Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #1921
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Thanks for the photo'd, Santa looks a bit stoned.
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
That's exactly what we said!! Maybe Santa got a little bit of pixie dust up his nose
Old 11-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #1922
hockey101
Earning My Ears

EDIT: wrong thread

Last edited by hockey101; 11-15-2011 at 10:25 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #1923
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgirl007 View Post
Good morning everyone Can anyone confim that Gary Sinise I the narrator for The Candlelight Processional?
I just read that same celebrity on another website. Looks like it might be true.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 11-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #1924
GoofyontheHiSeas
Do you know the Nutmeg Man.. The king of whats left

Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #1925
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

I am so looking forward to getting to Disney to enjoy the holidays.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #1926
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

We just got home last night and had a blast!! It was our first time during Holidaytime and it was so beautiful! We stayed at DLH and although we missed decor there (it being so early in the season), the park was enough to keep us satisfied.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the people on this thread for all the amazing info I have read and ended up using over the last two months. Especially to Sherry, you have helped SO SO SO much, way more than you know!

This time we got annual passes, so we'll be back soon, but we'll miss the holiday magic.

Best part, the Holiday Tour with front row seats, I was even more excited than my 4-year-old nephew
Old 11-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #1927
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
We just got home last night and had a blast!! It was our first time during Holidaytime and it was so beautiful! We stayed at DLH and although we missed decor there (it being so early in the season), the park was enough to keep us satisfied.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the people on this thread for all the amazing info I have read and ended up using over the last two months. Especially to Sherry, you have helped SO SO SO much, way more than you know!

This time we got annual passes, so we'll be back soon, but we'll miss the holiday magic.

Best part, the Holiday Tour with front row seats, I was even more excited than my 4-year-old nephew
NicoliSpicoli

I am so glad you had a wonderful time and that the holiday tour was such a hit. Glad you go to enjoy a little of the holiday magic.

Mia
Old 11-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #1928
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
NicoliSpicoli

I am so glad you had a wonderful time and that the holiday tour was such a hit. Glad you go to enjoy a little of the holiday magic.

Mia
We did the holiday tour and fantasmic premium viewing, but I was pretty skeptical about paying so much. I have to say it was SO worth it! We had never been during the holidays and never seen Fantasmic, so it was such a treat to experience both like that for the first time.

My 4-year-old nephew was a "bit" of a handful this time around, especially during the tour, but it still wasn't a bad experience. He was way too antsy during the tour, but when it came to IASW and treat/parade time, he calmed down, thank God!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #1929
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
My 4-year-old nephew was a "bit" of a handful this time around, especially during the tour, but it still wasn't a bad experience. He was way too antsy during the tour, but when it came to IASW and treat/parade time, he calmed down, thank God!
Can you tell me more about the tour and your experience with a 4 year old? DD is almost 5 and we'll be taking her so I want to be prepared! Also, how do you like the tour? And is there a holiday tour pin this time? If so, what does it look like?
Also, did you see the fireworks and if you did, where did you wait and for how long?

Thank yoU!

Kirsten
Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #1930
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Can you tell me more about the tour and your experience with a 4 year old? DD is almost 5 and we'll be taking her so I want to be prepared! Also, how do you like the tour? And is there a holiday tour pin this time? If so, what does it look like?
Also, did you see the fireworks and if you did, where did you wait and for how long?

Thank yoU!
He is four and a half and sometimes a handful in general. If you're child is mild mannered, then she'll be fine. He did okay at first and liked listening to Christmas music on the headphones. About an hour in, he was over it and we skipped the stroller because we didn't want to be holding the group back with the train ride, etc. Him and my DD7months were the only children in our group. The other group had 3 children, it would have been nice to be with them and not worry so much about him being antsy. He didn't want to ride Haunted Mansion, but once we got to IASW and the parade/treats, he loved it. In his defense, we dragged him around that day with no nap before the tour because of the timing. It was also day 4 of a 5 day trip to DLR. He was pretty much over everything at that point...lol!

I liked the tour, there were quite a few interesting facts. Our guide was Nathaniel and he was adorable and chipper, as they all are

There was a holiday tour pin and it was adorable, I will try to post a picture later today. It was one of those toy soldiers and the pin had dangling legs for the soldier. Super cute!

As far as fireworks go, we watched them from the hotel room that day since it was about 2 hours after the parade for them and our kids were toast. Friday we watched them from Plaza Inn's upper patio, I always like watching them from there and feel like you get a decent view, although a little skewed. Saturday, I think they were cancelled due to the rain, we were hotel bound most of that day to pouring rain, but we didn't see any happening from the window even in the breaks of rain. Sunday we watched from our premium seats for Fantasmic. All we were great views and we were near snow each time, but we never watched from directly down main street. We got the best castle view from Main Street, but I really loved watching them from ROA.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #1931
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Just checking in...finally got all of our reservations set for the trip. We will be there 11/28 to 12/4. Based on info from the fine folks in this thread we're going to try the Holiday tour, reserved Fantasmic seating and a WoC dinner. We always have to eat at Blue Bayou and Steakhouse 55 so those are set as well. Thanks for the great information, opinions and pictures everyone!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #1932
jacs1234
DIS Veteran

I just can't believe that the Christmas season is here already and we're already hearing about peoples Holiday trips.

I have to admit that I'm a tiny bit sad about it too. The build up is soooooooooooo much fun and before I blink my trip will be over.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #1933
canadadisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs1234 View Post
I just can't believe that the Christmas season is here already and we're already hearing about peoples Holiday trips.

I have to admit that I'm a tiny bit sad about it too. The build up is soooooooooooo much fun and before I blink my trip will be over.
I can really relate. I alwats get a bit sad about a week before our trip because I know the excitement and hype will all be over. I really feel like planning is half the fun! Have fun on your trip.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #1934
hellotoyou
Mouseketeer

nicolispicoli ... thank you for your Holiday Tour review ... we can't wait for ours!!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #1935
larina
DIS Veteran

Your holiday sounds lovely, makes me look forward to ours that much more. Christmas at Disneyland, it is almost too much to believe!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: