Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
ltl engine
Mouseketeer

Military tickets?

For a family wedding we will be traveling with my parents. If my Dad buys the tickets using his military discount, can we only go into the parks with him? I am worried my parents may go back to the room early or if we separate to park hop....

8/2005-All Star Movies; 8/2006-VWL
4/2008-VWL & DCL
9/2009-BCV/BLT; 5/2011 RPR & Nick
12/2012 GCH
5/2014-WL & RPR
ltl engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
dmband
DIS Veteran

I heard a rumor that they may/may have started enforcing that you had o be with the member/spouse t enter
But in our experience that wasn't/isn't the case
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltl engine
For a family wedding we will be traveling with my parents. If my Dad buys the tickets using his military discount, can we only go into the parks with him? I am worried my parents may go back to the room early or if we separate to park hop....
There was a recent thread...I remember them saying that they have to enter with you and show ID, but to park hop later that day after that they didn't need to be
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

If you are planning to use the deeply discounted 3-day Salute tickets, he'll have to be with you. If he buys the slightly discounted military tickets from his local base, he is allowed to give those as gifts and you can use them without him.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
WishUponAStar520
Earning My Ears

hmmm i was there in may of 2012 and I know that he has to purchase a ticket for himsef to buy everyone else a ticket but in may i was able to go with my mom by ourselves to the MK when my husband(military) stayed back at the room with my step dad. Even when we all went together they never asked proof for his military id? the only time they needed his id was when we bought the tickets.
WishUponAStar520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #6
blutes
Earning My Ears

Dec 9-13 was there on the military salute tickets. military ID was asked for every day at first entry..others had to show ID at first entry. we all had to show ID to park hop but only had to show Military ID once..
blutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Maddle
DIS Veteran

As of this past weekend, (Jan 12-13, 2013) we were all required to have our picture taken on the first day of entry, enter together the first entry into any park, and show the eligible Mil ID first entry. Each subsequent day we had to show the mil id for the first entry of the day. (The picture was in the computer system to match with the name, so no switching tickets.)

Although we stuck together, my understanding was that we didn't have to do that - just for the first entry of the day. Some one in the party could park hop later in the day if they wanted to. They DO require a handstamp though for park hopping. Has anyone tried? We will be going back today, and I will make a point of checking that out.

Just like last year, I had to provide a name for each ticket...I couldn't just buy a half dozen tickets and hand them out later. I had to know who was going to be using the ticket at time of purchase. There was no difference in price buying them at the ticket window versus buying them at ITT/MWR.

This year there are black-out dates for the Mil Tickets - I don't recall that from the past. The dates are:

12/23/2012 - 01/02/2013**
02/15/2013 - 02/17/2013
03/25/2013 - 04/05/2013
07/04/2013
Last Day of use: 09/28/2013

(Yes, that is in the past, but it might be useful for planning if they offer the same promotion next year.)

The ticket did not expire until the end of the promotion - not 14 days or what ever from first use.

Maddle
Maddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddle View Post
As of this past weekend, (Jan 12-13, 2013) we were all required to have our picture taken on the first day of entry, enter together the first entry into any park, and show the eligible Mil ID first entry. Each subsequent day we had to show the mil id for the first entry of the day. (The picture was in the computer system to match with the name, so no switching tickets.)

Although we stuck together, my understanding was that we didn't have to do that - just for the first entry of the day. Some one in the party could park hop later in the day if they wanted to. They DO require a handstamp though for park hopping. Has anyone tried? We will be going back today, and I will make a point of checking that out.

Just like last year, I had to provide a name for each ticket...I couldn't just buy a half dozen tickets and hand them out later. I had to know who was going to be using the ticket at time of purchase. There was no difference in price buying them at the ticket window versus buying them at ITT/MWR.

This year there are black-out dates for the Mil Tickets - I don't recall that from the past. The dates are:

12/23/2012 - 01/02/2013**
02/15/2013 - 02/17/2013
03/25/2013 - 04/05/2013
07/04/2013
Last Day of use: 09/28/2013

(Yes, that is in the past, but it might be useful for planning if they offer the same promotion next year.)

The ticket did not expire until the end of the promotion - not 14 days or what ever from first use.

Maddle
What you have described is true for the Military Salute 3-day tickets only. Any other "military discount" ticket purchased on a military base and given as a gift does not require the same process.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddle View Post

Although we stuck together, my understanding was that we didn't have to do that - just for the first entry of the day. Some one in the party could park hop later in the day if they wanted to.
This sounds correct. On Sunday, the couple in front of us was using Military Salute tickets. They made the military member show her ID and told her to make sure she had it out for the first entry each day.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
atcavi8or
Earning My Ears

I am eligble to purchase the Salute Tickets, however I recently bought Deluxe Season Passes for all my family members. We are planning on going to Disneyland in Feb but my daughter wants to take a friend. I should be able to just purchase 1 of the salute tickets for her correct? I'm not required to use one myself am I if I already have a pass?
atcavi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcavi8or
I am eligble to purchase the Salute Tickets, however I recently bought Deluxe Season Passes for all my family members. We are planning on going to Disneyland in Feb but my daughter wants to take a friend. I should be able to just purchase 1 of the salute tickets for her correct? I'm not required to use one myself am I if I already have a pass?
You're welcome to call and ask, but I was in a similar situation (had an AP and wanted to buy a salute ticket for my sister) and could not because the rules state that at least ONE ticket must be purchased by the servicemember or their dependent to use themselves.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: