Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #3316
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
Eeek! Have you guys checked out Disneyland.com today? Mater is there on the bottom of the screen--and you can "follow" him and see random holiday stuff. They are tricking out the Mad T Party-- and it says:

You're Invited to the Holiday T Party

Hats off to our first-ever rock-and-roll Holiday celebration! Between November 12, 2012 and January 6, 2013, Mad T Party gets much more… "muchier": Guests who pass through the Rabbit Hole will be treated to holiday songs played by our own Mad T Party Band, a festive décor, wondiferous lighting and video effects, and more wintry whimsy throughout the party. Oh, and make sure you're there to raise a cup at "T Time" — the Mad Hatter is predicting snow!

And... WOC Holiday Surprise:

Witness an enthralling nighttime spectacular weaving water, color, fire and light into a kaleidoscope of fantasy and imagination. Watch Disney characters come to life on a shimmering veil of mist as more than 1,000 jets of water form fanciful shapes in time to the music. Joining this colorful cast of characters is Merida, from the Disney•Pixar animated motion picture Brave.

A Big Job for 2 Little Guys

Even after 227 years of making sure the holidays go off without a hitch, Kringle Academy elves Lanny and Wayne — from Disney Prep & Landing — are beside them-elves making last-minute preparations for the arrival of Santa. Can they pull it off?

Be dazzled and delighted by this festive feast for the senses at Disney California Adventure Park.

Ooooh... and if you are going after new years... they are doing 3 King's Day... maybe this is normal... but I had never heard of it!

Join us at Big Thunder Festival Arena in Frontierland at Disneyland Park for a 3-day celebration of this Hispanic holiday commemorating the 3 gift-giving kings.

January 4, 5 and 6, 2013

For generations, the people of Spain, Mexico, Central America and Puerto Rico have observed this important holiday, also known as Epiphany, with their own unique traditions. Celebrate with this tribute featuring merry mariachi music, colorfully clad dancers and scenic displays depicting holiday rituals.

Big Thunder Festival Arena will be brightly dressed up for the occasion in cheerful colors, hanging papel picado banners and fresh flowers. See statues of the Three Wise Men bearing gifts, as well as little toy-filled shoes left out by hopeful children the night before in anticipation of gifts from the kings.

Hot Entertainment and Hot Tamales!

Enjoy live performances throughout the celebration as the Ballet Folklorico Dancers swirl and sway in their voluminous, jewel-toned skirts and the sounds of the Grammy®-winning Mariachi Divas delight your eardrums. Some of your favorite Disney Characters will be dressed in their fiesta best, ready to party with you!

Little kings and queens can color in the Three Kings or customize their own paper crown with sparkling "jewels." Then get a heavenly new look with a face-painted sun, moon or star!

And what holiday would be complete without something delicious? Rancho del Zocalo restaurant is featuring several specials available only during the Three Kings' Day Celebration, including sweet corn tamales with pineapple and cajeta, and savory blue-corn tamales with jack cheese in a green chili tomatillo sauce. For a sweet treat, try the cake known as Rosca de Reyes — there could be a tiny baby hidden inside! — or a strawberry-filled churro.

Mommy2PrincessAbby -

Great info! Thank you so much. When I was on the DLR site yesterday, there was no Mater to follow and see random things...at least not that I saw. Maybe he was there on a different page than where I was. Then again, I also checked that darn Parks Blog repeatedly yesterday and didn't see one thing about the CP. As soon as I stopped checking it, they put up a blog about the CP!

You know, I could be wrong on this but to my knowledge, the 3 Kings Day celebration at DLR did not begin until this past January. I don't remember hearing about it prior to the holiday season of 2011.

I've got to gather up all of the most recent links to the various blogs and news items and put them on Page 1 of the thread...

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #3317
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Mater being there to "follow" put me in a much better mood after all the CP stuff yesterday. But, now of course--I must know when T time is, and how often? I want to see the snow during the Mad T Party!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #3318
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I emailed VP again today about the Christmas room amenities... this is their response (more detail than last week's response! But lousy punctuation lol!)

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your e-mail. We will be having Christmas Themed amenities available for purchase . They include a Holiday In Room Celebration , Holiday Tree and a Santa Bag filled with Disney merchandise . We are still in the process of finalizing all the items so we do not have a final price a for the amenities .
We are looking in about 2 weeks to have all amenities finalized .
Please contact our office or e-mail us again to get the updated information .
Best regards,
Disney Vacation Planning
Disneyland Resort .

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 11-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #3319
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I don't have a ton of flower/plant pics but I did find a few from my Dec. 2011 trip!!

The poinsettias were plentiful through out the parks and hotels. Stunning!!

This was taken in front of the PPH.......granted, not a Christmas/Holiday flower but beautiful anyways~~Bird of Paradise.

Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 11-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #3320
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I posted by displeasure on the Disney Blog on not having a chance to have a good seat to witness the CP. I'm really disheartened about the whole situation. The more things I see the Disneyland Resort implement the more I shake my head. Raising costs (I've heard more price hikes are on the way), confusion about early magic hours this past summer, Candlelight Processional exclusions (What would Walt Disney say about this? Shouldn't the Christmas Story be for everyone?), and now the possibility of another hard ticket event for next year? When is enough enough?

Sorry for the rant.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 11-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #3321
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
I posted by displeasure on the Disney Blog on not having a chance to have a good seat to witness the CP. I'm really disheartened about the whole situation. The more things I see the Disneyland Resort implement the more I shake my head. Raising costs (I've heard more price hikes are on the way), confusion about early magic hours this past summer, Candlelight Processional exclusions (What would Walt Disney say about this? Shouldn't the Christmas Story be for everyone?), and now the possibility of another hard ticket event for next year? When is enough enough?

Sorry for the rant.
So did I. Hope yours stays on there, mine is gone. Late last night, about 11 PM Eastern, there were 2 or 3 negative posts. I added mine too, I think I was no. 16. Checked the blog early this morning, the others were gone, mine was still there with a line on that it was awaiting moderation. And this evening, my negative post is gone.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #3322
perlster
DIS Veteran

One of the replies to the post today on the Disney blog confirms that there will be no reindeer at Disneyland Park this year.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #3323
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer

I have a few that I took last Christmas season..Not the greatest but some different ones...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #3324
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:

Sorry for the rant.
I feel the same........the park is becoming a place for those who have the money to get the perks. I really wonder about the direction the executives are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
So did I. Hope yours stays on there, mine is gone. Late last night, about 11 PM Eastern, there were 2 or 3 negative posts. I added mine too, I think I was no. 16. Checked the blog early this morning, the others were gone, mine was still there with a line on that it was awaiting moderation. And this evening, my negative post is gone.
My comment on the blog is gone too and I really wasn't "angry", just disappointed and I hoped the "suits" were reading the comments to get a feel for how the public feels. Really upset that it's no longer there........I didn't go overboard and rant......just stating disappointment in the lack of options for my family. I mentioned that standing room only wouldn't work for us because of my special needs twins. I guess they didn't like that comment??? I ranted here more than on the blog....just saying.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #3325
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I feel the same........the park is becoming a place for those who have the money to get the perks. I really wonder about the direction the executives are going.

My comment on the blog is gone too and I really wasn't "angry", just disappointed and I hoped the "suits" were reading the comments to get a feel for how the public feels. Really upset that it's no longer there........I didn't go overboard and rant......just stating disappointment in the lack of options for my family. I mentioned that standing room only wouldn't work for us because of my special needs twins. I guess they didn't like that comment??? I ranted here more than on the blog....just saying.
Yep. I posted twice...one just stating facts and the other showing disapointment. The post with disapointment disappeared.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #3326
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

2011:

I guess flower pictures aren't my thing...
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #3327
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I posted by displeasure on the Disney Blog on not having a chance to have a good seat to witness the CP. I'm really disheartened about the whole situation. The more things I see the Disneyland Resort implement the more I shake my head.
My comment is still there. Thought it would be gone. Usually I'm more of a negative person when I'm mad, but tried to make it not so negative so it had a chance to stay.

Here's my comment:

We have been planning this trip for months. We had planned on attending the Candlelight Processional before it was announced to be twenty nights. But once it was extended and announced that there would be dining packages, my in-laws decided to come along. Now, I’m disappointed that there are no dining packages that I looking forward to purchasing; if I was never told there would be, then I wouldn’t be suffering this disappointment. Now I don’t know what to do about my in-laws. They are not handicapped, but they are not able to be standing beforehand waiting at a spot and then wait more during the show. I was worried about them making it through the parks, but at least they could sit down if they needed a break. If we need to stand for an hour I think we’ll have to leave them and tell them that the show that pushed them to go is no longer available for them.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #3328
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
My comment is still there. Thought it would be gone. Usually I'm more of a negative person when I'm mad, but tried to make it not so negative so it had a chance to stay.

Here's my comment:

We have been planning this trip for months. We had planned on attending the Candlelight Processional before it was announced to be twenty nights. But once it was extended and announced that there would be dining packages, my in-laws decided to come along. Now, I’m disappointed that there are no dining packages that I looking forward to purchasing; if I was never told there would be, then I wouldn’t be suffering this disappointment. Now I don’t know what to do about my in-laws. They are not handicapped, but they are not able to be standing beforehand waiting at a spot and then wait more during the show. I was worried about them making it through the parks, but at least they could sit down if they needed a break. If we need to stand for an hour I think we’ll have to leave them and tell them that the show that pushed them to go is no longer available for them.
Saw that one. Good post! Mine was that we were flying across the counrty just to come there & Disney seems to care only about locals & AP holders. Ended that it would be a long time til we came back again.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #3329
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Just gotta say--my countdown says an even 4 weeks!

:banana :

Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #3330
ttig34
Mouseketeer

Just saw the Christmas season Disneyland commercial for the first time this year. Makes me even more excited!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: