Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #2761
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I know they alternate because in 2009 we got Santa Goofy. Don't know if they rotate by year or by day.

^^^ That's also been Santa's photo spot for a few years, too, of course.

This year, since the main DCA Christmas tree is slated to move over to Buena Vista Street, I am actually wondering if that photo spot in the Paradise Pier area will return. If they remove the tree from that location and stick it on BVS, I wonder if the little gazebo for photos would come back or if it, too, would relocate. I feel like they should have something in that Pier area, but it could all change without the Christmas tree.

Shannon - I'm not sure about the CP times, but there are usually 2 showings each night. I would imagine that the first one doesn't take place any earlier than 6 p.m., and possibly later than that.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-07-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #2762
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post

Proof that adult sons will still humor their mother and stand in line with the little guys to see Mickey!
Great pictures!!- and you have given me hope as a mother of a boy that he will do this for me someday

Countdown over Can't wait to get another trip on the calendar!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #2763
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

Finally! Photobucket let me into my account!

All of the following are from November 2011 over Veteran's Day

CA Tree from across the pier

The first time I had seen the new entrance, it kinda grows on ya! Miss the giant letters, but happy to hear the State Fairgrounds here in Sac, recieved them!

Santa photopass spot:
Dec. 1989 offsite Oct. 2007 GCH Apr. 2008 Paradise Pier Nov. 2008 GCH Concierge Sept. 2009 GCH Concierge June 2011- Offsite-Became a first time AP holder! Nov. 9-12th 2011- GCH Concierge and lunch @ Club 33
Mar. 2012 GCH Halloweentime 2012 Oct. 7-11th GCH PPH Concierge 1/24-1/27 2013 PPH Concierge May 2013 Planning Jan. 2014
Old 09-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #2764
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

More from November 2011

Duffy:

Here's what Santa's Photopass spot looked like on our arrival day (which was 11/9)

CA Tree

The following are from November 2009

CA Tree

Dec. 1989 offsite Oct. 2007 GCH Apr. 2008 Paradise Pier Nov. 2008 GCH Concierge Sept. 2009 GCH Concierge June 2011- Offsite-Became a first time AP holder! Nov. 9-12th 2011- GCH Concierge and lunch @ Club 33
Mar. 2012 GCH Halloweentime 2012 Oct. 7-11th GCH PPH Concierge 1/24-1/27 2013 PPH Concierge May 2013 Planning Jan. 2014
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #2765
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Vanessa -

Thank you so much for persevering and continuing to try to get into your Photobucket account so you could post the photos!

I love your pictures - again, they are adorable, as well as being so bright, festive and colorful. You both look like you're having a fantastic time!

Looking at your pictures, I am still wondering - as I did when looking at TK's pictures - what the fate of the Paradise Pier photo spot will be this year. Lord knows that DCA can't afford to lose any decorations from any areas. Even if they fully deck out Cars Land and Buena Vista Street with holiday merriment and take the tree out of the previous location in PP to put it on BVS, I feel like something holiday-ish needs to be in that spot on the Pier. It's going to look very empty without a tree and without Santa (assuming that Santa moves with the tree over to Buena Vista Street)!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #2766
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
Great pictures!!- and you have given me hope as a mother of a boy that he will do this for me someday
They will! I think they figured out if they smile for photo ops their parents keep taking them on wonderful Disney vacations.

Vanessa I loved your pictures and your one showing Santa in the photo spot.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #2767
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Thanksgiving hours

Do we know when they will be released? TIA
Old 09-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #2768
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

Yes, we were actually really surprised to catch Santa there on our last day! He was an awesome Santa too! I joked with my Aunt that in all the pics with Santa, I look like the third wheel, interrupting their date and all, lol!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #2769
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Is Santa or the characters dressed as Santa still in the parks on Christmas Day and beyond? We don't actually arrive until December 24th so our first day in the park will be the 25th. Thanks!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas 2012

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
Old 09-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #2770
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

StyledSugar -

You're interested in the Santas who pose for photos, correct? In other words, not the Santa who is part of the Christmas Fantasy Parade?

Barring any unexpected changes, Santa (in his red suit) should be at all 5 of his posts through December 25th. He can be found at the Reindeer Round-Up in Disneyland; California Adventure (though I think his photo spot in DCA will be different this year); and in all 3 hotels. In fact, the Santa location at the Grand Californian Hotel is particularly lovely. The GCH location has a PhotoPass photographer. The Disneyland Hotel location sometimes has a PhotoPass person and sometimes does not. The Paradise Pier Hotel Santa does not have a PhotoPass person, but the PPH Christmas tree is just gorgeous.

Now as for after Christmas, some have seen Santa and some have not. Fellow DIS'er Malcon10t posted a photo a while back of Santa in his green 'street clothes' at the Round-Up after Christmas. I'm not sure if he will be in DCA past 12/25 this year or not, but I think Santa disappears from the 3 hotels post-Christmas. The Dickens carolers disappear from the hotels a couple of days after Christmas too.

Maybe you could visit the hotel Santas on December 24, perhaps (don't miss that beautiful GCH lobby setting), and then visit the in-park Santas on 12/25.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #2771
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Well, we begin a new theme week tomorrow (I have been bouncing back and forth between the theme weeks in this thread and the theme weeks/theme days in the Halloween thread), but before we do, I will bid farewell to DCA's holiday decorations with some additional Bug's Land photos...

Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #2772
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

It's Monday, and you know what that means.....

It’s time for the Weekly Monday Countdown!!!

...Only 63 Days Until the
Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

And with the new week comes a new DLR holiday theme!!

As I’ve mentioned, I've decided to showcase a particular area of interest of DLR's holiday celebration each week until the 2012 season begins on Monday, November 12th!! There are many themes to come over the next 2 months, including 9 main weekly themes every Monday, 6 ‘mini-themes’ which will be featured each day from 11/6 – 11/11, and a final ‘Miscellaneous’ theme on Monday, November 12th (with a catchier name than “Miscellaneous,” though!).

Theme Week Countdowns are a great way to keep the photos rolling in on a regular basis and build anticipation for 11/12! Also, this is a way to display the different aspects and details of the holidays at DLR that may be totally new to some people...or previously unnoticed/undiscovered by others.

Last week, we searched for signs of Christmas in California Adventure – a park that is sure to look very different this November than it ever has in the past. The week before that we soaked in the small town American charm of Main Street.

This week we enjoy a rustic holiday celebration, tucked away in Frontierland. Here is where you will find Santa and a few of his reindeer, as well as an array of charming decorations and reindeer motif.

So, that said....

In the Spotlight this Week......

SANTA’S REINDEER ROUND-UP!!!

Filled with wagons overflowing with stuffed animals and presents, an assortment of Christmas trees large and small, Reindeer Fun Facts and countrified Christmas touches, Santa’s Reindeer Round-Up is a true highlight of the holidays at Disneyland Resort!

This time I’ll start with some 2011 Reindeer Round-Up photos first, and then work my way backward to 2010 and beyond (as opposed to my usual habit of starting with the older pictures and working my way forward!)…

Please feel free to post your photos of Santa’s Reindeer Round-Up all this week!!!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #2773
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Yay!!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #2774
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Christmas 2010

Old 09-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #2775
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

Oooh, great pics!! This is so fun!!

We loved Reindeer Roundup. And since we were there the first week of January, we had the place to ourselves. Awesome. This is Jan. '09:

April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: