Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #46
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
You MUST go have your toes done! It is the BEST! I don't usually go to those strip mall salons. They smell awful! We have a local spa that is fantastic that I use. I don't know if it is just a matter of better ventilation?
I was told by a nail artist that the "real" salons use more expensive, less harmful (less stinky) product, which is why the mall salons can do them for so much cheaper. Also probably why my toenails are yellowed when the polish finally comes off.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #47
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Never too late for the party!! Yeah, I need someone to do my nails for me. I still paint them like a 4 yr old! I always splurge pre-vacation for a mani-pedi. Love that feeling. And once they start chipping-LOOK OUT! I start scraping! I'll have that white-trash look in a matter of minutes!

I understand about the overwhelmed feeling. And I'm guessing with your daycare, you can't easily take a "sick" day to shop and get stuff done. I took the day Saturday and shopped all day, all by myself. Got most everything done, now I just have to find a time to wrap, make cookies, food for parties, etc. Thinking a sick day may be in order...
I do the awful peel thing too! It looks HORRIBLE..but I can't help it! And...thinking of all that you have to do would make me sick...so take off before you really are!!!
Quote:
Goodness, I could use a mani/pedi STAT. My feet are looking pretty rough. I'll splurge one of these days. I need a haircut, too.

Was able to officially get our reservations changed and made our ADRs. Got everything I wanted Ry was very excited that we are headed back to Chef Mickey. We've also decided to drive down. Maybe DH will change his mind closer to the time. Harrisburg, PA to Orlando, FL is a LOoOong drive.
Glad you got all you wanted!!!!
And as far as smells, yep,some of those make me get baaaaad headaches! If you could get in a salon instead of a walk-up place it would be better. Not to bash...at alll!!!!! But,..here we have lots of little shops scattered around with tons of Vietnemese or Korean people..they do a good job, but jeez...they nickel and dime you till you are out just as much as if you went to a regular salon with a nail tech!!! And yes Red...you neeeed to go! just once!! you will love it!!! And you can get a manicure without polish...just ask. If you don't want them polished that is...they can still file and do your cuticles...you will be glad you did!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #48
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Getting hit with a nasty ice storm! Left my SIL and it was drizzling a little, her sidewalk was a little slick. Had an ok drive home, then I couldn't get up my very small hill to my house! My neighbor and hubby came out and were throwing cat litter and bird seed to get me some traction. It took 20 minutes to get me past 2 houses and into my driveway (and our houses are VERY close together). The kids were partially freaking out, partially thinking it was fun. Keaton kept asking if we were going to have to sleep in the car! Drew's school is cancelled (and they don't cancel too terribly often since its a private school with no bus service), and I have no back-up plan as to where he can go tomorrow, unless I take him to Keaton's daycare (if they're open) and pay the $25/day. Or I could stay home. I was wanting a day off to get Christmas stuff done, but not really with the kids home. I need to wrap!!!

Hope you all are staying warm and safe! When exactly are we planning this field trip! I'm COLD!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #49
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Ice storms are the worst! So glad that you made it home safely, even if it did take forever.

Taking the baby for an MRI today. He has a lump in his cheek that an ultrasound wasn't able to help identify. Praying that it's just a hemangioma like we suspect and nothing more.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #50
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Getting hit with a nasty ice storm! Left my SIL and it was drizzling a little, her sidewalk was a little slick. Had an ok drive home, then I couldn't get up my very small hill to my house! My neighbor and hubby came out and were throwing cat litter and bird seed to get me some traction. It took 20 minutes to get me past 2 houses and into my driveway (and our houses are VERY close together). The kids were partially freaking out, partially thinking it was fun. Keaton kept asking if we were going to have to sleep in the car! Drew's school is cancelled (and they don't cancel too terribly often since its a private school with no bus service), and I have no back-up plan as to where he can go tomorrow, unless I take him to Keaton's daycare (if they're open) and pay the $25/day. Or I could stay home. I was wanting a day off to get Christmas stuff done, but not really with the kids home. I need to wrap!!!

Hope you all are staying warm and safe! When exactly are we planning this field trip! I'm COLD!!!
I hate ice. Glad you made it home okay! I'd take the day off if I were you Even if you get nothing accomplished because the kids are with you, it's better than going to work!
Quote:
Ice storms are the worst! So glad that you made it home safely, even if it did take forever.

Taking the baby for an MRI today. He has a lump in his cheek that an ultrasound wasn't able to help identify. Praying that it's just a hemangioma like we suspect and nothing more.
Keeping him in my prayers that it's nothing worrisome.

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #51
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Can you believe Christmas is only 9 days away!!!

I'm feeling a little better today but am super tired. I stayed up late making sugar cookies for my daycare Christmas party tomorrow night then tossed and turned with a stuffy nose all night. Tis the season for snot as my DH says. Sometimes he's so gross- but he's right.

Today I need to make a lasagna and rice crispy treats. I have a couple out sick today which is helpful. Not that I'm happy that the poor things are sick but you know what I mean.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #52
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Prayers and hugs coming your way. Poor baby! How exactly do they make a baby stay still for an MRI? I've had two and after a few minutes I start getting restless!!

I went ahead and came in to work since Andy was staying home. Not too many people here, but they had donuts, bagels and fruit for those of us that came in. The roads weren't NEARLY as bad as I thought they'd be. My boss just helped me get semi-caught up on my caseload the last few weeks, so I feel guilty "wasting" a day and getting further behind! If I can get more caught up today, I'm hoping to stay home Monday to wrap, and the kids will help me bake this weekend. We'll see how it goes. We only got 1 new case today instead of 3, so that helps a bunch, too!

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #53
drakes
DIS Veteran

I don't know what the temp is here today, but it is cold.

9 days until Christmas! So much wrapping!

Mindy - hugs, prayers and best wishes for your little guy!

Currently dealing with a court issue regarding child support - I really don't need this stress. Spent yesterday at the lawyers, and today on the phone.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #54
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! Am I EVER far behind!! Gosh I wondered why I wasn't getting emails about my Snowbird subscription anymore!

Glad everybody survived all the crazy weather lately! We haven't had a fresh snow in a about a week. It sure has been cold tho... I ended up driving the kids to school 5 out of the last 7 school days just because with the windchill it was pert near -35 degrees!!!

We really DO need to plan a SNOWBIRD slumber party one of these days!! THAT would be dabomb!!! Disney movies, nail painting, hair styling contests and munchies galore!!! That is my kind of party!!!

We are very busy here in the Horton Household! My Kenny is the "director" for all the drama that is done in our church so between the annual Christmas Dinner Theatre, 3 Christmas Eve services and regular weekend services he has been spending A LOT of time at church in the evenings!! And that is after he puts in an 8 hour day at his day job for the Federal Government!

I am doing childcare EVERY DAY and then shuttling the kids to their various activities as well as trying to prepare for Christmas and trying to manage the house! Not to mention the girls and I have each had our turn with that nasty tummy bug that was going around! YUCK!! On top of that I have been on 2 rounds of antibiotics for a nasty bladder infection that refuses to go away! I finish off the 2nd round tomorrow so hopefully...

I am about 95% done my Christmas shopping - just a few little odds and ends to pick up now! We have a wee bit of baking and have some vague plans to do a weee bit more. The tree goes up tonight and we will decorate it tomorrow night after we get home from dinner @ Friends house. Saturday we are taking the girls to see TRON: Legacy and Sunday we are going to a Friends' church for their kids Concert.

I sincerely hope that all my Snowbird buddies are staying warm and enjoying the Season!!

I should have more time to catch up next week when I am not constantly chasing children around my house!

Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #55
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey girls!!! Lets reschedule the Field trip...I got a sickie...Gracie was acting funny this morning...then she had diahrrea...now she's puking. Great. And guess what...it was open house/Christmas party at Ballet class!!! Bless her heart! And we made cookies yesterday for her to bring today! I need to go get her some popsicles/jello, but I hate to leave because if she throws up and I am not here, the boys don't want to be around her!! Well...it's gonna be a looooong day!
Mindy~ let us know how he did! It's probably nothing..but at least you will know for sure and wont worry about it anymore!
It's warm and muggy here..a cold front is coming thru tonight. But, even then it's only going to be in the 50s....I am ready for some COLD!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #56
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Sooooooo...I get one of those, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" calls while I'm at work. Hmmm...
Me: "Uhm, good news..."
Andy: "Nobody was hurt."
Me: "Anddddd.................."
Andy: "Well, I was trying to light the fireplace, the lighter slipped and launched into the fireplace and blew up..."
Andy: "And something flew out and burned a hole in the couch."
Me: "WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

You could hear the kids all excited in the background-Drew was excited because at least then the fireplace was LIT (Yep, a burned lighter will do that), and Keaton kept talking about how LOUD it was. They thought it was pretty cool. I'm hoping the extended warranty we bought on the couch covers fire damage. UGH!!!!!!!!! I need a drink!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #57
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

OH MY GOSH Jenny!!!! I'm so glad no one got hurt, and then I had to laugh! Sorry.
I hate those kind of phone calls too. Did you get your drink? I'm having mine this weekend for sure. It's been a busy week.

Trying desperately to finish shopping and DH says, we should get his sisters something! One lives in VA and I might order from Disney, so once I get it, I have to ship it. It will NOT be there by Christmas for sure!!! C'est la vie!

Mindy - hope all went well with your little guy!

Shawna - NO MORE SICKNESS!!!! Tell that little cutie to feel better soon!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #58
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! It's pretty cold around here lately too. I'm glad that I haven't had anywhere to go at night. I love just lounging around in my sweats!

I FINALLY updated my TR today. It's been a few weeks! Yikes! I've just been crazy lately and I can't wait until next week. I only have to work 2 days, then I have parties at dance on Wednesday, and Thursday is Madison's party at school (I even dragged Tony into helping!). Then, the real fun begins! We have a Christmas Eve service at church and the kids get to sing. I can't wait to hear them. After church, we'll head to my parents house for some snacks and the traditional opening of the first gift (always new pajamas). On Christmas day, we'll open gifts at our house and hang out for awhile. Then, it's back to my parents house for a delicious prime rib dinner.

Ever since we moved to Buffalo 15 years ago, we have gone into Syracuse for Christmas. It's not exactly fun driving 2 hours on Christmas, but we love seeing our family. Two years ago, we decided we were not going into Syracuse on Christmas anymore. We either went in the weekend before or the day after. No one seemed to mind, and it was nice to spend Christmas in Buffalo for a change. Well, this year, my mom decided to ask her sisters and brother if they wanted to come to Buffalo the day after Christmas. They all said yes!!!! I am so excited! Once again, we'll head to my parents on the 26th.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #59
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

Shawna - NO MORE SICKNESS!!!! Tell that little cutie to feel better soon!
Can you order that for my house too please??? Had to keep Nat home from school today cause she started to hurl at 6:15 this morning! GROSS!

What a crazy week we have had! Ugh! Really need everyone to stay healthy cause we have non refundable tix to see TRON: Legacy tomorrow!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #60
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Can you order that for my house too please??? Had to keep Nat home from school today cause she started to hurl at 6:15 this morning! GROSS!

What a crazy week we have had! Ugh! Really need everyone to stay healthy cause we have non refundable tix to see TRON: Legacy tomorrow!!!
Consider it done my friend!!

Tell her to feel better!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: