Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #3166
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Little late today, but here are my pictures of the Christmas tree's at the DLR. Very nice theme today Sherry.

Christmas Tree in PP at DCA

The Christmas Tree right in between the DLH and DTD

Pooh’s Corner store

Minnie’s Christmas Tree at TT

Mickey’s Christmas Tree at TT

Boardwalk Pizza & Grill Restaurant

MS Window Displays with Christmas Trees

Inside the stores in MS

Coke Corner Tree

Pioneer Mercantile

By Pooh’s Meet and Greet area

Court of Angels

Store in NOS

World of Disney Store

Golden Horseshoe
Old 10-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #3167
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee View Post
The CM I talked to said that after the Halloween stuff is over, Christmas and December will be much clearer. He told me November 3rd is when we should be seeing the info but to also watch the blog and the AP page on Disneyland.
Kerri
November 3rd is only 30 days out, which gives those first people no time to plan if they want to book immediately.
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #3168
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

jkh1978 -

Did you see the Christmas tree photos that Laurie/DizNee Luver posted earlier? They included the "DTD Business" trees, which were the trees that were part of last year's tree contest that I told you about.

Bret -

I actually switched themes for this week, specifically so you could participate in the Christmas Tree theme before you head off to WDW. I had another theme planned for today, but I moved it to another week! If I had kept the same theme I had planned, then the Christmas Tree theme would have fallen on a Monday while you're in Florida and possibly can't participate!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #3169
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978

November 3rd is only 30 days out, which gives those first people no time to plan if they want to book immediately.
Yep. I think it will be like a concert ticket frenzy for those first days. Hopefully they will release some info prior to the 3rd.
Good luck to those hoping for the 3rd.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #3170
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog

Here's a Christmas photo from DCA last year. Click it for more:

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #3171
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post

That's a fantastic picture! I love it!
Christmas 2012 - BWPPI for 3 days
July 2013 - Disneyland Paris @ Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest
Christmas 2013 - BWPPI for 3 days
Christmas 2014 - BWPPI for 3 days (but as always, crossing our fingers for GC PIN code or deal!)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #3172
WDWFigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMouse View Post
That's a fantastic picture! I love it!
Thanks, glad you like it!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #3173
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post

Hello, Tom!

It's good to see you back on this side of the board again!

I must say, your amazing nighttime photo of the DCA entrance during the holidays makes it look so much better than I thought it looked in person. I felt that in person it lacked a certain 'wow factor' after dark, if that makes sense! There should have been more lights or something. I am hopeful that this year it will all be bigger and brighter, with the exciting Buena Vista Street and Cars Land decorations in the near future!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #3174
WDWFigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Hello, Tom!

It's good to see you back on this side of the board again!

I must say, your amazing nighttime photo of the DCA entrance during the holidays makes it look so much better than I thought it looked in person. I felt that in person it lacked a certain 'wow factor' after dark, if that makes sense! There should have been more lights or something. I am hopeful that this year it will all be bigger and brighter, with the exciting Buena Vista Street and Cars Land decorations in the near future!
Thanks! You all (especially you) helped me plan so much that I actually felt like an expert on Disneyland at Christmas before we ever stepped foot in the park. Thanks to this thread, we were incredibly well-prepared, and accomplished and ATE everything we wanted. So, I figured I'd stop back here this year and share some of the photos from the trip!

As for the entrance looking better than it looked in person, that's partly due to the processing of that photo, and partly due to the entrance looking AMAZING that night in the rain. It was raining when I took that photo, but I just had to stop, set up my tripod, and capture it. I got soaked keeping my camera dry, but I think it was worth it!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #3175
sirvin12
Mouseketeer

I guess we don't get to see Fantasmic this year. It's not on the calendar on the days we are going to be in the park. Kind of sad. Oh well I guess we will do the tour instead!

Shannon
Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #3176
ChassidyG
Earning My Ears

I am so excited to see the Christmas decorations! I know they are up in NOS already, and cannot wait to see them this weekend! I love this time of year!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #3177
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I just read on facebook where there is snow on the castle this morning! Getting close!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #3178
PrincessBelle04
Earning My Ears

SOrry, if this has already been asked, but how do you think Disneyland having the CP for 20days affect crowds in December??? We have a trip tenatively planned for Dec4-7th...and I'm scared that it will be crazy crowded!

This will be our first trip during the holiday season, as we had to cancel our trip last minute last year. We went this year in August 13-16, and while it was crowded it wasn't unbearable...I'm hoping crowds will be like they were at this time or less.

or should I just move our trip up a week, and go the last week of November???
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #3179
shishigirl
Mouseketeer

I am loving these pictures of the trees!! Thanks everyone for posting!! They make me soooo excited for our trip in Dec.

Also, I thought I would post this for all us who love Disneyland at Christmas time.
http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blog...mber-1958.html

I ran across this post with the reading and pictures for "A Christmas Adventure in Disneyland." The kids thought it was kinda fun to listen to especially if you are counting down days till you get there like us!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #3180
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

OOH AHH--has anyone noticed the Disneyland calendar now has 2 banners? "Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" and "Skate into the World of Tinkerbell"! Yay!! Still no entertainment up for DL for December... not holding my breath, figure they will wait till 11/1... but this is something new!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: