Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #3136
lurpee
Mouseketeer

I called Disney Tours today and talked to Joe I think. He confirmed the Ultimate Holiday Tour just as the person first posted about it. He added that it will be available for booking Nov 3rd and said AP holders might get priority on it. He said to check the blog as well as Disneyland.com/APHappier for more info. He said that they're focusing on the Halloween parties first.
Kerri

Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #3137
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

I talked to Karen. I wonder how many people are answering the phones and if they are co-located. Do they turn to each other and ask "why are we getting so many calls now about a thing we haven't announced yet?"
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #3138
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Hey, the CM offered to book it for me!

We are about 2 weeks away from Dec 3rd, so more info should start coming soon. Anyway, he took all my info & said he'd be booking me at the 30 day mark & call me if he couldn't book it. He's also going to be booking another tour for us, too.

Maybe I should have kept this to myself til I got booked?!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #3139
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Hey, the CM offered to book it for me!

We are about 2 weeks away from Dec 3rd, so more info should start coming soon. Anyway, he took all my info & said he'd be booking me at the 30 day mark & call me if he couldn't book it. He's also going to be booking another tour for us, too.

Maybe I should have kept this to myself til I got booked?!
No, thanks for sharing. But with this new information, and knowing that dining is going to also have plans, makes me more anxious for November to get here.

I'm on the east coast, so going to WDW, you need to plan somethings 180 days out. So I'm too uptight to not know what the plans will be. And I believe the people on the phone that they do not know the details, and are being friendly sharing the information that they do know.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #3140
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Just kidding about not sharing!

We're coming from the east, too. And by your ticker, it looks like we'll be there at the same time. I've given up hoping for low crowds. Now I'm just hoping for nice warm weather.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #3141
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I may end up being at DLR sort of in that same time frame too, but I'll know for sure within the next week, I think. If I get the dates I was eyeing, I'd be there from 12/2 - 12/5, but we'll see.

And I am hoping for anything BUT nice, warm weather! December is for bundling up. Christmas time should not be warm. As a SoCal resident, I have been praying and wishing for cooler weather for months. Whenever it drops down to a nice 68 degrees, it then soars back up to 90 or some crazy thing within a couple of days, and I am just hoping that the weather finally settles into a cooler pattern in late November and sticks with it for a while.

I am planning on being at DLR on either 11/11 or 11/12, to scope out the holiday merriment on Buena Vista Street and in Cars Land. I'll be planning to post some photos after I return, so if you all don't want to see them and want to be surprised, you will have to avert your eyes!

Also, welcome, welcome, welcome to LullahBelle! Thank you so much for joining us here. I'm glad this thread (and the previous 'unofficial' Christmas thread) has been of help to you! I think you picked a good time for the tour as well - that 3:15 time slot will allow you to be near the It's a Small World Holiday facade when it is lit up in the colored lights, which is magnificent!

There's a new Theme Week Countdown tomorrow morning, folks, so get your photos ready!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 10-21-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #3142
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I switched the sequence of upcoming themes to make sure that Bret/mvf-m11c would be able to participate in this week’s theme before heading off for his WDW trip!!

It’s time for the Weekly Monday Countdown!!!

...Only 21 Days Until the
Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

And with the new week comes a new DLR holiday theme!!

As I’ve mentioned, I’ll be showcasing a particular area of interest of DLR's holiday celebration each week until the 2012 season officially begins on Monday, November 12th!! There are many more themes to come over the next three weeks, including three main weekly themes set for Monday, October 22nd, Monday, October 29th and Monday, November 5th; six ‘mini-themes’ which will be featured each day from 11/6 – 11/11, and a final ‘Miscellaneous’ theme on Monday, November 12th (with a catchier name than “Miscellaneous,” though!).

Theme Week Countdowns are a great way to keep the photos rolling in on a regular basis and build anticipation for 11/12! Also, this is a way to display the different aspects and details of the holidays at DLR that may be totally new to some people...or previously unnoticed/undiscovered by others.

Last week, we visited the playful, colorful, off-kilter world of Mickey’s Toontown. The week before that we reveled in the pageantry of A Christmas Fantasy Parade and gazed in awe at the Believe…In Holiday Magic Fireworks. Prior to that we enjoyed the Yuletide season around the globe as we sailed through It’s a Small World Holiday. The week before that strolled through the mysterious, music-filled alleys of New Orleans Square, where Christmas is observed with Mardi Gras flair. The week before that we explored Jack Skellington’s twisted (though well-meaning) vision of bringing two holidays together in the Haunted Mansion Holiday ride. The week before that we visited the rustic holiday celebration at Santa’s Reindeer Round-Up. The week before that, we searched for signs of Christmas in California Adventure – a park that is sure to look very different this November. The week before that we soaked in the small town American charm of Main Street.

What’s next?

Today, let’s turn the spotlight on the vibrant, stunning and sometimes wacky staples of the Disneyland Resort Holiday season......

In the Spotlight this Week......

CHRISTMAS TREES!!!

As I learned from a local morning news show in Los Angeles a few years ago, there are approximately 700 Christmas trees at the Disneyland Resort - including in both parks, at all 3 hotels and in Downtown Disney. These beautiful symbols of the season come in wide variety, consisting of all sizes, textures and themes. There are very small trees featured in window displays. There are huge trees welcoming people through the gates of Disneyland or greeting guests in hotel lobbies. There are trees in almost every restaurant and shop. There are trees inside It’s a Small World Holiday. There are trees filled with a bounty of ornaments, while others are rather bare. There are trees which look as though they were made of sweet confections, or even made of paper. There are trees in plain view, and others in unexpectedly hidden locations. There are trees which follow the traditional red/green light pattern, while others feature very theme-specific colors and decorations.

From the elegant to the eccentric…from the stately to the silly...from the towering to the tiny…from the magnificent to the mediocre…the Christmas tree is ever present around Disneyland Resort.

In the last couple of years, I’ve put forth a challenge to everyone to participate in “Tree Quest” – the quest to find as many of the 700+ trees as you can while visiting DLR. There have been some interesting results, and I suspect that with the new holiday decorations packages in Cars Land and on Buena Vista Street this year, the Christmas tree landscape will become even more diverse and yield some wonderful discoveries! The fun element to this quest is that no matter how many trees we all are able to locate – and remember to look for them everywhere, even in out of the way corners – no one has ever managed to locate all 700 (that I know of).

If you are visiting Disneyland Resort for the holiday season, take a little time to admire the Christmas trees!

Stay tuned for a new theme starting on Monday, October 29th!! Some great themes are coming up in the next few weeks!

This is my first ‘tree post’ for the week – I will likely post more pictures later today or as the week progresses!

California Adventure (2011)…

Main Street (2011)…

Santa’s Reindeer Round-Up…

(2011)

(2010)

Paradise Pier Hotel (2011…

Grand Californian Hotel (2011)…

Main Street Window Display (2011)…

Golden Horseshoe (2010)…

It’s a Small World Holiday (2010)…

New Orleans Square (2010)…

Pooh Corner (2009)…

Disneyland Hotel photo display (2010)…

Goofy’s Kitchen (2010)…

Coke Corner (2010)…

White Water Snacks (2010)…

Downtown Disney (2010)…

World of Disney (2010)…

Marceline’s Confectionery (2010)…

Please feel free to post your photos of Disneyland Resort’s Christmas trees all this week!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #3143
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #3144
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer

Here are a few I took last year 2011 on our trip..

The Candlight Procession trees

Main Street

Tree in one of the stores on Main Street

Paradise Pier

Another store on Main Street

Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #3145
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Beautiful pics!

Wish I was going this Thanksgiving like the last 2... I went in Sept, Labor Day weekend, but really need a do-over trip.

I have many of these tree pics, from Tree Quest 2011, thanks Sherry. That was so much fun!

Lori
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #3146
lurpee
Mouseketeer

December 2006 Christmas Trees

Finally uploaded some December 2006 pictures to Photobucket! Hope this works!
Toon Town Tree--December 2006

Main Street--December 2006

Old 10-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #3147
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Elk Grove Chris!

Elk GTrove Chris, Are you a professional photographer? Your pictures are fantastic!
Kerri

Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #3148
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

I love all the Christmas tree photos! I believe that the Goofy's Kitchen one is my favorite so far.

This morning I booked the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour for myself, DH, and DS for Thanksgiving Day. I hope some other Dis'ers will be joining us. This will be our first visit during the holiday season and I can hardly wait. We arrive on Wednesday, 11/21, and get to stay in the magic until Wednesday, 11/28. I know it will be crazy crowded but we know what to expect and each day we're there I believe we'll see a reduction in crowds. We haven't visited since March 2012 and there are so many new things we'll get to experience. Counting down the days!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #3149
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Anyone else getting concerned about how they are going to do the parade with CP at night too?? They don't have the parade up on the calendar (Dec 1-3 is up) yet... but they do have PPP up... I am wondering if they will have to do afternoon only so as not to interfere with evening CP? Any guesses on this?

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #3150
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
Anyone else getting concerned about how they are going to do the parade with CP at night too?? They don't have the parade up on the calendar (Dec 1-3 is up) yet... but they do have PPP up... I am wondering if they will have to do afternoon only so as not to interfere with evening CP? Any guesses on this?
My guess (and it is ONLY that) is that they will cancel the parade on Candlelight Processional days, or, like you said, only do the afternoon parade.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: