Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #31
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Wow! You are on the ball! Joining in now so I don't miss anything!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #32
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Wow! You are on the ball! Joining in now so I don't miss anything!
Helloooo! !! Can't wait to hear all about yours too
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #33
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Sunday, November 28th
Day 2 – MK Day & Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Day
Weather: high of 77 degrees, low of 53 degrees
What we wore: pants and t-shirts

My family is lazy. We enjoy sleeping in too much to have ever been to a rope drop and this trip was no exception. As a matter of fact, we were worse this time. I’d booked any breakfast ADRs we had around 10am to give us ample time to get there, but even still, we were always rushing and several times we were late. That sometimes resulted in us waiting a long time to be seated and then threw off our schedules for the rest of the day. You’d think we’d learn after the first time……..

In the planning stages of this trip, I’d asked the kids what one meal they most wanted to go to, and unanimously it was ‘Ohana Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. We’ve been every trip and is hands down our favorite. You arrive on the monorail, the Poly is gorgeous, Stitch is Alex’s favorite character, Demetri loves playing with Pluto, Ariana loves to march in the parade to Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride and we all love the yummy ‘Ohana juice – what more could we ask for? Well to arrive on time for one thing.

Leaving our room that morning, I took a few shots of our finished window decorations. I’d had to pick up a pair of scissors in our Walmart jaunt the night before to cut out the do-it-yourself window clings I’d created. The gel clings were super cool and the holly berries looked like little red Mickey heads ….

A quick trip across the parking lot to the bus area ….. (look at Ariana’s hair *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* for later!)

and a monorail ride…..

George went to check us in while the kids and I wandered.

The ‘Ohana photographer was very sweet and gave Baby Simba his own lei while we lined up to have our photo taken.

I handed my camera to the second photographer and asked if they’d mind using it to take our picture and she answered, “Sure, no problem” then proceeded to place it down on the nearby bar and not use it. Oh well. We were led to our table and our server brought out the bread, coffee, juice and breakfast platter.

(The where were we sneak peak picture!)

Soon, the parade began and as soon as Ariana heard the song, she was off. Demetri on the other hand suddenly got a case of nerves and said he only wanted to go if Alex came with him. By the time we got organized to go, the parade was done and he’d missed it.

Through the course of the meal we didn’t see any characters going around and we began to worry we’d miss them. Our server reassured us they were coming but it wasn’t until forty minutes had gone by that finally they came around our corner one by one. They were fabulous as usual once we met them – we always have a lot of fun at ‘Ohana, but from being seated to the last character visiting us, it was an hour and a half.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.......

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 12-21-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #34
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Pluto completely enveloped Demetri in a hug and as usual delighted us all by how he signs the autograph books.

Ariana then handed him Baby Simba and gestured for him to elevate him in the air (she did this throughout the trip and it was hysterical to watch the characters catch on and understand what she wanted them to do) --- well Pluto had other ideas in mind and instead Baby Simba went straight into his mouth and cracked us up.

Next was Stitch’s visit and the obligatory Simba lift….

Then Lilo with a lift…

hug….

and a kiss for Alex….

Lastly, Mickey gave us his autograph, hugs, Simba lift…..

….. and a kiss from Kathryn!

A fun breakfast to be sure, but it was already lunch time and we hadn’t hit the park yet! Since we'd been there so long another parade started and this time Demetri went with Alex along with Ariana. We had so many things we wanted to do before the MVMCP started at 7pm and we still had Ariana’s haircut appointment for 2pm at the Harmony Barbershop. Readers from my PTR will remember but for the benefit of new followers – Ariana has never allowed anyone to cut her hair. I’m not a hair dresser by any stretch of the imagination and it took her a long time to let me do it, but I trim her hair regularly and once gave her a really cute layered cut when I got the nerve to try it.

Anyway, I’d let it grow out a bit leading up to this trip and we figured if she let anyone do it, it’d be at Disney World. Then with the ice broken so to speak, perhaps she’d finally let salons do it at home. So throughout the morning we’d occasionally ask her if she wanted to have “princess hair” and she’d quickly answer ‘yes’.

Was that enough to convince her? What was the Magic Kingdom all decked out for Christmas like? Hope you continue along on my TR…. for now, here’s a sneak peak at my next update.

Is this the front or back of water? See you then!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #35
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

We're trying Ohana for the first time in April - but not for breakfast... Breakfast is definitely on my list for another trip though. I love the pictures of the characters holding Simba up in the air!

Can't wait to hear about the barber shop!!

By the way - I love how you put the weather & what you wore at the beginning of the post!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #36
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Mmmm, Ohana juice is really the best. Makes me happy.

Can't wait for your next update. I love the backside of water!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #37
disneybound31
DIS Veteran

Great job so far!!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #38
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
We're trying Ohana for the first time in April - but not for breakfast... Breakfast is definitely on my list for another trip though. I love the pictures of the characters holding Simba up in the air!

Can't wait to hear about the barber shop!!

By the way - I love how you put the weather & what you wore at the beginning of the post!
I'd love to try Ohana dinner but George is not remotely interested. We had so much fun with Baby Simba this trip... and soon, Baby Simba gains a new relative.

I spent a lot of time surfing TRs trying to find what to expect weather wise for this trip and I figure if someone is going to read my TR for the same reason, I'd try to make it a little easier. In the end, it's all relative to where you're from and what you're personally comfortable with anyway. Us Canadians were very comfortable in hoodies when it was chillier but Californian's for example were bundled up in parkas and toques!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Mmmm, Ohana juice is really the best. Makes me happy.

Can't wait for your next update. I love the backside of water!
Oh we love our Ohana juice!!! By the way I'm totally jealous of all your tickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybound31 View Post
Great job so far!!
Thank you and !! Glad you're following along!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #39
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Love your window decorations!! They look great!

It looks like you had great interaction with the characters at Ohana's!! Such cute pictures! Aww...you gotta love Pluto! We haven't made it back to Ohana's since our first trip...something always happens. Next trip it's on the top of the list.

I can't wait to hear how the barber shop goes.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #40
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

I love your window decorations! They came out awesome! I was laughing when I was reading about you guys missing some 10am ADRs....our latest was 9:55 and that was our last morning, most of our others were around 8:00! Even on the 2 "sleep in" mornings I had planned, Olivia was up by 7:30!...I don't think she would last in your family!

We did Ohana for breakfast on our trip as well! It was pretty good (I can't give away all the details since I have a TR to write afterall!), but we were there quite a while too, and I was not too happy.

Can't wait to read more! I always get excited when I see you have updated!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #41
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Love the update. I can't wait to hear about the haircut. I cut hair too. (well used to in a Salon, but haven't since I had Claire). I used to cut my nephews hair and he just screamed and was horrid. He hated it so much and of course he has a ton of it and it grows so fast. My son used to be that way too, but he was just a big baby and once I started giving him buzz cuts he loved getting it done..and now at 21, he has to get it dona al lthe time to look good for the ladies. LOL!
Anyways, I stopped doing nephews. It just got to be too much. He was smaller then, but he was still a big boy for his age, and I have outgrown my patience. LOL! At 14 he still throws a fit, so SIL rarely has it done, and when it is done, it's always uneven. LOL!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #42
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Love your window decorations!! They look great!

It looks like you had great interaction with the characters at Ohana's!! Such cute pictures! Aww...you gotta love Pluto! We haven't made it back to Ohana's since our first trip...something always happens. Next trip it's on the top of the list.

I can't wait to hear how the barber shop goes.
It was so fun decorating the windows, we really loaded them up

We had so many 'firsts' on this trip but it was nice starting off with an old favorite like Ohana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
I love your window decorations! They came out awesome! I was laughing when I was reading about you guys missing some 10am ADRs....our latest was 9:55 and that was our last morning, most of our others were around 8:00! Even on the 2 "sleep in" mornings I had planned, Olivia was up by 7:30!...I don't think she would last in your family!

We did Ohana for breakfast on our trip as well! It was pretty good (I can't give away all the details since I have a TR to write afterall!), but we were there quite a while too, and I was not too happy.

Can't wait to read more! I always get excited when I see you have updated!
Honestly, it was crazy that we couldn't make those late breakfasts! I set the Stitch wake up call each morning at 8:30am and without fail got grumbles and groans trying to get everyone to get moving.

You had delays there too? That's too bad. I wonder what was the difference this time? Last August when we went, the characters and the parade were timed perfectly.

When are you starting your TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Love the update. I can't wait to hear about the haircut. I cut hair too. (well used to in a Salon, but haven't since I had Claire). I used to cut my nephews hair and he just screamed and was horrid. He hated it so much and of course he has a ton of it and it grows so fast. My son used to be that way too, but he was just a big baby and once I started giving him buzz cuts he loved getting it done..and now at 21, he has to get it dona al lthe time to look good for the ladies. LOL!
Anyways, I stopped doing nephews. It just got to be too much. He was smaller then, but he was still a big boy for his age, and I have outgrown my patience. LOL! At 14 he still throws a fit, so SIL rarely has it done, and when it is done, it's always uneven. LOL!
That's too bad your nephew hasn't gotten accustomed to haircuts. It took a LOT to get Ariana used to me doing it but now at 14 she thinks nothing of it. I do still have to remind her to not move and we also still have to hide all the scissors in the house so she doesn't cut her own hair -- I have pictures of her from a long time ago after she'd butchered her bangs to almost nothing!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #43
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

Honestly, it was crazy that we couldn't make those late breakfasts! I set the Stitch wake up call each morning at 8:30am and without fail got grumbles and groans trying to get everyone to get moving.

You had delays there too? That's too bad. I wonder what was the difference this time? Last August when we went, the characters and the parade were timed perfectly.

When are you starting your TR?

Lol! I am hoping to start it SOON! I am actually pretty aggravated right now. I did all my edits and everything super fast for my Photopass and ordered with with express 1-2 day shipping on Monday and it still isn't here!!! I think it will be here tomorrow, but who knows We had some great PP pics from the first day so I was waiting for those, but I might just do a quick start with intros and arrival stuff....maybe tonight!!

We had delays at Ohana both times we ate there (once for dinner, then the next morning for breakfast)! I had heard very mixed reviews for Ohana, but I wanted to try it for myself and decide.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #44
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Hey I'm back and checking in... I will go back and read from the start tomorrow!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 12-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #45
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I love your windows! We did ours too but you have a lot more stuff on yours. Wouldn't you know I took pictures of other peoples windows but none of ours. We are not morning people either and it seemed we were always rushing this last trip also. I made our adrs between 10:30 and 11:00 and the characters were so rushed. It looks like you had a great time at breakfast. I'm glad Demetri got to be in the parade. I can't wait to see what happens with Ariana's hair. We took River and he got a trim and they put pirate dust in his hair he loved it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: