Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #2836
twinky
Mouseketeer

These are from Nov 2011...looking forward to Nov 2012 visit!

....looking forward to Nov 2012 visit!

Last edited by twinky; 09-17-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Pictures didn't load the first time.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #2837
tiggerluvr
Mouseketeer

I found a few from Halloween 2006!

My boychild and I are super excited to be able to see it again this December! This has been DS(13)'s favorite movie for many years now. In fact, he dressed up as Jack Skellington for Halloween that year.
DL 40th Birthday trip: Oct 2013 || DL last minute trip with friends: May 2013 || DL awesome Mother-Son blowout: Dec 2012 || DCL & DL Spring Break: Apr 2010 || DL Halloween: Oct 2007 || DL family reunion: Mar 2003 || DL DS's first trip: Mar 2002

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #2838
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

Woot! I'm so loving this thread and seeing everyone's pics. I can't wait till our trip!!

Again, from the first week of Jan '09, the only time we've been during the Christmas celebration time:

April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2839
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

twinky -

Great pictures! A few of them look familiar to me. Did you used to post on the DIS under another name, by any chance (some folks get tired of their DIS screen names and then reinvent themselves later)? I just wondered if maybe we had known you as someone else in the past, and that could explain why the shots seem familiar to me.

In any case, welcome to the thread!

TK, Bret & Vanessa & tiggerluvr - Thank you for posting your wonderful photos! Vanessa - I'm glad to see that you got Photobucket working for you again!

MyMuse -

I don't think there's a hidden Mickey book that includes Cars Land yet, but given how chock full of small details and sight gags that land is, I can only imagine how many hidden Mickeys there must be!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #2840
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Kathleen -

Yay! I'm so glad you shared your photos. I wondered if you had seen the new theme for the week when I posted it this morning, as you are usually one of the first to get some photos up after the themes have been announced.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #2841
MommyLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Kathleen -

Yay! I'm so glad you shared your photos. I wondered if you had seen the new theme for the week when I posted it this morning, as you are usually one of the first to get some photos up after the themes have been announced.
Thanks! Ya, I actually check this thread throughout the week and look forward to seeing everyone's pics and comments and such. This weekend I... um... was wanting it to be Monday cause I was curious what the new theme was going to be! How crazy is that?! I just had to pay some bills and take care of some "business" first before I let myself come over here and play.

Thanks for all the amazing threads you create & maintain around here. Been enjoying them for years!
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
Old 09-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #2842
twinky
Mouseketeer

No...I'm totally new here...*

I came here as a result of a gingerbread beignet search last year and am now just gearing up for our Nov 2012 visit (plane tix purchased last week!). As some of you have said, holidays at Disneyland are addictive!

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to sharing more as I can!

*can't you tell by my supersized pictures? sorry, next time I'll scale it down...

Quote:
twinky -

Great pictures! A few of them look familiar to me. Did you used to post on the DIS under another name, by any chance (some folks get tired of their DIS screen names and then reinvent themselves later)? I just wondered if maybe we had known you as someone else in the past, and that could explain why the shots seem familiar to me.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #2843
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLove View Post
Thanks! Ya, I actually check this thread throughout the week and look forward to seeing everyone's pics and comments and such. This weekend I... um... was wanting it to be Monday cause I was curious what the new theme was going to be! How crazy is that?! I just had to pay some bills and take care of some "business" first before I let myself come over here and play.

Thanks for all the amazing threads you create & maintain around here. Been enjoying them for years!
Kathleen -

You're welcome! And thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad to see that - like last year - the Theme Weeks seem to be going over well, and it's always wonderful to see who joins in. It's a bit of a different vibe in the Halloween thread (and the Theme Weeks just ended there). We saw a lot of great photos posted by some great DIS'ers who were kind enough to share them with with us, but at the end of the day I don't think anyone in the Halloween thread really minded when Theme Weeks came to an end, and I don't think anyone was all that excited to see what the new theme was going to be each week!

I think that Theme Weeks work really well with the holiday season and this thread because there are so many aspects and sub-aspects to cover in photos. Halloween Time doesn't seem to provide quite as much of a well from which to tap for theme ideas.

I am using basically the same themes I used last year in this thread (right down to the daily mini-themes in November), but switching up the order a bit. Initially I had picked Haunted Mansion Holiday/Nightmare Before Christmas for today's theme, and then I almost changed it at the last minute to a different theme...and then I changed it back to HMH again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinky View Post
I came here as a result of a gingerbread beignet search last year and am now just gearing up for our Nov 2012 visit (plane tix purchased last week!). As some of you have said, holidays at Disneyland are addictive!

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to sharing more as I can!

*can't you tell by my supersized pictures? sorry, next time I'll scale it down...
twinky -

Oh, lots and lots of people post the larger photos. Don't worry about that. Your photos are great - I especially love the very first shot from what you posted above. It's gorgeous.

We have lots of Theme Weeks to come - right up to 11/12/12 - so stay tuned!

Yes, the holidays at Disneyland are addictive, indeed! I'm glad to see you're going to be making another trip. Are you going around Thanksgiving, or another time in November?

And...did you like the gingerbread beignets (assuming you tried them last year)? I have heard very mixed reviews of them. I like gingerbread, but I have not brought myself to try them yet.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #2844
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

All pics were taken between 12/5 - 12/10 2011

See the hidden Mickey?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #2845
twinky
Mouseketeer

Smile Sherry ...

We are going during the early part of Thanksgiving Week and I can't wait. I know there are so many places to visit in the world, but I can't help but want to return for more magic.

I really liked the gingerbread beignets with the vanilla creme anglaise. Maybe I just got an extra magical batch, because to me they were warm, spicy, and comforting...and they offered a taste of the holidays in every bite. I love the "plain" Mickey beignets, too!

Thanks for helping to build our excitement and anticipation with this board!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #2846
MommyLove

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm mikey View Post
All pics were taken between 12/5 - 12/10 2011

See the hidden Mickey?
Oh wow, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing that!

And also... awesome no-flash inside photos!!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #2847
simplicio
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E

MyMuse -

I'll look for you under that name on Facebook and send a friend request, but if I can't find you I'll send you a PM here.

simplicio -

You are in luck! (Sorry it took so long to respond.) While the season officially begins on Monday, 11/12 this year, I think that there is a good chance that certain things will be open or running over the weekend leading up to that day, such as the Christmas Fantasy Parade and It's a Small World Holiday.

If history repeats, I expect that IASWH should possibly be open by Friday, 11/9, at the earliest, and if not on 11/9 then it should be open by 11/10. I could be wrong, but I think the holiday parade began a day or two early last year as well. Worst case scenario is that the parade will begin on 11/12, and you'd still see it.

November 12th is also when the nighttime Winter Castle should light up in icicles at night and when Santa's Reindeer Round-Up is open.

The Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks should be running on 11/12.

All the lands that are going to be decorated (Toon Town, New Orleans Square, Frontierland, A Bug's Land, Cars Land, Main Street, Buena Vista Street, especially) will be decorated by the time you arrive, and all of the Christmas trees, large and small, will be up.

All of the holiday treats should be on sale at that point. Some items may appear later in the season but most of them will be available when you go. I'm not sure if the freshly made candy canes will be out yet (these are the ones that people wait in line for at the Candy Palace on Main Street), but we'll see.

The only thing that you won't really get to experience is any of the holiday decor at the 3 Disney hotels. The hotels tend to not really be decorated until after the season begins, by Thanksgiving weekend. While it may not sound like a big deal to miss the hotels, they do offer some really nice photo spots with Santa and some gorgeous Christmas trees. Also, Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel has a really whimsical tree. They might make an effort to get the hotels decorated a little earlier this year, so check them out anyway just to be sure, but otherwise, if not, that is the only aspect of the seasonal decorations that you will miss.

shishigirl -

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad you're enjoying the thread. I have (and do) put a lot of time into it, and I'm glad it has paid off in creating a place where we can all plan and share our anticipation, discuss breaking news, etc. We have some amazing contributors here. I love this thread not only for the wonderful pictures and information provided by the people who participate, of course, but also because there is just a fun vibe here. It's a subject (Disneyland at Christmas Time) that is just magical, and I think it's great fun finding ways to talk about it, plan and build excitement.

Yes, it will probably be pretty busy during your trip (though not like post-Christmas busy) - especially towards the end of it - but you'll have a whole week at DLR, so there will be plenty of time to do everything. If it's too crowded to do something on one day, you can go back and do it the next day. You'll have a wonderful trip!

There's a new Theme Week starting tomorrow, so stay tuned for that!

JediMasterNerd -

I don't think anyone knows yet. I would think that Carthay would have at least a few special items for Christmas, but Disneyland is notorious for taking a long time to release information. (There was recently a whole thread about the delay in releasing the hours/schedule for October.) You could call the Dining people, or e-mail them, and ask the question but they will probably say they don't know.

I would hope that Disneyland releases the Christmas Day menu info in October, but chances are it won't be until November. I hope I'm wrong, though!
Thank you! This is good to know!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #2848
MrsMac218
Earning My Ears

This is so much fun!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #2849
bjmbr1223
Earning My Ears

Hello- I have been reading this thread and absolutely love it!!! Wanting to join if thats ok. We are heading to Disneyland the 1st week of Dec and can't wait. It's been 12 years since we have been for xmas. We try to visit every couple of yrs but finally are making down for the holidays. I just wish I had all the cool pics that everyone has, that is my goal this trip and seeing all the different views is giving me so much inspiration. I am getting more and more excited. My kids DS 8 almost 9 and DD 5 has no clue what an awesome experience this is going to be. The were 5 and 2 last time we were down.
Love, Love, Love the pics
Old 09-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #2850
Crazy4Pooh
Earning My Ears

Hi there. We are going to Disneyland the first week in December also. We have gone in November a few years ago and loved the Christmas decorations. A little concerned about the Candlelight Procession being there our whole visit. Hope all who want to enjoy it do so but it was not in our plans and hope it doesn't make it too crazy.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: