Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #61
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Ok Birdies...you just keep all that sickness away from me. I leave Wednesday and I'd rather not spend my day flying sick, or my time in CO sick.

Work has been insane. Worked 50+ hours this week....not supposed to work more than 40...oops! 3 days left to work before I leave!!

Tomorrow is Christmas for the little kids my mom babysits for and my nieces. The girls are very good friends, so my mother decided to make them princess dresses. She's finishing the last one, then I'll post some pics...promise I actually will. I finally got everything else uploaded.

Tonight is dinner out with my parents then back here to just relax for the night. Bought some wine at work.......it's been a long week!

Have a great night everyone!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #62
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody! Gracie was better by Thur afternoon--but she was still tired and eating bland foods..That afternoon I took Kipper to get his new....GLASSES!! i will try to take some pics this weekend and post'em for ya! He is soooo cute!!! OUr weather is chilly again...50s in the day, 30s at night...the wind is what is so cold...it was very cold here all last winter--we even got snow, but I don't remember the wind being so bitter.Hope you all have a great weekend! Oh..Red...take some Colorado pics for me...Mike is all about going in Feb. Or so he says,...he says this every year then chickens out..he hates the cold!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #63
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Oooooo...50's sound heavenly! Glad Gracie's feeling a bit better!

We're gearing up for a cookie making extravaganza here! Chocolate chip with and without nuts, Oreo truffles, Ritz crackers with peanut butter dipped in white almond bark (do those even have a name?), and possibly some sugar cookies, but I forgot to buy cookie cutters, and need an easy recipe for icing. Anyone??

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #64
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Can we do some germ exorcism or something? PLEASE!! We have been dealing with sickness nonstop for the last 2 months. If it's not one, it's the other. Here's how our week went.

Monday-2 healthy boys.

Tuesday-2 healthy boys have doctors appointments, one for asthma med check, the other for well-baby check

Wednesday-baby has ultrasound on cheek because of lump, inconclusive

Thursday-baby has MRI on said lump, ruled a hemangioma (thank you, God!)

Thursday night- baby spikes weird high temp and ends up in the ER, one dr said pneumonia (again)

Friday-back to pediatrician for ER follow up. Doc says it's NOT pneumonia.

Saturday-ready for family Christmas party but oh, wait! Big Boy has high temperature 103.4 sore throat, ear ache.

Sunday (today) calling the pediatrician for an appointment for Ry. I'm going to beg for a preventative prescription for Chase LOL. Not really. I know he'll be sick in a few days, though.

Thank your thoughts and prayers for Chase. In order to have an MRI as a baby, they needed to put him under. His appointment wasn't until 2pm, so the poor thing wasn't allowed to eat or drink. He was able to nurse at 10am that morning and that was it. Fortunately, the lump is nothing serious.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #65
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Forgot to add that we changed our dates form the 4th time. No wonder my TA hates me. Rebooking our ADRs tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #66
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
Can we do some germ exorcism or something? PLEASE!! We have been dealing with sickness nonstop for the last 2 months. If it's not one, it's the other. Here's how our week went.

Monday-2 healthy boys.

Tuesday-2 healthy boys have doctors appointments, one for asthma med check, the other for well-baby check

Wednesday-baby has ultrasound on cheek because of lump, inconclusive

Thursday-baby has MRI on said lump, ruled a hemangioma (thank you, God!)

Thursday night- baby spikes weird high temp and ends up in the ER, one dr said pneumonia (again)

Friday-back to pediatrician for ER follow up. Doc says it's NOT pneumonia.

Saturday-ready for family Christmas party but oh, wait! Big Boy has high temperature 103.4 sore throat, ear ache.

Sunday (today) calling the pediatrician for an appointment for Ry. I'm going to beg for a preventative prescription for Chase LOL. Not really. I know he'll be sick in a few days, though.

Thank your thoughts and prayers for Chase. In order to have an MRI as a baby, they needed to put him under. His appointment wasn't until 2pm, so the poor thing wasn't allowed to eat or drink. He was able to nurse at 10am that morning and that was it. Fortunately, the lump is nothing serious.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 12-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #67
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Holy Canolli Mindy!! I hope things get better quick for you guys!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #68
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

I am FLIPPING OUT!! We just booked a three day cruise on the DREAM leaving on 3/10/11!!! Now we are leaving a day earlier and skipping my SIL's house to cruise!!! THis was completely un planned! DH was looking at it before - no rooms available. Now a Category 4 Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah shows up and we just talked for 5 minutes and BOOKED IT!!! I may puke!

Still not telling the girls. We may have officially lost our minds. The budget just went out the window. I will be eating Ramen in the dark for the next year.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #69
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

That's awesome, Sheree!! Please take lots of pictures. We've been taking about a Disney Cruise, so I'd love to see the accommodations.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #70
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

I am FLIPPING OUT!! We just booked a three day cruise on the DREAM leaving on 3/10/11!!! Now we are leaving a day earlier and skipping my SIL's house to cruise!!! THis was completely un planned! DH was looking at it before - no rooms available. Now a Category 4 Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah shows up and we just talked for 5 minutes and BOOKED IT!!! I may puke!

Still not telling the girls. We may have officially lost our minds. The budget just went out the window. I will be eating Ramen in the dark for the next year.
YAY!!! How fun! Yes, we need LOTS of pix!

Old 12-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #71
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hello Snowbirds Happy Sunday to you!

Boy it sounds like the Snowbirds could use some prayers and pixiedust for sick kids, burning couches, working lots of hours, and changing trips around!!

I hope everyone is all better soon!

Congrats on the cruise Sheree! We are planning to cruise in 2013.

Is everyone all ready for Christmas? I pretty much am. We actually already had Christmas with my mom yesterday. So I haven't seen much of the kids today, they have been too busy with their new toys and video games!

The shopping, wrapping, and baking is done. We still have 3 more days of school until break.

Have a great week!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #72
crzyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!! WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! *And naturally I'm only a tiny bit jealous!*
Old 12-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #73
crzyred

Finally got my pictures.

First look at the blizzard:

There's a ruler under that "can"....

The Princess Dresses that my mother made:

Old 12-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #74
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Mindy~sorry your kids aren't getting well!! I will be praying for you! Glad the baby's little lump was ok...
Sheree~congrats on the trip change!!!!! How fun!!!!
Shelly(Red)...love the dresses and look at that SNOW!!!
Shelly~Glad your holidays are off to a good start, but can't believe your kids are still in school! Thats late for our public schools..they all ended Friday.
Jenny...do you still need a recipe for icing? I had a good one, but it may be too late for you!! Sorry! I wish I would have checked yesterday! We are probably gonna do our cookie making/baskets tomorrow... of course,that's subject to change! I am contemplating not even doing it this year!! I kinda burned myself out last time with it.

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #75
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Mindy~sorry your kids aren't getting well!! I will be praying for you! Glad the baby's little lump was ok...
Sheree~congrats on the trip change!!!!! How fun!!!!
Shelly(Red)...love the dresses and look at that SNOW!!!
Shelly~Glad your holidays are off to a good start, but can't believe your kids are still in school! Thats late for our public schools..they all ended Friday.
Jenny...do you still need a recipe for icing? I had a good one, but it may be too late for you!! Sorry! I wish I would have checked yesterday! We are probably gonna do our cookie making/baskets tomorrow... of course,that's subject to change! I am contemplating not even doing it this year!! I kinda burned myself out last time with it.
Thanks anyway for the recipe idea-I actually pooped out before I even made it to sugar cookies OR gooey butter cookies. Two batches of chocolate chip-one regular (Toll House recipe), and one chocolate cookie with white chips, then we did some truffles, and they turned out HORRID! Yummy, but looked awful! I've lost my dipping skills! And I "made" 3 lasagnas yesterday (one for us, 2 are in the freezer as "gifts" for my grandparents). Andy took the boys to see Tron:Legacy this morning so I could get some wrapping done. And my house is a MESS! Frankly, this weekend has exhausted me!! I'm feeling a sick day coming on...

Drew still has school until Wednesday, too. Then they're off until the 3rd. THey usually have about 2 full weeks off, but the way the days fell, changed things a bit I guess. They get lots of time off in the late winter/early spring though. 4 days for Easter, a full week for spring break, and a few 3 day weekends thrown in for good measure!

Have a great week everyone! I'm sure it's going to be a busy one for most of you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: