Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #2896
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #2897
daniele_ut
Mouseketeer

Argh! I am so disappointed and frustrated with myself. I miscounted and thought TODAY was the day to call for reservations for Thanksgiving day. We wanted to eat at Storytellers and the only time available for our party size was 9pm. We will have 5 kids with us, ages 11 months through 8 years, so there is no way we can eat at that hour. The only other option was Goofy's at 12:30pm so I ended up booking it, but we have all eaten there before and we were hoping for something different for Thanksgiving. I'm so angry at myself.

I know we'll be in the happiest place on earth on Thanksgiving and I should be grateful. I just need to vent and sulk for a minute.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #2898
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

It's not 60 days by counting. It's two months... So for November 24th ressies you can call September 24th. 30 days out for F! Dessert seating is the same... 1 month, not 30 days. So today is the 24th of September so you can make dessert ressies for October 24th starting today.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #2899
daniele_ut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
It's not 60 days by counting. It's two months... So for November 24th ressies you can call September 24th. 30 days out for F! Dessert seating is the same... 1 month, not 30 days. So today is the 24th of September so you can make dessert ressies for October 24th starting today.
Then why does the information on the Dis say 60 days out? Like here, for instance (and yes I realize that is the 2011 info):

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/Ev...nksgiving.html

I remember years ago, when you had to get up at 5am at exactly 60 days out to make reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast.

I'm guessing the odds of anyone cancelling are slim to none since there is no penalty for not showing up.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #2900
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

It's kinda a misnomer... But it's really 2 months... Sorry it screwed you up! I'll be calling October 5 for December 5 even tho there won't be park hours yet *sigh*

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #2901
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby
It's kinda a misnomer... But it's really 2 months... Sorry it screwed you up! I'll be calling October 5 for December 5 even tho there won't be park hours yet *sigh*
Oh and far as I know it's always been this way. On all of our trips I've waited for the two month mark.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #2902
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

Keep those pics coming! I'm soooo anxious to go back to DL, and can't wait for December to get here!
Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #2903
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #2904
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #2905
FourOrchards
Mouseketeer

We will be heading to Disneyland the week of Christmas.

Has anyone gotten any tips on discounts at any of the Disney properties for accommodations?

Most likely we'll be staying at the Grand California.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #2906
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

FourOrchards -

So far, no discounts have popped up for the holiday season that I am aware of (at least not as far as a big offer that has gone out to many people). I'm not even sure that there will be anything substantial in the way of discounts this year because attendance and onsite bookings have been very healthy. Disney may feel like it doesn't need to offer any really good discounts if they don't expect any lulls in activity.

Of course, AP holders can get 10% off of hotel rooms year-round, but those great rates that used to be offered (like 35% off) seem to be getting few and far between.

One thing I find interesting is that - at least as recently as a couple of days ago - the Disneyland website was still saying that the holidays would take place in "November and December." In other words, they are (or were) still not specifying November 12th as the starting date of the season. If it hadn't been for a couple of DIS'ers mentioning months ago that November 12th was named as the start date on Facebook and on the Disney travel agent websites, etc., we would probably still be wondering if the season was due to begin on 11/9 or 11/12.

It makes me think that, perhaps, Disney does not want to name a specific start date for the season this year so that they don't experience that "lull" in between Halloween Time and the holidays. If they let people think that the season is happening in full effect in early November (which is usually not the case), they may increase the number of guests and onsite bookings in early November - which is when it is typically slower. Interesting. Very interesting.

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful New Orleans Square photos! It's always interesting for me to see which themes I announce/set up are the ones that attract a lot of posts and the ones that don't.

Bret - We must always remember the long-lost light canopy! We will never forget it! It made such a dramatic impact on the nighttime look of New Orleans Square that its presence is definitely missed.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #2907
Jcrew85031
Earning My Ears

Hello, first time poster, long time reader. I enjoy these boards!! Anyhoo, me DH, DD (7), and DD (5) will be going to DL 12/2-12/4. DH hates crowds so I am getting nervous as it gets closer. He hasn't been to DL since junior high. Me and the girls were just last Christmas. But we can handle the crowds/craziness. Do you think I should worry or just go w/ the flow. I want DH to have a good time so he will want to go back! Me and my kids love disney!! This is also our first time at the DLHotel. I won a trip from JohnJay & Rich on the radio in Phoenix. Thanks!!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #2908
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew85031 View Post
Hello, first time poster, long time reader. I enjoy these boards!! Anyhoo, me DH, DD (7), and DD (5) will be going to DL 12/2-12/4. DH hates crowds so I am getting nervous as it gets closer. He hasn't been to DL since junior high. Me and the girls were just last Christmas. But we can handle the crowds/craziness. Do you think I should worry or just go w/ the flow. I want DH to have a good time so he will want to go back! Me and my kids love disney!! This is also our first time at the DLHotel. I won a trip from JohnJay & Rich on the radio in Phoenix. Thanks!!
Hello, Jcrew85031 - welcome!

Well, first of all, congratulations on winning the trip!

You'll be there from a Sunday to Tuesday. I was at Disneyland last year at the same time (my dates were Sunday, December 4 - Thursday, December 8). Sunday got a bit crowded in the mid-to-late afternoon, due to Candlelight Processional crowds. Monday was delightful and not very crowded in either Disneyland or California Adventure. Tuesday was a little busier.

This year is a question mark. While I still believe that some people have to be at work and school in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks and cannot travel, the Candlelight Processional is taking place on the first 20 nights this December...and we have no way of knowing if the added nights will make the parks much more crowded on each night, or if it will help to spread out the crowds a bit so that each night is not too bad.

The other question mark is the allure of Cars Land/Buena Vista Street. So far, reports have come in that have stated that Halloween Time has already been busier than expected (usually, late September is not as crowded as October) in the 1-1/2 weeks it's been going on. I can only assume that more people are coming out this season - not only to see the Halloween stuff, but because the billion dollar makeover of California Adventure is now complete.

This pattern could continue into the holiday season, with more crowds showing up even in the typically less crowded times to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street decorated for the season.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #2909
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

Elk Grove Chris, wow your pictures are awesome!
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
Old 09-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #2910
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswm30b View Post
So, I leave for WDW in 3 days (where I I'll hopefully see MyMuse again!), and the day I get back, I'll be at the 60 day countdown & can start making my reservations for Disneyland! I'm trying not to look at TOO many pics in the Xmas countdown here, so I'm not completely spoiled, lol. But I did see a pic of Santa Mickey! Where exactly does he meet?
Yes, I shall be there!!

and when I get back, it'll be time to make my Holiday Tour ressies.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: