Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #3016
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

What times are the parades and the CP if CP is held twice every day?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #3017
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
What times are the parades and the CP if CP is held twice every day?
Pretty sure we won't know this for sure until we are 6 weeks out from the 1st CP and they post it on the official calendar...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #3018
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Question Any idea of park hours for 12/8 - 12/10?

Hi,

We are planning on 2 nights (Sat & Sun) and flying home on Monday. I looked at historical hours for some of the Mondays in Dec. and it looks like DL closes at 6:00 pm. Is this because of Candlelight Processional?

What happens during Candlelight Processional? Do they close the park early because of Candlelight Processional?

I've only experienced the CP at WDW at Epcot. I didn't think that they closed the park but, it does get pretty crowded in the vicinity of Epcot where the stage is set up.

Does anyone know the dates of CP - do they fall during my visit (12/8 - 12/10)?

TIA!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #3019
fronkfam
Mouseketeer

OFFICIALLY GOING!!!! Dec 3-7

We officially have the money to take our Disney trip this year! I am so beyond excited!!!

We had planned a trip last Christmas, but had to cancel because of no money and I broke my ankle.

We haven't been to Disney for about 2.5 years and need this trip SO badly.

We have a son with Special Needs who has been having a rough time with seizures. Disneyland is his FAVORITE place to go, so this will be a wonderful break for us all.

I am looking through some of the recent postings of pictures and just crying with happiness. I am so excited!

Now comes the crazy planning time!

We haven't experienced WoC yet. We would really love to see that while we're there, but I'm definitely more concerned about seeing all of the holiday decorations. We want to see as much as we can while still taking it easy.

So, so, so, so excited!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #3020
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

fronkfam, that's wonderful!! I can appreciate how excited you are... when we go, it will be 3 years and 4 months since the last time we were there. And the reason it's been so long... $$$. And even still, it will be a stretch financially. But we're GOING. I can not WAIT!! Congrats to you... so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Kathleen -

I love that picture!^^ Not only does it show one of the snowfalls of the evening, it captures the joy and magic of the whole experience!
Thanks! I love it too. I hadn't told DH or the kids about the snow and they were really surprised. It was so cool. And even though I knew it was coming, it was still super magical!

Thanks for the link to the TR you just finished. I'll have to check that out!
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #3021
fronkfam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLove View Post
fronkfam, that's wonderful!! I can appreciate how excited you are... when we go, it will be 3 years and 4 months since the last time we were there. And the reason it's been so long... $$$. And even still, it will be a stretch financially. But we're GOING. I can not WAIT!! Congrats to you... so happy for you!
MommyLove-----I'm so excited for you! Waiting in between visits is SO hard!!! Congrats!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #3022
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Ready for more parade pics?? Here is the evening parade 2009. Seems like only yesterday we had our excellent tour and primo seats!

I dare you not to smile looking at this guy!

Afternoon parade January 2012 - same excellent seats and worth the price of the tour (again)

Oh dear...

See you soon at TSMM Woody!

My favorite princess~

I'm thinking a tad too much makeup...

What's my son doing in the parade?

Come on...admit to the song you are about to sing...

Hi Ho!

To infinity and beyond! Hey Buzz, do you think you can help me with my dreadful scores on BLAB??

Obviously I had much better luck with the day parade pictures...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #3023
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfordisney View Post
Hi,

We are planning on 2 nights (Sat & Sun) and flying home on Monday. I looked at historical hours for some of the Mondays in Dec. and it looks like DL closes at 6:00 pm. Is this because of Candlelight Processional?

What happens during Candlelight Processional? Do they close the park early because of Candlelight Processional?

I've only experienced the CP at WDW at Epcot. I didn't think that they closed the park but, it does get pretty crowded in the vicinity of Epcot where the stage is set up.

Does anyone know the dates of CP - do they fall during my visit (12/8 - 12/10)?

TIA!
CP will be running almost every night in December this year... they are trying something new at DL. The reason you saw such short hours on the historical calendar is because of the cast parties... they closed the park early for those. They have been cancelled this year. If you look back a few posts, I put the hours for my visit--thanks to Disney Dining--and our visits overlap!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #3024
labattblue
DIS Veteran

I've been to WDW when the decorations are up, and have been dreaming of going back in the coming years, but after browsing through this thread, I am blown away. DLR at Xmas time just moved up to the top of my bucket list!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #3025
bjmbr1223
Earning My Ears

tksbaskets- such beautiful pics. We have talked about doing the tour for the wonderful seats for the parade but unfortunately don't know if it will ever happen. We were going to try for an anniversary gift to us from us but now we have no one to watch our kids since our family has backed out of the trip. Oh well we will still see it and all its splender.

Can't wait to get down to Dland knowing that it is so close. It's feeling more real now that our PS is taken care of. We are now debating if I make a reservation for Carnation Cafe. I am craving their potato soup. We have never eaten there. Looking forward to Goofy's kitchen, Minnie's breakfast, and Rainforest Cafe. Sooooo excited.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #3026
Bex258
Earning My Ears

Jan visit

Hello, new to the board posting wise although I've been reading posts for ages as research for this trip and my WDW one.
I love this thread; I'm already in the mood for Christmas.

I've only skimmed through the pages, I think if I looked through them all I'd explode with excitement. I'm hopefully visiting a friend in LA for New years and I have 3 days to visit DLR. I was looking at getting the SoCal pass so I have a Disney 3 day park hopper and a magic morning.

I've looked at last years opening times and show times to try and work out how to do it. My plan is to do DCA on Jan 2nd, Cars land first thing and catch world of colour, and the Aladdin show.
DL on Jan 3rd and use the magic morning to do Fantasyland and visit Toon town as the park opens (I've heard these are the places that get potentially the biggest lines in general) my main priority is rides that are not a WDW, DL POC and of course IASW and HM in holiday decor as well as the Christmas fireworks and parade.
Then spend the third day between parks doing rides I didn't have time for/taking photos/shopping.

My question is do you think this plan is realistic given that schools won't have gone back etc? I've never done DL before but on my WDW trip we spent open till close at the parks on most of the days were where there. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
First visit to Disneyland Jan 2013

Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #3027
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmbr1223 View Post
tksbaskets- such beautiful pics. We have talked about doing the tour for the wonderful seats for the parade but unfortunately don't know if it will ever happen. We were going to try for an anniversary gift to us from us but now we have no one to watch our kids since our family has backed out of the trip. Oh well we will still see it and all its splender.

Can't wait to get down to Dland knowing that it is so close. It's feeling more real now that our PS is taken care of. We are now debating if I make a reservation for Carnation Cafe. I am craving their potato soup. We have never eaten there. Looking forward to Goofy's kitchen, Minnie's breakfast, and Rainforest Cafe. Sooooo excited.
How little are your children. Many youngsters were on our tour and enjoyed the rides and the seating.

DO the Carnation Cafe. You won't be sorry. Have a pot pie and the soup for me. YUM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #3028
mickey+minnie91
Mouseketeer

Weekend of 10 and 11 of Nov

Im assuming that if we are at Disneyland the weekend before the 12th that some of the decorations will be up for xmas. Has anyone been there to experience what is going on right before the actual "opening" ?
Dance competition March/April 2015
Past Trips: 4th of July 2013 Christmas Day 2011 Cheer comp March 2010 November 2008 July 2007Aug 2005 Nov 2004-DS 4th bday "My Disneyland Birthday partySept 2001-DD 4th bday DS 1st trip March 1998-DD 1st trip June 1990-Engagement
Grad Night 1988
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #3029
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
CP will be running almost every night in December this year... they are trying something new at DL. The reason you saw such short hours on the historical calendar is because of the cast parties... they closed the park early for those. They have been cancelled this year. If you look back a few posts, I put the hours for my visit--thanks to Disney Dining--and our visits overlap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
SO the lovely cm also gave me the tentative hours for my trip... she did say it was subject to change, which we all know:

Wed Dec 5th--DL 9 am to 9 pm, DCA 9 am to 8 pm (DCA EE at 8 am)
Thurs Dec 6th--DL 9 am to 10 pm, DCA 9 am to 8 pm (DL EE at 8 am)
Fri Dec 7th--DL 8 am to Mid, DCA 8 am to 10 pm (DCA EE at 7 am)
Sat Dec 8th--DL 8 am to Mid, DCA 8 am to 10 pm (DL EE at 7 am)
Sun Dec 9th--DL 8 am to Mid, DCA 8 am to 10 pm (DCA EE at 7 am)
Mon Dec 10th--DL 9 am to 9 pm, DCA 9 am to 8 pm (DCA EE at 8 am)

I am really really not used to DCA being open before 10... so that sure is going to be interesting to get used to.
I'm glad to see a few late night closings on Saturday and Sunday. We decided to book our flight home at 7:00 pm so that we could get almost a full day in on Monday.

Thank you!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #3030
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Ready for more parade pics?? Here is the evening parade 2009. Seems like only yesterday we had our excellent tour and primo seats!

I dare you not to smile looking at this guy!

Afternoon parade January 2012 - same excellent seats and worth the price of the tour (again)

Oh dear...

See you soon at TSMM Woody!

My favorite princess~

I'm thinking a tad too much makeup...

What's my son doing in the parade?

Come on...admit to the song you are about to sing...

Hi Ho!

To infinity and beyond! Hey Buzz, do you think you can help me with my dreadful scores on BLAB??

Obviously I had much better luck with the day parade pictures...

TK -

Those parade photos are amazing! They came out crystal clear - so bright and colorful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLove View Post
...Thanks for the link to the TR you just finished. I'll have to check that out!
Kathleen -

One of my TR followers suggested that I should subtitle the 12/11 TR, "The Nightmare Before Christmas," and not because of anything having to do with Jack Skellington! I had already settled into the "Aunt Betty..." title, but she has me seriously considering changing it to that. I still may do it.

In December 2010, I had comical run-ins in Disneyland with a peppermint ice cream cone and a trash can, and a little girl banged herself into the back of my chair in a restaurant, prompting her to erupt in tears. I didn't think things would get worse than that, but in December 2011 they sure did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by labattblue View Post
I've been to WDW when the decorations are up, and have been dreaming of going back in the coming years, but after browsing through this thread, I am blown away. DLR at Xmas time just moved up to the top of my bucket list!
labattblue -

I think you'll love it if you can make it to DLR for the holidays! While DLR is not nearly as large of a resort as WDW is (and therefore there is not as much ground to cover in decorations), it is fully involved and extensive. It's truly a magical experience! I wish we had the Osborne Lights and some of the amazing hotel decorations, but we do have IASW Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday! And this year we will have Cars Land/Buena Vista Street decorations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex258 View Post
Hello, new to the board posting wise although I've been reading posts for ages as research for this trip and my WDW one.
I love this thread; I'm already in the mood for Christmas.

I've only skimmed through the pages, I think if I looked through them all I'd explode with excitement. I'm hopefully visiting a friend in LA for New years and I have 3 days to visit DLR. I was looking at getting the SoCal pass so I have a Disney 3 day park hopper and a magic morning.

I've looked at last years opening times and show times to try and work out how to do it. My plan is to do DCA on Jan 2nd, Cars land first thing and catch world of colour, and the Aladdin show.
DL on Jan 3rd and use the magic morning to do Fantasyland and visit Toon town as the park opens (I've heard these are the places that get potentially the biggest lines in general) my main priority is rides that are not a WDW, DL POC and of course IASW and HM in holiday decor as well as the Christmas fireworks and parade.
Then spend the third day between parks doing rides I didn't have time for/taking photos/shopping.

My question is do you think this plan is realistic given that schools won't have gone back etc? I've never done DL before but on my WDW trip we spent open till close at the parks on most of the days were where there. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Bex258 -

Welcome! I'm so glad you're enjoying the thread. We have a lot of great people here who contribute important information, breaking news items and wonderful photos!

From what I can tell, I think the plan looks realistic. It looks as if you are making the most of your time and trying to plan everything out in a logical way. Heading to Fantasyland during the MM hour is a good idea, and Toon Town does get crowded pretty fast - this is true!

It will be crowded, this is true - unless it rains, that is, in which case it won't be - but it sounds like you are expecting that, so it won't be a shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey+minnie91 View Post
Im assuming that if we are at Disneyland the weekend before the 12th that some of the decorations will be up for xmas. Has anyone been there to experience what is going on right before the actual "opening" ?
mickey+minnie91 -

Hello and welcome!

First of all, on a side note, you have no idea how happy I am that you just posted! Why is that, you may wonder? Because, in your signature, you have the "rockin Christmas" tree graphic with the swaying tree and two Mickey heads!

I spent so much time trying to find that darn tree emoticon a couple of months ago! I'd had it saved on my PC at one point - in fact, I think I used it in my own signature a few years ago, during the holiday season. I wanted to include it in one of my upcoming Theme Week countdowns in this thread (which take place every Monday).

But I think the graphic disappeared from my files after my PC crashed last year, and I could not find it anywhere on the Internet recently. I knew that someone, somewhere on the DIS, had to have it - but I had no clue who to ask because it's not the holiday season yet and no one would have it in their signatures. You appeared today, and there it was! The old familiar rockin' Christmas tree!

Anyway, as to your question...there is always a lot of discussion on the DIS about what happens before the official opening. I pay a lot of attention to what everyone says because it helps to have that information for this thread.

The season officially begins on 11/12 this year, as you know. But...all the decorations in both parks begin to slowly go up even before Halloween rolls around, and then it's a little-by-little decoration process up to the 12th. New things are put up every day.

So you will get to see all or 99% of the decorations in both parks. It sounds like the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks will be running on the weekend - but we don't yet know for sure if there will be snowfall on Main Street and in front of IASWH at the end of them, or if that starts on 11/12. It appears that It's a Small World Holiday will be open before 11/12. I think that most of the treats and merchandise will be available (with the exception of a couple of things).

I don't know if Santa will be out in the park, and I'm not sure how much of the Round-Up/Holly Jolly Jamboree will be open before 11/12. I'm not sure about the parade - that may not start until 11/12. And the nighttime Castle lighting in icicles may not take place until 11/12.

The hotels will not be decorated before 11/12.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12

Last edited by Sherry E; 10-10-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: