Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #76
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
O.k. so I only read your first post because I have to go cook. *must get off Disboards....must get off Disboards....must get off Disboards*

But anyways, I want to keep up with Avy's MAW trip!!! How awesome you are to adopt special needs children!!
Jason wants cereal
Avy wants a sandwich
Christian wants cereal
Hayden wants pizza or deer meat sandwiches
Ella wants a p/b&j and cheese stick.
I want it to be bedtime
Dh is asleep on the couch so i have no idea
Just in case your taking orders
Glad you had a chance to stop by and read about our little family
tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #77
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

I've found another inspiring family! So happy that Avy is getting her wish granted! Not to rehash the past, but for Baby Bear. I work with a teacher who was a foster parent to 2 brothers for over a year. They finally became a forever family last November, but every week I saw her, there was a new update on the boys. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good. I'm amazed by you and all the other foster parents out there - I honestly do not know if I would be strong enough to do it.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the details of your trip!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #78
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Hi there!

I've found another inspiring family! So happy that Avy is getting her wish granted! Not to rehash the past, but for Baby Bear. I work with a teacher who was a foster parent to 2 brothers for over a year. They finally became a forever family last November, but every week I saw her, there was a new update on the boys. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good. I'm amazed by you and all the other foster parents out there - I honestly do not know if I would be strong enough to do it.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the details of your trip!
Thanks for stopping by
Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #79
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

The has started here
Hayden told me there was someone at the door so I opened it and found a balloon and stuff in the door from Avy's Wish Granters. How sweet is that

Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #80
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
Jason wants cereal
Avy wants a sandwich
Christian wants cereal
Hayden wants pizza or deer meat sandwiches
Ella wants a p/b&j and cheese stick.
I want it to be bedtime
Dh is asleep on the couch so i have no idea
Just in case your taking orders
Glad you had a chance to stop by and read about our little family
Awww I"m sorry I just saw your orders now!!! Dinner that evening wasn't great and I think my time was better spent here on the boards!!!

I hope you hear something this week!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #81
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Awww I"m sorry I just saw your orders now!!! Dinner that evening wasn't great and I think my time was better spent here on the boards!!!

I hope you hear something this week!
My kids got what they ordered and then I sent dh out to get us something after they went to bed
Old 02-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #82
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
The has started here
Hayden told me there was someone at the door so I opened it and found a balloon and stuff in the door from Avy's Wish Granters. How sweet is that

I am so happy Avy's Wish Granters gave her such a wonderful Valentine surprise, she SO deserved it and SO MUCH MORE!!! YOU are such an encouragement to so many....THANK YOU for always leaving such cheery notes!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #83
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the kind words Judy

Finally some great news for Ella
We have been fighting with insurance to get her new hearing aids and after 15 months they finally agreed to pay for them. She is getting purple see thru ones She really wanted the zebra but I am worried she will hate them in a few yrs so purple it is. The only bummer part is they are still refusing to pay for the FM system (extra add-ons that snap onto the aid so the teacher can talk into a micro phone and it goes right into her ears) because that is $2,550 extra. We are still going to fight to get that added so if anyone wants to send good wishes we will take them

No word about Avy's wish

I am really getting worried about Avy's vision she has stopped playing with her I-touch because she says she can't see it. When she does play with it she has it almost touching her nose.
It makes me so sad to see that is is going so fast all of a sudden.

Last edited by tinytreasures; 02-17-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #84
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Yay for the hearing aids

About the FM system, have you discussed it with your school system? I know they are all different, but in the one I work for, if a student has a hearing impairment (and I think wearing 2 hearing aids would qualify her for that), they have an FM system that the teacher can wear. Also, many of our new bldgs have them built in so teachers wear them whether they have a hearing impaired student or not. I'm guessing you've probably done it all, but I just had to offer that bit of advice

for her vision issues - is it expected that her vision will get gradually worse? Or could it just be that her prescription needs adjusting? Happy she got some pixie dust delivered!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #85
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Insurance makes me go GRRRRRRR ...Glad they are FINALLY giving her what she deserves and you pay for! Will she need the FM system at school? Just a thought, David's school had to provide his while he was in class, because we wrote it into his IEP...she wouldn't have it at home; however, maybe if she ever needed to borrow it...(we did that once. We had an amazing EC teacher...to bad she left, that is a HUGE reason why he is now homeschooled, another story for another time). I do realize she is only four, so that might not even be a point to consider...I am so sorry to hear of Avy's vision.

Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #86
blessedmom4

Quote:
Yay for the hearing aids

About the FM system, have you discussed it with your school system? I know they are all different, but in the one I work for, if a student has a hearing impairment (and I think wearing 2 hearing aids would qualify her for that), they have an FM system that the teacher can wear. Also, many of our new bldgs have them built in so teachers wear them whether they have a hearing impaired student or not. I'm guessing you've probably done it all, but I just had to offer that bit of advice

for her vision issues - is it expected that her vision will get gradually worse? Or could it just be that her prescription needs adjusting? Happy she got some pixie dust delivered!

Shannon, I see great minds think alike!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #87
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Shannon, I see great minds think alike!
jinx...you owe me a coke!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #88
blessedmom4

Quote:
jinx...you owe me a coke!

My oldest daughter says that ALL the time!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #89
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Now now girls no fighting on Avy's thread
I will give you both Cokes if we ever get Avy to GKTW

Ella does have the FM system at preschool but we are not allowed to bring it home. She needs it at the YMCA for Gym and Swim. Poor kid just stands there and looks at all the other kids trying to figure out what they want her to do. She can lip read pretty well for a 4 yr old as long as she has some idea what you are going to say. In the Gym she can't hear at all and has no clue what they are going to play each day so she is so lost
Plus she has sunday school and other things we really need the FM for outside of school.

For Avy we really don't know how long she will have her vision. There is nothing they can do for her. It is like she is looking through a paper towel tube that is closing down tighter and tighter. I feel so helpless
Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #90
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Just joining in. I have missed so many threads and can't figure out why!! Your family is so blessed as are any other children you foster! Can't wait to continue following Avy's journey to GKTW!! We were just there and my kids loved it as well!! Our little guy says he wants his wish to be for GKTW too!!(he doesn't qualify for a wish

Hope you guys get there soon and she can enjoy the sights some!
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: