Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
Schotz
Mouseketeer

Mark Baker Events - GayDay

Are any of you attending the "gayday.com" events by Mark Baker? I was looking at maybe attending "Matinee" at universal orlando (world's largest international party). I'm sorry I feel like such a newb but I can't find any answers online yet.

My question also is, if you purchase the Matinee party ticket, do you need a regular universal studios/islands of adventure ticket also?
Schotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
Schotz
Mouseketeer

Drink Around the World Event (epcot)

This new ticket is now up for sale on the "gayday.com" website.

-From Website
Illuminations Sunday T Dance at Epcot - Single Admission
2:00 pm admission to Epcot on Sunday afternoon June 5th for a ''Drink around the World'' informal gathering until 5:30...then a T-Dance from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at Epcot's Odyssey...then a private viewing area of the Illumination's Firework show as the finale! DJ to be announced soon!
-End Website

Now I thought Drink Around the World at Epcot was something us DIS'ers were going to do as a group, free, just buy your own beverages. I would pay to party at the Odyssey, perfect spot to watch Illuminations show!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
twistedmickey
Earning My Ears

^I cant find that on the website. Did they take it down? A tdance at Epcot sounds like a great time!!! I hope they really pull this off.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
Schotz
Mouseketeer

I got a lightning fast response from the mark baker events (nice). I can't understand the email, although it was very nice.

I asked if I needed to purchase tickets to Universal Studios along with the tickets to the Matinee event show they were hosting.

Mark Baker Events parties are totally separate from the Universal day guest tickets. There are (2) roller coasters open during our party.

On our HOME page right navigation panel: click on BUY TICKETS and that will take you to our Tickets page. Please think about buying the weekend pass so you can experience all our parties including FASSCINATION starring Peter Rauhofer.

Best-
Charles
www.MarkBakerEvents.com

So I'm still confused, do I need to purchase Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure tickets in conjunction with the mark baker ticket?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Schotz
Mouseketeer

Drink around the World 2011

Drink around the World tickets are being sold at "Let's Go Play!" http://www.prestosell.com/cgi-bin/or...graphics1&fm=1

I have no problem paying to join in on the drink around the world (aside from paying for my own drinks) what is the story here? Is it just tickets to the T-dance inside odyssey? I feel like a customer at a best buy store TV department lol.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

I always preface my posts with this. I am a straight female going to WDW the weekend of GayDays with a gay male friend.

I looked at pictures of the pool party from last year. It does not look fun at all to me because it looks soooooooooooooooooooooooo crowded.

My friend and I are both middle aged - that is if you have a life expectancy of 100, then we are just about in the middle.

Given my age (I do love Disco) and my aversion to crowds, do you think we would have a good time with that EPCOT event.

Also, we are both annual pass holders, so the park admission part of the event has no value for us.

Thanks for any opinions.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schotz View Post
I got a lightning fast response from the mark baker events (nice). I can't understand the email, although it was very nice.

I asked if I needed to purchase tickets to Universal Studios along with the tickets to the Matinee event show they were hosting.

Mark Baker Events parties are totally separate from the Universal day guest tickets. There are (2) roller coasters open during our party.

On our HOME page right navigation panel: click on BUY TICKETS and that will take you to our Tickets page. Please think about buying the weekend pass so you can experience all our parties including FASSCINATION starring Peter Rauhofer.

Best-
Charles
www.MarkBakerEvents.com

So I'm still confused, do I need to purchase Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure tickets in conjunction with the mark baker ticket?
what it sounds like to me is: this is a private party inside the park. this means that ticket gains entry to the park during that private party, and the full park is NOT open. only those two coasters mentioned will be. if you want to enjoy the full park, you will have to go at a different time, and pay for the admission ticket yourself.

that is what I read.

think of it similar to the mickey's not so scary Halloween party, where that ticket is *only* able to get you in during that time and only for the area that is open for the party.

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #8
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singledad View Post
what it sounds like to me is: this is a private party inside the park. this means that ticket gains entry to the park during that private party, and the full park is NOT open. only those two coasters mentioned will be. if you want to enjoy the full park, you will have to go at a different time, and pay for the admission ticket yourself.

that is what I read.

think of it similar to the mickey's not so scary Halloween party, where that ticket is *only* able to get you in during that time and only for the area that is open for the party.
From www.letsgoplay2011.com

"SUNDAY, JUNE 5, 2011, 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
ILLUMINATIONS T-DANCE AT EPCOT

The newest addition to the Let's Go Play Gay Disney Weekend lineup....Come Drink around the world at Epcot starting at 2:00 pm and then join in the fun at a private T-Dance from 4:00 - 9:00 pm in the Odyssey. Dance the day away until the grand finale spectacular Illuminations Firework Display! All attendees will receive a "Drink Around the World" t-shirt, entrance to the park, and entrance to the private t-dance."

The event is held during regular park hours, so the park admission does actually include the entire park.
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
The event is held during regular park hours, so the park admission does actually include the entire park.
that is a different event from the one asked about, that I responded to. So yeah, for that one, the full park is open. However, the other one is a limited access private party in which has limited park opening (ie: only two coasters open).

Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
Singledad
DIS Veteran

okay, to further help clear any confusion. the universal mantinee thing starts at 9pm. the park closes at 9pm. this means that normal admission to universal is NOT NEEDED as it would be not valid during the time of this PRIVATE party. Now if you wanted to get into the park before the party, then you would need admission for both the party (to stay past 9pm) and the park (to get in before 9pm).

the Epcot event, (which is not a mark baker event), is during NORMAL Disney hours, and the park is open to the public. what you would get out of this event that the general public wouldn't is the t-shirt and entrance to the PRIVATE dance party. that is the difference between buying a normal admission for that day at Epcot, vs one of their tickets.

also, DOPEYLUVER, you'll find better answers to this question if you make your own posting, as that event is not a mark baker event, as the title of this posting is.

for the mark baker events "wonder world" (all done at universal): http://www.markbakerevents.com/

for the lets go play events (TL and Epcot): http://www.letsgoplay2011.com/

Now lets PARTY, and celebrate how CLOSE WE ARE!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #11
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

LOL That's what I get for posting when hardly awake!!!

The universal one looks like it's a replacement for the old DHS party (I dont see it listed this year).
Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
Schotz
Mouseketeer

Thanks SingleDad, I get how the event works at Universal Studios now. I didn't realize that the event was after normal park hours.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
Schotz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPEYLUVER View Post
I always preface my posts with this. I am a straight female going to WDW the weekend of GayDays with a gay male friend.

I looked at pictures of the pool party from last year. It does not look fun at all to me because it looks soooooooooooooooooooooooo crowded.

My friend and I are both middle aged - that is if you have a life expectancy of 100, then we are just about in the middle.

Given my age (I do love Disco) and my aversion to crowds, do you think we would have a good time with that EPCOT event.

Also, we are both annual pass holders, so the park admission part of the event has no value for us.

Thanks for any opinions.
Yes, please come with us at drink around the world. The T dance party inside the oddy might be crowded but if your like me after a few drinks and once you get in there the crowd makes it more fun. This is WDW and I would expect the oddy would not be allowed to get over crowded inside and that the party would just "overflow" outside to a VIP area. If your that anxious with crowds you might not want to visit, every time I visit WDW around holidays or special event the crowds can become dense and sparse at any given moment.

They are charging for admission to the oddy T dance but drink around the world I think is free, just buy your own drinks. I'm still puzzled on that. This will be my first time to WDW gaydays too so I'm just guessing there will be a large group of people wearing red shirts standing in line for beverages at this event.

When I visited last year I waiting in line for about 20min at an outside concession stand at the germany part of epcot. It was about $9 for a draft beer but totally worth it (to me). Tasted fresh and plenty of it. I just hated waiting in line with no phone with me to text with.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They are charging for admission to the oddy T dance but drink around the world I think is free, just buy your own drinks. I'm still puzzled on that. This will be my first time to WDW gaydays too so I'm just guessing there will be a large group of people wearing red shirts standing in line for beverages at this event.
Yup, if you don't care about the t-shirt and the dance party you can just join the sea of red shirts!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #15
ConcKahuna

Quote:
Yes, please come with us at drink around the world. The T dance party inside the oddy might be crowded but if your like me after a few drinks and once you get in there the crowd makes it more fun. This is WDW and I would expect the oddy would not be allowed to get over crowded inside and that the party would just "overflow" outside to a VIP area. If your that anxious with crowds you might not want to visit, every time I visit WDW around holidays or special event the crowds can become dense and sparse at any given moment.

When I visited last year I waiting in line for about 20min at an outside concession stand at the germany part of epcot. It was about $9 for a draft beer but totally worth it (to me). Tasted fresh and plenty of it. I just hated waiting in line with no phone with me to text with.
Mark Baker Events probably bought the park tickets at a convention rate (when I worked resorts they normally cost like $50 a person, but since they are renting a venue in-park it's probably much lower). They then sell you that park ticket at retail, and include admission to the venue.

You have to buy drinks in the T-Dance. More people buy drinks in the WS. It's win-win for the promoter and for Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: