Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #2956
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan84 View Post
I'll be at DL the first week of December, do they typically do Fireworks/snow during the weekdays? I was told they did by some folks and told they don't by others (all by non Dis'ers) so figured I'd check with the experts
They do it every single day - at least they did the week I was there last November which IIRC was Nov 14 - 18.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #2957
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

ChrisSD & DisFan84 -

Take a look at the schedules from November and December of last year, for reference:

November 2011

December 2011

ChrisSD - I think the Winter Enchantment lighting of the Castle should be happening on the first official day of the season (11/12), which is what the calendar shows as happening last year on 11/14, which is when the season began.

Kristin - That's a good question about Walt's birthday! It seems that there must be some sort of tribute or something, but I don't recall hearing about it??

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #2958
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

From 2010

Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #2959
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer

These are from our trip last year...I just booked a last minute trip to go back Dec 1st again this year!! I am sooooooo excited and can not wait!!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #2960
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI if anyone is interested in goodies delivered to their room by vacation planning this year for the holidays! I sent an email today to ask about it (was not hopeful that I would get a real answer) but this was the reply:

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your e-mail. We do have Holiday Amenities available each year . We are still confirming our amenities for the holiday season. You can contact our office the end of October beginning of November and we should have all the information for you .
Our holiday amenities are only available to guest at the 3 Disney Hotels.

Each holiday season, Vacation Planning offers Disney-themed Christmas trees and stockings. These amenities are delivered to your hotel room, and are unique each year. Take home some Holiday Disney Magic! Contact us at (714)300-7526 option 2 or (714) 781-4438 for details and pricing.
*Christmas amenities are available in a limited number and are subject to change and availability.*

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #2961
CajunMomof3
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the IASW pics!! I have been so excited about that as (like PP) my DS with autism loves that ride & a new experience will be great for the whole family.

Can someone tell me if the music changes with the overlay?
Pop Century (11/07), All-Star Movies (10/08), Port Orleans- Riverside (6/09), Coronado Springs (10/09), Boardwalk Villas (11/10), Boardwalk Inn (4/11), Port Orleans- Riverside/Polynesian (10/11), Grand Floridian (3/12), DisneyLand Hotel (12/12), Disney Magic (3/13), ** AP**Wilderness Lodge (7/13), POR (7/13), POFQ (8/13), SOG (8/13)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #2962
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMomof3 View Post
Thanks so much for the IASW pics!! I have been so excited about that as (like PP) my DS with autism loves that ride & a new experience will be great for the whole family.

Yes. It's a medley of IASW, Deck the Halls, and Jingle Bells

Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #2963
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMomof3 View Post

CajunMomof3 -

I actually wrote about it in my intro to the new theme yesterday (I have written all the intros to all the themes; they're not copied and pasted from anywhere).

See the paragraphs that are in red - the songs are mentioned in the 4th paragraph down in that red section:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2933

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #2964
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

100% confirmed now. Believe...in Holiday Magic is on schedule at official site starting 11/9 8:45PM

If like last years, the shows that weekend will be "soft starts" meaning the synchronized castle lighting won't be active, that will start Monday 11/12.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #2965
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post
100% confirmed now. Believe...in Holiday Magic is on schedule at official site starting 11/9 8:45PM

If like last years, the shows that weekend will be "soft starts" meaning the synchronized castle lighting won't be active, that will start Monday 11/12.
Exactly - which is why I keep emphasizing "the first day of the season" or the "first official day of the season" when I try to explain when certain things start. Anything that happens prior to 11/12 this year is not official - it's a soft open. IASW Holiday will likely soft open too, as it does most years. But nothing is guaranteed to be up and running until the first official day of the season - and 11/12 is that day this year.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #2966
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellers View Post
My apologies--you said the parks, and I gave you a recommendation for Downtown Disney. In the parks, for dinner, with a little one, you might want to consider Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure, particularly if they have a World of Color dinner show package.
We did this package last year. I'd caution you that dinner is not a character experience at night. While it was nice to get the fastpasses for WOC, I felt the dinner was overpriced for the overall experience. (in my last TR)

I have done the WOC Picnic from Wine Country Ta... and was very satisfied with value for the experience there. (in my October DL TR)

You don't get a reserved standing area, yet a fp for a particular viewing area.

TK
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #2967
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Here is where I admit that had we not gone on the Holiday Tour we would not have gone on this ride? I do think my guys liked it (although that was never admitted)

I think you'd have to ride this ride many times to capture all the details. I especially like that the Disney Princess and other characters are encorporated in the ride.

LOVE theme week!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #2968
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
We did this package last year. I'd caution you that dinner is not a character experience at night. While it was nice to get the fastpasses for WOC, I felt the dinner was overpriced for the overall experience. (in my last TR)

I have done the WOC Picnic from Wine Country Ta... and was very satisfied with value for the experience there. (in my October DL TR)

You don't get a reserved standing area, yet a fp for a particular viewing area.

TK
Ariels is back to characters for dinner... but no more WOC passes... you have to do Carthay or WCT or a picnic to get the WOC passes (or the FP machine at Grizzly.)

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #2969
CajunMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
CajunMomof3 -

I actually wrote about it in my intro to the new theme yesterday (I have written all the intros to all the themes; they're not copied and pasted from anywhere).

See the paragraphs that are in red - the songs are mentioned in the 4th paragraph down in that red section:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2933
Not sure how I missed that whole section... But, thanks for the info. I'm now even more excited than before!! Not sure I'm going to last until the end of December
Pop Century (11/07), All-Star Movies (10/08), Port Orleans- Riverside (6/09), Coronado Springs (10/09), Boardwalk Villas (11/10), Boardwalk Inn (4/11), Port Orleans- Riverside/Polynesian (10/11), Grand Floridian (3/12), DisneyLand Hotel (12/12), Disney Magic (3/13), ** AP**Wilderness Lodge (7/13), POR (7/13), POFQ (8/13), SOG (8/13)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #2970
DisneyFan3113
Professional author, England-born, Disney fanatic!! :)

This thread is so awesome! Very glad I stumbled on it. Go me. Taking a trip to DL this November with all 6 kids, & DH (so make that 7 kids, LOL), and none of them know yet. Its going to be great, first-ever "surprise" trip. Anyways, I was just wondering if there's any good restaurants we should make reservations for? Also, is Fantasmic! worth seeing? Any answers help. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: