Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #3361
lurpee
Mouseketeer
 
lurpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seaside, OR
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyledSugar
Love today's theme!! Question though -- is there normally a photopass photographer near the castle at night? Those look beautiful!!

We got the Photopass + thing for our upcoming trip and all of these pics are reassuring me that we've made the right choice. There has always been a major lack of photopass photogs whenever we go so I was quite worried about whether it would be worth it or not. We mainly got it for the character meals and ride pictures but I'd love tons of photopass pics!

Can anyone tell me where the main photo ops are? Just so we make sure we hit all of those locations! Thanks!!
I have a question regarding this. What is the best way/time to get a pic in front of the castle?
__________________
Kerri

lurpee is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #3362
JediMasterNerd
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 44

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

Love this photo! I need to try to get this one with my son.

J.
__________________
Visited Disneyland for Christmas - Dec 23 - 27, 2012
JediMasterNerd is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #3363
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us
 
DSNY4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 3,114

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all these photo pass pics, they are fabulous! I think I might have to break down and buy one from in front of the castle all lit up, those are fantastic. 15 days till I am there
__________________
"Being green is not a trend. It is, perhaps, the most important challenge of our time." -John Fahey-

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #3364
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

yay, just booked our fantasmic dessert seating for the 9th of December - it is like that flicked the excited switch or something. Up until now I've just been stressed out with all the things I have to do before we go but now I am just excited to see everything. Loving the family photos with santa, I am going to totally make my family do that!

and on that note given it is 5.30 saturday morning here I am going to try going back to bed
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &

Beee is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #3365
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,916
DISboards Moderator

With just days to go until November 12th rolls around, you know what that means....



It’s time for the Daily Countdown to the holiday season!!!




...Only 3 Days Until the
Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!





Each day this week there will be a new Disneyland Resort holiday mini-theme!! Some of the daily themes may tie in to a theme from the prior day or from the following day, or even tie into the main theme for the week (which is the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort until 11/12). If you don’t have any holiday photos of the Hotels, you may have photos for one of the mini-themes. You may have photos that apply to both the mini-themes and the weekly themes. It’s all good!

Everyone’s photos will fit into many of the themes one way or the other – whether it’s the overall weekly theme or the daily mini-themes, or both! Everything should blend together and (hopefully) transition nicely so that no one has to sit out of the photo-sharing fun for longer than a couple of days.





In the spotlight today…




HOLIDAY CHARACTER PHOTOS!!!




During the holiday season at Disneyland Resort, sometimes the characters in the parks will dress in Winter sweaters & scarves or Santa Hats – maybe even reindeer ears. Sometimes they simply wear their ‘street clothes’ and stand in front of a holiday display of some kind. Often times you can find these furry, playful friends around Main Street or in Toontown. Occasionally they will appear in their seasonal outfits at character meals (more recently at Minnie & Friends).


Today I am mostly posting my vintage holiday character photos (with more recent ones thrown in at the end), but please feel free to share any holiday character photos you have from any year the Disneyland Resort!!!!.







Let me go into the vault to start this off. These are all non-PhotoPass character pictures.



From 1990 – Santa Goofy used to hang out in Frontierland…and on this day it was cold! It was only in the upper 40’s in the daytime and a crisp 30 degrees at night (which was a very rare occasion in SoCal at that time)! Brrrr!...









From 1992…







From 1993 & 1994…



























See the interesting Christmas tree behind us, in front of the Castle? This was not the “Winter Castle” in the old days…




























From 2001…












From December 2007 – Goofy caught me off guard in Toontown!...









From December 2009…








From December 2010…






Reindeer Pluto!










From December 2011…




Duffy butt!









Please feel free to post your holiday character pictures (and they can be non-PhotoPass pictures or PhotoPass pictures)!

Stay tuned for another daily countdown mini-theme tomorrow …and then we will finally wrap up our countdowns and themes on Monday, November 12th!!

I will be doing mini-daily themes every day this week from today (Friday, November 9th) through Sunday, November 11th, and then the final weekly theme will be on Monday, November 12th – but please continue to post your Hotels of the Disneyland Resort pictures all week long if you have them (or any other mini-theme photos too)!!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #3366
hollyshoffbrau
Earning My Ears
 
hollyshoffbrau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: No CA
Posts: 67

Thank you for all of the pics! They are helping me *BIGTIME* to get geared up to head back in Dec seeing all of these!!!
__________________
AP =
hollyshoffbrau is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #3367
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,559

Thanks for the great pictures, Sherry!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee View Post
yay, just booked our fantasmic dessert seating for the 9th of December - it is like that flicked the excited switch or something. Up until now I've just been stressed out with all the things I have to do before we go but now I am just excited to see everything. Loving the family photos with santa, I am going to totally make my family do that!

and on that note given it is 5.30 saturday morning here I am going to try going back to bed
Hi, Beee! I just booked Fantasmic for the 9th as well! Which show? We're going to the 9pm show. Hope to see you there!
__________________
Escape2Disney is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #3368
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyledSugar View Post
Love today's theme!! Question though -- is there normally a photopass photographer near the castle at night? Those look beautiful!!

We got the Photopass + thing for our upcoming trip and all of these pics are reassuring me that we've made the right choice. There has always been a major lack of photopass photogs whenever we go so I was quite worried about whether it would be worth it or not. We mainly got it for the character meals and ride pictures but I'd love tons of photopass pics!

Can anyone tell me where the main photo ops are? Just so we make sure we hit all of those locations! Thanks!!
Yes the PP Photographers are out at night by the hub. Look for their tripods! Usually right in front of the castle and in the little spot on the way to Tomorrowland.

In my experience the main photopass photo-ops are outside DL in front of the Mickey and the train station, on Mainstreet by the tree, walking up Mainstreet with either the tree behind you of the castle. In the hub by the Partners statue, in front of the castle.

DCA will probably be different now with BVS and CarsLand but it used to be the gazebo by Ariel's at Paradise Pier.

A great tip I got was to take a picture of your photopass card in case you loose it. You'll be able to combine cards when you order your CD if you do.

TK
tksbaskets is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #3369
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
Thanks for the great pictures, Sherry!




Hi, Beee! I just booked Fantasmic for the 9th as well! Which show? We're going to the 9pm show. Hope to see you there!
same as us! Seeing as we arrive that day after a 14hr flight I didn't think I'd make it for the 10pm show - you will recognise us easily I think lol I will be the one trying not to fall asleep in my chair
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &

Beee is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #3370
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee View Post
same as us! Seeing as we arrive that day after a 14hr flight I didn't think I'd make it for the 10pm show - you will recognise us easily I think lol I will be the one trying not to fall asleep in my chair
You poor thing! That's a long flight! I'll be the curly-haired one arriving in a scooter with 2 other women. Are you going to stay in your seat to watch the fireworks after?
__________________
Escape2Disney is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #3371
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
You poor thing! That's a long flight! I'll be the curly-haired one arriving in a scooter with 2 other women. Are you going to stay in your seat to watch the fireworks after?
I know its not the greatest view but we are pretty excited to see the fireworks as a great finale to our first day in the park so we'll probably do that and then try to see it from a better view later in our stay.
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &

Beee is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #3372
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!
 
minnieandmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: California
Posts: 5,510

Just saw the Towmater Christmas commercial! Hubby and I will be there 2 weeks from Sunday for our 24th Anniversary. Using the last of our AP's (next year we are going to London!) Love this time of year!
__________________
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #3373
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer
 
pattyduke34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ca
Posts: 233

Here are a few for today's theme..

















__________________
pattyduke34 is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #3374
kswm30b
DIS Veteran
 
kswm30b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 988

This is my favorite day of pics so far

Love the old pics, Sherry! If only Roger Rabbit still met!
__________________


My Disney scrapbook albums: 2007 / 2003-2007 day trips / digital (14 trips, 2007-2012 layouts)

Pics of all the Characters I've met at Disney: I Love Characters!
kswm30b is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #3375
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse
 
StyledSugar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Yes the PP Photographers are out at night by the hub. Look for their tripods! Usually right in front of the castle and in the little spot on the way to Tomorrowland.

In my experience the main photopass photo-ops are outside DL in front of the Mickey and the train station, on Mainstreet by the tree, walking up Mainstreet with either the tree behind you of the castle. In the hub by the Partners statue, in front of the castle.

DCA will probably be different now with BVS and CarsLand but it used to be the gazebo by Ariel's at Paradise Pier.

A great tip I got was to take a picture of your photopass card in case you loose it. You'll be able to combine cards when you order your CD if you do.

TK
Thank you very much for the information!! This will be the first trip where we'll be scouting out photopass photogs. lol

Looks like we'll be in the park at the same time. Hope you have a great trip!
__________________



DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas/New Years 2012-2013

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
StyledSugar is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: