Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #31
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Hello Snowbirds

Glad everyone is finding their way to the new thread!


Well we are getting the tail end of that nasty blizzard everyone else got. But, our school rarely cancels and we went today. And guess who had to substitute? That was a rough drive at 7:30 this morning. We are supposed to get lots more before tomorrow morning, so if we're lucky we might get a 2 hour delay!


So I'm definitely up for a party at Shawna's!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #32
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,318

Okay, the roads are getting cleared, so I should be able to leave to pick you all up soon!! I'll just swing off at the rest stops off the interstates. Be waiting for me!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #33
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Okay, I will look something like this -->




Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #34
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,013

Yay! Hurry!! Hurry!! I am washing the sheets and plannin to bake cookies!! you know...we should do this someday....somewhere in the middle--wouldn't that be crazy fun?!!?? I love that idea! And you know...HIGHWAY 69 starts down here in Texas, in Port Arthur...and goes straight up to you Sheree!!! We wouldn't even have to make any turns! How many of us could fit in one car!!
Ok...well, I think we are going to try to make it to Narnia tonight!! Saylor went with the youth Group to Houston Sat to see it on the IMAX...I cannot wait!!!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #35
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran
 
Dancegrl624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Yay! Hurry!! Hurry!! I am washing the sheets and plannin to bake cookies!! you know...we should do this someday....somewhere in the middle--wouldn't that be crazy fun?!!?? I love that idea! And you know...HIGHWAY 69 starts down here in Texas, in Port Arthur...and goes straight up to you Sheree!!! We wouldn't even have to make any turns! How many of us could fit in one car!!
Ok...well, I think we are going to try to make it to Narnia tonight!! Saylor went with the youth Group to Houston Sat to see it on the IMAX...I cannot wait!!!
Oh my goodness...we totally need to have some sort of Snowbird retreat one of these days! Wouldn't that just be the best?! Count me in!
__________________
Me- Meghan (32), DH-Tony (30), DD-Madison (11), DS-Cole (3)



Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #36
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran
 
MindyLuvsMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,448

You are never going to believe what we have to do. We are changing our Disney dates AGAIN. The only positive about this change is that it will get me to WDW sooner. Rylan, our 6 year old, misses a lot of school due to illness. He is the SICKEST kid I've ever known. We had a meeting with his teacher this afternoon. Afterward, we decided that pulling him out for a Disney trip isn't the best idea. He may be healthier next year but we don't want to risk it. He is in a looping class and will have the same teacher next year.

So . . . looks like we, and 25,209,103,493 of our closest friends, will be at Disney June 12-18. Two of the days are predicted to have crowd levels of 9. I hate being among that many people but we'll have to plan accordingly. We'll avoid the parks UG says to avoid and hit early EMH. Mid-day breaks at the pool . . .

I get to make our ADRs tomorrow! Whoot! They better bet that I'll be up at 7 am to get the ressies I want.

NOW . . . anyone have June experience? Any good codes or free dining in the past? It's been nearly 5 years since we've been down in June.
__________________
Mindy , DH , DS9 , DS4

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #37
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

Good grief I've missed so much!!!

Hope I'm not late for the field trip to Shawna's! I can just imagine us all staying up late and chatting watching Disney movies in our PJ's. It's been a while since I've had a sleepover. Can we paint our mails too? I've only painted my nails a handful of times since I've had kids. It's sad really. I'm getting Em some nail polish for her stocking just as an excuse to be girly with her and paint our nails together.

Hope everyone is staying warm! It's bitter cold here but not much snow. We had a light dusting overnight but it melted by lunch. Andrew has been home from school the past 2 days with croup. He slept pretty well last night but I wanted to give him one more day to rest. He's not arguing. I've been sanitizing like a crazy lady.

I'm so far behind with Christmas stuff. I finally just got my Christmas cards from Shutterfly and am hoping ot get them mailed tomorrow. Friday is my annual Christmas party for my daycare families. Saturday Jason and I are going to finish shopping for the kids. Then there's the 10 other people in my family to shop for. Sunday my mom, sister and I are baking cookies together. My shopping and to do lists are overwhelming.
__________________
Kim
Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #38
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,013

No , you are not too late!! And yes, we can paint your nails!! ha!!! I always keep my toes painted..but the fingernails?...well, they get very neglected. Gracie and I actually went to get pedi's on Friday and I splurged and got a French Manicure! It's sooo pretty!! I hate the the tips are starting to get a litttle teeny bit of the 'oh-no!-we-are-not-looking-fresh' look today!!!! People keep asking me if I had nails done!! Nope...these are mine, just prettified!!!! You do have lots to do!! Just try to not get too frazzled! Tis the season..right?!!!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #39
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran
 
Momto2PrncChrmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Good grief I've missed so much!!!

Hope I'm not late for the field trip to Shawna's! I can just imagine us all staying up late and chatting watching Disney movies in our PJ's. It's been a while since I've had a sleepover. Can we paint our mails too? I've only painted my nails a handful of times since I've had kids. It's sad really. I'm getting Em some nail polish for her stocking just as an excuse to be girly with her and paint our nails together.

Hope everyone is staying warm! It's bitter cold here but not much snow. We had a light dusting overnight but it melted by lunch. Andrew has been home from school the past 2 days with croup. He slept pretty well last night but I wanted to give him one more day to rest. He's not arguing. I've been sanitizing like a crazy lady.

I'm so far behind with Christmas stuff. I finally just got my Christmas cards from Shutterfly and am hoping ot get them mailed tomorrow. Friday is my annual Christmas party for my daycare families. Saturday Jason and I are going to finish shopping for the kids. Then there's the 10 other people in my family to shop for. Sunday my mom, sister and I are baking cookies together. My shopping and to do lists are overwhelming.
Never too late for the party!! Yeah, I need someone to do my nails for me. I still paint them like a 4 yr old! I always splurge pre-vacation for a mani-pedi. Love that feeling. And once they start chipping-LOOK OUT! I start scraping! I'll have that white-trash look in a matter of minutes!

I understand about the overwhelmed feeling. And I'm guessing with your daycare, you can't easily take a "sick" day to shop and get stuff done. I took the day Saturday and shopped all day, all by myself. Got most everything done, now I just have to find a time to wrap, make cookies, food for parties, etc. Thinking a sick day may be in order...
__________________
Me-Jenny/40 , DH-Andy/40 , DS-Drew/11, DS-Keaton/7

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #40
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran
 
MindyLuvsMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,448

Goodness, I could use a mani/pedi STAT. My feet are looking pretty rough. I'll splurge one of these days. I need a haircut, too.

Was able to officially get our reservations changed and made our ADRs. Got everything I wanted Ry was very excited that we are headed back to Chef Mickey. We've also decided to drive down. Maybe DH will change his mind closer to the time. Harrisburg, PA to Orlando, FL is a LOoOong drive.
__________________
Mindy , DH , DS9 , DS4

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #41
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
Goodness, I could use a mani/pedi STAT. My feet are looking pretty rough. I'll splurge one of these days. I need a haircut, too.

Was able to officially get our reservations changed and made our ADRs. Got everything I wanted Ry was very excited that we are headed back to Chef Mickey. We've also decided to drive down. Maybe DH will change his mind closer to the time. Harrisburg, PA to Orlando, FL is a LOoOong drive.
It took us a little over 16 hours with a few short stops so add about an hour and a half to that plus more stops with younger kids... you sure he won't give in and fly? My DH won't fly either and if you must drive just be prepared with lots of stuff for the kids- snacks, toys, DVD's if you have a DVD player, music, earplugs for yourself. Drive while they sleep if they are good nappers in the car. The drive back is always the worst for us.

BTW- We were just up your way this past Saturday! We went to the Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg for their Santa' Wonderland. Here's the kid's pic from it. It's a pic of a pic but I don't have a scanner. The deer behind Santa gave me the creeps. All the stuffed animals in that place gave me the creeps. I'm not much for hunting unless you need to eat.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Never too late for the party!! Yeah, I need someone to do my nails for me. I still paint them like a 4 yr old! I always splurge pre-vacation for a mani-pedi. Love that feeling. And once they start chipping-LOOK OUT! I start scraping! I'll have that white-trash look in a matter of minutes!

I understand about the overwhelmed feeling. And I'm guessing with your daycare, you can't easily take a "sick" day to shop and get stuff done. I took the day Saturday and shopped all day, all by myself. Got most everything done, now I just have to find a time to wrap, make cookies, food for parties, etc. Thinking a sick day may be in order...
No it's really hard to take a sick day. I haven't taken a sick day since last winter when Andrew had pneumonia. Although I think I'm catching whatever this virus is that Andrew has so a sick day might not be too far off for me. Every one of my daycare parents has taken a sick day so far this month to get Christmas shopping done. It makes me jealous. Even if I took one, I still have Em all day so it wouldn't be very productive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
No , you are not too late!! And yes, we can paint your nails!! ha!!! I always keep my toes painted..but the fingernails?...well, they get very neglected. Gracie and I actually went to get pedi's on Friday and I splurged and got a French Manicure! It's sooo pretty!! I hate the the tips are starting to get a litttle teeny bit of the 'oh-no!-we-are-not-looking-fresh' look today!!!! People keep asking me if I had nails done!! Nope...these are mine, just prettified!!!! You do have lots to do!! Just try to not get too frazzled! Tis the season..right?!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Yay! Hurry!! Hurry!! I am washing the sheets and plannin to bake cookies!! you know...we should do this someday....somewhere in the middle--wouldn't that be crazy fun?!!?? I love that idea! And you know...HIGHWAY 69 starts down here in Texas, in Port Arthur...and goes straight up to you Sheree!!! We wouldn't even have to make any turns! How many of us could fit in one car!!
Ok...well, I think we are going to try to make it to Narnia tonight!! Saylor went with the youth Group to Houston Sat to see it on the IMAX...I cannot wait!!!
I have a minivan aka "Minnie"- she's an ugly tan color but she seats 7!!! Bring your Disney CDs for a road trip sing along. Who wants shotgun?

I can't wait to see Narnia! Hope it's as good as the previews look!
__________________
Kim
Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #42
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran
 
MindyLuvsMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,448

Kim-the deer in the background IS creepy! We've not been to Bass Pro in ages. We took Ry after it first opened to see the fish.

Not sure why DH's not up for flying. He gets tired of flying sometimes. He's a pilot. We also will have more freedom if we drive. We can go see his sister, The beach and Kennedy Space Center. We've done the drive before. Can't remember how long it took. Ry was 22 months at the time. I'd much rather fly but get where he's coming from. We'll be able to haul all of the gear that goes along with a 19 mo old.

Hey! We just bought a new Pilot. Seats 8 . . . I could fit a lot of Snowbirds
__________________
Mindy , DH , DS9 , DS4

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #43
drakes
DIS Veteran
 
drakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,139

Mickey mail

We got out ME tickets today! I was not expecting them so it was a nice surprise. Makes it all the more real!

DD has confirmed she wants to do BBB (she's 11) and we realize this may be the last chance for BBB. She wants to be Rapunzel... she is petite, but I didn't think she's fit in their Large dress.... so I left it, now it is next to impossible to find a dress, and I hear bad things about WDW not having them. Disney store online is sold out< I am hoping after Christmas we may be in luck?

I am also searching ebay and every costume store online I can.... any leads please let me know!

Thanks
__________________
drakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #44
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!
 
crzyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,529

I CALL SHOTGUN!!!!!!!!! I'm very good at reading maps, managing the gps, and changing cd's to make everyone happy!

So would you believe that I've never had a mani/pedi. A good friend of mine goes in Jan. around her birthday and I'm thinking of going with her this time and making it a Girls Day for her birthday present. However I do have one question. How do you deal with the smell in those places? I've been in numerous ones and have a headache within minutes.

Have a great night/Wednesday everyone!
__________________
Oct '92 -offsite, Jan '06 -offsite, Nov '06 -AllStar Music, Jan '08 -AllStar Music, Jan '09 -AllStar Music/SSR, July '10- Disneyland
Dec. '11 -Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village,
Jan. '13 - Old Key West, Jan. '15 Old Key West - Grand Villa
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #45
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran
 
MindyLuvsMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,448

You MUST go have your toes done! It is the BEST! I don't usually go to those strip mall salons. They smell awful! We have a local spa that is fantastic that I use. I don't know if it is just a matter of better ventilation?
__________________
Mindy , DH , DS9 , DS4

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: