and delicious!! Woo hoo for Ariana going through with the haircut!!! She looks so beautiful!!!

I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet up! But with all the drama that surrounded our trip it was probably best! I wouldn't want you to have met the cranky me
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #66
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Would you believe that I've never noticed the window decorations? I think I'll go early before work tomorrow and check them out.

I love the princess hair! It looks great.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #67
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Your MK day was awesome, you sure had some pixie dust hitting Santa, the parade, and the castle show so quickly.

I am so happy Ariana let the barbershop cut her hair . It looks great!

We love the Jungle Cruise, I am really enjoying your pictures they are so vibrant!
We'd been so far behind starting at 'Ohana, it was great to get all those things done so quickly. Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! I was having some early problems with my camera -- I have to learn how to take night shots better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Great start to your trip! Ohana breakfast sounds fabulous and delicious!! Woo hoo for Ariana going through with the haircut!!! She looks so beautiful!!!

I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet up! But with all the drama that surrounded our trip it was probably best! I wouldn't want you to have met the cranky me
Hey Melissa! Thanks for the compliments -- I think she's beautiful too!

Uh oh... drama eh? Next time for sure!!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #68
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Would you believe that I've never noticed the window decorations? I think I'll go early before work tomorrow and check them out.

I love the princess hair! It looks great.
Hey Danica! Really? They're really cool!

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #69
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

All caught up now - wonderful start! Your family sounds like mine - we love to sleep in and often find ourselves rushing to the 10 am breakfasts. However, some of that has changed this past year since our little one likes to wake up early now. I'd rather be rushing and late and well-slept.

BIG CHEERS for Airana!!!!!! I bet you were grinning ear to ear!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #70
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What wonderful updates!

I am cracking up over the characters lifting up Simba and then Pluto putting him in his mouth!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #71
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
All caught up now - wonderful start! Your family sounds like mine - we love to sleep in and often find ourselves rushing to the 10 am breakfasts. However, some of that has changed this past year since our little one likes to wake up early now. I'd rather be rushing and late and well-slept.

BIG CHEERS for Airana!!!!!! I bet you were grinning ear to ear!
I'm going to have to seriously rethink the breakfasts next trip. We had a few late nights to start and it seemed we never really caught up after that.

I totally had a goofy grin the entire time Ariana was getting her haircut. I was kinda half waiting for her to change her mind part way through ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What wonderful updates!

I am cracking up over the characters lifting up Simba and then Pluto putting him in his mouth!
That was definately the running theme for the whole trip. She frequently would ask them to kiss Baby Simba too.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #72
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

10 am breakfast? Geez, by 10 we had already eaten breakfast and rode a few rides. The parks were pretty empty in the mornings.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 12-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #73
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
10 am breakfast? Geez, by 10 we had already eaten breakfast and rode a few rides. The parks were pretty empty in the mornings.
Are they? I wouldn't know, never seen them.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #74
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

WE have to sleep in too. Well not me, but my other 2 do. LOL!

I love the Move it shake it parade too. Last trip we saw it a few times and really enjoyed it. I have a thing for parades. I think years ago when I tiik my older 2, we never once saw a parade, and now we make it a priority when we go. Espeically the AK one. I LOVE that one.
The window decorations are beautiful. I wish I could've been there to see them in person.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #75
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Are they? I wouldn't know, never seen them.
I love it! It's what works best for your family.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: