Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #3391
julieheyer
Crazy for the Mouse!

Jingle Jangle Jamboree

Beautiful pictures!! I'm so excited to go in a few days!!

I had a few questions for those of you who've been to this?

How much is the cookie decorating, candy cane cotton candy? Do you wait in line to buy/do those things? Sorry! I'm trying to picture how all that works. Dd(9) is gluten-free, but is happy to eat icing and cotton candy!

The monte cristo bites? is there a stand that sells them? IS there other food sold back there too? Again, my dd and dh are both GF so if there are other options that may be a meal option for us. And we could cancel our ressies for Cafe Orleans?

TIA!

Past trips: Mar. 2013, Nov 2012, Oct. 2011, Mar. 2009, June 2006... Can't remember before that!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #3392
mrslamb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieheyer View Post

How much is the cookie decorating, candy cane cotton candy? Do you wait in line to buy/do those things? Sorry! I'm trying to picture how all that works. Dd(9) is gluten-free, but is happy to eat icing and cotton candy!

The monte cristo bites? is there a stand that sells them? IS there other food sold back there too? Again, my dd and dh are both GF so if there are other options that may be a meal option for us. And we could cancel our ressies for Cafe Orleans?

TIA!
Yes, i have these EXACT same questions about Jingle Jangle Jamboree!!

Also, when it "snows", is that ONLY on Main Street? When does it do it, at fireworks time? What would be the best place to try to see the snow/fireworks with a 2 year old and a 6 year old?
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #3393
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieheyer View Post

TIA!
julieheyer -

The Jingle Jangle Jamboree is brand new this year - it is taking the place of Santa's Reindeer Round-Up. So the candy cane cotton candy is totally new. The cookie decorating had been moved out of the Round-Up but it sounds like it is now back at the Jamboree. The Jamboree 'soft opened' over this weekend, so I'm not sure how many people actually took the time to go back there and check it out, get details, etc.

I am headed to DLR tomorrow (the official start date of the season) on an info-gathering/photo taking mission, and the Jamboree is one of the stops on my list. I am planning to get all of that menu/pricing info if I can find it.

So if no one else posts the info for you, I'll post when I get back.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #3394
julieheyer
Crazy for the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
julieheyer -

The Jingle Jangle Jamboree is brand new this year - it is taking the place of Santa's Reindeer Round-Up. So the candy cane cotton candy is totally new. The cookie decorating had been moved out of the Round-Up but it sounds like it is now back at the Jamboree. The Jamboree 'soft opened' over this weekend, so I'm not sure how many people actually took the time to go back there and check it out, get details, etc.

I am headed to DLR tomorrow (the official start date of the season) on an info-gathering/photo taking mission, and the Jamboree is one of the stops on my list. I am planning to get all of that menu/pricing info if I can find it.

THank you, thank you, thank you!! Have a great time tomorrow! We leave Wed. morning to drive and will be in DCA Thurs. and DL Friday. I'm so excited to be there!!

Past trips: Mar. 2013, Nov 2012, Oct. 2011, Mar. 2009, June 2006... Can't remember before that!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #3395
10stime
Earning My Ears

I don't get to enjoy everything until December 12th but I saw a picture on twitter of the counter service menu that's located inside the Jingle Jangle Jamboree. Here's what they have and the prices:

Merry Monte Cristo Bites $6.25
Mrs. Claus' Cookie (decorate your own) $6.00
Candy Cane Cotton Candy $4.00
Santa's Chicken Bratwurst and Sauerkraut $7.50
Sleigh Ride Hot Cider $3.00
Ho-Ho-Hot Chocolate $3.00
Hot Beverage with a souvenir mug $6.25
North Pole Coolers (soda) $3.25
Dasani Water $3.00
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #3396
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
julieheyer -

How sad is it that I am excited for you to go to DL tomorrow just so I can see your pictures and read your report? lol Have a great time!!!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas 2012

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #3397
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieheyer

TIA!
I was over there yesterday. We saw Mrs Claus, Minnie in her Christmas dress, Pluto, Chip and Dale, some of the bears from Country Bear Jamboree, and there was a line for Santa Claus. They had one station for Reindeer Games which looked like a bean bag toss and spin the wheel. They had a coloring station and a cookie decorating station. There were barely any lines when we where there as there were hardly any people! We had full conversations with CMs and Mrs Claus.

I thought all the stations were free, including the cookie one, but as we didn't participate, I could be wrong. The candy cane cotton candy was $4 as someone posted below. They sell all the food from one station, but again, there was no line when we were there. It didn't seem there were very many GF options, as the savory dishes both included bread. The list the previous poster had was correct, and that is all the food available.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #3398
disneymom23
Mouseketeer

Sherry,

Have fun tomorrow! Let me know if you see any gingerbread men cookies. We're not doing the tour this year and that's where we got my favorite cookies. We fly down on Thursday night.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #3399
sirvin12
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to see your report Sherry!!!!

Shannon
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #3400
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

I can't wait to see your pictures, Sherry! Have a wonderful time!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #3401
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Thank you, everyone! I will be sure to report back with info & photos! But before I head to DLR today to enjoy the first official day of the holiday season...

It is time for the FINAL Theme Week of 2012!!!!

The Holiday Season Begins TODAY
at the Disneyland Resort!!!!

Since late August, I have created themes to help us count down to the DLR holidays' official start date and build excitement for it, as well as showcase areas or details (in photos) that might otherwise be overlooked. I have covered a wide range of highlights of the Disneyland Resort holiday season, writing up intros and sharing my photos to set the stage for each theme.

Thankfully, this is an idea that caught on with the thread followers in 2011 and continued this year. Many of you have been kind enough to share your wonderful photos as well! The number of both views and posts in this thread has increased tremendously. Plus, we have been joined by many new people along the way.

Hopefully I have given everyone some ideas of the extra special little things to look out for (and take photos of!) as you are strolling around Disneyland Resort during the magical holiday season.

Thank you to everyone who has participated and/or followed along with the Countdown for the last 11 weeks (covering 17 themes prior to today). I hope you will stick with me as we begin to see photos and learn information about the new 2012 holiday season - and there WILL be a Theme Week Countdown beginning in August 2013, with a few new categories added into the mix, so keep those photos handy!!

In the spotlight today is, quite simply, a...

HOLIDAY CORNUCOPIA!!!

Today is the day to share any photos you did not get to post in previous theme weeks. OR, even if you have already posted them, share your absolute favorite photos of the bunch, whether they are family Disneyland photos, scenic/landscape photos, PhotoPass whatever they are - if it involves the holidays at Disneyland Resort and it is your own personal photo (not belonging to someone else), share it with us!

Favorite Main Street photos

(2010)

(2011)

Favorite Toontown photo (2010)

Favorite Grand Californian Hotel photos

(2010)

(2011)

Storytellers Café gingerbread house (2011)

Favorite Paradise Pier Hotel photos (2010)

Favorite Disneyland Hotel photos (2010)

Favorite Reindeer Round-Up Photo (2010)

My favorite PhotoPass pictures

(2008)

(2009)

Vintage Photos

(December 1992)

(December 1993 & 1994)

(December 2000 - Look at the crazy coloring on IASWH!)

Please feel free to post whichever Disneyland Resort holiday photos you would like!

Again, thank you! Let the holidays BEGIN!! I'll see you next year for Theme Weeks 2013!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 11-12-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #3402
jacs1234
DIS Veteran

What's the story with the gingerbread house at Storytellers?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #3403
CajunMomof3
DIS Veteran

Sherry, thanks for organizing this thread. It has made my wait much more bearable- lol!
Now what am I going to do?!?!
Pop Century (11/07), All-Star Movies (10/08), Port Orleans- Riverside (6/09), Coronado Springs (10/09), Boardwalk Villas (11/10), Boardwalk Inn (4/11), Port Orleans- Riverside/Polynesian (10/11), Grand Floridian (3/12), DisneyLand Hotel (12/12), Disney Magic (3/13), ** AP**Wilderness Lodge (7/13), POR (7/13), POFQ (8/13), SOG (8/13)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #3404
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Sherry and others - thank you so much for your photos. Christmas at Disneyland is my favorite and I can't wait for this weekend to finally be here. The photos have helped keep me in the spirit!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #3405
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer

Here are a few for today..

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: