Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Tokyo Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #31
voleball
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post
These Toilets are AWESOME!


Notice the lady in the mask. I originally thought Japanese people wore these masks to keep out germs (which maybe they do) but from what I figured out in Japan people watching, and watching commercials for the mask, people actually wear these when they are sick, to keep from spreading the germs! Now I may be wrong about this, but thats what I understood from what I saw. Oh.. and no I wasn't taking a photo of the lady because she was wearing a mask lol. I was taking a photo of Craig and realised after there was a lady in a mask in it and thought I should share what I learnt!

Yep. That's the custom in Japan. During winter, you will see a lot of people (young and old) wearing masks everywhere. They also sell funny/crazy masks too.
voleball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #32
Vallie
DIS Veteran
 
Vallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: currently: Sunshine Coast, Australia.
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hey! You made it to Tokyo and to your hotel with ease! So glad your journey went well. I'm excited to see your adventure begin!
Me too, after the night we had I was very wary! I'll be posting the first day of the trip soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voleball View Post
Yep. That's the custom in Japan. During winter, you will see a lot of people (young and old) wearing masks everywhere. They also sell funny/crazy masks too.

Ok so I did get it right! Yay! We didn't see too many people wearing them, but we did come across a couple of funny masks and even some pooh looking ones which were quite cute!
__________________





may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #33
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

That is awesome that there is only an hour time difference! No jet lag is the best. At least you got to your hotel with ease. I would love to go to Japan to see all of the cool gadgets. The idea of the electric toilet seems so cool! And I like how that part of the mirror didn't fog up. Can't wait to see what's next.
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #34
GAGirlInVA
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,254

Subbing.
__________________
~Stephanie
Blessed wife of Brandon, mama to: DeLainey (11), Julianne (8), Xander (5) Solomon (4) and Isaiah (1)

Dec 2010: ASMu April 2011: POP! Oct 2011: ASMo April 2014: Caribbean Beach resort!

Next trip? Maybe DisneyLAND for Dec '14 or March '15
GAGirlInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:58 AM   #35
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 87,956

I'm pleased to see the hotel room is decent. Other friends of mine have come back with pictures of pods!

Glad you got a refund from the hostel without any issue.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #36
Toy Story
DIS Veteran
 
Toy Story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 613

I look forward to reading your TR, I was a lurked on your earlier trip report.
We had on overnight stopover in Tokyo on our way to NY, it is an amazing city. Looking forward to reading your review of Tokyo Disney.
__________________
Dad Mum DD (20) DD (15) - 1st trip to USA & WDW (POR) April 2010 - - April 2012: NY & Orlando Take 2 - Christmas 2013: Europe & DLP
Toy Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #37
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.
 
inkedupmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bucks County,Pa
Posts: 3,989

Fantastic update. Room looked decent sized, and I'm glad that the hostel was so willing to work with you! Looking forward to more pics of Tokyo!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #38
Brandis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 1,417

Ah, this brings back nice memories of what I felt on my first visit to Japan! The vending machines, the toilets, the small hotel rooms (but offering more amenities than most 5* places here) :-)

You may use my photo of the vending machines:



This was taken inside a shrine!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #39
123Disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 533

Can't wait to read more.
__________________
123Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #40
PrincessMomofTwo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 56

Really intersting TR! Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing
PrincessMomofTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #41
rcchello
DIS Veteran
 
rcchello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Posts: 562

Great so far. Can't wait for the rest of your report.
__________________


Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Fantasy Eastern

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:21 AM   #42
Dommiekazommie
Mouseketeer
 
Dommiekazommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 112

Loving this report so far! I'm
Another Aussie who spent a week at Tokyo Disney in sept an totally loved it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts! I'm from
Melb too, so would love to join u guys on a Dismeet. Where in qld do you live? Love qld, actually popping up for 4 days in feb to surfers with dbf!

Can't wait for more. Glad your flights etc went well after a disaster night!
Dommiekazommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #43
Vallie
DIS Veteran
 
Vallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: currently: Sunshine Coast, Australia.
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
That is awesome that there is only an hour time difference! No jet lag is the best. At least you got to your hotel with ease. I would love to go to Japan to see all of the cool gadgets. The idea of the electric toilet seems so cool! And I like how that part of the mirror didn't fog up. Can't wait to see what's next.
Yea it worked out really well! Getting over Jetlag in Australia from Canada was horrrible!! ugh it took soo long! If you ever get a chance to go to Japan my reccomendation is go 100% its such a cool place with tons of cool gadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGirlInVA View Post
Subbing.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm pleased to see the hotel room is decent. Other friends of mine have come back with pictures of pods!

Glad you got a refund from the hostel without any issue.
Hehe I'm glad you are pleased I've heard of the pods, didn't see any though! I don't think I could handle such a small space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story View Post
I look forward to reading your TR, I was a lurked on your earlier trip report.
We had on overnight stopover in Tokyo on our way to NY, it is an amazing city. Looking forward to reading your review of Tokyo Disney.
Thank you!! It is an amazing city and hope you enjoy my TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
Fantastic update. Room looked decent sized, and I'm glad that the hostel was so willing to work with you! Looking forward to more pics of Tokyo!
Thanks hun! I was glad too! More pics coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
Ah, this brings back nice memories of what I felt on my first visit to Japan! The vending machines, the toilets, the small hotel rooms (but offering more amenities than most 5* places here) :-)

You may use my photo of the vending machines:



This was taken inside a shrine!
haha thank you!!! those are exactly what I was talking about! I was soo fasinated by them and the yummy drinks inside them! Totally loved the amenities at the hotel... everyday they would fill a whole bowl full of everything you could possibly use!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Disney View Post
Can't wait to read more.
Thank ya! More is comin up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMomofTwo View Post
Really intersting TR! Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing
Thank you for following along

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcchello View Post
Great so far. Can't wait for the rest of your report.
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommiekazommie View Post
Loving this report so far! I'm
Another Aussie who spent a week at Tokyo Disney in sept an totally loved it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts! I'm from
Melb too, so would love to join u guys on a Dismeet. Where in qld do you live? Love qld, actually popping up for 4 days in feb to surfers with dbf!

Can't wait for more. Glad your flights etc went well after a disaster night!
Thanks so much! I'm in the Sunshine Coast (in Mooloolaba), when in Feb are you going to be here?? I'll be on a cruise to New Zealand the first two weeks of feb, then in Sydney for a week and then back to the WhitSundays for a couple days after that but i'll be around at the end of Feb and I'm always up for a dismeeet! Let me know!
__________________





may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #44
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,806

Hi Vallie! Nice to see you here. I was thinking about you with the floods over there. I wasn't sure where they occurred.

As it turned out, we won't be visiting Australia after all - apparently AUS cut back on the budget for our crew hotels, and the US won't foot the bill, so that project is done for us. I'm sad I won't get to visit this time, but we will get there some day - it's on the list.

We are all ready for more of your adventures in TDL!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #45
Vallie
DIS Veteran
 
Vallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: currently: Sunshine Coast, Australia.
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Vallie! Nice to see you here. I was thinking about you with the floods over there. I wasn't sure where they occurred.

As it turned out, we won't be visiting Australia after all - apparently AUS cut back on the budget for our crew hotels, and the US won't foot the bill, so that project is done for us. I'm sad I won't get to visit this time, but we will get there some day - it's on the list.

We are all ready for more of your adventures in TDL!

Aw, you are too sweet. We have been having floods all around us, but not in my area thank goodness! We did have some fun the other day though, we went to this hedge maze which was half flooded and ran around in the maze, in water up to our ankles in the rain lol. Good times!

It's too bad you won't be able to make it this time, but when you get a chance make sure you visit and make sure Queensland is one of your stops

More adventure coming up!
__________________





may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: