Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #136
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
Did you see how much I paid for that dress?
It was only 16.99 I would have paid 2x that.
This is my first clothing thing I have bought. I just buy yarn.
I love to look and get Idea of what I wish I could make
I DID see how much you paid, that is why I asked her if she could make one in a size 8! (Sadly, she couldn't) That must have been the best deal ever on a custom!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #137
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Princesses on ICE

I was watching the news yesterday and saw that it was in town. Yes I live under a rock
I checked and they had some great seats left. So I ordered online at 12:30 and we hit the road at 1:00. After a quick phone call to my BIL for directions
We had to walk forever in the skyway and poor grandma was on so it was slow going. She broke her toe 3 months ago and it never healed so she had to have a pin put in.
We had the best seats in the world. It cost me a bundle but my girly's are worth it. Ella and Avy were in the second row with Grandma and I right behind them.
I took 386 pictures but a lot of them are bad. I just kept shooting because I kept missing them.
As I was watching it really hit me this would be the one and only time Avy would ever get to SEE a ice show. I got really choked up at the end I don't know if it was seeing Ella all excited for Cinderella or just the whole Avy thing sinking in deeper. I did have to point out where the skaters were a lot of the time because she couldn't find them.

Here are some of my favorite pictures
sorry I didn't get Avy's face she was to involved

I was so impressed I got this shot. 2 men jumped off the platform and shot the other man into the air

Ella was sooo excited for Ariel

It was really hard to get any pictures of Snow white because there was a lot of smoke.

Back of the girls heads

tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #138
Mom2Miracles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you see how much I paid for that dress?
It was only 16.99
Get out, it was only 17$? WOW! Great deal!

Love the pics from the show, what a wonderful treat for your girls. You are a great Momma!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #139
PenelopeL
Earning My Ears

Aww, look at that smile! It looks like Avy had so much fun! I haven't ever been to an ice show, but they've always looked pretty cool. So happy you all got to go!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #140
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Miracles View Post
Get out, it was only 17$? WOW! Great deal!

Love the pics from the show, what a wonderful treat for your girls. You are a great Momma!
I knew I had to have it at that price. I was so excited I got it on Friday and guess what she wore to the ice show
Of course it was so busy I couldn't get a cute shot of her wearing it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeL View Post
Aww, look at that smile! It looks like Avy had so much fun! I haven't ever been to an ice show, but they've always looked pretty cool. So happy you all got to go!
The ice show was amazing. I am so glad I decided to go, the girls (both little and big) loved every single min of it.

I really need to book a Character meal now after this.
What do you guys think the girls would like?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #141
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

I am happy you were able to swing the tickets, Money is tight, but memories are PRICELESS! I wanted to take mine, it just wasn't meant to be...one of these days we will see an ice show...I saw the Ice Capades once when I was younger and I still remember that to this day. I am SO happy Avy will have that memory always of seeing the show as well!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #142
blessedmom4

Quote:

What do you guys think the girls would like?

I have been to Askershus (LOVED IT) and would LOVE to do CRT or Park Fare from things I have read...if they like Princesses I don't think you could go wrong. If they prefer Pooh and Friends, everyone says Crystal Palace is great, I have also heard good things about Ohanas...I think it depends on who they want to see!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #143
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Great pics...I bet your girls had an amazing time! I've never done a Disney on Ice show, but have been to one of those Smuckers Stars on Ice shows, and we had seats very close to the ice...very nice!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #144
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is way more Avy then Ella, but it is so amazing I had to get it.
Ella really wanted a Ariel dress but when we found them on Esty she decided she didn't like them so much after all I was glad the few I found were pricey. She will have to have a dress this time around

I really should look to see if I can find that fabric and have one made for Avy too.
I might have Ariel fabric if you need it...let me check

So excited for the girls to see the Princesses. Do you want a character meal with Princesses? The best food-wise is Akershus breakfast. 1900 has a pretty good dinner but the characters make the meal. I think you would be happy with either and the girls would eat it up!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #145
shruley
Mouseketeer

The Ice Show looks like so much fun!!! What a special day for you guys.
2005- Polynesian
2002- POFQ & AKL
shruley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #146
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am happy you were able to swing the tickets, Money is tight, but memories are PRICELESS! I wanted to take mine, it just wasn't meant to be...one of these days we will see an ice show...I saw the Ice Capades once when I was younger and I still remember that to this day. I am SO happy Avy will have that memory always of seeing the show as well!
She is still smiling every time we talk about it. Ella is all giggly about it too.
I will never forget my dad taking me to smurfs on ice when I was little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

I have been to Askershus (LOVED IT) and would LOVE to do CRT or Park Fare from things I have read...if they like Princesses I don't think you could go wrong. If they prefer Pooh and Friends, everyone says Crystal Palace is great, I have also heard good things about Ohanas...I think it depends on who they want to see!

Pooh is OUT. Jason is scared to death of him He still thinks he will be sucked in the book and never come back. He is better and can hear the song now without a freak out but I am not pushing my luck
I would love to take her to the CRT but have to see how much money we get back from taxes when we do them this weekend
Who all is at the CRT is it just Cinderella?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Great pics...I bet your girls had an amazing time! I've never done a Disney on Ice show, but have been to one of those Smuckers Stars on Ice shows, and we had seats very close to the ice...very nice!
It was a blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I might have Ariel fabric if you need it...let me check

She didn't like the Ariel dresses once she saw them
Thanks for checking

So excited for the girls to see the Princesses. Do you want a character meal with Princesses? The best food-wise is Akershus breakfast. 1900 has a pretty good dinner but the characters make the meal. I think you would be happy with either and the girls would eat it up!
This is sooo hard I don't know what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruley View Post
The Ice Show looks like so much fun!!! What a special day for you guys.
I am still in shock that we even went. I am miss planner but it was so worth it. I don't do things like this at all. My MIL is so proud of me
Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #147
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Update update update

We finally have a update
Avy is officially going to DISNEY WORLD.
They said the hold up was taking Baby Bear off the wish The bummer part for me is the WISH GRANTERS want to tell the kids, so I can't spill the beans. They said they are going to bring a cake and balloons so they can tell the kids.
They did ask me to pick dates in May which is when we want to go so I picked May 15-21 so we can do Star Wars weekend on the 20th. The boys will freak out. They said the only day we couldn't go was May 1 it was full
We can't go the weeks before because I found out the kids have their big state tests and I don't want them to miss those. If we can't go around that week I said we would wait till late Sept. or early Oct so we can do the Halloween party.

How am I ever going to sleep tonight when my insides are doing
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #148
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

How long do you have to keep the secret?????
Old 03-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #149
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Yippee! So glad it is finally official for all of you!

How on Earth are you going to keep that secret? I hope they come soon to spill the beans!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #150
shruley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We finally have a update
Avy is officially going to DISNEY WORLD.
They said the hold up was taking Baby Bear off the wish The bummer part for me is the WISH GRANTERS want to tell the kids, so I can't spill the beans. They said they are going to bring a cake and balloons so they can tell the kids.
They did ask me to pick dates in May which is when we want to go so I picked May 15-21 so we can do Star Wars weekend on the 20th. The boys will freak out. They said the only day we couldn't go was May 1 it was full
We can't go the weeks before because I found out the kids have their big state tests and I don't want them to miss those. If we can't go around that week I said we would wait till late Sept. or early Oct so we can do the Halloween party.

How am I ever going to sleep tonight when my insides are doing
YAY!!!! You got dates! So excited. May was our first choice, it would have to be 16th or later because of dance recital. You guys will have so much fun!! So excited. Can't wait to hear about all your plans. But oh the pain of not being able to tell the kids. I would have a hard time holding it in. (I'm HORRIBLE at things like that I'm always the one spilling the beans!
2005- Polynesian
2002- POFQ & AKL
shruley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: