Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #3256
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Hi all !

I can't seem to keep up with this thread lately, especially in the last week. Hurricane Sandy did a number on us here in NJ and I'm hoping my flight out to CA next Friday still holds.

In any case, I am ready for a vacation. I'm hoping all my plans are good and we enjoy ourselves I'm immensely.

I just spent some time going over the last few pages to catch up. Thank you to everyone who posted pictures! So looking fwd to being at Disneyland for the first official day of holiday time.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #3257
Gianna559
I have a bad feeling about this...

We were originally supposed to be in the Disneyland parks on November 12. When I found out that Disneyland will close early, I called my hotel yesterday and changed my reservation date. I'm now going on a day where Disneyland closes at midnight instead of 10pm.

As much as I love the holidays, we used to visit the parks at that time of year, almost every time. It would have been nice to show our son all the magic of Christmas time but I'm still okay with it.

Mom to 1
Girlfriend to..um... 1, lol

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #3258
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyledSugar View Post
Just a random post because I'm so overly excited about our upcoming Christmas trip! Best thing about November........I can now say I'm going to DL NEXT month!!!!
I was JUST saying the same thing to my daughter! We've been excitedly planning this trip for almost 2 years. People get tired of us talking about our plans. Now that we're closer, maybe they'll be more tolerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Hi all !

I can't seem to keep up with this thread lately, especially in the last week. Hurricane Sandy did a number on us here in NJ and I'm hoping my flight out to CA next Friday still holds.

In any case, I am ready for a vacation. I'm hoping all my plans are good and we enjoy ourselves I'm immensely.

I just spent some time going over the last few pages to catch up. Thank you to everyone who posted pictures! So looking fwd to being at Disneyland for the first official day of holiday time.
I hope you, your family, and your home are all safe!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #3259
intheflame
Earning My Ears

Hi! Does anyone have a resource suggesting times to "find a spot" for parades/fireworks/shows on New Year's Eve?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #3260
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney

I hope you, your family, and your home are all safe!
I was very fortunate and recd only minor house damage. Due to the gas crisis, I've been stuck in the house.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #3261
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I was very fortunate and recd only minor house damage. Due to the gas crisis, I've been stuck in the house.
I'm happy to hear you are safe and suffered only mild damage. No fun getting stuck in the house though! Hopefully they'll be able to get gas into those stations soon!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #3262
C&B Young
Twitter @CanaDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
In an odd way it is actually good news if the parks are scheduled to close earlier... open till midnight means they are expecting heavy crowds... closed at 10? medium crowds... closed at 8 or 9? piece of cake--walk on to many rides!
Now that would be good! I think we've got too much of a WDW-mentality where the Magic Kingdom is often open until 1 or 2 am and there's nobody there after Wishes. We keep forgetting that Disneyland crowds build and build the longer the parks are open.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #3263
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Helllllloooooo, holiday season peeps!

Your fearless thread leader has returned (actually I was still around on the DIS, just mainly over in the TR section this past week)! My "Treats & Treasures" theme for the week did not seem to go over nearly as well as it did last year (it was a big hit last year), but I thank those who contributed to it!

Reminder - we are now about to kick the final "Theme Week" into warp speed/high gear! Starting tomorrow (Mon., 11/5), there will be a different theme every day as we launch the final countdown to November 12th! So keep those photos handy!

Now...I need your help! I need you all to help me decide what to do. I am heading to DLR for the holiday season festivities sometime in the next week, on an info-gathering, photo-taking mission for this thread.

But...I don't know which day to go. Originally I was going to wait until the official opening day (Mon., 11/12). However, it looks as though many/most things will be running (including the new Jamboree) by Friday, 11/9. I can't be certain, though, that the characters in Winter Sweaters and holiday gear will be out before 11/12. All of the decorations should be up before 11/12, but I also cannot be certain that sneaky Disney won't suddenly put extra decorations up in the overnight hours between 11/9 and 11/12.

The only thing that looks for sure to not be open before 11/12 is the "Christmas village" surrounding the DTD ice skating rink. That is opening on 11/12.

So...should I wait until 11/12, when we know that everything for sure will be open and running? Or should I go on 11/9, 11/10 or 11/11, even if the Christmas village in DTD is not open yet?

And what info do you all want to know from this exploratory mission?

I know that Heather mentioned a while back that she would like to know where exactly the characters in holiday gear are located.

I assume that others would like to know about any new goodies/treats that may be available this year too.

Merchandise - what about that? Do you all want to know if there are any particularly cute collectibles to be had?

Let me know - I'm making a list (and checking it twice!)! I am on a mission for all of us!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #3264
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Sherry--I would love to hear about fun merchandise... Possible things I can ask vacay planning to do for my dd in a basket... I am hoping to see their amenity list for christmas soon, but, I know they will custom something up too... Maybe the glow ears, an ornament, and ???? We don't need stuffed animals or stockings... But I don't know what else to include either

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 11-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #3265
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

I would love to hear about the decorations in DCA & Carsland. I was disappointed for Halloween. You could barely tell it was Halloween/fall.

Rumors are that DCA will be going all out. We have a Cars xmas book and I'm hoping Carsland is decorated similarly. My DS will go nuts.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #3266
RedRosie
Mouseketeer

I'm excited to see the Ranch/Jamboree area since the reindeer are not there this year. Also excited for the Christmas Village at the ice skating rink. thank you so much! Only 3 weeks to go for our surprise trip!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #3267
Escape2Disney

I would vote for you to go on or after the 12th. That way everything is up and running. Our family would be interested in hearing about EVERYTHING Disney/Christmas. Whatever you focus on will be great, I'm sure :-)
Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #3268
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Another vote for the merchandise! And any cool, different decor or places that we should hit when we're there.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #3269
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Hi Sherry,
I would like to see the Christmas Village, and the ice skating rink in DTD...
Also the holiday windows along Mainstreet USA....

Thanks,
Lori
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #3270
dadzgirl70
Mouseketeer

Hi, Sherry! Another vote for the 12th. Disney is sneaky and something spectacular may appear overnight. Plus, the ice skating rink and area surrounding it sounds like so much fun.
Our family would love to hear/see the new merchandise and food goodies to be had this year. Have a great time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: