Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #3286
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
TK -

Thank you for posting your photos! I was beginning to think my theme was totally ignored for today! I know I can always count on you!

jkh1978 -

You mean for the Candlelight Processional? Who said there wouldn't be any packages? Was that discussed in this thread and I somehow missed it?

The last thing I saw about the CP was tonight, on the DLR website. I got an e-mail with a link to the page for Annual Passholders. More info on how AP holders can enter the contest is coming next Monday, 11/12.

If Disney is reserving seats for AP holders who win the contests, maybe they decided to not sell packages? Or maybe they are still setting aside very few seats for those who pay for packages. I'm not sure. All I know is, from what I saw of the CP seating at DL last year, they don't have room for too many people - so not too many people will be able to win that sweepstakes and see the CP.

It was posted on the DL blog a few hours ago NO dinning packages this year for the CP.
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 /Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Next Up: / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/11/15
DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #3287
kandyk
Mouseketeer

They posted it on the Disney blog. I'm a little disappointed they aren't having a dining package but hopefully I can get drawn for the AP or I'll have to spring for the Ultimate Holiday package that was described earlier on this thread. Either way I will go!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #3288
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I just read this as well. Is this really true??? Sherry can this be??? If I was going this season I would be very upset about this. We had serious thoughts about flying out to see Dick Van Dyke but am relieved we decided against it now. I'm wondering if this message could be wrong? Any thoughts???
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #3289
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty bummed... I was fine missing CP when it was on 1 weekend, and I was trying to avoid it... but them to get hopes up about a dining package and now not have one

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #3290
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
I'm pretty bummed... I was fine missing CP when it was on 1 weekend, and I was trying to avoid it... but them to get hopes up about a dining package and now not have one
I just read this and am VERY disappointed! The blog is stating that there are no dining packages. I wonder if the rumor about the tour is still an option. I will be an AP, but not until we arrive. They are saying that it can be seen standing room only, but I cannot stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. The only real way to see it would have been to have seating. Very disappointing.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #3291
Avery's mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney

I just read this and am VERY disappointed! The blog is stating that there are no dining packages. I wonder if the rumor about the tour is still an option. I will be an AP, but not until we arrive. They are saying that it can be seen standing room only, but I cannot stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. The only real way to see it would have been to have seating. Very disappointing.
The Ultimate Holiday Tour will be available for December 1st and 2nd only, from what I understand. I haven't heard many people who are happy about the way this is being arranged this year.

WDW - Coronado Springs - Oct. 2012
WDW - Art of Animation - Oct. 2012
Disney Dream - Oct. 2012
Disneyland Paris - May 2012
Disneyland Hotel - Feb. 2012
Disney Wonder - Nov. 2011
Disney Dream - Feb. 2011
WDW - ASM - Feb. 2011
WDW - ASM - Oct. 2010
WDW - OffSite - Dec. 2008
WDW - OffSite - Oct. 2006
Grand Californian - Oct. 2004
WDW - CBR - Oct 1993
WDW - Off-Site (first visit) - March 1992

Me DH DD DS
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #3292
MileHigh
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Escape2Disney;46638987]I just read this and am VERY disappointed! The blog is stating that there are no dining packages. I wonder if the rumor about the tour is still an option. I will be an AP, but not until we arrive. They are saying that it can be seen standing room only, but I cannot stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. The only real way to see it would have been to have seating. Very disappointing.[/QUOTE

Previous post beat me to the answer!

Last edited by MileHigh; 11-06-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Duplicate answer
Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #3293
Escape2Disney

We won't be there until the 8th, so we're out of luck. What an awful way to treat non-AP guests. Just another show that's hard to see from a wheelchair/scooter and small children.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #3294
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
It was posted on the DL blog a few hours ago NO dinning packages this year for the CP.
Thank you, Crazy4Disney06 -

I appreciate the clarification. I saw a mention earlier today about the CP not having dining packages in Laurie/DizNee Luver's TR, and I had no idea where that info had been posted, as I didn't see it on the Parks Blog, on the DLR website, on the Disneyland News site or anywhere. I even checked the Disney Parks Blog a few times today, checking for CP info, and saw nothing new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyk View Post
They posted it on the Disney blog. I'm a little disappointed they aren't having a dining package but hopefully I can get drawn for the AP or I'll have to spring for the Ultimate Holiday package that was described earlier on this thread. Either way I will go!!!
kandyk -

Disney must be setting aside seats for the folks who buy the Ultimate deal, and then for whichever lucky AP people win the lottery. But, given that the location of the CP is going to be in Town Square, they cannot have too many seats there. From what I saw of the CP invitation-only seats last year, they are limited. If the CP were held in a theater, that would be a different story!

I would imagine that many people will be entering the contest in hopes of attending the Dick Van Dyke nights or the Kurt Russell nights. (Does anyone care about the Patricia Heaton night?) With two performances each night, that will increase chances to win, but still...with so few seats, not too many people can win.

I hope they at least let us enter for more than one night, or more than one time slot per night (like they do with most of the AP lottery deals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
I just read this as well. Is this really true??? Sherry can this be??? If I was going this season I would be very upset about this. We had serious thoughts about flying out to see Dick Van Dyke but am relieved we decided against it now. I'm wondering if this message could be wrong? Any thoughts???
Mike -

It sounds like it (though I still don't know how I missed the no dining package info on the Blog today), sadly.

You know, in the e-mail I received with the link to the AP/CP page on the DLR site (which was not there when I checked earlier today), it said nothing about dining packages. It only mentioned that AP holders could enter the contest and be chosen in a random draw. More details will be available one week from today (can they drag it out any longer?).

I was going to go for one of the Kurt Russell nights, but the chances of being chosen in the AP lottery are going to be so slim that I doubt I'd be picked. I would imagine that the Dick Van Dyke nights are going to be in hot, hot demand.

And what will end up happening is that a lot of AP people will sign up for 5 or 6 guests (whatever the maximum is that is allowed), and if they get chosen then all those seats will be blocked off even if all 5 or 6 people don't attend.

I'm just going to sign up/enter the contest for one. I probably won't get picked, but I'm not going for the 5 or 6 people route. I just need one seat!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #3295
Priory
DIS Veteran

This is extremely disappointing. We booked an entire trip to see candlelight. We did this because the parks blog kept advertising that even if you couldn't get a free AP seat, you could buy a dining package. Now it sounds like I have a very slim chance of getting in to see the event. There's a lot of bah humbug at the Disneyland resort these days. First they put coal into the cast member's stockings and now ours.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #3296
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Well, I am the poster who originally was told abt the Ultimate Tour package from Vacation Planning. I was called by them earlier today & told : The Ultimate Holiday Tour will only be offered for Dec 1 & 2! Not offered any other days.

Not real happy with how Disney is handling things. No information about the CP til the last minute, cast members giving out wrong tour information, guests with certain passes being put thru extra scrutiny, can't get tickets for the 6 days we'll be there unless we pay extra for a single day. Yes, I know DL is a "local" park, but as someone flying across the country to come to their park & stay at their resort, I'm not thinking they value my business at all.

I spoke to Vacation Planning weeks ago. Made our dining plans & told them the tours we wanted booked. CM said "we should have no problem getting them. We'll book at 30 days out," Guess what?? They didn't get the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour..... sold out. And they didn't even tell me; I had to ask when I called.

We'll come to DL & have a good time, but then, it's back to WDW for us!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #3297
Escape2Disney

I just got off the phone with the tour dept. at Disney. They confirmed that the only tour/CP combo will be December 1st and 2nd. After that, it's Club 33 members and AP holders. Since I won't have an AP until after our trip, I won't be seeing the show. I know there is a standing section, but it's hard to be in that chaos in a wheelchair/scooter (not a great view if you know what I mean). We'll have to try again next year.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #3298
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Sorry you won't be seeing it. I won't even attempt to stand with what will probably be a mob scene And I don't even need a scooter.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #3299
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm not real happy with the way Disney is handling this CP situation either, focusondisney. Sigh.

First of all, I can't believe that they are only offering the Ultimate package for 12/1 & 12/2 and no other CP ceremony!?

And if Club 33 people are also going to have a crack at getting seats on the other nights when the AP holders may or may not 'win' seats, the AP holders have even less of a shot at seats.

I walked by the CP area last year - a couple of times - and looked right at the empty chairs waiting to be filled by invitation-only guests. There were not many. There is just not enough room in that location to add in a lot of seats. So the people who get chosen in this crazy lottery will really be few and far between, I think.

Of course, yes, we could all stand there and view the CP from afar - one of the people who commented on the Blog suggested that. But unless it is 'organized standing' - in other words, a designated location or spot for people who signed up and registered to stand - then it will just be a free-for-all/get to the right place at the right time sort of situation...and that's what causes all of the crowds every year for the invitation-only events.

It just seems to me that this CP information (about the 20 nights) should have never been announced in August. Until Disney had it all figured out exactly how they were doing the whole thing, and unless they were going to be crystal clear up front in telling everyone exactly what the chances of seeing the CP would be (making it clear up front that AP people may or may not get to see it and that there would be no dining packages, no Ultimate on any night beyond 12/2, etc.), it wasn't worth even bringing it up and getting people's hopes up. They made it sound like, "Hey, isn't this great? We're expanding the CP to 20 nights so everyone can see it," when, really, that's not exactly the situation.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #3300
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm not real happy with the way Disney is handling this CP situation either, focusondisney. Sigh.

First of all, I can't believe that they are only offering the Ultimate package for 12/1 & 12/2 and no other CP ceremony!?

And if Club 33 people are also going to have a crack at getting seats on the other nights when the AP holders may or may not 'win' seats, the AP holders have even less of a shot at seats.

I walked by the CP area last year - a couple of times - and looked right at the empty chairs waiting to be filled by invitation-only guests. There were not many. There is just not enough room in that location to add in a lot of seats. So the people who get chosen in this crazy lottery will really be few and far between, I think.

Of course, yes, we could all stand there and view the CP from afar - one of the people who commented on the Blog suggested that. But unless it is 'organized standing' - in other words, a designated location or spot for people who signed up and registered to stand - then it will just be a free-for-all/get to the right place at the right time sort of situation...and that's what causes all of the crowds every year for the invitation-only events.

It just seems to me that this CP information (about the 20 nights) should have never been announced in August. Until Disney had it all figured out exactly how they were doing the whole thing, and unless they were going to be crystal clear up front in telling everyone exactly what the chances of seeing the CP would be (making it clear up front that AP people may or may not get to see it and that there would be no dining packages, no Ultimate on any night beyond 12/2, etc.), it wasn't worth even bringing it up and getting people's hopes up. They made it sound like, "Hey, isn't this great? We're expanding the CP to 20 nights so everyone can see it," when, really, that's not exactly the situation.
Bingo! Well said. It's a a bait and switch. People get excited about this show, thinking they can buy their way into a seat, only to be told they have no chance if they don't pony up a load of cash for an annual pass. Even with that pass, chances are slim you'll get a seat.

My daughter made a good point. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of disabled people who flock to the parks daily.. They are all but excluded from this event because joining the hordes of people pushing and shoving for a spot to watch it by standing on the sidelines. Even fantasmic has handicap viewing areas. Will they do that for CP?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: