Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #151
Funball
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Yes, the marshmallow/caramel/chocolate/peppermint concoction was pretty much heaven for me. I already love the regular ones, but when I heard of the peppermint ones through this thread I KNEW what my treat would be. The gingerbread men were good (especially with hot cocoa), but the peppermint marshmallow takes the cake.

I already do chocolate dipped marshmallow for holidays ... heaven help my waistline if I ever figure out the caramel part successfully.

PHXscuba
Oh you know what? I had that also. .. and yes it is VERY good. I am not a marshmallow lover at all, but *that* was pretty darn good! I also can’t say it helped my waistline either, but I sure enjoyed every minute!!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #152
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

PHXscuba, Flitterific, lapdwife, Sue, Halloweenqueen, amamax2 and anyone else I am forgetting who welcomed me back or commented on Photobucket - yes, it takes a million years to load 1600 photos to Photobucket!! My PC is ancient and Photobucket is sllloooooowww. That is not a good mix! I have gotten 1200 of the photos loaded so far, but that took all day yesterday and part of today, while I am trying to rest and/or do other things. I've been super busy as well as sick so everything is annoying me!!

As KCMike says, just keep shooting. So many of my 1600 photos are just similar versions of the first photo. I kept taking multiple shots to make sure I came up with at least one or two decent ones. So I won't be posting all of the 1600 photos on the DIS because many of them are useless!

By the way, I should pat myself on the back for having the foresight to change my DLR dates to earlier in December this year. If I had followed the same pattern as when I went to DLR for the last 3 years, I would have ended up there this weekend - in all of the rain. Yes, the crowds would have been non-existent, but I would have been a drenched mess and would not have been able to get on a roll with the pictures. So I'm glad I went when I did - even though it was almost 90 degrees on the first day or two, and not very Christmasy!

Oh, and when I got my peppermint ice cream at DLR, I had planned on getting it in the chocolate-covered holiday cone with red and green sprinkles, like what they showed on Guy Fieri's special...UNTIL I noticed that Gibson Girl also had a holiday cone covered in crushed candy cane pieces!!! So I ate my peppermint ice cream in a cone encrusted in peppermint bits! YUM!! (And then I almost had a disaster on Main Street that would have involved my cone spilling on the ground and my camera shattering into a million pieces, as well as knocking a trash can over in the process...but I narrowly avoided that mishap and it all worked out.)

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #153
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Yes, the marshmallow/caramel/chocolate/peppermint concoction was pretty much heaven for me. I already love the regular ones, but when I heard of the peppermint ones through this thread I KNEW what my treat would be. The gingerbread men were good (especially with hot cocoa), but the peppermint marshmallow takes the cake.

I already do chocolate dipped marshmallow for holidays ... heaven help my waistline if I ever figure out the caramel part successfully.

PHXscuba
You already have it more than half way figured out. I do have a caramel recipe I use for caramel popcorn balls I make for the fall. If you wish to have it, I'll be happy to send it off to you.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #154
AttilaTheHun
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone, My son and I just got back from our last minute shopping trip to REI. Bought new rain resistant shoes for Attila, Rain pancho's for the both of us. Water repelant to put on my UGG type boots. We are now ready for face Disneyland in the rain. We will use the hotels dryers every night to dry out our clothes for the next day. We will drinking lots of hot apple cider to stay warm in side as well. Our plane leaves tomorrow evening.

So off we go. Will report how it turned out when we get back.

Nora Attila

Old 12-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #155
Desert Dwellers
Mouseketeer

I feel for everyone in the rain this week. On the other hand, with all the rain now, I feel the chances for rain are low for our trip on the 28th. But you never know.

For our July 2009 trip, our package came with four unique souvenir park hoppers so everyone was assigned a card. This year, our park hoppers are all the same - it's a cute Mickey card, but still identical. Should we mark each one so we each use the same card everyday? Or does it even matter who uses each card each day - they are all adult tickets.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:29 AM   #156
uneekstylez
Mouseketeer

So, our Christmas cards finally made it to their recipients! So, now I'm sharing them with everyone! They're printed on Pearl paper...that's why it's a bit sparkly.

This is the original file:

And here's a couple snapshots of it ready to be sent out:

INSIDE

OUTSIDE
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #157
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneekstylez View Post
So, our Christmas cards finally made it to their recipients! So, now I'm sharing them with everyone! They're printed on Pearl paper...that's why it's a bit sparkly.

INSIDE

OUTSIDE
Wow! This card is incredible!! Did you design it all yourself? I love it and it looks like you had a great trip, too.

Last edited by amamax2; 12-20-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #158
JH87
DIS Veteran

Quote:

INSIDE

OUTSIDE
I really like this! The design looks great & the photos are perfect!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #159
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

What a fantastic job on your Christmas cards, uneekstylez. I love that you had the candy cane "California" letters. What a way to remember them since this year is their last appearance.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

Last edited by funatdisney; 12-23-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #160
lapdwife
DIS Veteran

I finally got to use my new camera at night!

We don't go visit the princesses, guess we've been missing out. So cute!

Podcast 3.0 Cruise June 24, 2012
Old 12-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #161
Disgram23kids
Earning My Ears

Wow! Your card is AMAZING!!! Wish I was that talented.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #162
Disgram23kids
Earning My Ears

Wow! Your card is AMAZING!!! Wish I was that talented.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #163
Disgram23kids
Earning My Ears

I would be happy to post a few photos from our Christmas trip last week, but not sure how to do that. Can someone help me with instructions??
Old 12-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #164
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgram23kids View Post
I would be happy to post a few photos from our Christmas trip last week, but not sure how to do that. Can someone help me with instructions??
Hi Disgram! In order to share your pictures, you will need to create an account on a photo-sharing site (i.e. there are a lot of free ones such as Photobucket, Flickr) and upload your pictures there. Once you upload your pictures, there should be options there to share your photos and you can copy the URL that they have to share photos on bulletin boards (it's the one with IMG in the link). Good luck!

Me (27) & DBF (27)

Disneyland: Summer 1992, August 2007, May 2009 (GCH), August 2009 (FFI), December 2009 (HoJo), May 2010 (HoJo), August 2010 (HoJo), October 2010 (HoJo), November 2010 (HoJo), January 2011 (HoJo), May 2011 (HoJo), September 2011 (day trip), July 2012 (offsite), September 2012 (offsite), December 2012 (HoJo)
Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #165
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
PHXscuba, Flitterific, lapdwife, Sue, Halloweenqueen, amamax2 and anyone else I am forgetting who welcomed me back or commented on Photobucket - yes, it takes a million years to load 1600 photos to Photobucket!! My PC is ancient and Photobucket is sllloooooowww. That is not a good mix! I have gotten 1200 of the photos loaded so far, but that took all day yesterday and part of today, while I am trying to rest and/or do other things. I've been super busy as well as sick so everything is annoying me!!

As KCMike says, just keep shooting. So many of my 1600 photos are just similar versions of the first photo. I kept taking multiple shots to make sure I came up with at least one or two decent ones. So I won't be posting all of the 1600 photos on the DIS because many of them are useless!

By the way, I should pat myself on the back for having the foresight to change my DLR dates to earlier in December this year. If I had followed the same pattern as when I went to DLR for the last 3 years, I would have ended up there this weekend - in all of the rain. Yes, the crowds would have been non-existent, but I would have been a drenched mess and would not have been able to get on a roll with the pictures. So I'm glad I went when I did - even though it was almost 90 degrees on the first day or two, and not very Christmasy!

Oh, and when I got my peppermint ice cream at DLR, I had planned on getting it in the chocolate-covered holiday cone with red and green sprinkles, like what they showed on Guy Fieri's special...UNTIL I noticed that Gibson Girl also had a holiday cone covered in crushed candy cane pieces!!! So I ate my peppermint ice cream in a cone encrusted in peppermint bits! YUM!! (And then I almost had a disaster on Main Street that would have involved my cone spilling on the ground and my camera shattering into a million pieces, as well as knocking a trash can over in the process...but I narrowly avoided that mishap and it all worked out.)
Eek...you're still sick? Hope you feel better soon I've been sick on and off since I returned from our Thanksgiving trip (I think it's DLR withdrawal blame DBF for taking me away from the mouse ).

And it sounds like you have quite a story involving your ice cream cone...do share

Quote:

INSIDE

OUTSIDE
What a lovely card! Now if only I could design something like that for my scrapbook

Me (27) & DBF (27)

Disneyland: Summer 1992, August 2007, May 2009 (GCH), August 2009 (FFI), December 2009 (HoJo), May 2010 (HoJo), August 2010 (HoJo), October 2010 (HoJo), November 2010 (HoJo), January 2011 (HoJo), May 2011 (HoJo), September 2011 (day trip), July 2012 (offsite), September 2012 (offsite), December 2012 (HoJo)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: