Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

Universal Studios Gift Card/Cash

Hi All, when I was down at the parks, when I would pay for something, I saw Universal Studios cash, was just curious as to where you could purchase that, or a gift certficate, I have not been able to find anything and would love to purchase stuff that can only be used there for our next trip for Christmas gifts, any advice. Thank you in advance.
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
kangareaux
I'm going to attribute it to aging....yeah, tht's it.....

I'd love to know this too!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kangareaux is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

hopefully. Someone will come along soon with an answer
Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

The Universal bucks can only be purchased at the parks. You can buy it at Guest Services.

To me, there isn't much point if you have to wait until you get there. There are several reasons you may have seen the Universal bucks. Anyone who purchases a Universal gift card has to redeem them for Universal bucks. Many people buy the gift cards and expect to use them like a credit card in the park. But they don't work that way and have to be redeemed for Universal bucks. Also, people get Universal bucks sometimes from attending timeshare presentations or from doing surveys in the park.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
jnjusoioa

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
The Universal bucks can only be purchased at the parks. You can buy it at Guest Services.

To me, there isn't much point if you have to wait until you get there. There are several reasons you may have seen the Universal bucks. Anyone who purchases a Universal gift card has to redeem them for Universal bucks. Many people buy the gift cards and expect to use them like a credit card in the park. But they don't work that way and have to be redeemed for Universal bucks. Also, people get Universal bucks sometimes from attending timeshare presentations or from doing surveys in the park.

Where can you purchase the gift cards?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
Like phamton said..
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
jnjusoioa

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
Like phamton said..
I understand you can only get the Universal Bucks there, however where can you purchase Universal Studios gift cards?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
*LittleMermaid*
Mouseketeer

Publix supermarkets carry the gift cards as well as some other grocery stores and gas stations. I just know Publix because they are here in Orlando.
*LittleMermaid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Honestly, I would not purchase them. They don't work like regular gift cards. You will need to exchange them for Universal Bucks once you get to the park to even be able to use them. If you want Universal Bucks, you can purchase them at the park without a gift card. it is just one less step involved in getting the bucks.

1) Find a gift card at a store which won't be easy outside of Florida.
2) Purchase the gift card
3) Exchange the gift card at Guest Services for Universal Bucks.

or

1)Buy Universal Bucks at Guest Services.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #10
jnjusoioa

Can Universal bucks be used at Islands of Adventure?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
phamton
Proud Redhead

DISboards Moderator

They can be used at both parks and also Citywalk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: