Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #1321
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Shawna!!!

Happy First Birthday to Gideon!!!

Jason and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary today. I can't believe it's been ten years already. We're not really celebrating since he's working second shift. It stinks that he has to work on our anniversary but we have a whole year to celebrate the big ten! Thankfully this his last night of it. He works second shift for 2 weeks every 3 months and I hate it every time. At least it's temporary and he has a job.

No new prospects for daycare kids yet but I'll fill the spots soon I'm sure. I just can't believe I went from 7 kids down to 3 in the blink of an eye. This economy sure doesn't seem to be turning in the right direction if you ask me. A friend of mine is also a provider and she's down to 2.

Our November trip isn't completely out yet. We're waiting to see what Disney offers in the couple of weeks before we decide. I have always wanted to go at Christmas but if we go I want to do it right and not skip things just because of saving money. If we don't go in November we are definitely going in the spring- probably May. It's just too risky to tap into our savings too much right now. They are talking about shutdowns at Jason's work in September and my income was just cut in half. Not that I make that much to begin with but it was our extra spend money. I work for Disney. We're also planning on renovating our bathroom so we're having to pick and choose where the extra money is spent. He'd rather spend it at Home Depot for the bathroom and well, you know I'd rather spend it at Disney! We shall see...
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #1322
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Kim, congrats on 10 years!! It's awesome!! We're at 11 this August!!

I haven't checked in since Sunday because I just lost control of life - we all have those moments, right?

Sunday night, we finished clearing EVERYTHING out of our living room for the new floors that went in on Monday and Tuesday. We're books and CDs people, so it was a LOT of stuff.

Jeremy started a new job on Monday, so I got to stay home and babysit the flooring installation. I had no car and was pretty much limited to one room in the house. First world problems, right?

Tuesday, though, I planned to put in a half day of work from home. When I logged on to check my email, there was one from my boss. She'd told me, my first day back from Disney, that she'd been diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer. Well, Monday she'd met with all the doctors to discuss her treatment plan annnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's really Stage I or II. With surgery scheduled for next week, a biopsy Wednesday (yesterday) and more tests next Tuesday. She'll be gone for 8-9 weeks and doesn't yet know what the surgery and treatment will be.

I adore my boss, so this is kind of the stress cherry on the stress sundae. We'll get through, she should be fine, work will always be there but AUGH OH MAN AUGH.

(Then we had some impressive rainfall overnight with a thunderstorm that stayed overhead from midnight until 1am, with a brief power outage, a return of the storm at 2am and another storm just before 6am).

I feel bad, being so stressed out by everything but I think it's because I can control NONE of it. I really just want to go back to Disney World and pretend I don't have a care in the world! Or in the World!

Thanks for listening to me vent.

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #1323
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sarah...that's one crazy week girl! Hopefully by next week, it'll be more lined out and you will feel better...have some time for it to all sink in and see what your options are, for you and your boss.

Kim...we went to Disney one time in May...it was nice...already had warmed up, but nothing too hot...I would do May again in a heartbeat. I totally understand your $$ issue...if it were coming out of my savings, and Mike was facing a possible layoff I would not do it either!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #1324
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Hi Birdies! Just a quick post...we're leaving for Spain this afternoon, for a week at the beach. I think the kids are excited to be having a "relaxing" vacation instead of a "sightseeing" vacation. It's not Disney, but it should be fun! And then it will only be a week until back-to-school! Where did the summer go?

Hope you all have a great week!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #1325
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kathy....How amazing!!!!! I cannot imagine just packing up and hopping over to any of the great countries, sites, you have access too!!! Hope your vacation is wonderful!!!We felt like that about our Colorado vacation in June...it was nice to just go and do and not be on a schedule...wasn't sure how I would do with that, but it is something you need as a family sometimes!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #1326
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey girls...just wanted to share with you that I started our annual Christmas shopping thread on the family board!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42066003
Y'all come say hello and give some input!

Last edited by Disney Mommy 3; 08-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #1327
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Hi Birdies! Just a quick post...we're leaving for Spain this afternoon, for a week at the beach. I think the kids are excited to be having a "relaxing" vacation instead of a "sightseeing" vacation. It's not Disney, but it should be fun! And then it will only be a week until back-to-school! Where did the summer go?

A beach in Spain sounds lovely. I really want to try for Europe for our next assignment, but Logan wants to spend some time in the States first. I get where he's coming from, so now I'm thinking we should go back to the States for a few years, save up our money, then try for Europe.
Not that I get any real say in the matter...

Kim - I went to the website for your daycare and I'm amazed! It's so organized. I would totally send Gideon to you if we lived nearby and I worked. I hope you find some more kids soon!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #1328
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Well, I haven't gotten the ok from Tony yet, but my mom wants to take a big family trip to WDW next summer. I voted for the end of August, but my olker sister sells college textbooks, so that's out of the question. We're looking at mid July now. That is when we always used to go to Disney. I really hope Tony says yes! I'd love to stay at a mod this time around, but it's just so much more money! Looks like Madison will get her wish of staying at Pop again. At least I'll get to stay ast the Boardwalk next August for a day or two. My agency is having an agent summit there!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #1329
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

yay!! I know you are ready to go back,,..and Cole will be a fun age to take him for his 1st trip!!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #1330
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hi birdies!! did you see they've added free dining dates to fall and winter into 2012????

I hope some of you can use it and get a deal!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #1331
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm super excited about the free dining extension. Hoping that it will generate some more business for me!!! I actually knew about it yesterday, but I couldn't say anything...that would land me in hot water! I'm hoping that it will help out a lot of a people.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #1332
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hi birdies!! did you see they've added free dining dates to fall and winter into 2012????

I hope some of you can use it and get a deal!
Darn that free dining! We're trying very hard to resist the urge to book. I'm having MAJOR withdrawals, but we have SO many things we want/need to do the house, and can't afford to do both. Must. Resist. Temptation.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #1333
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

The AP rates are out, too - I'm trying to upgrade from an AKV studio to a 1 BR (studios have no discount & 1 BR would be the same price)! Waiting for my TA to get back to me!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #1334
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post

Have a wonderful and relaxing week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey girls...just wanted to share with you that I started our annual Christmas shopping thread on the family board!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42066003
Y'all come say hello and give some input!
Good grief Shawna! I don't even want to think about Christmas yet! I'll stop by anyway. Your thread always gets me motivated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
A beach in Spain sounds lovely. I really want to try for Europe for our next assignment, but Logan wants to spend some time in the States first. I get where he's coming from, so now I'm thinking we should go back to the States for a few years, save up our money, then try for Europe.
Not that I get any real say in the matter...

Kim - I went to the website for your daycare and I'm amazed! It's so organized. I would totally send Gideon to you if we lived nearby and I worked. I hope you find some more kids soon!
Now things make sense! I checked my site stats the other day and was like "who the heck is visiting my site from Korea! I don't know anyone in Korea on FB" I completely forgot you were over there. I was waiting for the spam to start hitting my inbox. I get a visit and some spammy emails by someone in India about once a month that I just ignore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hi everyone. Well, I haven't gotten the ok from Tony yet, but my mom wants to take a big family trip to WDW next summer. I voted for the end of August, but my olker sister sells college textbooks, so that's out of the question. We're looking at mid July now. That is when we always used to go to Disney. I really hope Tony says yes! I'd love to stay at a mod this time around, but it's just so much more money! Looks like Madison will get her wish of staying at Pop again. At least I'll get to stay ast the Boardwalk next August for a day or two. My agency is having an agent summit there!
Fingers crossed for Cole's first trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Darn that free dining! We're trying very hard to resist the urge to book. I'm having MAJOR withdrawals, but we have SO many things we want/need to do the house, and can't afford to do both. Must. Resist. Temptation.
Same here. I priced out so many options for us this morning it was ridiculous. I'm still trying to figure out a way to go this fall but I must be the grown up and resist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm super excited about the free dining extension. Hoping that it will generate some more business for me!!! I actually knew about it yesterday, but I couldn't say anything...that would land me in hot water! I'm hoping that it will help out a lot of a people.
I don't know if I could keep that big of a secret! I wonder if the guy that spilled on here is getting in trouble. I was surprised he posted it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Sarah...that's one crazy week girl! Hopefully by next week, it'll be more lined out and you will feel better...have some time for it to all sink in and see what your options are, for you and your boss.

Kim...we went to Disney one time in May...it was nice...already had warmed up, but nothing too hot...I would do May again in a heartbeat. I totally understand your $$ issue...if it were coming out of my savings, and Mike was facing a possible layoff I would not do it either!
We're hoping for no layoffs but the rumors that this new budget stuff might effect government contractors is worrisome. Jason is part of the army defense testing center and they are usually the last ones to be effected because their job keeps the tanks and other equipment functioning properly for the men and women fighting overseas- kind of important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
The AP rates are out, too - I'm trying to upgrade from an AKV studio to a 1 BR (studios have no discount & 1 BR would be the same price)! Waiting for my TA to get back to me!
Good luck!

Sarah- for some reason yours didn't quote. Just wanted to say I hope things calm down for you and your boss.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #1335
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post

Now things make sense! I checked my site stats the other day and was like "who the heck is visiting my site from Korea! I don't know anyone in Korea on FB" I completely forgot you were over there. I was waiting for the spam to start hitting my inbox. I get a visit and some spammy emails by someone in India about once a month that I just ignore.
Yup! It was me. Don't worry, I won't send you any spam.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: