Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #3241
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran
 
Crazy4Disney06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon 3134.60 miles from WDW
Posts: 2,694

Just saw the park hours for our travel dates... I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in the hours. Last year at WDW the parks where often open to 12:00am with extended hours until 3:00am. We never stayed that late but we knew we could if we wanted too so there was never a feeling of being rushed. Looking at past hours the week before Christmas they were open until 12:00am most nights. This year it looks like 9:00 and 10:00pm is as late as they will remain open. Does anyone know the likelihood of Disney extending the DL hours the week before Christmas?
__________________
Me (34), Dh (35), Ds (12) Ds2: (3)
Past Disney Vacations:
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #3242
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2PrincessAbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06
Just saw the park hours for our travel dates... I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in the hours. Last year at WDW the parks where often open to 12:00am with extended hours until 3:00am. We never stayed that late but we knew we could if we wanted too so there was never a feeling of being rushed. Looking at past hours the week before Christmas they were open until 12:00am most nights. This year it looks like 9:00 and 10:00pm is as late as they will remain open. Does anyone know the likelihood of Disney extending the DL hours the week before Christmas?
Right now the park hours are only posted thru dec 14th, and since most schools aren't out until the 22nd this year, I would expect the 15th-21st to look much like the 8th - 14th hours. As far as I know only on New Years are the parks ever open after midnight... If a day turns out to be particularly busy, and the parks were posted to close before midnight, I have heard of them extending the hours a little (10 to 11 let's say) but not past midnight.
__________________
hubby and I & princess Abby (10 y.o.)


Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #3243
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran
 
Crazy4Disney06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon 3134.60 miles from WDW
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
Right now the park hours are only posted thru dec 14th, and since most schools aren't out until the 22nd this year, I would expect the 15th-21st to look much like the 8th - 14th hours. As far as I know only on New Years are the parks ever open after midnight... If a day turns out to be particularly busy, and the parks were posted to close before midnight, I have heard of them extending the hours a little (10 to 11 let's say) but not past midnight.
I am looking at the park hours right now posted until December 21st. I'm really hoping they will be open until midnight, as DL was last year based on what I read on touringplans.
__________________
Me (34), Dh (35), Ds (12) Ds2: (3)
Past Disney Vacations:
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #3244
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2PrincessAbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06

I am looking at the park hours right now posted until December 21st. I'm really hoping they will be open until midnight, as DL was last year base on what I read on touringplans.
Where? Disneyland.com are only up to the 14th and are the only official hours.
__________________
hubby and I & princess Abby (10 y.o.)


Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #3245
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran
 
Crazy4Disney06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon 3134.60 miles from WDW
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
Where? Disneyland.com are only up to the 14th and are the only official hours.
I am on disneyland.com right now. They are showing me until December 21st.
__________________
Me (34), Dh (35), Ds (12) Ds2: (3)
Past Disney Vacations:
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #3246
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2PrincessAbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06

I am on disneyland.com right now. They are showing me until December 21st.
Odd.. I am too, and can't go past the 14th... You're sure your not looking at November?
__________________
hubby and I & princess Abby (10 y.o.)


Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #3247
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran
 
Crazy4Disney06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon 3134.60 miles from WDW
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
I am on disneyland.com right now. They are showing me until December 21st.
Ok NEVERMIND! I had a total blonde moment and was looking at the calendar totally wrong The way the calendar looks I mistook the 14th for the 21st....lol I'll stop my panic over the hours for a few days....
__________________
Me (34), Dh (35), Ds (12) Ds2: (3)
Past Disney Vacations:
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #3248
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Whistler, Canada
Posts: 550

HOOORAY! I booked the Holiday Tour for Sat Dec 1. The CM gave me only one option for the tour that day 10:30. I asked when the parade would be and she didn't know but said that the tour always ended with parade. Today they finally listed the parade times as 1pm and 3:30.
It is the regular holiday tour and the price was $54 with 20% discount for AAA.
I am surprising my family with this. They will be thrilled with the parade seats. Hopefully my sons 8 & 10 will enjoy the tour part.
__________________
tanyaewa is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #3249
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

does anyone know if vacation planning will take a booking for the fantasmic dessert seating if I email them my credit card details? I really don't want to be getting up at 5am next saturday to ring and book
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &

Beee is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #3250
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2PrincessAbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee View Post
does anyone know if vacation planning will take a booking for the fantasmic dessert seating if I email them my credit card details? I really don't want to be getting up at 5am next saturday to ring and book
What I have done before is had them book it (asked thru email), and then I have to call with my credit card later the day they book it... they don't like you emailing your cc info.
__________________
hubby and I & princess Abby (10 y.o.)


Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #3251
C&B Young
www.canadisney.com
 
C&B Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
Just saw the park hours for our travel dates... I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in the hours.... Looking at past hours the week before Christmas they were open until 12:00am most nights. This year it looks like 9:00 and 10:00pm is as late as they will remain open. Does anyone know the likelihood of Disney extending the DL hours the week before Christmas?
We're hoping for the same thing, an extension of park hours as the dates get closer. We're going December 9-14 and based on last year's hours Disneyland was open until midnight Tuesday through Thursday, this year park closing is listed as 9/10pm. Plus last year there were Wednesday and Thursday Fantasmics as well as nightly 2nd WOC nightly showings. I know WDW routinely extends hours closer to the actual dates, hopefully DLR does the same. Fingers crossed!!
C&B Young is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #3252
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse
 
StyledSugar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 297

Just a random post because I'm so overly excited about our upcoming Christmas trip! Best thing about November........I can now say I'm going to DL NEXT month!!!!
__________________



DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas/New Years 2012-2013

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
StyledSugar is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #3253
Avery's mom
Mouseketeer
 
Avery's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monterey Bay, CA
Posts: 298

I think a lot has to do with school schedules as well...last year schools were out around the 14th, and this year many of them are out on the 21st. Such a bummer for those of us who plan to travel the week of the 15th - 21st. Perhaps my daughter will have to miss a few days of school before the break!
__________________

WDW - Coronado Springs - Oct. 2012
WDW - Art of Animation - Oct. 2012
Disney Dream - Oct. 2012
Disneyland Paris - May 2012
Disneyland Hotel - Feb. 2012
Disney Wonder - Nov. 2011
Disney Dream - Feb. 2011
WDW - ASM - Feb. 2011
WDW - ASM - Oct. 2010
WDW - OffSite - Dec. 2008
WDW - OffSite - Oct. 2006
Grand Californian - Oct. 2004
WDW - CBR - Oct 1993
WDW - Off-Site (first visit) - March 1992

Me DH DD DS
Avery's mom is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #3254
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyaewa View Post
HOOORAY! I booked the Holiday Tour for Sat Dec 1. The CM gave me only one option for the tour that day 10:30. I asked when the parade would be and she didn't know but said that the tour always ended with parade. Today they finally listed the parade times as 1pm and 3:30.
It is the regular holiday tour and the price was $54 with 20% discount for AAA.
I am surprising my family with this. They will be thrilled with the parade seats. Hopefully my sons 8 & 10 will enjoy the tour part.
I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!
tksbaskets is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #3255
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2PrincessAbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&B Young View Post
We're hoping for the same thing, an extension of park hours as the dates get closer. We're going December 9-14 and based on last year's hours Disneyland was open until midnight Tuesday through Thursday, this year park closing is listed as 9/10pm. Plus last year there were Wednesday and Thursday Fantasmics as well as nightly 2nd WOC nightly showings. I know WDW routinely extends hours closer to the actual dates, hopefully DLR does the same. Fingers crossed!!
In an odd way it is actually good news if the parks are scheduled to close earlier... open till midnight means they are expecting heavy crowds... closed at 10? medium crowds... closed at 8 or 9? piece of cake--walk on to many rides!
__________________
hubby and I & princess Abby (10 y.o.)


Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: