Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #3331
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

With just days to go until November 12th rolls around, you know what that means....

It’s time for the Daily Countdown to the holiday season!!!

...Only 5 Days Until the
Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

Each day this week there will be a new Disneyland Resort holiday mini-theme!! Some of the daily themes may tie in to a theme from the prior day or from the following day, or even tie into the main theme for the week (which is the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort until 11/12). If you don’t have any holiday photos of the Hotels, you may have photos for one of the mini-themes. You may have photos that apply to both the mini-themes and the weekly themes. It’s all good!

Everyone’s photos will fit into many of the themes one way or the other – whether it’s the overall weekly theme or the daily mini-themes, or both! Everything should blend together and (hopefully) transition nicely so that no one has to sit out of the photo-sharing fun for longer than a couple of days.

In the spotlight today we are taking a stroll through a couple of the more rustic lands of Disneyland…

(I had the most fun writing up the intro to this theme!)

FRONTIERLAND and CRITTER COUNTRY!!!

When you enter Frontierland, you are instantly transported to the Old West. From the horseshoe imprints in the cement to the craggy peaks of Big Thunder Mountain, to the faint strains of banjo music that are difficult to trace, the moment you step into this land evocative of whippoorwills and weeds, Sarsaparilla and saloons, you feel you have stepped back in time to a rusty, dusty town. Add in a little dash of the holidays, and you are in for a rootin’ tootin’ good time!!

In Frontierland, ambient Christmas music is infused with that special twang and it is not uncommon to hear Country-Western inspired renditions of “O Holy Night” or “Sleigh Ride” as you roam around. Over at the Golden Horseshoe, the wild and rollicking Billy Hill & the Hillbillies have held court for years, entertaining guests with their bluegrass holiday spectacular, but this year they will relocate to a new home at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree.

Grab your boots and hat and mosey on down to Frontierland to celebrate the season, cowboy-style!

Just a whisper away from Frontierland is the little woodsy hamlet of Critter Country, home to the endearing Winnie the Pooh and his friends, including Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore…and maybe a ‘Brer’ or two!

As you can imagine, the Critters celebrate the holidays in their own unique way, and things are ever so slightly topsy-turvy here and there, such as the Christmas tree located in the Pooh Corner gift shop. One version of the tree featured ornaments covered in ‘hunny’….but the pots from which that hunny was spilling were located below the ornaments, rather than above them. (Ponder that for a moment.) What’s wrong with that picture? It’s a detail that implies things are charmingly askew in the Hundred Acre Wood (perhaps it was a rather blustery day when Pooh decorated his tree?).

Frontierland…

Critter Country…

Please feel free to post your photos of Frontierland & Critter Country all this week!

(I am mainly focusing on the parts of Frontierland that do not involve Santa’s Reindeer Round-Up. The Round-Up has already been covered in a prior theme week. BUT, as that is a part of Frontierland, if you have photos of the Round-Up that you did not previously post during that theme week [back in September], feel free to share them as part of your Frontierland contributions!!!)

Stay tuned for another daily countdown mini-theme tomorrow …and then we will finally wrap up our countdowns and themes on Monday, November 12th!!

I will be doing mini-daily themes every day this week from today (Wednesday, November 7th) through Sunday, November 11th, and then the final weekly theme will be on Monday, November 12th – but please continue to post your Hotels of the Disneyland Resort pictures all week long if you have them (or any other mini-theme photos too)!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #3332
sirvin12
Mouseketeer

Getting really excited!!!!!! Love everything Sherry and can't wait to see your report after you go on the 12th!

Shannon

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #3333
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Okay, if I was to plant my family on the Carthay side of the sidewalk, facing the entrance at 4:40ish... I should be able to see the tree lighting at 5 and the PPP at 5:15, don'tcha think?? Looking at the map, I would think the tree will be in that area between the fountain and the new partner's statue...

And on a related note, has anyone ridden the street car yet? Does it make multiple stops between the entrance and ToT?

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 11-07-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #3334
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Is the tree going to be there? Not in last years place on Paradise Pier? I would hope they would put it in the entrance, but before this year the DCA tree has never even had Christmas Lights on it - unless it did last year - we missed Christmas at Disneyland last year.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #3335
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I'm going by the sketch in the parks blogs... and the calendar now has the tree lighting at 5 pm...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #3336
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

I want to purchase that picture, thanks for the link. I can't wait to see it.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #3337
kswm30b
DIS Veteran

Sunday was my 30 day countdown, I feel so unprepared!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby
I'm going by the sketch in the parks blogs... and the calendar now has the tree lighting at 5 pm...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/
My friend was there yesterday, here's a pic of the Christmas tree she posted on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/RtJ5eWA38W/

What is the tree lighting like? Is it worth seeing?

My Disney scrapbook albums: 2007 / 2003-2007 day trips / digital (14 trips, 2007-2012 layouts)

Pics of all the Characters I've met at Disney: I Love Characters!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #3338
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

If it is anything like the Disneyland tree lighting, yes it is worth seeing.

That tree was absolutely beautiful, thanks for the link to your friend's picture. I still have 44 days before our trip and can't wait.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #3339
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Love today's theme. I think I just figured out that we don't spend much time in either spot - no pics from me today.

I know we were in Critter Country once because I led my family into a dead end by the Winnie the Pooh ride.....I'm sure we've walked through Frontierland.

See - I have to go back!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #3340
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer

I did not get many pictures of this area...but found a few from last year.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #3341
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

can't wait to see it all in person...I'll be there this weekend!!!!

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey Larry
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014 DLR New Year's 2014/15, US/WDW Feb. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Poly-1, Disneyland Hotel-1, Disney grand Californian-2, Paradise Pier-3
Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #3342
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

I don't have any pictures to add, but wanted to say thank you to all of the photo contributors. I came down with some awful cold this week, and it lifts my spirits to see all of the awesome pics!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #3343
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

The vacation planning CM told me that there will be no Santa's Round-up with the reindeer this year. I hope she is wrong. What is the Jingle Jangle Jamboree? Is it the BBQ at the thunder Ranch? Is it warm enough to eat there in December? We will be there December 18-23. This is our first time so we are sooooo excited.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #3344
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Believe starts tomorrow night! Should be a soft start - full fireworks and music but no castle lighting and effects during the show - no soap snow afterwards etc.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #3345
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

With just days to go until November 12th rolls around, you know what that means....

It’s time for the Daily Countdown to the holiday season!!!

...Only 4 Days Until the
Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

Each day this week there will be a new Disneyland Resort holiday mini-theme!! Some of the daily themes may tie in to a theme from the prior day or from the following day, or even tie into the main theme for the week (which is the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort until 11/12). If you don’t have any holiday photos of the Hotels, you may have photos for one of the mini-themes. You may have photos that apply to both the mini-themes and the weekly themes. It’s all good!

Everyone’s photos will fit into many of the themes one way or the other – whether it’s the overall weekly theme or the daily mini-themes, or both! Everything should blend together and (hopefully) transition nicely so that no one has to sit out of the photo-sharing fun for longer than a couple of days.

In the spotlight today…

HOLIDAY PHOTOPASS PICTURES!!!

Whether you’ve held Tink in your hand, gasped in shock at Stitch popping up out of the ground, pointed up at Disney characters ‘soarin’ overhead or sat on a bench next to Mickey, chances are you may have posed for a PhotoPass picture or two in the past.

During the Christmas season you will find extra special holiday PhotoPass opportunities, including the dazzling nighttime Winter Castle; the enormous tree on Main Street; the magnificent It’s a Small World Holiday façade after dark; Santa Duffy at his post in California Adventure; the ‘real’ Santa in front of the stunning tree in the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel, and many more. Accentuate those photos with festive themed borders on the PhotoPass website and you’ve got the perfect family Christmas cards!

This year the array of fun PhotoPass opportunities is sure to be bountiful with the addition of Buena Vista Street’s unique Yuletide celebration and Cars Land’s own special spin on the season.

December 2008…

December 2009…

December 2010…

December 2011 - Notice the teeny tiny hidden Mickeys in the white border…

Please feel free to post your holiday PhotoPass pictures!

Stay tuned for another daily countdown mini-theme tomorrow …and then we will finally wrap up our countdowns and themes on Monday, November 12th!!

I will be doing mini-daily themes every day this week from today (Thursday, November 8th) through Sunday, November 11th, and then the final weekly theme will be on Monday, November 12th – but please continue to post your Hotels of the Disneyland Resort pictures all week long if you have them (or any other mini-theme photos too)!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: