Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #3376
JediMasterNerd
Earning My Ears

Question

Hi all,

While I'm still 6-7 weeks out I'm already thinking about how to surprise my son with our Christmas trip.... After reading about the addition of glow ears for the fireworks I thought that would be great. But it looks like you can only buy them at Disneyland and not online nor at a Disney store... Anyone know for sure?? Are there Christmas versions of the ears?? Any other ideas on ways to surprise a kid with a Christmas trip?

Thanks,
J.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #3377
dismomofbn
Always in the mood for a DoleWhip!

We arrived yesterday for the opening weekend of the holidays. We woke up our kids at 3 am to catch our flight and were so pleased that we had actually pulled off the surprise trip we had been planning for months. I just wanted to report that there is snow in DCA! We went to the Mad T party last night and as they belted out the Christmas songs, snow started falling! It was an amazing surprise and the kids (DS 17 & DD 14) had a blast. Can't wait to do more holiday exploring today at both parks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #3378
LullahBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismomofbn View Post
We arrived yesterday for the opening weekend of the holidays. We woke up our kids at 3 am to catch our flight and were so pleased that we had actually pulled off the surprise trip we had been planning for months. I just wanted to report that there is snow in DCA! We went to the Mad T party last night and as they belted out the Christmas songs, snow started falling! It was an amazing surprise and the kids (DS 17 & DD 14) had a blast. Can't wait to do more holiday exploring today at both parks.
HOW EXCITING!! I'll be there in exactly 1 week, and love hearing how the Holiday season is already being rolled out! And yes, did hear about the snowstorm that hit the West Coast...unfortunately it's moving East, but that's another story, lol.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #3379
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Were in the home stretch! With just days to go until November 12th rolls around, you know what that means....

Its time for the Daily Countdown to the holiday season!!!

...Only 2 Days Until the
Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

Each day this week there has been a new Disneyland Resort holiday mini-theme!! Some of the daily themes may have tied tie in to a theme from the prior day or from the following day, or even tied into the main theme for the week (which is the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort until 11/12). If you didnt have any holiday photos of the Hotels, you may have had photos for one of the mini-themes. You may have photos that applied to both the mini-themes and the weekly themes. Its all good!

Everyones photos have fit into many of the themes one way or the other  whether its been the overall weekly theme or the daily mini-themes, or both! Everything blended together and (hopefully) transitioned nicely so that no one had to sit out of the photo-sharing fun for longer than a couple of days.

Tomorrow is the final mini-theme of the countdown, and the final major theme will be in 2 days - on Monday, November 12th.

In the spotlight today&

HOLIDAY WREATHS!!!

Much like the Christmas trees of the Disneyland Resort, you can find a wide variety of festive wreaths fitting the various themes and color schemes of their designated posts/locations  in both parks, inside restaurants, in shops, on rides, in Downtown Disney and at the 3 hotels.

Ive taken photos of many of these wreaths. Today, I am sharing pictures of some my favorites of the bunch!

Main Street&

Vintage Main Street  Circa 1993&

Carnation Café&

Frontierland&

Santas Reindeer Round-Up&

Toontown&

Vintage Toontown  Circa 2001&

Its a Small World Holiday (I am only including a few here, but there are many wreaths lining the path to IASWH)&

New Orleans Square (Im not including the masks because those are masks, not wreaths!)&

Disneyland Hotel&

Goofys Kitchen&

Uh oh! Someones got a wreath on his head!

Please feel free to post your holiday wreath pictures!

Stay tuned for the final daily countdown mini-theme tomorrow &and then we will wrap up our countdowns and themes on Monday, November 12th!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #3380
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

I am soooo excited! I think I am even more excited to go during the Christmas season then I was to go in Halloween!

I keep looking at these wonderful pictures and loving it!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #3381
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismomofbn View Post
I don't suppose you know what time it was when it snowed at the Mad T Party do you?

There are a few of us that want to know what times in the evening this happens. We have never been there so don't know what T time is all about.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #3382
10stime
Earning My Ears

For those of you Monte Cristo lovers, I saw a picture on another website of the Monte Cristo Bites they are offering at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year (8 pieces with dipping sauce for $6.25). They are also doing the decorate your own cookie (my niece loved doing this our last trip) and candy cane cotton candy!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #3383
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10stime View Post
For those of you Monte Cristo lovers, I saw a picture on another website of the Monte Cristo Bites they are offering at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year (8 pieces with dipping sauce for $6.25). They are also doing the decorate your own cookie (my niece loved doing this our last trip) and candy cane cotton candy!
I am not a fan of the Monte Cristo but love cotton candy and candy canes. I will have to try the combination when we go.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #3384
mrslamb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10stime View Post
What is the Jingle Jangle Jamboree?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #3385
dizneedoll
Curioser and Curioser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslamb View Post
What is the Jingle Jangle Jamboree?
It's basically the holiday stuff they do the Big Thunder Ranch area.

From the Disney Parks Blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...sneyland-park/

1975 Contemporary-- 1995 Polynesian-- 2004 Wildreness Lodge-- 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter-- 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland-50+ times

Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #3386
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Just a quick post to say we arrived in CA yesterday and had great fun so far. Monday afternoon brings us to Disneyland!!!! Yaaaaahoooooooo!!!!!

We did El Capitan too see Wreck It Ralph, visited Soda Shop. Today was D23 day with Mickeys of Glendale fun, lunch at O Shanters, then the D23 Studio Tour. Good lot, I bought stuff...too much stuff. LOL! Monday includes a visit to Ron Reagan Library before heading to Disneyland.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #3387
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

That sounds great, we really missed the cookie decorating when they put the Thunder Mtn BBQ in the spot where it used to be and the cookies weren’t offered anymore. Now we have many reasons to check out the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year... Santa, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will be there, they will have the cookies to decorate, and they will have Monte Christo bites which sound delectable!!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Old 11-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #3388
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

NOS

On the castle

I seem to take the same pics every year...although I did attempt to be a bit 'artier'

Castle again

NOS
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #3389
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

As I busily prepare to head to our beloved parks tomorrow for the opening day of the holiday season, I also must bring this thread’s Theme Weeks Countdown to its near-finish. We’re almost there! With November 12th coming tomorrow, you know what that means....

It’s time for the Daily Countdown to the holiday season!!!

...Only 1 Day Until the
Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

Each day this week there has been a new Disneyland Resort holiday mini-theme!! Some of the daily themes may have tied tie in to a theme from the prior day or from the following day, or even tied into the main theme for the week (which is the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort until 11/12). If you didn’t have any holiday photos of the Hotels, you may have had photos for one of the mini-themes. You may have photos that applied to both the mini-themes and the weekly themes. It’s all good!

Everyone’s photos have fit into many of the themes one way or the other – whether it’s been the overall weekly theme or the daily mini-themes, or both! Everything blended together and (hopefully) transitioned nicely so that no one had to sit out of the photo-sharing fun for longer than a couple of days.

Today is the final mini-theme of this year’s countdown, and the final major theme will be tomorrow - on Monday, November 12th.

In the spotlight today is the enchanting, glowing, sparkling, icicle-covered symbol of the Disneyland Resort Holiday season…

SLEEPING BEAUTY'S WINTER CASTLE!!!

As the primary icon of the holiday season at Disneyland Resort, the Winter Castle shines like a glorious beacon in the night, warming our hearts and bringing smiles to our faces. But be sure to catch it when its icicles are in full ‘sparkle mode,’ as the lights on the Castle intermittently ‘turn on and off’ after dark!

PhotoPass photographers are usually stationed in front of the Castle during both the day and night, to capture those perfect Christmas card-worthy shots. While the icicles are not as impressive in the daytime, the festive wreaths and snow-capped turrets do not disappoint.

Please feel free to post your Winter Castle pictures!

Stay tuned for the final theme of 2012, coming tomorrow - Monday, November 12th!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #3390
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Here are some of mine from last year. Thought the castle was so beautiful!!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas/New Years 2012-2013, February 2015

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 16 DS 11
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: