Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #3076
Heymy
Mouseketeer

Absolutely wonderful pics of Toontown. I realize we never made it there last year during the holidays. This will excite my girls and 73 year old father to no end....we'll have to drag them out kicking and screaming.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #3077
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

Toontown! So fun to see the pics. Thanks for sharing!

While I personally like Toontown (it gets such a bad rap, I think!) we had gone in September (when we got APs) and the kids spent plenty of time there. They were 9 and 11... kinda old for Toontown. So when we went in that first week of January I don't think we went in there at all! So... ZERO pics of Toontown from our Jan '09 trip, the only time we've ever been to DL during the Christmas decorations. I got nothin'!

I won't be making that mistake when we go this time.
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #3078
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

A few from ToonTown last December!!

These were as the sun was going down and the lights were coming on:

Daytime:
Wasn't a fan of the plastic trees!!

Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 10-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #3079
2prettyprincesses
Earning My Ears

Wow! Those pictures are amazing of ToonTown! We didn't get to visit there our last trip but for will for sure this year!!

We were planning to go the weekend of the Holiday season but now I'm not sure how crowded it would be. Last year we went on the 20th of December and didn't think the crowds were that bad for some perspective.

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. - Mr. Disney
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #3080
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

New Disney Parks blog is up about the holiday tour! We aren't doing the tour, because I can't imagine spending 3 hours in one... but I know some people love these!

From the blog:
The holidays are my favorite time of year at Disney Parks. The festive décor, special shows – and of course the seasonal snacks – all combine to create the most magical time of year, especially here at the Disneyland Resort. Whether it’s your first holiday time visit or your one hundredth, there’s always something new to see. A great way to experience all that the holidays are bringing to Disneyland park is with the Holiday Time at Disneyland Park Guided Tour. You’ll hear not only tales of the holidays from around the world, but you’ll also hear stories of the holidays from Disneyland history – plus you get a peek into the new holiday magic at Disney California Adventure park.

The tour also includes two popular holiday themed attractions*, reserved seating for “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade*, plus a delicious treat and warm beverage, a collectible pin and tour button.

Here are some things you should know about the Holiday Time at Disneyland Park Guided Tour:
•Tour is offered November 12 through January 6.
•The tour is approximately three hours long.
•Theme park admission for Disneyland park is required to attend the tour.
•Attractions and entertainment are subject to availability and may change without notice.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #3081
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
New Disney Parks blog is up about the holiday tour! We aren't doing the tour, because I can't imagine spending 3 hours in one... but I know some people love these!

From the blog:
The holidays are my favorite time of year at Disney Parks. The festive décor, special shows – and of course the seasonal snacks – all combine to create the most magical time of year, especially here at the Disneyland Resort. Whether it’s your first holiday time visit or your one hundredth, there’s always something new to see. A great way to experience all that the holidays are bringing to Disneyland park is with the Holiday Time at Disneyland Park Guided Tour. You’ll hear not only tales of the holidays from around the world, but you’ll also hear stories of the holidays from Disneyland history – plus you get a peek into the new holiday magic at Disney California Adventure park.

The tour also includes two popular holiday themed attractions*, reserved seating for “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade*, plus a delicious treat and warm beverage, a collectible pin and tour button.

Here are some things you should know about the Holiday Time at Disneyland Park Guided Tour:
•Tour is offered November 12 through January 6.
•The tour is approximately three hours long.
•Theme park admission for Disneyland park is required to attend the tour.
•Attractions and entertainment are subject to availability and may change without notice.
Any idea the price of the tour?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #3082
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Mommy2PrincessAbby -

Thank you so much for posting the info from the Blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
Any idea the price of the tour?
pixeyyy -

Here is a post from last year that had all the pricing info, including discounts - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...26&postcount=1.

This year's tour will be slightly more money, I would guess, just because prices have gone up for everything at DLR in 2012!

There is other tour information (including links to photos and reviews) under the "Holiday Tour" category in Post #3 on Page 1 of this thread.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #3083
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

I know it was brought up before, but I just can't find it!....

Do you have an estimate of the cost of the candlelight processional package? I just talked to mom and she wants to go if possible. I'm a budgeter, so I want to make sure I have enough money earmarked to take her.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #3084
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
I know it was brought up before, but I just can't find it!....

Do you have an estimate of the cost of the candlelight processional package? I just talked to mom and she wants to go if possible. I'm a budgeter, so I want to make sure I have enough money earmarked to take her.

Thanks!
I think these hasn't been announced. Someone posted a rumor what restaurants would be used but nothing official has been announced. The dining email told me early November, and other people have heard similar things.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #3085
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I'm intrigued that the Holiday Tour says you'll have a look the new DCA Holiday magic!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #3086
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
I think these hasn't been announced. Someone posted a rumor what restaurants would be used but nothing official has been announced. The dining email told me early November, and other people have heard similar things.
Do you have a link to the post with the rumored restaurants?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #3087
abent
Mouseketeer

I am officially 2 months out today! 3 years of planning, and 1 year of being excited and frustrated with ticket changes and such....we are so close! What a rollercoaster this has been to organize! I so wan't to know what the CP plans are! I want to be making our PS dining arrangements, and such but feel like I should wait and see. My DD and I have considered taking DGD2 to breakfast with Minnie as a "girls morning", while ALL the boys sleep. I have considered a morning at "build a bear" but is it worth wasting valuable morning hours? We are staying at PP, and I know a more quiet event would be best for her. I can't wait to see the popcorn buckets and coffee mugs. I still cannot wrap my head around how to make sure we get on RSR in Carsland. All the sudden my head is swirling with all the things I still need to plan!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #3088
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Holiday Tour

I purchased my Holiday Tour tickets a couple of days ago and was told that the price is $68. I received a Disney Visa discount of 20%, making the tickets $54.40. I believe AP holders get the same discount.
I'm excited to hear that DCA is being included because I hope the holiday version of Carsland will be up for us at the very start of the season.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #3089
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I'm loving this week's theme. I don't think I have a single picture of Toon Town in my collection so it's nice to see all of yours!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #3090
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Such beautiful pictures!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: