The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Hilton Parc Soleil

We just returned from a stay at the HGVC Parc Soleil on Palm Parkway. Since it was just the 2 of us all we needed was a 1 bedroom unit, which had plenty of room. When you enter the first thing you see is the kitchen/dining area. Click on any picture to enlarge it.

and the living room

The kitchen has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a dishwasher and was fully stocked with utensils, dishes, cups, etc.

There is also a small cupboard near the kitchen with a washer/dryer combo

The living room has a sliding glass door that opens up to a deck, which has a table, chairs and a lounge chair for laying out in the sun. If you look at the picture of the table you can see a walking trail in the background that goes around a lake if you'd like to go for a stroll.

Our unit was on the 14th floor, room 1418. If you look off in the distance you can see Epcot, the Tower of Terror, the Earful Tower and the Dolphin/Swan. You can watch the fireworks every night. Those of you with small children may notice that the balcony is not screened in. When we travel with our grandchildren we stay at the HGVC Seaworld location for that reason. This is geared more towards adults.

The bedroom had a King-sized bed (very comfortable, btw), sitting area, tv and plenty of storage/closet space. The closet also has a safe in it to store any valuables you don't want to lug around with you.

The bathroom had dual sinks with granite countertop, a massive walkin shower and a deep soaker tub that actually filled via water falling out of the ceiling. As part of some silly green initiative the tub isn't jetted so political correctness trumps comfort. There is a separate toilet area with doors on both sides to access it either from the bedroom or the kitchen area.

For more pictures of the hotel and grounds plus descriptions of the other units you can go here:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotio...rc/index.jhtml

One thing to take note of is that when you book they try to charge you more money for a one bedroom preferred, one bedroom premier, etc. This is Orlando, not beachside in Honolulu or even the difference between a lagoon/castle view or something else. Pay the cheapest rate you can. If the place isn't totally booked up they will give you whatever room you like anyway.

The Parc Soleil is an elegant getaway for adult travelers. The only small downside I can think of is the location, which is actually quite convenient as long as you have a car. You are minutes in either direction from Universal, Downtown Disney or Seaworld. Along the way to Universal you pass a large post office, a Walmart, a Whole Foods market for folks who like organix and a hospital in case of emergencies. Going to the right gets you to DTD and all that Disney has to offer within minutes and with no need to use the interstate for any of your travels. It is also an easy ride to the airport. If you don't have your own transportation I would recommend someplace closer to the actual sites you would be visiting.

Last edited by Purseval; 12-19-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
jeff968
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review. We are heading to Parc Soleil in less then 10 weeks and are looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads-up on the multiple types of 1 bedrooms units. We are all paid for so I have no idea which type of room we will get.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Can people still see the pictures? If I go into edit mode I see the links and if I paste the links in I see the pictures but I can't see them here. If they are being blocked I can post them to a different site like Tinypic.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
jeff968
DIS Veteran

The pictures are there.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:37 AM   #5
Belle599
DIS Veteran

I can't see the pictures but would love to. They look like broken links to me.

Thanks for the review, this place is on my "to stay" list!
:: Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 Royal Pacific Resort :: May 2009 Contemporary Resort & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: Aug 2014 AsSp :: Sep 2014 Disneyland! :: Dec 2014 Hilton Parc Soleil & Hampton Inn South LBV :: Jan 2015 AsMu :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Belle599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Purseval
DIS Veteran

I uploaded the pictures to Tinypic instead.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
Belle599
DIS Veteran

I see the pics now - thank you!
:: Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 Royal Pacific Resort :: May 2009 Contemporary Resort & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: Aug 2014 AsSp :: Sep 2014 Disneyland! :: Dec 2014 Hilton Parc Soleil & Hampton Inn South LBV :: Jan 2015 AsMu :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Belle599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

Looks great and I think I just narrowed it down to that hotel for our next trip in Feb....hopefully will be booking this week. I saw it on Expedia for $127 a night for a studio (just DD and I) is that a good price?

2015 - BVC & POFQ - 14 days in magical Disney
2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Just so you know, a lot of the things you see in these pictures aren't in the studio.

Studios include a fully-equipped kitchenette with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, toaster, flat-screen TV, DVD player, wood-style floors, bathroom with shower only. They have 1 King-sized bed and no sleeper sofa like you saw in these pics. They about 368 square feet, which is 500 square feet less space than this suite. Still very nice but not as nice as this. The kitchenette would have been fine for us since all we really ate in the room was toast and coffee but my wife likes to relax with a hot bath at the end of the day so a studio wouldn't fit our needs.

Pricewise, it depends on when in February you are going. If it's President's week that's a busy time for the entire area. The rest of February would be considered a slow season so you could find a deal if you searched around.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purseval View Post
Just so you know, a lot of the things you see in these pictures aren't in the studio.

Studios include a fully-equipped kitchenette with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, toaster, flat-screen TV, DVD player, wood-style floors, bathroom with shower only. They have 1 King-sized bed and no sleeper sofa like you saw in these pics. They about 368 square feet, which is 500 square feet less space than this suite. Still very nice but not as nice as this. The kitchenette would have been fine for us since all we really ate in the room was toast and coffee but my wife likes to relax with a hot bath at the end of the day so a studio wouldn't fit our needs.

Pricewise, it depends on when in February you are going. If it's President's week that's a busy time for the entire area. The rest of February would be considered a slow season so you could find a deal if you searched around.
Yes I have seen pictures of the studio and it will be fine for just me and DD since we will be at Disney or shopping most of the time and hubby will only be there a few days. Thanks!

2015 - BVC & POFQ - 14 days in magical Disney
2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #11
act1980
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Has anyone stayed here recently? How was your experience?

Also, what are the pool hours and do they allow inflatables in the pool?

Thanks
act1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Hi,

Has anyone stayed here recently? How was your experience?
We're here right now. It's just like the last time, only warmer. We're on the 10th floor this time instead of the 14th but we still have the WDW view. Probably stick around to watch the fireworks from the deck then head over to DTD for a stroll.
Quote:
Also, what are the pool hours and do they allow inflatables in the pool?

Thanks
7am-11pm and they allow inflatables in the main pool. I don't think kids are allowed at all in the side pool but the main pool is where all the cool stuff is anyway. The pool uses chlorine but it was so mild I thought it was salt water the first time I went in it.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #13
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures of the pools, taken early this morning before the crowds came, the waterfalls got turned on, etc. This first one is the quiet pool as seen from the 10th floor

Here is the main pool from the same location. That tentlike structure you see near the back is the covering for the children's playground

See if you can spot SeaWorld in this picture:

A ground level view of the adult (their official name for it is the "reflecting pool", where you lay back and reflect on the day in peace and quiet) pool.

This is the water slide. During the busier hours water pours out of those 2 columns on either side. You might also notice a float rope. In front of that rope is an area that's straight and long enough for my wife to swim her laps (she normally swims about a mile a day). The water in that area is around 4 and a half feet deep and marked off for lap swimming.

Looking towards the 100 tower

My wife need to make a Skype call I'll post more later

Last edited by Purseval; 02-19-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Great review, thanks for sharing!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
SnowWhite24
Earning My Ears

Parc Soleil

We love the pitures that have been posted. We are looking forward to our presentation we are convinced Hilton is the way to go. Any suggestions on what week we should purchase. We did one with them a few years back at Sea World and did not buy because we were not financially set. Any suggestions on how to get the best price and those freebies they offered. We were hoping the price went down due to the economy.
SnowWhite24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: