Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #46
roxy72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flitterific View Post
Here is a list of all the holiday treats that are available at DLR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....s#post39058454
Thank you so much for the link, Flitterific! I am at the parks today actually, and may go around to the various restaurants just to take pictures of the desserts.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #47
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

BE's Holiday Photos - New Orleans Square decorations

NOS has to be at the very top of my 'favorites' list as far as the look and feel during the rest of the year, but once you add the holiday decorations it just sparkles as far as I'm concerned!! Just beautiful. Here are some of the photos I took during my pre-Christmas trip. I hope to get more when I go back after Christmas and for New Years.

Register to remove

Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #48
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

We are back! Had a fantastic time, but WOW, it was crowded! We did rope drop each morning and that really helped. I'll post some pictures later today.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #49
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While I was taking pictures of the different masks on the lamp posts, I noticed that every single one was different. There are two on every lamp post and I had expected them to be the same but nope. I ended up taking pictures of all of them. I haven't decided which one I like best (perhaps the first one or the black one)...what do you guys think?

I love that you took so many! This is my favorite, I think, it's kind of a 1920s flapper style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
NOS has to be at the very top of my 'favorites' list as far as the look and feel during the rest of the year, but once you add the holiday decorations it just sparkles as far as I'm concerned!! Just beautiful. Here are some of the photos I took during my pre-Christmas trip. I hope to get more when I go back after Christmas and for New Years.]
Jazz - stunning pictures as always! Were these with the DLSR or the P&S?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #50
dizneedoll
Curioser and Curioser

We are all set to leave in a couple of hours. The drive is only about 2 hours so I'm shooting for being there around 1:00pm and hoping the room will be ready, if not no big whoop we'll just go eat lunch in the park.

1975 Contemporary-- 1995 Polynesian-- 2004 Wildreness Lodge-- 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter-- 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland-50+ times

Old 12-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #51
lapdwife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneedoll View Post
We are all set to leave in a couple of hours. The drive is only about 2 hours so I'm shooting for being there around 1:00pm and hoping the room will be ready, if not no big whoop we'll just go eat lunch in the park.

Hit the pool while you're waiting. We spent a lot of time at the pool this weekend. We got there by noon and didn't get the text message our room was ready until 3:35.

We'll be there this afternoon, I am SOOOO excited for the party tonight! I hate that I have things to do today and can't be there now.
Podcast 3.0 Cruise June 24, 2012
Old 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #52
Funball
DIS Veteran

yummy treats!!

lights and things...

taken with a kodak easy share m350
Old 12-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #53
Funball
DIS Veteran

Old 12-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #54
uneekstylez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think this one is my favorite!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #55
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
Jazz - stunning pictures as always! Were these with the DLSR or the P&S?
Thank you!! The ones from NOS were with the DSLR. And I'm getting a new lens for Christmas so I'm excited to go back and get more after Christmas.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #56
jls886
DIS Veteran

We'll be there the 19th through the 23rd...crossing our fingers for decent crowds! We've been to WDW Christmas '07 and '08 but never to DL for Christmas - we're so excited to see all of the differences!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #57
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

One of my favorite things about NOS is the differences in all of the decorations. It really shows Disney's attention to detail -- the could have just put up two miles of the same garland and 18 of the same lamppost masks, but each is unique and every store looks like the "owners" decorated it for the holidays to match their storefront.

Still my favorite (but I love them all):

PHXscuba
Old 12-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #58
Funball
DIS Veteran

Old 12-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #59
Funball
DIS Veteran

mickey xmas popcorn buckets!!!

i also saw these yummy treats at DCA, they came like 3 or 4 in a pack, an they are iced rice crispy treats..

Old 12-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #60
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

So we got back last night. We mainly went all day Saturday and a little Sunday morning.
I have to say we were in shorts and short sleeves once the fog burned off Saturday and Sunday there wasn't even a reason to put long pants on in the morning! I hope Sherry doesn't melt as I know she prefers the cold. The crowds were ok in the morning but you could tell by afternoon it was going to be crazy. That is when we tell ourselves, "Let's just get to what we can and not stress about the rest." The beauty of being an AP and about 5 hours drive away.
We got a Mickey Bucket (well 2) right in the hub. Looked to be plenty of them but the price went up to $11. Shame on Disney They did have a deal in one store I saw to buy the bucket there and get a ticket to have it filled with popcorn at a cart later. Did anyone else have a problem getting the lids to stay on?
I have a few pictures but my camera told me the battery was full and then poof after only about 20 pictures or so it said it was too low to take any more. Silly me for thinking DH had packed the charger and vis versa! We had been tossing around the idea of getting our DS his own camera so we gave him an early Christmas Present. Thank you CostCo! So most of these are his pictures and the first and last are mine.
First is the reason we stay on property for Magic Mornings

The fog lifted within about 10 minutes or so.

We waited in line for Candy Canes so we were kind of stuck on Main St until we got our tickets. But that is when my son got antsy and I asked if he wanted to take pictures. Here are a few of his, some Christmas and some not

DS is now saying he wants to take a picture of me with the characters!

He spotted Santa

My submission for the Wreath Quest!

Hope you all have or had a wonderful time!
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: