Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #1261
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Partly cloudy & hot with sct. showers or thunderstorms. Coverage 40%. High in the middle to upper 90's. Heat index 105-109.
copied right from our weather center! And this is the lowest heat index for this week!!! Lil mermaid...what state are you in? if you dont wanna post that's ok! LOL
I'm in IN. Yesterday was the nicest of the week....high of 83 with lower humidity. We're back in the 90s and humid through early next week. It was so pleasant on my way into work this morning - it's in the 60's.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #1262
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Cooler yesterday and today here. Supposed to hit 95 on Sunday, which just so happens to be my day off!! I love the heat, so I'll be the crazy one sitting outside!!

I should probably go take a nap. Big night tonight, Harry Potter at midnight!!! I've never done a midnight showing so a couple good friends and I are going to brave it!! Wish me luck!!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #1263
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Shawna- Our little guy is doing great. He is 6 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast time is flying.

I am absolutely wiped out right now. The heat mixed with being over tired is just too much right now.I have so much to do to get ready to go out of town tomorrow...yikes! At least I got to take a nap today.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #1264
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
I should probably go take a nap. Big night tonight, Harry Potter at midnight!!! I've never done a midnight showing so a couple good friends and I are going to brave it!! Wish me luck!!!
Hey, you're about an hour into the movie right now. I'm sure you're not having any trouble staying awake! I'm looking forward to seeing it too, but probably not this weekend. Have to see where it's playing in English, and line up a babysitter for DD...

I've been reading along, but not posting much lately. It seems to take all my DIS time to keep up with Shelly and Jo's PTR! Sarah, I hope you're having a GREAT time at the World! And some of you have trips planned that are getting closer and closer!

Well, a couple of weeks ago, while the three guys were at boy scout camp in England, DD and I went to DLP for the day! We had a great time. I'll come back in a bit and give you a mini-TR...gotta go get ready for the day and make my tea...
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #1265
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Cooler yesterday and today here. Supposed to hit 95 on Sunday, which just so happens to be my day off!! I love the heat, so I'll be the crazy one sitting outside!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
I went to the midnight showing, I think, for every movie except the last two. Oh, and the one that came out when I was in Prague. It will be weird to not have one coming out anymore, they've been coming out every year for SO long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Hey, you're about an hour into the movie right now. I'm sure you're not having any trouble staying awake! I'm looking forward to seeing it too, but probably not this weekend. Have to see where it's playing in English, and line up a babysitter for DD...

I've been reading along, but not posting much lately. It seems to take all my DIS time to keep up with Shelly and Jo's PTR! Sarah, I hope you're having a GREAT time at the World! And some of you have trips planned that are getting closer and closer!

Well, a couple of weeks ago, while the three guys were at boy scout camp in England, DD and I went to DLP for the day! We had a great time. I'll come back in a bit and give you a mini-TR...gotta go get ready for the day and make my tea...
It started showing here last night. Movies here tend to be subtitled in Korean, instead of dubbed, so we could have gone, but I had a crazy night last night, and didn't even mention it to Logan. (I lost my wallet...so yeah.) They're going to be showing it on post in a couple weeks, so we might go then, or we might just wait until it comes out on video and watch it that way like I did with the last one. Gideon does ok in movie theaters, but the Harry Potter movies are so long I am not sure I want to risk it, and I don't know anyone here well enough to trust them with my child.

That's so fun about DLP...I hope I get to go one day!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #1266
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I went to the midnight showing, I think, for every movie except the last two. Oh, and the one that came out when I was in Prague. It will be weird to not have one coming out anymore, they've been coming out every year for SO long!

It started showing here last night. Movies here tend to be subtitled in Korean, instead of dubbed, so we could have gone, but I had a crazy night last night, and didn't even mention it to Logan. (I lost my wallet...so yeah.) They're going to be showing it on post in a couple weeks, so we might go then, or we might just wait until it comes out on video and watch it that way like I did with the last one. Gideon does ok in movie theaters, but the Harry Potter movies are so long I am not sure I want to risk it, and I don't know anyone here well enough to trust them with my child.

That's so fun about DLP...I hope I get to go one day!
This last movie is supposed to be relatively short - clocking in at just under 2 hours. Although I'm not sure I'd take a little one to it anyway!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #1267
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Meghan - 6 weeks already!! Wow! I bet you're tired. Hang in there!

red - hope you liked the movie! We were coming home from the Twins last night and passed the theater near our house about 11:30. TOTALLY FULL parking lot! I wonder how many screens they were showing it on!

Kathy - I am certainly looking forward to your mini-TR on DLP!! I have to start making a written list of questions, they pop into my head and then I forget!! We are seeing some good deals for our dates - kids under 12 stay/play free, 25% off...It's actually cheaper than we thought! IF we don't go on Saturday, and wait until Sunday!
I have to figure out this half-board business...not sure if we need to do it, or just eat whenever/wherever and pay OOP. Need to research that.

I really need to update my TR too. Maybe today since I'm home with the kids and we're waiting for a T-storm to pass before we go anywhere.
It's so hard to write my own when it takes so long to keep up with everyone else's!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #1268
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Movie was great! Definately on the shorter side. I believe we were walking out of the theater before 2:30. So considering all the previews that had to go first, yeah under 2 hours.

Today I do happen to have a large headache however, so I'm glad I have the day off. Plan on doing some laundry and lounging!!

Have a great day!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:56 AM   #1269
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
This last movie is supposed to be relatively short - clocking in at just under 2 hours. Although I'm not sure I'd take a little one to it anyway!
He does really well at movies, but I try to avoid peak times, just in case.
I have no issues with getting up and walking out if he has problems (it hasn't happened yet). I had planned on taking him to the last one with someone in my family who had seen it before, so they could be the one who got up with him if he had a problem, but I didn't end up going.

He is a bit older now than the last time I took him to the theatre with me, so I'm not sure if I'll try. (he used to be perfectly happy as long as he was sitting with mommy) Logan and I could probably switch off and go with other people. I dunno... I'll probably over think it again and wait too long, then end up buying it when it comes out and watching it that way.

It's not like it is a huge deal. I've already read the books several times, so it's not as if I have no idea what is going to happen. They are fun to watch on the big screen, but it's not a deal breaker for me or anything.

He is also well behaved in restaurants, as long as he is well fed beforehand, has things to eat while we're eating, and it's not too late at night. He's certainly a strange child. I'm sure my next will be an absolute terror, and we'll never leave the house!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 07-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #1270
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies! We're back.

That was BRUTAL. I set my expectations low and I was not let down. They were not exceeded, but not let down! Ha!!

Things started poorly when TWO Brazilian tour groups turned up for our flight. But I will say that it was the quietest plane ride to Disney I've EVER been on!

Then they got worse when my brother hadn't paid attention to our arrival, had forgotten his phone, and his wife had the wrong number in her's for my cell. DOH. But then we walked on to a ME bus (with our luggage, which took 45 minutes to turn up!), walked up to online check-in, and then walked to our room by 2pm. Then things pretty much were fine.

Except for the heat. We were on the dining plan and, after 2 meals, I learned that eating food heavier than a salad made me pretty sick. That was pretty boring after awhile. Most of the waitstaff was really accommodating when I'd ask "what's your lightest meal?" Salads and some fish. Woo.

On the upside, we ended up with a couple quick-serve meals left over and concierge said "oh, of course, those you can trade for 3 snacks each."

Which brings me to our resort, CBR. I know that Momof2DisneyBoys is a HUGE CBR fan and I'd like to hop on her bandwagon, please. While I thought the theme was more than a little random in the room, I loved its location to the parks, the pool(s), and the options in the food court. It was very quiet, too, and we had a first floor corner room! My husband has already requested a return.

I'll post more about the baby stuff later.

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #1271
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
Hey ladies! We're back.

That was BRUTAL. I set my expectations low and I was not let down. They were not exceeded, but not let down! Ha!!

Things started poorly when TWO Brazilian tour groups turned up for our flight. But I will say that it was the quietest plane ride to Disney I've EVER been on!

Then they got worse when my brother hadn't paid attention to our arrival, had forgotten his phone, and his wife had the wrong number in her's for my cell. DOH. But then we walked on to a ME bus (with our luggage, which took 45 minutes to turn up!), walked up to online check-in, and then walked to our room by 2pm. Then things pretty much were fine.

Except for the heat. We were on the dining plan and, after 2 meals, I learned that eating food heavier than a salad made me pretty sick. That was pretty boring after awhile. Most of the waitstaff was really accommodating when I'd ask "what's your lightest meal?" Salads and some fish. Woo.

On the upside, we ended up with a couple quick-serve meals left over and concierge said "oh, of course, those you can trade for 3 snacks each."

Which brings me to our resort, CBR. I know that Momof2DisneyBoys is a HUGE CBR fan and I'd like to hop on her bandwagon, please. While I thought the theme was more than a little random in the room, I loved its location to the parks, the pool(s), and the options in the food court. It was very quiet, too, and we had a first floor corner room! My husband has already requested a return.

I'll post more about the baby stuff later.
I loved CBR too! If I didn't want to try so many other places, I would have no problems staying there every trip. We also got a ground floor room on the corner. It was so peaceful and lovely.

I'm sorry you had to set your expectations so low so you wouldn't be disappointed, and I'm glad you didn't cancel your ME ressie! I would have been very frustrated.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #1272
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I loved CBR too! If I didn't want to try so many other places, I would have no problems staying there every trip. We also got a ground floor room on the corner. It was so peaceful and lovely.

I'm sorry you had to set your expectations so low so you wouldn't be disappointed, and I'm glad you didn't cancel your ME ressie! I would have been very frustrated.
Well, between the heat, how I handle the heat, my injury, and the summer crowds, I did set my expectations low. I marched my parents (who had the rental car) to opening every day and we got on all the big rides straight away.

The whole arrival thing was just so... argh. ARGH. But I took a deep breath and kept on going. We landed at 12:45pm, so it would have been miserably hot outside if we'd been picked up immediately. I was just glad that we were the last people loaded on to the ME bus before it left... rather than watching it drive away!

My brother and his wife did use the baby carrier thing... because my niece gets antsy in her stroller when it's not moving. So she fussed less, in theory, when being worn. Of course, you can imagine how many breaks she and her parent had to take, but they all loved the various baby care centers. Heck, when my friend visited on Saturday with her *3* month baby, she took FULL advantage of the baby care centers, too. Great place for baby to rest. I will say that NO ONE in the parks batted an eye as the various moms fed their babies.

I did LOVE spending time with my niece. Loved loved loved it. When she was first brought in to my room, she and I sat on the floor and that was that. She crawled in to my lap and just played as babies do. When I had my baseball cap on, she'd play peek-a-boo with me, pulling my hat down, then lifting it up. It was pretty funny. I know the non-parents were pretty jealous of how much my niece enjoyed my company. Ha-ha suckers.

We didn't have a bad meal (well, even for as little as I could eat without getting sick), which was great. We ate at Marrakesh, Crystal Palace (my SIL didn't know it was a character meal and OH did my niece - at 9 months! - love love LOVE the characters, who all spent time playing and engaging with her. It was so lovely of them!), Le Cellier, Boma (just DH and I), Kouzzina, and Chefs de France.

At Kouzzina, I asked the waitress what the lightest option was (explaining what I meant - meat and sauces seemed to be bad), and she helped me find a meal without a heavy sauce. When she'd set the table, she was clearly used to small children and every place setting went as far out of reach from my niece as possible. Most waitstaff just do as they're told and we'd just move things - not her, she put it down out of reach immediately. At Le Cellier, my niece flirted with the waitress and got a glow cube for her troubles (best toy EVER!).

The tour groups were EVERYWHERE but by getting there first thing, we didn't run into them that often on rides. The new interactive line for Haunted Mansion was fun but I think it'll make crowding the entrance messy.

But I think I'll avoid the summer, in the future. More importantly, i'd REALLY like to avoid tearing more muscles even when not going to Disney World!

And my husband is already talking about 2013. SCORE! (He was once on an every 4 year plan.... mwhahaha)

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #1273
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sarah!!! Glad you had a good time!! I knew you would love being with your litle niece...even if you had to tolerate the grown ups!! LOL...yep,...this summer heat is misery!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #1274
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Meghan- Happy 6 weeks to your little man!

Sarah- Glad your trip went as well as possible! I was worried it would be much worse for you! Hooray for another CBR fan! What building were you in? I'm crossing my fingers we get Jamaica again in November.

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #1275
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Sarah!! So glad to hear you had a nice vacation and loved CBR! I can't wait to get there in 1 Month, 1 Week, and 1 Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: